Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Actually, I haven't really noticed a 'hangout' room that replaced the spring, which is a little sad.

The spring being toxic and full of water is just plain annoying more then anything, with the directory for Caanae there and reincarnation(especially for novices) there. And no, you can no longer submerge people.

I assume we're eventually going to get the finish of the death change with new Dis and the spring will remain as is until they get around to it.
  • Doesn't seem to be a global hangout room anymore and no, can't submerge anyone now. =[

• Oh well, hopefully they will bring it back.  Getting into trouble at the spring was always a fun time.

I'm trying to come up with a unique voice for Zoroaster, who is a lycaean.  Is this good or annoying?

In rough, rolling tones, you say, "I'm a dog-man." [sic, I didn't actually say this]
  • Personal opinion here, but I like that sort of thing so would say go for it. I don't think everyone shares that point of view but really, it's your character so you should have fun!

• So what's the deal with devotion, fayth and Kanai now that we have no gods? O_o
  • (insert entity)

Done.

(insert belief magick is bad and harms world)

Also done.

(insert belief I'm right and everyone else is wrong)

Done with a reason to hit people with blunt objects.

• What does dirttrap in taming do again? I'm trying to decide if I want to learn up to that or not.

• Zoroaster said:
    What does dirttrap in taming do again? I'm trying to decide if I want to learn up to that or not.
    Allows your pet to bury someone underground. They have to have a shovel and/or claws to dig out. It's an annoying tactic, but I guess has some situation uses. I'm not sure if mass, or what other qualifications affect it's outcome.

• Thanks Ario :) If anyone knows the specifics then please chime in.

I'm also wondering whether clarity in philosophy blocks those augur skills, like augureat or augursmoke, from shadowbinding.
  • You don't need claws or a shovel to get out, you just need to do the proper command, 'burrow above'. Also being buried is not the same as it used to be; you can heal (eat, drink and even smoke, I believe) so it's not like you're interrupting their curing either. Druids have a similar thing they can do with a root and pull you underground.
  • If you ice the ground, it gets even more annoying. I think.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    @Zoroaster

IIRC, clarity (and rite of bracing) do have a chance to block those. Easily tested, though!
  • edited February 2014
    Dirttrap was better gamed when you could flood their escape and even stick a paralyzing scorpion under there when you couldn't outr/heal burrowed (Kliko's PK heyday). The balance to dirttrap someone is generally going to exceed the balance of someone burrowing above, so utility is probably limited to catching someone off-guard who doesn't know how to escape (and generally these people aren't the sort of threats worth using a dirttrap balance on anyway).
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Zoroaster said:
    What does dirttrap in taming do again? I'm trying to decide if I want to learn up to that or not.
    I just want to add that, aside from Mount or whatever it is that gives you the ability to waterwalk when riding a Swimming pet, there is no need to learn taming to do anything in taming.

If you want to dirttrap, just buy a trained pet that can dirttrap.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I'm interested in knowing how fast I'd be as Wise vs Intelligent Mage when bashing. Trying to calculate the speed on my own seems a bit unreliable because when I reduce my 3.2s eq by 25% from quickcast it lands at 2.4s, but in reality it is 2.45s.

If Wise is 10% faster than 3.2s I'd land at 2.88s but I want to know if those are the real numbers or not. Also if someone knows the actual bashing damage and/or DPS as Wise Mage that'd be awesome too.

NOTE: All numbers should be without artifacts.
  • A +1 to equ should be a 10% boost, yes. As an aside though, I can't remember if that speed with the lower damage comes out to better DPS, but I'm thinking no.

• Yeah, the DPS should be lower as Wise. I just want to know how much lower and if it'll be worth switching right away. I do like speedy attacks after all and 3.2s is certainly not speedy :( I'm so glad I finally got quickcast though...
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I tried Wise Summoner for about 6 hours. Was not even close to Clever (which is a suboptimal statpack)
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Wise is garbage tier for bashing and for PvP damage.

In fact, it's so garbage tier that I'd almost be willing to say that you'd be better off going capable than wise. I mean, neither of them are going to damage kill  so you might as well go with the tankier one.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I wonder if it's possible to get treants customized? I would love my apple treant to be a mango treant...
  • Zoroaster said:

I would love my apple treant to be a mango treant...

Day late and a dollar short on that one.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Eldreth said:
    I would love my apple treant to be a mango treant...
    Day late and a dollar short on that one.
    So it would seem, but maybe now is the time for a kiwi treant.
  • edited February 2014
    Given Azefel's new mission to destroy your Kiwi treant on sight, might I recommend a taming investment in courage?

• Eldreth said:
    Given Azefel's new mission to destroy your Kiwi treant on sight, might I recommend a taming investment in courage?
    Treants can use taming skills? O_o

Here's what I will do: splice it with the seed that makes it run away when attacked...
  • edited February 2014
    Edit: Derp, never mind.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Afaik, off-balance torment is an affliction buffer, on-balance torment is primarily used for entropy gain. Use corrosion.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Everyone could always go back to hanging out at 'Forked Intersection' aka NoT.

• Is it possible, through the politics system, to designate only ONE Ministry position as elected? I.e, if I wanted Ministry A, B, and C to be appointed via leader, but wanted Ministry D to be elected by the people.. is that possible?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    Is it possible, through the politics system, to designate only ONE Ministry position as elected? I.e, if I wanted Ministry A, B, and C to be appointed via leader, but wanted Ministry D to be elected by the people.. is that possible?
    I believe right now we only have it where either all Ministries are through election, or none are.