Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Edit: I think I have to learn the video embedding skill in perception
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Is there a way to retrieve race from gmcp?
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iniar said:

I submitted this as an idea some time ago and talked to @Jesse about it before he moved on. Not sure it got any traction.
  • Cassius said:
    I submitted this as an idea some time ago and talked to @Jesse about it before he moved on. Not sure it got any traction.
    According to the IRE GMCP API doc it's supposed to exist as part of the Char.Status variables: http://www.ironrealms.com/gmcp-doc.  So I guess my question is - did it once exist and was taken out? 
  • It was never there as far as I can remember
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Target nothing|displace left arm|fsl Ladaia head hemotoxin|engage Ladaia added to your EQBAL queue.
    You will now aim your attacks wherever you see openings.
    You will now displace toward your target's left arm.
    Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    You have lost the anti-weapon field defence.
    Your target does not have the ability to parry attacks.
    Mana Lost: 4
    You are already engaging Ladaia.
    I have never seen this before. :s
  • Is there ever anyone around who can induct into the mudlet clan?
  • Jules said:
    Is there ever anyone around who can induct into the mudlet clan?
    Any of the members of the mudlet clan can induct into that clan.
  • Oh, thanks!
  • IniarIniar Australia
    [Then]:
    You are proficient in the following weapon classes:
    Shortsword.
    Claymore.
    Sabre.
    Battleaxe.
    Handaxe.
    Warhammer.

[Now]:
    You are proficient in the following weapon classes:
    Broadsword.
    Shortsword.
    Claymore.
    Sabre.
    Handaxe.
    Warhammer.

Is there a way to know which one is your chosen DK proficiency before you swap and realise that you lost something useful? Luckily mine is battle-axe.

• Change prof and see what drops?  Crappy way to do it though.
  • edited August 2014
    Any proficiency known ONLY because of your current profession will now note that in the PROFICIENCIES/PROFS output. This is the case for all professions that grant proficiency, not just knight classes.

If you know a proficiency that is ALSO granted by your current profession, it will not have such a note.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Did the ability to create layouts for weapons/armour get removed from non-smithing Metalworkers?
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • edited September 2014
    Ashani said:
    Did the ability to create layouts for weapons/armour get removed from non-smithing Metalworkers?
    Prior to the tradeskill revamp, there was such a restriction. There hasn't been since then. Anyone with Adept (or higher) Metalworking should be able to create and apply metalworking-layouts.

Because metalworking has both layouts and diagrams, and they are treated differently, they are separated into "metalworking" and "metalworking-layout" tradeskills in the pattern list.
    PATTERN LIST TRADESKILL METALWORKING will list diagrams.
    PATTERN LIST TRADESKILL METALWORKING-LAYOUT will list layouts.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    So my SekretDiabolistInTraining and I were mucking around and apparently they haven't been envenoming their daegger at all, even with proper syntax.

Question: Do diabolists need Envenom in Weaponry before they can use the inline envenom for Hunt:Malignosis, and if so, why? It is quite hard for a diabolist to push a fast offense without access to hemotoxin.
  • GAZE MORADEIM works from the Underworld. Is this intended? @Eoghan
  • edited September 2014
    Iniar said:
    So my SekretDiabolistInTraining and I were mucking around and apparently they haven't been envenoming their daegger at all, even with proper syntax.

Question: Do diabolists need Envenom in Weaponry before they can use the inline envenom for Hunt:Malignosis, and if so, why? It is quite hard for a diabolist to push a fast offense without access to hemotoxin.
    The ability to envenom is required for all inline envenoming, including Malignosis Hunt. I can't speak to any specific design decisions for the Diabolist profession.
    Raykel said:
    GAZE MORADEIM works from the Underworld. Is this intended? @Eoghan
    Yes, this is intended.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Poor SekretDiabolistInTraining. Guess she'll just have to suck it up and buy lessons :D
  • Envenom needs to be placed into Malignosis or something then. This was done ages ago for other classes that need to use toxins.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited September 2014
    @eoghan @garryn

Or did you mean one of these:
    AB SABOTAGE ENVENOM
    AB CHIVALRY ENVENOM
    AB BLADEDANCE ENVENOM
    AB BRUTALITY ENVENOM
    AB BOWMANSHIP ENVENOM
    AB WARDING ENVENOM
    AB PREDATION ENVENOM
    AB KNIFEPLAY ENVENOM
    AB TORMENT ENVENOM
    AB WYRMRIDING ENVENOM
    AB EVOCATION ENVENOM

Your move.

--Going to pregame that predation, bowmanship are secondary skillsets, just like Malignosis.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    You pregamed the wrong argument! This is the best pregame:

Fast Diabolist without toxin Hunt is like a 2.44 mental DSL.
  • Has anyone even killed the Legion yet, or did the game die down too much and people lost interest.
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • It's too much stupid bashing for anybody to care that much, and only one copy of the Legion items can exist at once, so you can cockblock another group by rekilling a boss when they're not around.

It's basically dumb in all aspects, which is a pretty solid way of summing up all the 'cool' new systems they make up. Mercenaries, etc.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:

It's too much stupid bashing for anybody to care that much, and only one copy of the Legion items can exist at once, so you can cockblock another group by rekilling a boss when they're not around.

It's basically dumb in all aspects, which is a pretty solid way of summing up all the 'cool' new systems they make up. Mercenaries, etc.

Which is a wonderful way to encourage them to come up with new systems. Good on you.

On topic: Is there a reference somewhere, in-game or here on the forums, that explains what the various colorings of names in QW/WHO mean?
  • edited October 2014
    Bright red - Demonic Entity
    Bright Cyan - Magick Entity
    Bright Green - Anti-magick Entity
    Bright Yellow - Guide
    Dark purple - Demonic Champion (Went through the Leechwood's root to become an apprentice)
    Dark blue - Regular champion (Was sacrificed on an altar, be it their own or the Avasyu one)
    Cyan - Admin/non-evolved Entities/coders/basically anyone else in the garden not attached to a sect.

Any other coloring would depend on what you have in CONFIG COLOR

That should be all the random colors out there.
  • @garryn

Planting the seeds of summoner classleads.

Dmg typeDmg# affsAffs:TaintIntensify?Intense effect
    CombustF661ablaze10No
    Dehydraten/a01butisol20Yes66 dmg
    NervewrackF461sunallergy20Yessensitive
    Heaven/a01prone20Yestaintx2
    SoulburnM921masochism10non/a
    FlashM821epilepsy10non/a<-50 relapse < 60% health
    DisorientF661vertigo10yesclumsy
    QuickenM821impatience10nonoaff relapse < 50% health
    NerveburnF461burn nerves20yes33% damage
    SoulwrackM820n/a10non/a
    Hellsightn/a02hellsight/ran15non/a
    FeverF661hallucinate10yesstupid

*It's important to explain here that the raw damage of soulburn (magic) and disorient (fire) are the same, the difference is fire damage resistance, which will be addressed later.

The standouts here are heave, dehydrate and hellsight. Lackluster afflictions, lackluster intensified effect, no damage. The solution here is add damage to them. Hellsight is sort of weird, but I'd take damage on it since summoner can't stick asthma. Or, better, hellsight does 0 damage, becomes penance when intensified.

I understand why nervewrack, nerveburn eat damage maluses because they're rewarding 2x as much taint. This is cool. The problem is you're double dipping in damage maluses because they're fire damage. This plays into why scourge needs to be more useful.

You'll notice how some of these skills lack intensified effects. You should remedy this and make some. It feels half-assed. t favors good decision making and opportunity cost to cash in taint for more afflictions (which plays to int summoner, fast summoner infuse builds). 

Scourge. 
    This whale of a terribly useless skill that I loathe. If I scourge myself, my disorient damage goes from 66 to 73. This still makes my best fire spell sub par to all of my magick damage spells (20% less effective). The numbers need to be adjusted to bring fire spells in line with other non-fire damage types, considering that scourge does 0 damage, 0 afflictions, and consumes > 50% taint.

Ashcloud: 
    If ash-cloud didn't exist, scourge would be the worst skill we have. I could invest 150 taint in ashcloud and I still would not be able to push a pipe offense. The buy in is steep. The damage is 0. The usefulness is questionable. You know what my profession isn't built on? Pushing pipe strategies.

Incinerate:
     I'm going to say that your nerf of incinerate was too harsh, unnecessary, and should have been handled in a classlead beta. Incinerate is the skill I need to be able to lean on to drop a hard resist target. Since it's clear that people think incinerate does too much passive dps, here are some options
    -Incinerate ticks will allow for a free intensify effect and only a free intensify effect (add intensify to cleanse aura)
    -Applies stacks of scourge which reduce all elemental resistances
    -Or just increases the damage of fire spells while incinerate is rolling (locks out high damage magick)

You'll notice in the chart that this only increases damage for 2 spells, but increases the affliction output of the class, playing to fool/enlightenment instakills.

P.S. Any insight on when we're un-un-un-unbreaking defiler?
  • When are the "daily" giftbag raffles held? I bought giftbags over the weekend and still have entries in the raffle.
  • Sylio said:
    When are the "daily" giftbag raffles held? I bought giftbags over the weekend and still have entries in the raffle.
    The giftbag raffle is not active during this promotion. It was accidentally run for two days, but was disabled.
  • I didn't see it in the HOUSING scrolls, but do individual homeowners have the purchase option of keyless, "conditional" doors like you find in some guildhalls or council/city rooms?
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Eldreth said:

I didn't see it in the HOUSING scrolls, but do individual homeowners have the purchase option of keyless, "conditional" doors like you find in some guildhalls or council/city rooms?

Not at this time.