Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• The forums are a pretty solid outlet for the game. There's a lot of discussion that goes on here that actually makes the game a better environment. 

-People pick up flavor of the month, cookie cutter builds from these forums. This makes their experience vastly more enjoyable.

-Discussions on balance occur here. The admin blatantly ignore this, but it does occur here.

-The only reasonable exchange of information between the admin and the players.

-The forums are usually the fastest way to get a response to a problem (historically speaking)

-I get to read rp logs from organizations I would never be able to see otherwise.

-Absolutely delicious cookbook recipes

Sure, there's a lot of bs here. Not everyone posts winners. It's sort of how it works. I used my complaint to call out someone for abusing seconds. They knew I posted about them. They've stopped doing it.  I got an answer to my question. A few people laughed. A few people pretentiously got butt hurt. Some windows in some glass houses got shattered. I'm calling it 10/10. Would definitely post again. All objectives completed. You just have to revel in the hypocrisy of all the mouth breathers and have a good time.
  • Can I get some insight into the justification for petrification being removed from desecration? I can't find a newspost for it.
    Today we shall die.
  • It was removed alongside several other changes to Defiler:

Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Thanks for the post, but it doesn't quite answer the question of "why?"  As in, for what reason did we lose it?  All the announce says is that it was removed.
    Today we shall die.
  • The class had too many effects that increased max health. Petrification was the easiest to remove (and the one that was the most annoying for players to have to keep up with).
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited November 2014
    What is Redemption. :(
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited November 2014
    Petrification was removed during a classlead round. You can submit a classlead relating to Redemption in the next round.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Is there a HELP file for the syntaxes to combine artifact powers?
  • Iniar said:
    Is there a HELP file for the syntaxes to combine artifact powers?
    Just do ARTIFACT POWER and it will give you the list of commands associated with that system.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    associates_2         ebony associates               150 Credits     100 Credits

• edited November 2014
    Iniar said:
    associates_2         ebony associates               150 Credits     100 Credits

[-#-]artifact power associates_2 show
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Power id:         associates_2
      Name:             ebony associates
      Full Cost:        150 Credits
      Upgrades From:    associates_1
      Description:

This power comes on:
      Artifact #: 245
      Desc:       an ebony figurine
      Cost:       150

Description:
      Increases the amount of people allowed on your enemy, ally, and marked lists, from 20 to 40.
  • Eoghan said:
    The class had too many effects that increased max health. Petrification was the easiest to remove (and the one that was the most annoying for players to have to keep up with).
    That sounds good in theory, but by "too many" you mean "two."  The remaining of which also recieved a nerf in classleads and is now something I only ever use as a novelty when some lovable scamp decides to claymore me in the face.

Unless there's some other hidden +maxhealth skill hiding somewhere.
    Today we shall die.
  • edited November 2014
    Addendum to above.

Healthdrain no longer even gives maxhealth to the defiler.  It heals them for damage dealt.  I realize this change came after the petrification deletion, but it still seems slightly disingenuous.

Are you now on the record, @Eoghan, as saying a single maxhealth increase that lasts an hour is "too many max health increases" for a class to have?

Edit:  I was just reminded that Bloodsworn exists.  If a single +10% increase to health for an hour is over the top, when shall we expect the fix on something as clearly gamebreaking as essentially +4 free con level health gain?
    Today we shall die.
  • Eoghan doesn't handle balance, Garryn does.

Apples to oranges. Bloodsworn has drawbacks, where your two examples do not. Templar is also a good, well balanced class. Defiler was never.
  • Linslet said:
    Addendum to above.

Healthdrain no longer even gives maxhealth to the defiler.  It heals them for damage dealt.  I realize this change came after the petrification deletion, but it still seems slightly disingenuous.
    Healthdrain was an unresistable and unhealable 25% maxhealth nuke that added health to the defiler and it was unquestionably overpowered.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• *throws net and pulls it back in* Nope, no outrage here. Better try another throw. *repeat*
  • Khizan said:
    Healthdrain was an unresistable and unhealable 25% maxhealth nuke that added health to the defiler and it was unquestionably overpowered.
    It was 15% unless they buffed it from the initial nerf a few years ago.  I also do not question that it was over the top and not needed after all the toys germinate and empower brings to the table.  You're missing my point.
    Today we shall die.
  • This thread has once again been derailed. Take it somewhere else before a useful thread gets closed.
  • Unless I'm mistaken, all the Iron Realms websites(excluding the forums) are down right now. Some kind of intentional maintenance, or unintentional outage?
  • then its not just me
  • There are some intermittent issues with the websites right now. The games aren't impacted.
  • Websites appear to be back up if anyone was waiting to register a new character in another IRE game as I was. =P
  • IniarIniar Australia
    An activated starburst persists through log out?
  • Iniar said:

An activated starburst persists through log out?

It does.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I guess my next question is: whatever for? :(
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited November 2014
    nvm
  • Are the archer type guards supposed to have 10 health? Even upgraded to Elite?
  • Garryn said:
    No.
    Mathiaus attacked one of our elite archers by mistake, killing him in one blow. His damage report said that it did 10 damage.