Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Did something change with the drop % with the lasso  assembly pieces? I've only ever seen 2  mentioned, and that is within the last 2 days.  And I've bought way more  phylacteries than should be healthy.  

I mean, I get RNG and all that, but that is kinda odd that they just started showing up.

Similar question about the peixala. 

• I increased the chance to get the lasso because it was not coming up.

I have not changed the peixala at all.

• IniarIniar Australia
    We were wondering if the peixala was a real thing, Jeremy. :D
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • The peixala is a possible reward from the phylactery, with the same chance of being generated as the other familiars currently available. In addition to auditing the code, I have run tests to ensure it is possible for it to be created with the chances as they currently are, and one was created in those tests.

It's purely coincidence that none exist yet.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Aleutia, use 'Masterball' !! Hahaha. D***, I can't imagine how much collectors would pay for it. 
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • The problem with items like that is that so few people want them that both parties kind of have the other over a barrel. There's not a ton of familiar collectors out there so the market won't sustain a really high price, and a familiar isn't important enough for most collectors to be willing to go balls to the wall to get it.

My guess is ~50-75 credits at most. Maaaaaybe 100 if Selthis is feeling generous.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:

The problem with items like that is that so few people want them that both parties kind of have the other over a barrel. There's not a ton of familiar collectors out there so the market won't sustain a really high price, and a familiar isn't important enough for most collectors to be willing to go balls to the wall to get it.

My guess is ~50-75 credits at most. Maaaaaybe 100 if Selthis is feeling generous.

I hedge for familiars around the 75ish at most normally.  I think they're neat but I'm not gonna blow  bunch of credits on something I keep hidden 99% of the time and just collect to have a thing checked off.
  • Iniar said:
    Aleutia, use 'Masterball' !! Hahaha. D***, I can't imagine how much collectors would pay for it. 
    I can think of a single familiar that I would maybe shell out 125 or so for on a particularly desperate day, and it is currently none of the familiars from this promo.
  • edited July 2014
    Can anyone explain what a wavering ethereal mirror and a map of skegdald do?

Never mind, found them. When the announce says these will be removed at the end of the month, does that mean it'll decay/poof, or they just won't be found in phylacteries anymore?
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"

• Ashani said:
    When the announce says these will be removed at the end of the month, does that mean it'll decay/poof, or they just won't be found in phylacteries anymore?
    The latter - they will no longer be able to be pulled from phylacteries at the end of the month.
  • edited July 2014

So, uh....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lord Khizan Vladin
    You are essentially naked, and utterly satiated.
    You are sober and in full control of your faculties.
    You are ranked #29 in xp for the current event.
    You are a formal enemy of: Aherindale, Animists, Celidon, En'aruna, Kaark'krazul, Khandava, Kinsarmar, Kipos, Silvari,
    Stavenn, System, Tayar, Tirhin, Velin.
    You are not welcome in: Celidon, Khandava, Kinsarmar, Stavenn, and the associated townes.
    You are a formal ally of: Cetara.

Before the gates of Cetara. (Village of Cetara.)
    Occasional drops of rain fall to the ground from a sky grey with pregnant clouds. The heavy wooden gates of Cetara stand
    wide open. Waving ominously, a black flag bearing stripes of indigo and gold rustles listlessly in the dry wind. A
    smooth ironwood plaque is displayed here, its silver plate bearing elegant writing framed by a wreath of intricately
    etched fish.
    You see exits leading north and south.
    H:520/520 M:430/430 B:0 <eb> <db> D:100 F:0 (17 - south)
    You start plodding carefully across the constructed trenches.
    Along Fish Street. (Village of Cetara.)
    Occasional drops of rain fall to the ground from a sky grey with pregnant clouds. A wheeled cannon rests here. The
    decaying remains of Skye lie here. There are 3 elite elegantly dressed Noctusaris here. There are 5 elite Diavlous
    Knights here. There are 2 elite flaxen-haired archers here. A statuesque swan sits gracefully here, grooming its dark
    blue plumage with its long, blunted beak. Trenches have been dug at this location, surrounded by dangerously gleaming
    barbed wires.
    You see exits leading north, east (open door), south, and west (open door).
    An elite elegantly dressed Noctusari hurls a tarot card with the image of the Hanged Man on it at you. As it reaches
    you, a huge mass of rope bursts out of it, entrapping you and hindering you.
    You are afflicted with entangled.
    An elite elegantly dressed Noctusari reaches out and clenches a fist before you. You scream and double over in agony as
    your skin bubbles with gangrenous growths.
    Damage Taken: 135 electricity (raw damage: 212)

Isn't being a formal ally supposed to stop that from happening?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Where do I find Christof for these ancestral stones, and even if he's not selling them anymore, how much were they ingame?
  • The news posts about Christof and the stones start at ANNOUNCE # 2681 number 2708 should be the last one about the races.
  • So, I wrote down most of the important things I learned this month.  However, there was a cool, (and I think short) command that might have been related to path finding that someone mentioned, and now it's driving me absolutely insane that I can't remember what it was, or if it's even related to path finding.  So yeah.  It's not even that important (but it's nifty).  Anyone know about that thing, with the stuff, that does x?
  • Jules said:
    So, I wrote down most of the important things I learned this month.  However, there was a cool, (and I think short) command that might have been related to path finding that someone mentioned, and now it's driving me absolutely insane that I can't remember what it was, or if it's even related to path finding.  So yeah.  It's not even that important (but it's nifty).  Anyone know about that thing, with the stuff, that does x?
    Usage: PATH FIND <landmark>
           PATH SHORTEST <landmark> (as above, but won't ignore hostile locations)
           PATH GO
           PATH STOP
           PATH SEARCH <search word>

Any of those?
  • edited July 2014
    Well, I was going through everything and found the PATH SEARCH thing, and thought "oh, this is cool too", but I swear it might even have been one of those two letter commands.  Argh.  
  • It made me so crazy I actually got to see Khizan leave.  It was amazing, like seeing a unicorn dip its horn to purify a spring, and then depart.
  • I'd usually just sit there and AFK, but Ultrix or you or somebody would have started asking me to do things. :(

• You need a better hiding spot (especially since I'm tinkering with those mercenaries you warned me about that I will regret).  

• Khizan said:

So, uh....

Lord Khizan Vladin
    You are essentially naked, and utterly satiated.
    You are sober and in full control of your faculties.
    You are ranked #29 in xp for the current event.
    You are a formal enemy of: Aherindale, Animists, Celidon, En'aruna, Kaark'krazul, Khandava, Kinsarmar, Kipos, Silvari,
    Stavenn, System, Tayar, Tirhin, Velin.
    You are not welcome in: Celidon, Khandava, Kinsarmar, Stavenn, and the associated townes.
    You are a formal ally of: Cetara.

Before the gates of Cetara. (Village of Cetara.)
    Occasional drops of rain fall to the ground from a sky grey with pregnant clouds. The heavy wooden gates of Cetara stand
    wide open. Waving ominously, a black flag bearing stripes of indigo and gold rustles listlessly in the dry wind. A
    smooth ironwood plaque is displayed here, its silver plate bearing elegant writing framed by a wreath of intricately
    etched fish.
    You see exits leading north and south.
    H:520/520 M:430/430 B:0 <eb> <db> D:100 F:0 (17 - south)
    You start plodding carefully across the constructed trenches.
    Along Fish Street. (Village of Cetara.)
    Occasional drops of rain fall to the ground from a sky grey with pregnant clouds. A wheeled cannon rests here. The
    decaying remains of Skye lie here. There are 3 elite elegantly dressed Noctusaris here. There are 5 elite Diavlous
    Knights here. There are 2 elite flaxen-haired archers here. A statuesque swan sits gracefully here, grooming its dark
    blue plumage with its long, blunted beak. Trenches have been dug at this location, surrounded by dangerously gleaming
    barbed wires.
    You see exits leading north, east (open door), south, and west (open door).
    An elite elegantly dressed Noctusari hurls a tarot card with the image of the Hanged Man on it at you. As it reaches
    you, a huge mass of rope bursts out of it, entrapping you and hindering you.
    You are afflicted with entangled.
    An elite elegantly dressed Noctusari reaches out and clenches a fist before you. You scream and double over in agony as
    your skin bubbles with gangrenous growths.
    Damage Taken: 135 electricity (raw damage: 212)

