Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• From HELP WEAPONRY

The higher your weaponry skill, the faster you will hit, the more damage you will do (up to a certain point), and the more easily you will hit someone.

Is there anywhere with the actual numbers on how much weaponry training improves these?  Or does it not at all and this is just legacy text?
    Today we shall die.
  • Linslet said:
    From HELP WEAPONRY

The higher your weaponry skill, the faster you will hit, the more damage you will do (up to a certain point), and the more easily you will hit someone.

Is there anywhere with the actual numbers on how much weaponry training improves these?  Or does it not at all and this is just legacy text?
    I believe it only improves it if your weaponry skill is higher than your main attack skillset.  And then only maybe for knights,don't remember.
  • I was under the impression that it at least used to be a combined total of your Chivalry or other appropriate group plus Weaponry, up to Transcendant, with a small bonus after that too.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Last time I discussed with @Garryn‌, I don't think it ever scaled above trans.
  • Cassius said:
    Last time I discussed with @Garryn‌, I don't think it ever scaled above trans.
    DSL speed used to scale up beyond Transcendent with a truefavor. You could get a sub 2.0s DSL with a L3 sabre and a TF.
  • So does it still scale up things at all?  If so, is it for everyone or just knights?  I've been dumping elite lessons into weaponry and I haven't really noticed a change in flail speed or damage.
    Today we shall die.
  • You shouldn't notice one. They're talking about "slash target" for the most part, not guild skills.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• If that's the case, knights still get the bonus because dsl is just 2x "slash target". Why should knights get more out of a skillset avaliable to everyone than other weapon using classes?

@Garryn, please clarify? :(
    Today we shall die.
  • Linslet said:

If that's the case, knights still get the bonus because dsl is just 2x "slash target". Why should knights get more out of a skillset avaliable to everyone than other weapon using classes?

@Garryn, please clarify? :(

They only see any difference when non teams chivalry I believe as stated earlier. And even then, it really isn't much to speak of.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Nooby question:

if I don't have lifevision. What do I use? Hypersight? :(:(
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure

• Date: 7/16/2007 at 8:03
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Bladedance Classlead
     - Bladedance will now be calculated along with your Weaponry skill when
       determining accuracy with and damage caused by your blades. Your
       effective skill level will be the higher of Bladedance and Weaponry added
       to 10% of the lower. This is the same calculation that applies to
       Chivalry, Brutality, and Warding.
    Pretty sure this has been standardized for most of the weapon-using skills over the years.
  • Just the legacy ones, iirc. Wardancers/Warden/Knight.

The reason for this bonus is that way way back in the day your Chivalry/Warding/Bladedance attacks were based entirely off of your weaponry skill and your guildskill didn't matter at all. So your knights would not learn Chivalry to trans, they'd learn Chivalry up to Duality and then they'd trans out Weaponry. This was awful. If a novice Knight wanted to change guilds, most of their lessons were in Weaponry and they'd get a 50% return rate instead of a 100% one.  

Those skills were changed to scale off of the guildskill in question instead of Weaponry, to prevent that kind of thing. The problem with this is that there were a bunch of players who had trans Chivalry for the abilities and trans Weaponry for the accuracy, and this change threatened to make most of their investment in weaponry useless. So Weaponry was made to provide a bonus for those skills.

Defiler doesn't get this bonus because it was always based off of your Torment skill; there was no legacy crud to account for.

And, just to prevent unfairness cries, knights/wardens/wardancers are balanced off of a trans/trans expectation; defiler is not getting the short end of the stick here.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    The only reason I transed weaponry was when defiler @Azefel got irritated that I didn't behead the dude he was entangling. :(
  • I know that it's the real reason for it, but it still doesn't set well with me.  We stopped balancing around stupid stuff like that a long time ago.  That boost needs to be either dealt away with entirely or expanded to all weapon usage.  We're no longer in a time where people take chiv/brut up to dsl and have trans weaponry, and we've balanced around tritrans being the baseline and everything else being gravy.  Having an extra 10% of a class skill's damage/speed is a pretty good amount of gravy, especially for glaives and claymores.

I'm a little annoyed that the wording in help weaponry was so ambiguous, I threw a lot more lessons than I would have wanted to into weaponry to try and squeeze out more deeps.
    Today we shall die.
  • edited January 2015
    The "weaponry skill" for the following skills are all calculated the same way:

CHIVALRY, BRUTALITY, WARDING, BLADEDANCE, KNIFEPLAY, TORMENT

The calculation is exactly as Ozreas's quoted post described. 1/10th the skill points of the lower skill are added to the higher skill.

If it's easier to see this way, here's some rough pseudocode:

skill = SKILLPOINTS(GUILDSKILL)
    weaponry = SKILLPOINTS(WEAPONRY)
    if skill > weaponry then return (skill + (weaponry/10))
    else return (weaponry + (skill/10))
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Eoghan said:
    If it's easier to see this way, here's some rough pseudocode:

skill = SKILLPOINTS(GUILDSKILL)
    weaponry = SKILLPOINTS(WEAPONRY)
    if skill > weaponry then return (skill + (weaponry/10))
    else return (weaponry + (skill/10))
    Eoghan is the best.
  • Ozreas said:

Date: 7/16/2007
    Really? No one else knew how this worked? :(:(:(
  • Message #475   Sent By: Garryn          Received On: 9/17/2014/10:57
    "That's a bit complicated, but basically, Weaponry only affects damage if you do not have any profession skill that does. So for example, 
    for knights Chivalry affects damage, but Weaponry does not (unless their Chivalry rank is lower than their Weaponry rank). For professions 
    such as Hunters, who do not have a profession weapon, Weaponry has a rather substantial effect on weapon damage - the damage difference 
    between inept and trans will be more than doubled."

