Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• While it is true that there are lots of people willing to do design work and who really, really enjoy it (shamelessly plugging myself here), I also don't want you to feel completely discouraged from pursuing a tradeskill later on in your Imperian career.

My advice is to trans all the important stuff first like guild skills and mini skills for PVP/PVE, and then if you're still interested you can invest whatever extra credits and lessons you have into a tradeskill. Tradeskills and shops are big economic commitments with little to no profit to be made. The real reward is in the creative process and the pride you feel when you see someone walking around with something you created. That being said, if you want a custom whatever right now, feel free to ask me IG and I'll be more than happy to design it for you!
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    when the hell was DIAG ME UNIFIED added, and why isn't its functionality the default behaviour of DIAG?
  • Back when we got universal affliction messages, I want to say.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Azefel said:
    when the hell was DIAG ME UNIFIED added, and why isn't its functionality the default behaviour of DIAG?
    http://www.imperian.com/game/news/Imperian/Announce/2325

Date: 4/10/2013 at 18:49
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Is there a list of the afflictions with third party afflict/cure messages out there somewhere, or any other kind of general line dump for combat related things? I'm wanting to rewrite my offensive system finally, but I really don't want to go line hunting again.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    How does Affinity and Evolution (http://wiki.imperian.com/Hunting_Abilities#Evolution) work?
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Affinity: you pick the affinity/environment you want to be attuned to. It changes your thornspray environment and ents.

Evolution just lets you have access to ents and thornspray in the environment above and below your affinity, on that list.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    and landstriding in those environments too
  • IniarIniar Australia
    For those of you with kids, how do you plan on explaining Imperian to your kids, and at what age? Will you let them play Imperian?
  • Torment - Corrosion

Syntax: TORMENT <flail> WITH CORROSION

This ability allows you to corrode a flail, which causes any toxins inflicted by the flail to invoke 
    the entropy effect in a target.

The cooldown effect applies on a per-toxin basis - if a player is hit by ciguatoxin from a corroded 
    flail, further hits with ciguatoxin will not trigger the entropy effect during the cooldown, but other 
    toxins will.

---

This helpfile seems to be outdated. It seems that flail with corrosion hitting with any toxin gives entropy regardless of a cooldown. I'm assuming that was changed in a classlead but it would be nice if help files were also updated when things get changed during a classlead. I have a lot of combat experience and also know a lot of other people who keep up with classlead changes with professions so figuring out a profession is somewhat easier for me but I can understand how hard it can be for a newer person especially if the help files are completed outdated.

Tarot - Infuse

You are now capable of infusing your Tarot cards with a variety of Noctu spells. An infused card first 
    hits the target with the infused spell, followed by the actual effect of the card.

All single-target Noctu spells can be infused, with the exception of Cleanseaura, Timewarp, Incinerate,
     Whisperingmadness, and Enlighten. Some spells are weaker when infused than otherwise - the AB helps 
    for the individual spells describe this. Fire-based spells increase attunement as usual.

The following cards can carry infused spells: Sun, Emperor, Fool, Lovers, Hierophant, Wheel, Creator, 
    Justice, Aeon, Lust, and Moon.

Infused spells can use the following taint modifiers (see AB NOCTU TAINT): Intensify, Duplicate, 
    Strengthen, Blast. The cost of the modifiers is higher by 10% when used on an infused spell.

Another example, Summoner profession in the live version of the game has never used the attunement system yet the help file still mentions attunements.

I'm not sure whether to typo or bug these helpfile errors which is why I'm posting it in clueless.
  • Typo it
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited April 2014
    I think you typo them. Got told off before for bugging an AB file that lied. :D
  • Yeah, we try to update abhelps as we make changes, but sometimes things fall through the cracks. Both are now fixed.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited April 2014
    It's supposed to give like 2/3 or 3/4 entropy (as opposed to none at all) when you hit with the same toxin within 10s.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I can't remember if Unleash Marduk works against Prismatic.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited April 2014
    As painful as this is, because I could pretty well imagine @Iroth's player's confusion when his universe promptly disappeared from nowhere, I am going to go ahead and ask although I am assuming it does not function as intended... should I bug this?

