Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Iniar said:
    Do designs not give messaged warnings before they expire? I just logged in to 30 designs being deleted. :(</3
    They do not -- I guess you're supposed to just periodically do DESIGN LIST and see which ones are expiring soon?

But you can do DESIGN REFRESHALL and it should re-fresh all your designs, including the ones that were expired.
  • Can someone explain to me how the mechanic of "a polished wooden staff" I got from the wheel actually works?  Maybe I'm just being blonde but I don't get it.  I get the kill things to charge it up bit, but what does it actually do?
  • Anette said:
    Can someone explain to me how the mechanic of "a polished wooden staff" I got from the wheel actually works?  Maybe I'm just being blonde but I don't get it.  I get the kill things to charge it up bit, but what does it actually do?
    If the staff is at 100% charge, you can POINT it at someone. When that person dies next, a zombie will be raised with their name.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Is the zombie like a loyal mob or it just roams or stands around or..?
  • Anette said:
    Is the zombie like a loyal mob or it just roams or stands around or..?
    It is not loyal to anyone. It's just a zombie bearing the name of the target. The player's body is consumed in the process.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Yeah I guess the thing I wasn't getting was the net effect.  Would I be correct to assume it's just kind of a vanity thing that consumes the corpse to make a zombie then?  (Which I guess does also have the "combat" use of making it so they can't be resurrected/animated)
  • Anette said:
    Yeah I guess the thing I wasn't getting was the net effect.  Would I be correct to assume it's just kind of a vanity thing that consumes the corpse to make a zombie then?  (Which I guess does also have the "combat" use of making it so they can't be resurrected/animated)
    Yep, that's all. It was originally a reward for completing enough daily quests within an undead-themed month, and is just a bit of flavor.
  • Neat little thing to get from the wheel, I think.  I was just a little puzzled by it is all.  Thanks!
  • The mechanical implications are that you can deny someone a battle rez if they have someone you really want to stay dead and don't have an inhumer on hand, so its worth keeping if you intend to get into team pk, even if you don't want the vanity aspect.
  • Yeah now that I actually understand what it does I'm pretty pleased I got it <3
  • Is there some way to deal with entanglement spam I'm just being stupid and missing out on, or are you basically meant to tank how some mobs (Harum for instance, also in UW Stavenn theres a few that also mix up that with concussions which is even more fun) can kind of end up having you entangled almost indefinitely if it keeps doing the particular attack?
  • Go berserker and get flexibility :P

On a serious note, since I haven't seen this promo before. (I have in other games, but to my knowledge this doesn't happen o_o) - Is this normal?

[459/100--271/76](dbeb|0) 13.82% 
    You clutch a tower shield firmly, then slam it against a Klakan orc guard in a powerful strike.
    You have scored a staggering blow!
    Maintaining your balance, you strike out with the shield once again.
    You have scored a staggering blow!
    The final blow is too much, you have slain a Klakan orc guard.
    You gain 48,823 (bash) experience. You need 103,366,845 more for level 98.
    You just received a Gladiator Betting Ticket!
    [459/100--271/76](dbe-|0) 13.86% 
  • Everyone with Iron Elite I know seemed to get one like that when the new promo first dropped.
  • I've gotten 3 today from hunting ._.
  • Looks like this was an accidental promotion, but we're going to run with it. Enjoy your sweaty men pummeling each other senseless while cursing the wheel!

• Senali said:
    I've gotten 3 today from hunting ._.
    I should hunt more before I check myself into the hospital is what you're saying

OK
  • edited April 2016
    Well, I have to let this medication have a chance to help before they'd do anything anyways :|  And it's kind of a distraction from the pain >.>

[edit]: Back on topic of stupid questions: Does the celerity artifact stack with the celerity blessing?

• Hexe said:
    Looks like this was an accidental promotion, but we're going to run with it. Enjoy your sweaty men pummeling each other senseless while cursing the wheelimage
    I feel like  you just April fooled us. I've been hunting for two hours or so and no tickets yet.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Nevermind.. I just got one as I posted.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Pretty sure it has to be a mob with a chance to drop something other than gold.  Probably a bug/feature.  I'm going with feature.
  • Is there a handy guide for learning order of most professions anywhere. I'd like to put that in help files somewhere. 
  • I don't get it

I have STONESKIN/ WINDVEIL/ ROBE/ LUNAR SHIELD/ SURCOAT

Why am I missing all resists?

Damage Type Armour Resists

Cutting 30% 0%

Blunt 30% 0%

Magickal 0% 0%

Fire 0% 0%

Cold 0% 0%

Poison 0% 0%

Asphyxiation 0% 0%

Electricity 0% 0%

Psychic 0% 0%

• Were you sitting on a defiance relic?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:
    Were you sitting on a defiance relic?
    Perhaps - I can't see what relics are on a shrine - but it is one room in Demon's Pass. And it has a shrine. So that may be it. Thanks!
  • JuranJuran Ohio
    edited April 2016
    Ohm said:
    Khizan said:
    Were you sitting on a defiance relic?
    Perhaps - I can't see what relics are on a shrine - but it is one room in Demon's Pass. And it has a shrine. So that may be it. Thanks!
    If that's the aspect monolith room, it is a conquest shrine with Defiance.
  • Is there a way to easily tell if a room is indoors or outdoors (mechanically) without waiting for a blizzard I've just missed because I'm blonde?
  • JuranJuran Ohio
    edited April 2016
    Anette said:
    Is there a way to easily tell if a room is indoors or outdoors (mechanically) without waiting for a blizzard I've just missed because I'm blonde?
    FORECAST says "You feel protected from the weather here." if you are indoors.
  • Aha, I did not know of that command.  Thank you.
  • Also MOONS tells you if you are inside or outside.