Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• JuranJuran Ohio
    edited March 2016
    Khizan said:

Linslet said:
    If I buy level 1 bracelets now, and get another pair of level 1 bracelets later via the bashing achievement, do I just get level 2 bracelets?  The credit value of bracelets is 350, level 2 is 700.  Can we do SWEET BRACELET FUSION so I don't feel bad about sitting on my credits until I kill more things?
    If I have L2 bracelets, do I get 350cr to L3 bracelets? If I have L3 bracelets, do I get 350 plain credits? What you're basically asking is to change the reward to 350cr. I'm not opposed to that, but I do think it's pretty unlikely. 
    As an owner of L3 bracelets already, I feel my quest reward should have been custom L4 bracelets.
  • edited March 2016
    Seeing as the only achievements I know of to actually have straight cr rewards are hard to get, such as: Overachiever (250), Wraith Slayer (40), Strigoi Slayer (20), Cross Streams (50), and Annihilation (250), I would say the L1 bracelets are a good reward for the Exterminator achievement. Rewarding 100k kills with 350cr when 1m is only 250cr would be absurd. Trading in the L1 bracelets would already give you almost as much as the Annihilation reward in the first place.

The only exceptions to the above are Lady Luck, Spin Doctor, and Card Counter, since they're relatively easy to get in comparison.
  • So uh, where can I actually go that has demons to kill for the achievement and isn't Black Pines?
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Late stage Underworld Stavenn ahs demons.
  • Salik said:
    Late stage Underworld Stavenn ahs demons.
    I suppose I should have guessed, but that seems like a lot of a pain to get to the late bit to farm for an achievement :(
  • The ourobori in Upper Feinhorn are demons.

• Caelya said:
    The ourobori in Upper Feinhorn are demons.
    I seem to remember that area not upping anything in ACHIEVEMENT STATS but I wasn't paying attention to the specific targets I must admit.  I'll take another go and see, when someone hasn't stabbed all of them.  Thanks for the tip!
  • @caelya speaks the truth. An overall lack of demons is kinda what happens when you use an ancient godly weapon to wipe out an entire race.
  • Best fishing spots to trans fishing and get achievement for biggest fish?
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • So how does one actually kill the underworld bosses?  Cause while I get that being murdered in my face is to be expected solo, I don't really want to grab buddies and get us ALL murdered in the face.
  • Anette said:
    So how does one actually kill the underworld bosses?  Cause while I get that being murdered in my face is to be expected solo, I don't really want to grab buddies and get us ALL murdered in the face.
    Some bosses are intended to be possible solo. Some are intended to require groups. Most, if not all, of the underworld bosses fall into the latter category.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    Some bosses are intended to be possible solo. Some are intended to require groups. Most, if not all, of the underworld bosses fall into the latter category.
    Well I was poking at them to try to figure out the mechanics before I got a whole team murderized but I mostly just got murderized myself so..
  • You concentrate briefly and ten shimmering reflections slowly form around you.
    Equilibrium Taken: 1.90s
    H:269(44%) M:344(53%) <-b b> 0 16 0 [0h/0m] AFF:0 MENT:0 F: 0 W: 0 E: 0 A: 0 <Kristos>
    Kristos's holy seraph casts a piercing glance at you.
    H:269(44%) M:264(41%) <-b b> 0 16 0 [0h/-79m] AFF:0 MENT:0 F: 0 W: 0 E: 0 A: 0 <Kristos>
    A woolly yak lashes out at you with a well-placed attack.
    One of your reflections has been destroyed! You have 9 left.Reflection! 9
    H:269(44%) M:264(41%) <-b b> 0 16 0 [0h/0m] AFF:0 MENT:0 F: 0 W: 0 E: 0 A: 0 <Kristos>
    Kristos takes a drink from a mahogany vial of the Crusaders.
    H:269(44%) M:264(41%) <-b b> 0 16 0 [0h/0m] AFF:0 MENT:0 F: 0 W: 0 E: 0 A: 0 <Kristos>
    Theophilus jabs forward with a frost-rimmed chalybeous glaive at you, taking a step in closer.
    Theophilus aims a short, quick jab at you with a frost-rimmed chalybeous glaive.
    Luciia calls upon her faith and gives a grave nod to her Seraph, whose wings flare suddenly as an 
    alien and frightening look of power sweeps across her face. With one hand, the Seraph reaches 
    forward, and as her hand touches your chest, it flares an impossibly bright white, and enters your 
    breast. The Seraph's eyes roll back in its head and as your soul is torn screaming from your body, 
    you collapse to the ground in neverending, inhuman pain.
    You have been slain by Luciia.

Absolve bypassing reflections. Is this really a thing?
  • Iluv, there might be more bugs with reflections - or, it's a feature, I really don't know, but I think Septus had me report a bug with them or he did it himself and I don't remember.  I will check to see if I have it later and post if I do.  
  • You will now attempt to parry attacks to your right arm. [PARRY::right arm]

Stinging pain hits you as Theophilus rakes you across the body with the tip of a frost-rimmed 
    chalybeous glaive.
    You are afflicted with damaged right arm.
    [SYSTEM::Damaged right arm]
    You are afflicted with crippled right arm.
    Your right arm is greatly damaged from the beating.
    Damage Taken: 71 cutting, physical (raw damage: 177) -71 cutting, physical
    You stumble in terror as your left leg shrivels into a useless stump.
    You are afflicted with crippled left leg.

