Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Anybody else been unable to send messages through IRE HELPER and the Imperian website lately? I keep getting an error stating:
    Unable to send the message: No such adventurer..
  • edited November 2014
    a question about the artifact collars

the damage increase is for both pvp and pve right?

was answered in game, thanks!
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I've done the email to support@imperian.com and have messaged Jeremy, but I have yet to receive a reply related to my free item token concerning the jar of eyes. Is there anyone else I can contact that would have power over this?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    It takes a while, but once it's being actioned on, it's pretty fast. Just be a little patient. <3
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Yeah, mine took a few days or a week.

I'm bad with time.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited November 2014
    [Passive] Demonic, Diabolist, Syphon (Malignosis),
    [Passive] Demonic, Defiler, Antibodies (Shadowbinding),
    [Passive] Demonic, Defiler, Transmission (Shadowbinding),
    [Passive] Demonic, Defiler, Bileshroud (Torment),

[Passive] Magick, Bard, Therapeutics

[Passive] Antimagick, Templar, Healing Rite (Devotion)
    [Passive] Antimagick, Priest, Healing Rite (Devotion)
    [Passive] Antimagick, Wardancer, * Spurn (Wardance), physical affs
    [Passive] Antimagick, Wardancer, Relax (Wardance), paralysis

[Active] Demonic, Defiler, Heartblood (Desecration),
    [Active] Demonic, Deathknight, Soulstorm (Necromancy),
    [Active] Demonic, Diabolist, Soulstorm (Necromancy),
    [Active] Demonic, Summoner, Cadmus (Enslavery),
    [Active] Demonic, Wytch, Cure (Shamanism),
    [Active] Demonic, Deathknight, Fitness (Brutality),
    [Active] Demonic, Assassin, Shrugging (Sabotage),

[Active] Magick, Bard, Arinyu (Voice), random, ally, cast time, cooldown yes
    [Active] Magick, Mage, Purify (Pyroglacia), random, cast time, cooldown,
    [Active] Magick, Hunter, Transfer (Shapeshifting),
    [Active] Magick, Druid, Wisp glowing (Naturebinding),
    [Active] Magick, Druid, Might (Pioneering),
    [Active] Magick, Hunter, Might (Pioneering),
    [Active] Magick, Runeguard, Fitness (Chivalry),
    [Active] Magick, Renegade, Shrugging (Sabotage),

[Active] Antimagick, Templar, Bliss (Devotion), 
    [Active] Antimagick, Templar, Fitness (Chivalry), 
    [Active] Antimagick, Priest, Bliss (Devotion),
    [Active] Antimagick, Priest, Bliss:Fitness (Devotion),
    [Active] Antimagick, Priest, Care (Fayth),
    [Active] Antimagick, Priest, Push (Kanai),
    [Active] Antimagick, Ranger, Fitness (Trailblazing),
    [Active] Antimagick, Monk, Fitness (Kaido),
    [Active] Antimagick, Outrider, Fitness (Trailblazing),
    [Active] Antimagick, Predator, Shrugging (Predation),
    Am I missing anything else?
  • Bard Restoration(Thespia song and songbird)?
    It's affliction healing, I do believe.
  • edited November 2014
    Then would Battlemarch be considered?

it doesn't heal, just prevents most fear based affects
  • edited November 2014
    Druids have Fitness also.

Edit: Would it not also be valuable to your comparison to add in general healing abilities as well? I would think the fact that everyone has access to them makes them more valuable, not less.

Focus/purge/tree/shard/etc.
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited November 2014
    Mercer said:
    Then would Battlemarch be considered?

it doesn't heal, just prevents most fear based affects
    Probably, but prevention is not the same as curing.

Oystir said:
    Druids have Fitness also.

Edit: Would it not also be valuable to your comparison to add in general healing abilities as well? I would think the fact that everyone has access to them makes them more valuable, not less.

Focus/purge/tree/shard/etc.
    Thanks, did not know that Druids have Fitness.

Yes, they are more valuable. Just assumed that everyone would know what they look like.

I forgot to add in that all knights have [Rage].
  • Magick
    1 passive
    8 active

Demonic
    4 passive
    7 active

Anti-Magick
    4 passive (also healing rite is shared among allies)
    10 active

I wonder...

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited November 2014
    I just gather data, what do I know. :D
  • Relax is an active cure.

The druid glowing wisp copies the affliction on to the enemy, it does not transfer it.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    So glowing wisp is not a cure. Coooool. Anyone have the message for it?
  • edited November 2014
    With no afflictions, spectator:
    Argentum quickly summons a glowing wisp and with a commanding gesture, sends it flying towards himself.
    A glowing wisp lands on Argentum's exposed skin and stings him, but nothing happens.

With an affliction, spectator:
    Argentum quickly summons a glowing wisp and with a commanding gesture, sends it flying towards 
    himself.
    A glowing wisp lands on Argentum's exposed skin and stings him.

With an affliction, victim-perspective
    Argentum quickly summons a glowing wisp and with a commanding gesture, sends it flying towards you.
    A glowing wisp lands on your exposed skin and stings you.

