Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• The discussion about shard abilities made me wonder: if I have a shard tattoo like say hood, and I leave the city/council that allowed me to ink it, is the tattoo rendered unusable, or can I use it, until it runs out, and just not be able to ink another one?
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Anette said:
    The discussion about shard abilities made me wonder: if I have a shard tattoo like say hood, and I leave the city/council that allowed me to ink it, is the tattoo rendered unusable, or can I use it, until it runs out, and just not be able to ink another one?

It's been a while, but if memory serves it will remain on you, but you cannot activate it, and the def is removed if present. Don't take any of this as gospel, but you are definitely unable to utilize the hood tattoo without being a citizen of a circle where it has been researched, regardless of whether my memory is failing on the aforementioned specifics.
  • Thanks!  I kind of figured, but never having been without a city, I didn't know.
  • edited February 2016
    After not receiving a limb message at 33% or 66% while killing Dexter at a shard fall, we decided to test it.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/baef446b <--- a second fight "for real." Couldn't even see if rebounding was up or not. Had to manually toggle it.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Looks like you may have combat focus set.
  • That's interesting. I never use combat focus. Maybe I was checking to see if someone was on plane.

Is combat focus reset on log out? I did COMBAT FOCUS OFF when I logged in just now and I wasn't focusing on the actions of anyone.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Is combat focus reset on log out?
    Yes.
  • I got a polished wooden staff from the wheel.

"The next time that he dies (such that the death leaves a normal corpse) after the staff has cursed him, his corpse will rise up as a zombie."

Does this mean that if I use incendiary on someone, they won't be raised as a zombie? If so.. this isn't very helpful to me. 
    :|

• They will come back as a BBQ zombie.

Zombie: ughhhh brainnnss.

Zombie walks past @Theophilus.

• ThorimThorim California
    I recently noticed that certain class skills that are shared between classes don't need any extra investment, which is neat. (I.E. Outrider/Ranger Trailblazing)

What other cross-class skillsets like that are there? Does Chivalry/Brutality work like that? Pioneering/Trailblazing?
  • In Magick: Hunter and Druid share Pioneering. In Demonic: Diabolist and Deathknight share Necromancy. In Antimagic: Priest and Templar share Devotion. I think that's all of them.
  • Thorim said:
    I recently noticed that certain class skills that are shared between classes don't need any extra investment, which is neat. (I.E. Outrider/Ranger Trailblazing)

What other cross-class skillsets like that are there? Does Chivalry/Brutality work like that? Pioneering/Trailblazing?
    Diabolist and Deathknight share Necromancy. Templar and Priest share devotion. Renegade and Assassin share the same skills--they're just named differently depending on circle.

95% sure chivalry and brutality are not shared.

• No skills are shared between circles.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Spatium. Sabotage. Hypnosis. Chivalry.
    Today we shall die.
  • You can't transfer them across circles. If you quit demonic with Assassin and want to learn Renegade, you have to pay full price to relearn it. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Credit hounds:  Is the treasure map thing going now if you buy 100+ credits?

Cause WHATSHAPPENING still mentions the racial chips, and this would influence credit-buying decisions!
  • You get 1 map fragment per 100 credits purchased. You can also get them quite frequently from wheel spins with purchased ones. I finished the map pretty quickly from in-game purchases. My prize was a gold tonic, whoohoo.
  • ThorimThorim California
    Khizan said:
    You can't transfer them across circles. If you quit demonic with Assassin and want to learn Renegade, you have to pay full price to relearn it. 
    Ah, that's a bit of a shame, but understandable too, I guess. Thanks for responding, and you as well @Theophilius, @linset, and @dicene
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/0391808b

I see the limbs beginning to break unevenly even at 1/3, but I'm wondering what accounts for this? Maybe he has greaves but not vambraces?

• edited March 2016
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/0391808b

I see the limbs beginning to break unevenly even at 1/3, but I'm wondering what accounts for this? Maybe he has greaves but not vambraces?
    You note Kezak carrying:
    A wooden vial, #293498.
    A wooden vial, #293543.
    A wisteria-etched vial of sinn, #162875.
    A wisteria-etched vial of sinn, #164350.
    A wisteria-etched vial of sinn, #165320.
    A simple oaken pipe, #163734.
    Fingerless black leather gloves, #4614.
    Durable khaki canvas pants, #271211.
    An off-white dress shirt, #35059.
    Ashen suede dress shoes, #83760.
    A black leather pack, #109121.
    A cedarwood vial, #238397.
    A cedarwood vial, #261316.
    A cedarwood vial, #261498.
    A cedarwood vial, #262695.
    A cedarwood vial, #265604.
    A cedarwood vial, #265694.
    A cedarwood vial, #268947.
    A simple oaken pipe, #181161.
    A simple oaken pipe, #181566.
    A cedarwood vial, #222851.
    A cedarwood vial, #261144.
    A small engraved tinderbox, #95233.
    An ivory phoenix egg-shaped charm, #327726.
    An obsidian phoenix egg-shaped charm, #315866.
    A charm bracelet, #327077.
  • Even if you are buying off the rack, I approve of any novice who doesn't embrace the Khizan school of, "clothes? why do I need clothes when I got this huge breastplate and codpiece to cover me up?"
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • The idea of wearing dress pants along with fullplate is ridiculous and I refuse to have any part of it. 

• (He wears kitten mittens and a robe instead, much more dignified/decorous, which we take very seriously in Antioch)
  • edited March 2016
    Do limb breaks hinder bard offense?  Also, they can apparently play instruments without wielding maybe?  
  • Limb Breaks hinder some offense- Those that are in the Thespia skill tree. Alot of offense is the Voice, sketches, and passive songs that are bound on a person. 
  • If I buy level 1 bracelets now, and get another pair of level 1 bracelets later via the bashing achievement, do I just get level 2 bracelets?  The credit value of bracelets is 350, level 2 is 700.  Can we do SWEET BRACELET FUSION so I don't feel bad about sitting on my credits until I kill more things?
    Today we shall die.
  • No, you get another pair of level 1 bracelets.  These can be traded in at the trade-in rate for credits that can go towards upgrading your level 1 bracelets.
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    This is why I'm just killing things for my L1 bracelet. I'm also debating what to use my upgrade tokens for. This will all come in time.

• Lame, alright, I'll sit on the 350 for about... a month or so.
    Today we shall die.

• Linslet said:
    If I buy level 1 bracelets now, and get another pair of level 1 bracelets later via the bashing achievement, do I just get level 2 bracelets?  The credit value of bracelets is 350, level 2 is 700.  Can we do SWEET BRACELET FUSION so I don't feel bad about sitting on my credits until I kill more things?
    If I have L2 bracelets, do I get 350cr to L3 bracelets? If I have L3 bracelets, do I get 350 plain credits? What you're basically asking is to change the reward to 350cr. I'm not opposed to that, but I do think it's pretty unlikely.