Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Based on city/guild rank. I don't know the details, because it maxes out at 10k and that's basically pocket change.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited January 2015
    Ah. I know about the system, having collected a number of the bounties in the past. Just didn't recognize the message cause I've never been on the receiving end. I've been stuck on a bounty for Ultrix for about a week now because it's very hard(read: impossible without shackles) to get two kills in under two minutes on an artied Priest with flip boots because redemption(while having no impact on actual combat balance) is a stupid skill. Since it's on topic, I'm still clueless as to why anyone thinks an ability to disregard pk consequences every two minutes makes even the slightest bit of sense in a pk-focused game like Imperian. It's a terrible mechanic and it should have been removed ages ago.
  • Let's avoid retreading the same arguments and derailing this thread, please.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Kabaal said:
    Is there any way to improve skills of a pet besides the 10% bonus from max taming?
    There is a shard research ability that grants the same bonus, but they don't stack.
    Kabaal said:
    Does the 10% bonus go up to the max trainable amount, or does it go up to 100% (for example, if listen is at 70% max trained, would I get 80%?)
    I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here. When you give a pet an order, two separate checks are made. First, the obey skill of the pet is checked. Then, a check is made against the skill you are trying to use. Both of those checks get a 10% bonus from Trans or the appropriate Shard Research (but not both). If the pet's obey skill is 80%, this increases the chance to 90% success for obey. If the pet's listen skill is 70%, this also increases the success chance for that check by 10%, to 80%.
    Kabaal said:
    Is there any way to add skills to a pet?
    No, but you can create a pet with the skills that you'd like by buying an Artifact Pet Token. Pets created this way can have most combinations of skills, but they cannot learn to fly, and cannot have both mount and track/seek.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited January 2015
    Iniar said:
    How do they calculate the price? I've always been curious, and I know city/guild 'positions' really bump up the price.
    There are several factors that go into the price of a target. City and Guild leaders are always priced at the max (currently 10k).

I won't give the exact formula, but some other factors that go into the price include City or guild positions, skill investment, artifact investment, overall level, and combat rating.
  • edited January 2015
    Eldreth said:
    The market will display the level of the bag.

Does this mean we have the ability to sell both individual crystal apples and a bag in which apples have already been added?

And is there/can you add some command to see the current level of the bag we possess? Probing it doesn't seem to do this.
    Yes, both the bags and the apples can be sold/traded using the promo command.

Probing the bag will now show its level.

EDIT: Whoa, talk about double posts. Catching up from being away, sorry for the spam. I'm a bad moderator.
  • edited January 2015
    Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    You have lost the anti-weapon field defence.
    You rub some cyanide on a curved sabre.
    You use CHIVALRY DSL on yourself.
    Damage Taken: 29 cutting, physical (raw damage: 62) (cyanide)
    You are afflicted with an unknown affliction.
    (Lithos): Gagged aff an unknown affliction
    [No more known afflictions on you.]
    You use CHIVALRY DSL on yourself.
    Damage Taken: 29 cutting, physical (raw damage: 62)
    Balance Taken: 2.59s
    <466H88 353M92 4b <e- db> 82.57 0> [Undead AU] [bdfas] [1 T:cyanide]

When did Cyanide become masked when given with a toxin? I don't think I remember it being that way the last time I saw it used?
  • edited January 2015
    As far as I know, cyanide has never given a message when first delivered; it's only detected once you get the first symptomatic message. It's that way in Achaea and Aetolia if I recall correctly, so I assume it's always been that way.

• Can a Free Item Token item be given artifact powers?
  • edited January 2015
    Cadeyrn said:
    Can a Free Item Token item be given artifact powers?
    Yes. Free item token items count as personal artifacts, and can be given powers.
  • Eoghan said:
    Cadeyrn said:
    Can a Free Item Token item be given artifact powers?
    Yes. Free item token items count as personal artifacts, and can be given powers.
    Thank you very much.
  • In AB MIRAGER: The mirager is capable of enveloping its location in a blanket of Diachaim energy that conceals the location, making it 
    impossible to glance into the room from a distance. This will affect all relevant abilities..

Does anyone have a handy list of the "relevant abilities"? I don't want to go bug crazy
  • edited January 2015
    It's EXTREMELY limited. Pretty sure it only works on skills that let you see the full contents of the room, as if you used LOOK. So that would be what? SHAPESHIFTING SPY and the Seer's Eye artifact. Maybe also a Telepathy skill. I didn't test SHARD OBSERVE or <pet> GLANCE, so you might try those.
  • Dicene said:
    It's EXTREMELY limited. Pretty sure it only works on skills that let you see the full contents of the room, as if you used LOOK. So that would be what? SHAPESHIFTING SPY and the Seer's Eye artifact. Maybe also a Telepathy skill. I didn't test SHARD OBSERVE or <pet> GLANCE, so you might try those.
    What a letdown :(

Not worth the shard or the mats. I'd take 1 shard for 30 seconds of a room veil over 1 shard for an an hour of what it is currently. Or the option to put in a red shard for a stronger effect, same difference.
  • Perception Glance / Squint are the main ones, along with profession skills.
  • What conditions count as "hindered"? Just paralysis, prone (including stuff that prones you like sleep), frozen, all the writhes? Doublechecking in case of senility.

What do all the gmcp.Char.Items attributes stand for? The doc at http://www.ironrealms.com/gmcp-doc doesn't have d or t, so figured I'd see if anyone had a full list.

Can you customize familiars?
  • I think "d" is a marker for corpses(makes it slightly easier to handle the conversion from a mob to a corpse in gmcp tracking).