@Linslet: Clearly the answer is to stop using the flail and you can get the double damage Weaponry buff.
  • edited January 2015
    That message from Garryn is definitely a better description of the situation than mine, which only answered part of the question in a vacuum.

I had planned to give a more detailed answer when I got home from work. Now I don't have to!
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Then HELP WEAPONRY definitely needs edited to show that only certain profs benefit from it.  The way it's worded now makes it sound like any weapon can get something out of it.
    Today we shall die.
  • edited January 2015
    Linslet said:
    The way it's worded now makes it sound like any weapon can get something out of it.
    It can. Summoners, for example, have never had a method by which to deliver asthma. In the days of aeon, they would use the mercury toxin on either a shortsword (high base to-hit allows for a good chance of hitting with zero ranks in Weaponry) or a sabre (high training in Weaponry allows for high hit rate and attack speed). The damage, accuracy, and speed of the "slash" command using either weapon directly scales with Weaponry skill rank. 

Other Examples:

Ravage, Adept Torment
    You swing a wicked looking flail powerfully at a foul priest, ravaging his flesh.
    Balance Taken: 3.54s

Ravage, Novice Torment
    You swing a wicked looking flail powerfully at a large black spider, ravaging his flesh.
    Balance Taken: 3.58s
    Ravage, Novice Torment and Adept Weaponry
    You swing a wicked looking flail powerfully at a large black spider, ravaging his flesh.
    Balance Taken: 3.53s
    Crush, Inept Weaponry
    You smash yourself with a vicious flail.
    Damage Taken: 15 blunt, physical (raw damage: 15)
    Balance Taken: 4.17s
    Crush, Transcendent Weaponry
    You smash yourself with a vicious flail.
    Damage Taken: 15 blunt, physical (raw damage: 33)
    Balance Taken: 3.48s
    DSL, Transcendent Chivalry and Gifted Weaponry
    With a lightning-quick motion, you slash yourself with a curved sabre.
    Damage Taken: 26 cutting, physical (raw damage: 43)
    Damage Taken: 26 cutting, physical (raw damage: 43)
    Balance Taken: 2.43s
    DSL, Transcendent Chivalry and Transcendent Weaponry
    You slash viciously into yourself with a curved sabre.
    Damage Taken: 27 cutting, physical (raw damage: 53)
    Damage Taken: 27 cutting, physical (raw damage: 53)
    Balance Taken: 2.38s
    Same sabre used for both instances of doubleslash: Damage: 76  To-hit: 160  Speed: 225
    All attacks are from characters using the Athletic statpack.

Anyone picking up a weapon and swinging it benefits from the weaponry skill. Professions with a class weapon receive a minor advantage for learning both. It is unlikely that you'll ever notice the difference if you've just been learning 5 weaponry every day.
  • The market will display the level of the bag.

Does this mean we have the ability to sell both individual crystal apples and a bag in which apples have already been added?

And is there/can you add some command to see the current level of the bag we possess? Probing it doesn't seem to do this.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Eldreth said:

The market will display the level of the bag.

Does this mean we have the ability to sell both individual crystal apples and a bag in which apples have already been added?

And is there/can you add some command to see the current level of the bag we possess? Probing it doesn't seem to do this.

From my email exchange with Jeremy this morning:

Once you unlock an apple it is tied to the bag. You can only sell crystal apples before you add them to the bag.

Also, the bag level is in the order of the listed apples:

Every time you add an apple it unlocks them in the order listed in that help file.
  • How many charges does each apple have? Is this just an infinity bag of tricks?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    How many charges does each apple have? Is this just an infinity bag of tricks?
    Each type of apple can only be used once every 24 hours. (also) from my email conversation from Jeremy this morning: Basically, if you get a bag completely unlocked, you get 1 of each apple every 24 hours.
  • Is there any way to improve skills of a pet besides the 10% bonus from max taming? Does the 10% bonus go up to the max trainable amount, or does it go up to 100% (for example, if listen is at 70% max trained, would I get 80%?)

Is there any way to add skills to a pet?

• Radiant shafts of light burst into your vision, their beauty capturing your mind for an instant 
    before your entire body begins to burn with agonizing pain. You shriek as flames consume you from 
    within, your entire body reduced to ashes by the radiance of Khizan
    Your faith decreases as you fall to the might of Khizan.
    You have been slain by Khizan.
    You have been slain by an assassin.

What?
  • Dicene said:

Radiant shafts of light burst into your vision, their beauty capturing your mind for an instant 
    before your entire body begins to burn with agonizing pain. You shriek as flames consume you from 
    within, your entire body reduced to ashes by the radiance of Khizan
    Your faith decreases as you fall to the might of Khizan.
    You have been slain by Khizan.
    You have been slain by an assassin.

What?
    He had a contract through the thin men. I haven't seen one of those in forever.
  • Yep, there was an assassination contract out on you from the thin men. 

The way that works is that somebody who has a reason to kill you buys the contract and includes the reason for the kill in case the admin want to review it. This removes their reason to kill you; they are outsourcing their PK. On my end, I take the contract and I kill you for the money. There is no way for you to find out who put the hit out on you or why it was put out on you; you get to take revenge on the assassin in their place. 

This system is often used by people to put out hits on people who are in their own circle but who they want to kill anyways, since it preserves their anonymity and people like Septus/me/Mathiaus/etc check the thin men often enough to ensure that their business will be taken care of.

You read what is written on an elegant white letter:
    Your gold for completing the hit against Baasche is enclosed.
    An elegant white letter is holding:
    10000 gold sovereigns.
    It is holding 1 item.

• IniarIniar Australia
    How do they calculate the price? I've always been curious, and I know city/guild 'positions' really bump up the price.