Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    @Eoghan - how many actual code monkeys do you have on the team? Sometimes I submit a bug and it gets filed straightaway (at weird American times ~4 am EST?) Sometimes, my bugs are still unclassified after 1 month :s
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Ahkan said:
    Things that are pure affliction classes:

Hunter.

Things that don't do reliable and steady dps:

Affliction classes.

Uhhhh, I'm talking hunting in general. I'm RG for hunting.
  • Iniar said:
    @Eoghan - how many actual code monkeys do you have on the team? Sometimes I submit a bug and it gets filed straightaway (at weird American times ~4 am EST?) Sometimes, my bugs are still unclassified after 1 month :s
    All entities can categorize bugs, not only coders.
  • Is there double xp right now? I don't see a line in DEF that I have any, or does that not start for a few more days?
  • There should be, but someone (*cough*Jeremy*cough*) may have broken something. I'll check it out.
  • And fixed.
  • I'm not seeing a defence line. Do I need to do something to activate it or is there no def line? 
  • Also, is exp from pk kills disabled for this event?
  • No defence line. No idea about PK exp, probably an oversight, will ask Jeremy when he shows up.

• Wysrias levels his gaze at you and a strange sensation passes over you.
    All your body starts tingling and even though you suffer no actual harm, your 
    nerves suddenly feel as if on fire.
    A sickening glow surrounds you briefly.
    Wysrias concentrates briefly and a terrifying visage of Belial appears briefly in 
    front of you, wreathed in flames.
    The demonic apparition points at you and inhales sharply. You start feeling weak, 
    while Wysrias appears to be suffused with new energy.
    <546/700h 400/400m 0e 0w 0x <e-pp> <bd> <-152>> 

Wysrias moves his hands rapidly in front of you.
    Air moves chaotically around you and you feel your patience vanish.
    A sickening glow surrounds you briefly.
    <404/700h 377/400m 0e 0w 0x <ebpp> <bd> <-102>> 

That was done before I had my sabre balance back. How does this work, and what methods can I take to prevent it?
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited April 2014
    #1: Is that 1 prompt or an excerpt?
    #2: Time stamps, please.
    #3: Are you defending with a balance malus?

Unless he used instant (which costs taint) that's a 1.9-3.2 combination. Unleash (the demon) is on a GCD and can be used off bal/eq and before/after combinations.
  • Nerveburn is 1.9 seconds, so you had have hit me right before I did, and I got another off before your balance was back (barely).

You were hit by Iroth in that time frame, too.

• Wysrias said:
    Nerveburn is 1.9 seconds, so you had have hit me right before I did, and I got another off before your balance was back (barely).

You were hit by Iroth in that time frame, too.

Ah, 1.9 seconds would make sense. Can that 150 damage attack be used every 1.9 seconds, or is it something that has restrictions? If so, what restrictions?

I'm just really clueless about all the new stuff right now.

Also: Yeah, it's an excerpt, I didn't want to post the big thing of spam. I don't have timestamps on AL Client, sorry! No defending or balance malus.
  • The opener is belial/nerveburn. Belial does damage based on your current health. More health, more damage. Nerveburn does something like ~60 to me. The next combo is straight up fire damage with quicken.

How do you play this game with show-damage and affliction-show? :(
  • Personally, I play with show damage and affliction show, but then use scripting to inline them on the line above the way whytes used to do.
  • edited April 2014
    Wysrias should have used Belial before nerveburn in this instance actually. Since Belial's damage and lifesteal is based on current hp and not just max hp, you would do more damage if you unleash Belial before your Noctu attack. Most unleashes should go before the Noctu/Tarot attack (Cadmus before creator/Golgotha before flash, soulburn, quicken to achieve their health threshold modifiers) with a few exceptions, for example pyradius after heave intensify to achieve higher taint gain.

Ahkan said:
    The next combo is straight up fire damage with quicken.
    Quicken is Magickal damage.
  • edited April 2014

Gurn said:
    Ah, 1.9 seconds would make sense. Can that 150 damage attack be used every 1.9 seconds, or is it something that has restrictions? If so, what restrictions?

Belial does ~15% of your current health, which is a lot of damage when you're sitting at 700 health, but it can only be unleashed once every 40 seconds.

Nerveburn itself probably hit you for ~50 damage or so.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Iluv said:
    Wysrias should have used Belial before nerveburn in this instance actually. Since Belial's damage and lifesteal is based on current hp and not just max hp, you would do more damage if you unleash Belial before your Noctu attack. Most unleashes should go before the Noctu/Tarot attack (Cadmus before creator/Golgotha before flash, soulburn, quicken to achieve their health threshold modifiers) with a few exceptions, for example pyradius after heave intensify to achieve higher taint gain.

Ahkan said:
    The next combo is straight up fire damage with quicken.
    Quicken is Magickal damage.
    That's correct, and was already fixed in my setup, so you should expect that opener to do SLIGHTLY more damage next time!

• How do we submit stuff for the Arts part of the Tournament?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    And what happened to the March Tournament's as well?
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited April 2014
    They will open up a syntax to submit crafted designs near the middle/end of the ToA. Otherwise for the Arts/Bardic you will submit via the website.

Log into the character you want to submit on, then Community -> Artisanal. You'll see links on the page.

I think @Iniar means the quarterlies? If so Jesse said in another thread they would likely be continuing after the ToA. They were put on hold due to it, and winners will be announced/new prompt when they get the games out of the way.

• How do I improve my hit chance? I miss probably 20% or more of the time, against both mobiles and players, but my weapon's to-hit is pushing 150. Is there a skill I need to help improve this, or is this a normal miss rate?
  • Which class and attack is this with? Missing should be pretty much non-existant in PvE and PvP both, assuming good enough weapons.
  • Defiler. Maybe my weapon isn't that good? I was wrong, the to-hit is 142.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    I'll buy you an arti flail if you continue training!
  • So, um, who should I contact for Iron Elite payments? I've sent messages to Jeremy and Jesse and I haven't gotten a response... I got charged for it, but I also got a message telling me my elite expired. :/
  • Either of them is fine, guess they just got busy with the tournament. I've fixed up the membership for you, sorry about the inconvenience!
  • You never sent me a message, Gurn. We've been having some problems with memberships on the old payment method which is causing them to stall for some unknown reason, so I've been having to push them through manually when players notify us about them.

I would have done so with yours, but I never knew about it.
  • Jesse said:
    You never sent me a message, Gurn. We've been having some problems with memberships on the old payment method which is causing them to stall for some unknown reason, so I've been having to push them through manually when players notify us about them.

I would have done so with yours, but I never knew about it.

You're absolutely right. Apparently I sent a message to Jeremy twice, looking at my logs. In my defence, I'm asian and both of your names start with "Je". :(