1. Iroth places a necromancer on an altar of sanctity and chants a few words. The altar glows softly for a while and a blue fire envelops it briefly, consuming the sacrifice.
    2. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|eb {XP:30.14%}
    3. You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Iroth.
    4. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|eb {XP:30.14%}
    5. Iroth's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    6. Iroth quickly flings a card with the image of the Universe at the ground.
    7. The card vanishes into the earth in a spark of magick.
    8. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|eb {XP:30.14%}
    9. Iroth takes a long drag off his pipe, exhaling a thick, white haze.
    10. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|eb {XP:30.14%} tear map\stomp map
    11. Syntax: TEAR MAP
    12. You stomp about angrily.
    13. Your pose is now: stomping about angrily.
    14. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|eb {XP:30.14%} tear map\stomp map
    16. A shimmering, translucent image rises up before you, its glittering surface displaying the verdant grasslands, soaring mountains, sprawling settlements and deep blue seas of the Aetherian mainland.
    17. tear map\stomp map
    18. tear map\stomp map
    19. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|eb {XP:30.14%}
    20. Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    21. You have lost the anti-weapon field defence.
    22. Grabbing a map of the Aetherian mainland with both hands, you tear it in half. For a few seconds, the pieces shimmer in the air before bursting in a myriad of flaming fragments that leave behind the faintest trace of smoke.
    23. Balance Taken: 2.20s
    24. You stomp about angrily.
    25. Your pose is now: stomping about angrily.
    26. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|e- {XP:30.14%}
    27. Syntax: TEAR MAP
    28. You stomp about angrily.
    29. Your pose is now: stomping about angrily.
    30. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|e- {XP:30.14%}
    31. Syntax: TEAR MAP
    32. You stomp about angrily.
    33. Your pose is now: stomping about angrily.
    34. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|e- {XP:30.14%}
    35. Autocuring: smoke pipe with linseed
    36. You take a long drag off your pipe, filling your lungs with linseed smoke.
    37. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|e- {XP:30.14%}
    38. Rising higher in the sky, the sun illuminates the land, confining darkness to the shadows.
    39. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|e- {XP:30.14%}
    40. ++++++++++ BALANCE RECOVERED ++++++++++
    41. ++++++++++ BALANCE RECOVERED ++++++++++
    42. ++++++++++ BALANCE RECOVERED ++++++++++
    43. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|eb {XP:30.14%}
    44. You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Iroth.
    45. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|eb {XP:30.14%}
    46. You have recovered your breath and can smoke once more.
    47. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|eb {XP:30.14%}
    48. You feel an aura of rebounding surround you.
    49. You have gained the anti-weapon field defence.
    50. H:460/460 M:460/460 db@|eb {XP:30.14%}

ETA: Yes, I am lagfest, so I have an instant one, one halfway through wait time for map to appear, and two timed to fire when map should pop up.
  • For those of you who are about to spend ten minutes staring at that log like I did, the key point is the @ in the prompt. Menoch is asking if you should be able to tear map while phased.
  • edited April 2014
    Whether it was intended or not, you should bug it if you have doubts. That will bring it to the attention of the team faster and more reliably than a post on the forums. If it is not a bug, we will close the report indicating that. If it is a bug, it will get fixed.

This is firmly in the "bug" category. It's now on our radar.

E: And fixed.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
    I know it's my civic duty and shit, but I should've gotten a few more lulz out of that one. Iroth just... stood there. For like... ever. Touch stavenn. touch stavenn. touch stavenn. HAY WHERES MY MAP
  • RaykelRaykel Romania
    Speaking of bugs: I bugged something on 2014/03/20 and still doesn't seem to be looked into. It's about Artistry Runeguard. The runeguard sketch, when engaging a player will attempt to stop that player and deliver damage/break limb/etc. if that player attempts to leave the room in blackwind form.

You slip behind a hungry caiman and garrote him with your whip.
    Damage dealt: 81 Remaining: 66.96%
    Balance Taken: 2.79s

You prick a hungry caiman, exposing his veins to your deadly toxins.
    Trioxin flows into his open wound.
    Damage dealt: 50 Remaining: 46.59%
    Balance Taken: 1.80s

garrote - 29 dps
    trioxin - 27 dps

What are the real differences here? Trioxin still wins out because of faster crits? I hate bashing, so much.
  • Generally speaking, the only thing that matters is DPS because critical hits are a percentile modifier applied to your DPS. The "combos/fastattacks get more crits and thusly more DPS" thing is untrue; they get more criticals, but each critical does much less damage. They have a slight advantage in that they can retarget faster after a mob dies, but that advantage is tiny compared to the advantage of a higher DPS attack.

With that aside, the optimal bashing attack for bashing events without crits and such is going to be situational and it's going to depend on the health of the mobile. Let's say you want to kill a mobile with 300 health. This will require 4 garrotes worth of damage, non-crit, for 11.16 seconds. It will take 6 trioxin punctures, non-crit, for 10.8 seconds. But wait! The mob actually has 320 health. Now it's 11.16s worth of garrotes and 12.6s worth of puncture. 

Basically, use whichever attack you prefer, because they're pretty close and the answer to which attack is best almost certainly depends on the health of the mobile and calculating it probably won't save you more than a second or so per mob.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    I think both scale with int artifacts too so there's that to consider
  • PvE-wise, garrote scales with strength. Trioxin scales with nothing, IIRC.

Yeah I knew trioxin was flat and garrote was str, was just wondering about the math. Much thanks!
  • Why don't we have Overkill in Imperian?
  • Honestly, the only class I would ever throw overkill on is defiler. Any class that has a bashing attack > 3.5 should pick up overkill. Aside from that, the entire world is dropping mobs too quickly to really -need- overkill.
  • If it's same slow and fast DPS, go with fast because you can retarget faster. If it's fast and slow with same DPS but you have multiple attacks(DSL), go with the slower one-- It's possible to do riskier rooms with this, because you can often get double kills that you wouldn't be able to do with faster attacks.
  • Gurn said:
    If it's same slow and fast DPS, go with fast because you can retarget faster. If it's fast and slow with same DPS but you have multiple attacks(DSL), go with the slower one-- It's possible to do riskier rooms with this, because you can often get double kills that you wouldn't be able to do with faster attacks.

:|
  • Things that are pure affliction classes:

Hunter.

Things that don't do reliable and steady dps:

Affliction classes.