Presumably the afflictionless victim-perspective would just add (, but nothing happens.)

First person with an aff:
    You quickly summon a glowing wisp and with a commanding gesture, send it flying towards Argentum.
    A glowing wisp lands on Argentum's exposed skin and stings him.

First person aff-less:
    You quickly summon a glowing wisp and with a commanding gesture, send it flying towards Argentum.
    A glowing wisp lands on Argentum's exposed skin and stings him, but nothing happens.
  • Why do some classes (Templar, Priest, Wardancer, Bard) need to have both an active cure as well as permanent access to a passive one?

Kryss said:

Why do some classes (Templar, Priest, Wardancer, Bard) need to have both an active cure as well as permanent access to a passive one?

They don't. It's just a roll over from before garryn bot when simply using illusions and simple affliction systems messed up people's healing. Now that everyone has access to great healing, we could possibly do without classes having access to both, except for fitness and such. Specific things like that are better cause at least you can track those.
  • Cadmus and Shrugging are examples of good extra curing methods. They need to be used skillfully for one to gain the maximum benefit from them, unlike fire and forget passives or other general spam-till-you-drop cure methods.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited November 2014
    The big problem here has been mismanagement, lack of understanding, and bad classleads. Back in the day, you could justify overlapping heals because both cleric and templar were slow build momentum classes. That is not so anymore. Conversely, the demonic affliction professions were so incredibly strong that you couldn't justify them having passive heals or active heals of any sort. The game has really pulled a 180 and the powers that be refuse to recognize it and those who  the changes would effect vehemently deny it. The metagame has changed and many classes were left behind. This has been addressed in class revamps, but demonic is lagging behind on updated classes. We've got to be honest with ourselves at this point, the first try wytchen was underwhelming and left more holes than it patched. It was a group fail.

That being said, most of the complainers are  bringing 270h to a team fight with a 12 move finisher and getting bursted down in 5 rounds. So...

What also needs to be addressed (and is likely the more important issue)  is  the interaction of passive heals and prismatic  barriers. Thus far  everyone has failed to mention because tunnel vision (12 round finisher,pls). You can pop a barrier for 40s and come out healed and 100% health because of regen and passives. Release a way to break prismatic or have prismatic  block passives.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited November 2014
    So, I've got a weird problem I don't know what to do with. I'm going to fabricate a story to present my problem.

Hi, I'm Ahkan and I'm a Khandavan summoner. I'm allies with this dude named Ozreas. He's a dragon riding ice monkey who lives in Ithaqua. We like to pretend we're allies. I hug trees and preach understanding and Ozreas wears black eyeliner and speaks latin so the he's a stavennite ephor. We'll be doing evil things like putting Aleutia's library in chronological order and -not- alphabetical when we get a caravan announcement. Fat woodling squeaks out in perfect morse code, "Caravan horde: 894."  We hop into the babou mobile and we rush off to 894. Half way there, Ozreas disappears in the woods (he says it's dryads). When I arrive at the caravan there's this dude named Bozreas who is like CARAVAN HORDE 894 and is pinging his location and telling all his magicker buddies to kill me. I'm a trusting soul, but I can't get past the fact that Bozreas may in fact be the same player as Ozreas who is using the information gained on Ozreas to incite drama and shenanigans on Bozreas at my expense. After we fight the horde and loot the booty (giggity), Ozreas remerges from the wilderness and asks, "Cur non in comitatu venerunt latrones ?" (How did google do? I'm curious) I'm like, r u avn a giggle m8?  This dude is likely sneaking off to masquerade as Bozreas the all knowing and then comes back after full Brutus and wants to act like I did something wrong. 

How do you handle this from an ooc perspective when you 100% know this is happening?
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Wow record time for me to see a gif on reddit that makes me think of imperian then later seeing it show up on Imperian forums. Maybe not same hour but mighty close.

• Ahkan said:
    So, I've got a weird problem I don't know what to do with. I'm going to fabricate a story to present my problem.
    I wish the forums had an option to let me vote "WTF" on a post. :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Taking information (particularly conflict-related information) from one character to another is second abuse.

As a concrete example: If you see a caravan announcement, then switch characters to another character in another city and go to that caravan, you are breaking the rules.

(This also posted as an announce post)
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Ahkan said:

(How did google do? I'm curious)

Something something country raiding?
    Today we shall die.
  • Ahkan's posts are like someone transcribed the CoD voice chat of memebase.com's lovechild by way of a drunken fratboy.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited November 2014
    And yet, people had fun along the way and my question was answered with a reasonable solution. Fancy that. It's all about momentum or something.
  • Your question would have been answered just as effectively had you posed it like this:

People are logging out of one character and into another when they see caravan announcements? Is this ok?

The way your post was written had nothing to do with the answer you received.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • I enjoyed my way better. The forums are as much of a game as the game itself.
  • Ahkan said:
    I enjoyed my way better. The forums are as much of a game as the game itself.
    Herein, lies a major pitfall for Imperian.