Pretty sure "t" is a marker for items that can be picked up. I like to make a special note of items that are both "m" and "t", as running around wielding your council's tutor is a fun break from normally tense Imperian life.
  • edited January 2015
    Kabaal said:

What conditions count as "hindered"? Just paralysis, prone (including stuff that prones you like sleep), frozen, all the writhes? Doublechecking in case of senility.

For my function, I use this...

function isHindered()
      return (brokenarms() or writhing() or ds_affs.paralysis or ds_affs.prone or false)
    end

(other two functions there, I'd assume would be pretty obvious- writhing checks if you have one of the WRITHE affs on you, or if you're currently writhing from one)

Granted, that's for my bashing. So frozen might need to be included too.
  • Kabaal said:

What conditions count as "hindered"? Just paralysis, prone (including stuff that prones you like sleep), frozen, all the writhes? Doublechecking in case of senility.

What do all the gmcp.Char.Items attributes stand for? The doc at http://www.ironrealms.com/gmcp-doc doesn't have d or t, so figured I'd see if anyone had a full list.

Can you customize familiars?
    I think it's somewhat dependent on the skill. For something crappy like bind, it's only asleep. For something like impale, the list is much larger.
  • Heh. This is the list I use while bashing...

local hindertypes = {"prone", "entangled", "entangled by net", "bound", "webbed", "impaled", "paralysis", "metrazol", "peace", "transfixed", "broken right arm", "broken left arm", "crippled right arm", "crippled left arm", "mangled right arm", "mangled left arm", "damaged right arm", "damaged left arm", "frozen", "pinned by lance", "pinned by dart", "stunned", "pinned by arrow", "impaled by bolt", "impaled by soulspear", "unconsciousness", "impaled by daegger", "numbness", "stun", "stupidity", "concussion", "damaged head"}
  • edited January 2015
    Dicene said:

local hindertypes = {"prone", "entangled", "entangled by net", "bound", "webbed", "impaled", "paralysis", "metrazol", "peace", "transfixed", "broken right arm", "broken left arm", "crippled right arm", "crippled left arm", "mangled right arm", "mangled left arm", "damaged right arm", "damaged left arm", "frozen", "pinned by lance", "pinned by dart", "stunned", "pinned by arrow", "impaled by bolt", "impaled by soulspear", "unconsciousness", "impaled by daegger", "numbness", "stun", "stupidity", "concussion", "damaged head"}

For sake of my aff tracker (bashing wise, since my basher has a setting that changes which affs I track); unconscious falls under prone for me. Numbness/Metrazol/Paralysis all just get tracked as 'paralysis'. I forgot stun (mudlet kept crashing when i tried to copy the exact function)... And for my functions 'writhing()' tracks all the bolded, 'brokenarms()' tracks all the italicized ones. Peace gets insta raged off, and I don't consider concussion/damage head a hinder really. It's going to be unnoticeable when you're spamming. :D

Frozen is now added, since I forgot it :P

• Well, the reason for all of those is I was compiling a list of anything that could prevent a bashing attack from going through. When I cure any of the above list and I'm currently bashing, I queue an attack again.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited January 2015
    Anyone done a large data series on the roulette?

Dicene said:

Color Patterns: Reds: 66 Blacks: 62 Greens: 12

Dicene said:

Color Patterns: G, R, B, G, G, R, R, B, R, B, R, 

Dicene said:

Numbers Pattern: 00, 6, 1, 0, 0, 24, 24, 17, 26, 25, 

However, when I bet exclusively on green, the number series goes much closer to the expected values for green. :S

Color Patterns: Reds: 74 Blacks: 64 Greens: 12
     Color Patterns: B, R, R, R, R, R, R, R, R, B, G, 
     Numbers Pattern: 33, 18, 18, 32, 18, 6, 6, 6, 16, 7, 

:D
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • How do you check your shrine commodities?
  • Kabaal said:

How do you check your shrine commodities?

The VIEWSHRINE ability in perception will tell you the commodities fortifying a shrine, as well as the points you get for those commodities.
  • Can you do team versions of the arena events aside from FFA?
  • edited February 2015
    Kabaal said:

Can you do team versions of the arena events aside from FFA?

KOTH is team-based, if that is what you are asking? There is also a Team FFA arena event option.
  • Ultrix said:

Kabaal said:

Can you do team versions of the arena events aside from FFA?

KOTH is team-based, if that is what you are asking? There is also a Team FFA arena event option.
    Basically was what I was asking.

I was just hoping I could do Team Bloodbaths or Manhunts.
  • So now that everyone has to hunt a bunch because of shrines, and apparently autobashing is more or less legal so long as you're by your keyboard...

How much gold is being poured into the Imperian economy? Not that we've ever had a stable one, but I'm just looking at credit prices and how much gold everyone's accumulating and figuring, well, it's pretty much impossible nowadays for a newbie to free to play their way to tri- trans.

Aspects gets you one trans skill, and then you'd have to make... 6,000,000 gold(calculating at 20k per credit) to get a second skill, and another 6M to get tri-trans. And then there's toxins and perception and mini-skills...

I know I didn't pay a single dollar into the game until I was well past tri-trans and really enjoying myself. I don't really have a specific point here, but it's something I've been wondering about.

Well, here's a good question: How long did it take you from starting the game to spending your first dollar in the game?
  • Hmm... I think the first time I spent money in this game was a few months after they released that 1k credit package or about a month after mercenaries came out.. were those around the same time? I just remember that because I bought it to finish up concoctions for my omni while still having some left over for mercenaries.