What is going on Imperian?
  • Is that just Targeting and not an actual attack to your right arm?
  • You concentrate briefly and ten shimmering reflections slowly form around you.
    Equilibrium Taken: 1.90s
    H:235(42%) M:609(99%) <-b db> 0 0 0 [0h/0m] AFF:0 MENT:1 F: 0 W: 0 E: 0 A: 0 <Eldreth>
    Autocuring: smoke pipe with linseed
    You take a long drag off your pipe, filling your lungs with linseed smoke.
    H:235(42%) M:609(99%) <-b db> 0 0 0 [0h/0m] AFF:0 MENT:1 F: 0 W: 0 E: 0 A: 0 <Eldreth>
    The Mark of Danaeus on your body flares briefly.
    Damage Taken: 45 electricity, mental (raw damage: 45) -45 electricity, mental
    H:189(34%) M:609(99%) <-b db> 0 0 0 [-45h/0m] AFF:0 MENT:1 F: 0 W: 0 E: 0 A: 0 <Eldreth>
    Eldreth's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    [^(BATS)^]: - Rebounding
    As Eldreth points his finger at you, your throat burns painfully and you begin vomiting up acidic 
    vile while he invokes the curse of sensitivity on you.
    Your hearing is suddenly restored.
    You have lost the deaf defence.
    The Mark of Belial on your body flares briefly.
    Damage Taken: 60 magickal, mental (raw damage: 60) -60 magickal, mental
    A distant look in his eyes, Eldreth points a finger at you and utters a terrible prophecy involving 
    doom.
    The prophecy echoes in your head, causing a sharp pain.
    Damage Taken: 81 psychic, mental (raw damage: 73) -81 psychic, mental
    H:47(8%) M:609(99%) <-b b> 0 0 0 [-142h/0m] AFF:0 MENT:1 F: 0 W: 0 E: 0 A: 0 <Eldreth>

Reflections why do you forsake me?
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Wytch can pierce through a lot of stuff. Maybe that includes reflections?
  • I don't see the bug we'd seen with reflections in my list of bugs.  It might have been with doppies though.  I think it was.  I hope one of us did report it :/

Most of wytch (certainly most anything that matters in group fights) goes right through reflections and shield from what I can see, Iluv.  I think it goes through prismatic as well, but I use prismatic a bit less in general so maybe someone can give a more firm answer there.  Not sure if it was different when you were last super active.  

I was told not to try to use shield or reflections for sure, and I believe also not to bother with prismatic barriers in group fights that include a wytch (especially not if that wytch is Eldreth).  I sometimes at least keep rebounding in fights against demonic to slow down the deathknights at least a little, although you do run a high risk of giving away an easy enlighten that way if there are summoners.   

When I did try to shield or reflect, it really did usually just mean the wytch was able to finish the kill if I was softened up at all (steal is -fast-), and I imagine that's why people are saying "don't try to shield or reflect".  You'd tend to think you're buying yourself a little bit of a breather against say, the deathknights, but it doesn't seem to work that way - even if you've decided you might as well just try to soak up damage until you die in that particular fight, and you're doing nothing but shield/reflect early and often.  You still seem to be a little bit better off just trying to do active heals, and, as a terror aspect, I'll definitely use absorb if I have access to it at the time.  That probably is a change that is new to you.  Absorb is amazing.  
  • The final blow is too much, you have slain a tiny galago.

You take an elegant white letter, an elegant white letter, an elegant white

letter, an elegant white letter, a sea glass perfume bottle, a key, a key, a

key, a key, an elegant white letter, an elegant white letter, a key, an elegant

white letter, an elegant white letter, a key, an elegant white letter, an

elegant white letter, an elegant white letter, a key, a group of 3000 endive

roots, a group of 3000 lovage leaves, a group of 861 sulphur crystals, a group

of 39 pinches of saltpetre and a small pile of sovereigns from the corpse as

you pick it up.

WOW

• Some mobs will gather up items in the room with them, and then if they don't decay the items sit in the mob's inventory. That is, until they're killed or told to drop them. Looks like that little monkey was a busy boy!
  • Is there a way to transfer elixirs from one flask to another?
  • CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    happybirthday

It must be your birthday or within the next seven days to get birthday credits.

It's my birthday in less than six days. :(
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Celestine said:
    happybirthday

It must be your birthday or within the next seven days to get birthday credits.

It's my birthday in less than six days. :(
    Psure that means your birthday or the -next- seven days. As in the ones following your birthday, not preceding it.
  • I went to every room on ROOM LIST in the Sienna Forest to find treasure from my treasure map.

I dug in each room and found nothing. SURVEY shows I've only explored 93% of area, but I figure there are houses around there.

Any ideas? Could it be that my map is bugged?
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • DecDec
    edited March 2016
    Your map is fine and the room your treasure is in is in a possible to get to (if obscure) location in the area. 
  • Does Stavenn not have an NPC that sells the defiler corrupt seeds and gaudy shadow jewelry?  I know Khandava does, but it seems like an oversight if Stavenn does not.
    Today we shall die.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Library mob
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • OH RIGHT, I forgot Olilat existed, thanks Iniar.
    Today we shall die.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited March 2016
    Do designs not give messaged warnings before they expire? I just logged in to 30 designs being deleted. :(</3
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure