Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Oh I really hope someone does that to me.
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • I was going to during the shardfall but Septus was a bigger baddie :(
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • IniarIniar Australia
    What do these do?

****************[ Promo items matching your filters for sale: ]****************
    ID       Description                                                   Price   
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    20553    a intricately woven bow                                       21 cr
    37360    a intricately woven bow                                       49 cr
    222818   a intricately woven bow                                       50 cr
    21059    a tightly woven quiver                                        21 cr
    41448    a tightly woven quiver                                        49 cr
    222829   a tightly woven quiver                                        50 cr
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • RaykelRaykel Romania
    Those are the items from the Valentine's Day event. You can shoot 4 types of arrows at people, each with a distinct message. 
  • The bow does not work without the quiver. So you'd have to buy both.
  • Raykel said:

Those are the items from the Valentine's Day event. You can shoot 4 types of arrows at people, each with a distinct message. 

The various arrows also give out stuff to your target -- one gives flowers, one gives candy, and I forgot what the others do.
  • Silver - Flower
    Fuchsia - Candy
    Golden - Trinkets and jewelry
    Blackened - The cards that were available from the festival
  • Iniar said:

Propaganda Pamphlet: 100 credits
      - Hide your honours and instead show a custom line written by the owner.
      - CONFIG HONOURS to view the syntax.

Is there a length limit to this thing?
    I'm incredibly jealous of this. The same artifact is 325 in Lusternia.
  • Which writhes cure at the same time? I heard there's an announce post, but there's no search function and I'm lazy.
  • [63] Writhing now cures all writhe afflictions except impales at once; the time is determined by the longest writhe affliction that you have

Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Name     : Citadel 
    Cooldown : Always active
    Effect   : Reduces the damage done when defiling the sect or cult altar by 50%, 75%, and 90%.

How does this work with separate shrines holding Citadel relics? Is it just the highest level, or a combination of all of them up to the 90%, or wha?
  • Kabaal said:

Name     : Citadel 
    Cooldown : Always active
    Effect   : Reduces the damage done when defiling the sect or cult altar by 50%, 75%, and 90%.

How does this work with separate shrines holding Citadel relics? Is it just the highest level, or a combination of all of them up to the 90%, or wha?
    It is the shrine with the highest percent.  So if you have three shrines with one citadel relic each, it's still only 50%.
  • edited April 2015
    Other than claymores and sabres, are there any other weapons that cannot take enhancements? 

Specifically, can the following weapons take enhancements?

handaxe
    bardiche
    halberd
    morningstar
    shortsword
    warhammer

Also, are there any enhancements that can be used by non-knight classes? (I think the answer to this is NO based on the AB file, but would like confirmation.)
  • Only the "utility" enhancements can be used by non-knights. Resonate, Hawk, and Boomerang.  
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Tournament of Ages?
  • Coming. We're doing something very different this year, so it's taking a lot of planning and setup.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    If there's no epilepsy toxin, how come I can purge it?
  • Chloroform?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    You, good sir, I salute you.
  • Is it "okay" for me to have someone from my sect kill me to drop starburst, or... I could even kill myself?  Basically, I do use starburst (instead of redemption), but in some situations I'd like to be able to drop starburst to preclude a double kill.  

My thought was that if someone from my sect (or at least a friendly sect) drops me - or even better, I kill myself, the net belief gain/loss should be zero and then I can go out to die gloriously (just once).  It makes perfect sense to me within the context of how belief and faith currently work, but it is also the sort of thing that, mainly due to the legacy of "having someone kill you", I'd want to make absolutely sure that admin wouldn't perceive it as some kind of "kill farming". 
  • We've asked for a 'relax starburst' previously.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited April 2015
    Killing yourself has always been fine. No permission required.

e: also, getting other people to kill you is also fine - a good 20% of my deaths are 'oops, sorry, accident.' or in Azefel's case, 'Yeap, looks about right.'
  • IniarIniar Australia
    471[91] 493[85] eb db 74 0 33.89 0 (xxxxxxxxxx()xxxxxxxxxxx)
    You quickdraw a sharpened quarterstaff.
    You quickly summon a metallic wisp and with a commanding gesture, send it flying towards Dreacor.
    A metallic wisp flies directly at Dreacor, colliding painfully.
    The strength of the Air energy in a sharpened quarterstaff has increased to 70%.
    Mana Lost: 45
    You focus intently on the swirling tornado here.
    The raging tornado begins spinning faster and faster, until it suddenly implodes into itself with an ear-splitting sound.
    You have slain Dreacor.
    Cleared all variables on Dreacor.
    ac on
    An immense cyanine icewyrm slinks off without a sound.
    You choke violently as the air is forced painfully out of your lungs. -109 [21.3%], 147 (25.9%)
    The strength of the Air energy in a sharpened quarterstaff has increased to 80%.
    Balance Taken: 3.40s
    362[70] 447[77] e- db 74 0 33.89 0 (xxxxxxxxxx()xxxxxxxxxxx)

Honestly don't know why Dreacor hasn't given me xp in a while.
  • Elaborate AM redemptionist conspiracy.
  • Dreacor usually has a monolith IIRC.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• In classlead stuff, is part of the process to go through the abilities, and if an ability goes pretty much unused, simply delete it, to clean up the profession's ability list?  I mean, if I have an ability I tend to assume it's useful in some way, and sometimes, the answer I get is that things are "situationally useful", which... sometimes I do end up seeing people use it at least once in awhile, and other times, I just NEVER see it happen (which of course doesn't mean it never does, but does make me wonder what stars have to align for it to be "useful").  Other things, people advising me will simply flat out say "nope, not useful", and I guess my question is does stuff like that get cleaned up (deleted)?  If not, why?  
  • IniarIniar Australia
    @Ahkan still banned so I'm going to sub: #effort. :D
  • Abilites don't generally get deleted, no matter how redundant or useless they are. If they did certain classes (Defiler) would have such short skill lists that it would be just...I don't even know.

• To be honest, that's part of my secret agenda.  I mean, the people doing classleads must know which ones are silly and which mean something, but at first glance, having extraneous things seems to 1) just make things confusing for people learning the class 2) "pads" the class at first glance, making it look more fleshed out than it is.  

I can also easily imagine people arguing (and I'll take that Defiler example here) "but you have X", fully knowing (or maybe not knowing, doesn't matter I guess) that X is a silly redundant and/or simply fairly worthless ability, because one thing all sides seem to agree on is that people do that sort of thing (always people from other circles of course :P).  Keeping things neat also seems like it would help keep people honest.