Isn't being a formal ally supposed to stop that from happening?

Whats System? Im assuming a clan? Hehe.
  • It's Azefel's CMUD system clan.

• After reading the Classlead changes, something caught my eye.

[126] Weapon damage formulas reworked; weapons with a low damage stat now hit for substantially less, while high-damage weapons (above 200-220) will hit somewhat harder; additionally, weapon damage now scales more to maxhealth, bringing weapons to par with other attacks in the game

How has this effected weapon damage? Are Claymore knights and Wardens running around murdering people more than normal?

• Claymores are dishing out a bit more damage now, but glaives and javelins scale slightly differently (mostly due to the damage malus incurred by powersoul) and thus are performing roughly the same as ever.
  • How long does it normally take Metalworking designs to get three approvals?

• It depends on how many active Metalworking approvers there are, but it generally takes a while. Just be patient!
  • edited August 2014
    Hi there, 

I'm returning to Imperian after a long time. Many things have changed, and I have been doing some research to make an informed choice about what profession and statpack I want to play.

Last night, Ultrix was an amazing help, but I still have some more 'clueless' questions.

Mostly about the Druid profession:

Quarterstaff attacks are based on strength, so how much difference would a point of strength make at transcendent sort of levels?

There are a few skills which I presume are based off of intelligence (lightning), and one in particular mentions you can choose to base the damage off of strength (earthquake), but what about these spells? Are they flat damage or are they modified by any stats? Wisps/guardians, Implosion, rockfall and the tornado + the combination effects it has.

I like the idea of being a strength kind of character, and any further details as to how viable this would be for mid level / teamfight engagements would be a great help.

Thanks, and hello!
  • On my phone atm, so can't give this proper response. That said, as Druid your best bet at this point when all is said and done is athletic.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • edited August 2014
    Quarterstaff attacks are based on strength, so how much difference would a point of strength make at transcendent sort of levels?

The general rule of thumb is around a 5% increase per STR. On your basic combo this bonus would apply to your quarterstaff attack and your root attack if it is shred. Because quarterstaff does a lot of damage, the 5% is more noticeable than say...a STR modifier thanks to a sabre DSL.

Wisps/guardians, Implosion, rockfall and the tornado + the combination effects it has.

Your primary damage wisp (metallic) is psychic, not modified by stats. Implosion is asphyx., also not modified. Rockfall is mental/blunt and INT/magic artifacts will enhance. It's also why the "smartest" druid in the room should be setting rockfall tornadoes.

I like the idea of being a strength kind of character, and any further details as to how viable this would be for mid level / teamfight engagements would be a great help.

Your best (and easiest) entry into mid-level team fights is to go athletic with a damage root spec. Assuming you can track shield or aura, you could literally start dropping AMers like sandy sacks of potatoes with a single metallic wisp/empower rockfall/stab strych/root shred macro (ain't no lie). If/when the day comes where you have more experience and levels, the best bet is probably going to be fast with fast root, using either Ghettomatic v 2.3 spec (Kryss) or The1%er spec (Eldreth,) depending on your affinity for artifacts.

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Hi Eldreth,

Thanks for your reply, there is a lot of useful information there! 

• You are welcome. Druids are also righteous and priests are not. There is also this.