Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• @Iniar:
    I would use a sabre with mannaz flared and reflare the mannaz on my longsword attacks. I probably would not make it a goal to permanently uptime mannaz; just take the opportunity the longsword offers to reflare it when the situation permits it. The idea that you need to flare something on every dsl is why most rgs just aren't very scary. Of course, you also need to be mindful that the sabre locks out your enhancements. I'd recommend looking into scimitar viability for a passable aff speed that leaves those open, for when you encounter a situation where you can capitalise off of one (notably: addiction).

I would be using nairat for plants in most cases, personally. Assuming you have confined them to strictly being limited by herb balance, 2 seconds of advantage is huge as a knight, particularly with the bolt enhancement being a thing.

Loshre is much more situational and is more something to use for sealing the deal or sneaky things. I am sure there are some horrific things you can do with it and addiction, but I haven't really had a need to think about it much. But that is probably the angle I would start from if looking for nonstandard uses.

• Focus on giving physical on afflictions, nairat for plants, mannaz with longsword when you go to shred. Transfix, impale, disembowel (reave).

• The big thing about using longsword as a not-DK is that you have to hope your opponents are not going to aggressively clot out of haemophilia range after every one of your DSLs.

Septus can't stick haemo on me as a Templar no matter what he does because he can't ever proc haemo; none of his affliction weapons deal enough damage to force me to sip health, which means he can't ever prevent me from just sipping mana as I clot away all his bleeding.  I honestly wouldn't bother with longswords as anything but DK.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited June 2015
    Septus said:

@Iniar:
    I would use a sabre with mannaz flared and reflare the mannaz on my longsword attacks. I probably would not make it a goal to permanently uptime mannaz; just take the opportunity the longsword offers to reflare it when the situation permits it. The idea that you need to flare something on every dsl is why most rgs just aren't very scary. Of course, you also need to be mindful that the sabre locks out your enhancements. I'd recommend looking into scimitar viability for a passable aff speed that leaves those open, for when you encounter a situation where you can capitalise off of one (notably: addiction).

I would be using nairat for plants in most cases, personally. Assuming you have confined them to strictly being limited by herb balance, 2 seconds of advantage is huge as a knight, particularly with the bolt enhancement being a thing.

Loshre is much more situational and is more something to use for sealing the deal or sneaky things. I am sure there are some horrific things you can do with it and addiction, but I haven't really had a need to think about it much. But that is probably the angle I would start from if looking for nonstandard uses.

Yes, I feel like I've been trying to uptime mannaz too hard, that means a 2.75 dsl every 3 strikes. I guess the burning question is really, when fighting solo, when is an appropriate time to use a longsword attack, given that any single strike is never going to trigger haemophilia (we got close with athletic heavy serrated L3 longsword - 16/17 bleed with a single strike)? If the answer is 'never', then when should I be flaring mannaz knowing that my 2.14 dsl will now become 2.75? Put another way, when would it be appropriate to use nairat to block a cure? Any time that nairat is available? When I am about to move off my kelp stack into the nightshade section? When I am about to hit slickness? This is one of my burning questions. 

I also agree with the nairat-plant statement. I do feel that it is perhaps easiest to follow and I will be looking to use it for plants.

I like love the Bolt enhancement, though in a solo fight, I feel like I will very rarely get into the situation where I can expect the enemy to have 65% health and me stacking up some afflictions -unless- I open with a couple of hard reaves/claymore slashes, proc the addiction with a loshre flare and stack it all up on top of it. If they happen to be suffering from enough damage ticks from nausea or sunallergy, I guess I could use an enhanced scim to get that addiction on for some lovin' + lightning. 

I also agree that loshre feels like it could be used to abuse something(s). It certainly has a shorter cooldown and can maximally lengthen the focus length to about 5.6s.

Kryss said:
    Focus on giving physical on afflictions, nairat for plants, mannaz with longsword when you go to shred. Transfix, impale, disembowel (reave).
    I guess when I'm trying to beat wytch (lol), I've been trying to push wunjo-unblind high for that transfix. Trying to hit through confusion/lethargy/clumsiness is hard work. Similarly, when fighting high output classes, I guess I run into a similar dilemma - needing to push stuff higher like unblind and clumsiness means my stacking isn't as effective as I'd like it to be (I blame my tracking) and I was hoping that the rune flares would rescue my faltering aff rate/tracking (it hasn't). Heh. :consternation:

Khizan said:

The big thing about using longsword as a not-DK is that you have to hope your opponents are not going to aggressively clot out of haemophilia range after every one of your DSLs.

Septus can't stick haemo on me as a Templar no matter what he does because he can't ever proc haemo; none of his affliction weapons deal enough damage to force me to sip health, which means he can't ever prevent me from just sipping mana as I clot away all his bleeding.  I honestly wouldn't bother with longswords as anything but DK.

Yeap, I agree - I pretty much use shred because it's 'free' for me to try when I flare mannaz. I hardly expect it to land haemophilia against anyone competent (or even not competent, one slash/shred every three dsls is pretty much not ever going to happen - although funnily enough it has worked a few times!)

I guess the big take away is to not use mannaz as frequently as I have been using, but perhaps just preload with the two shots, then maybe around affliction #4/5, flare mannaz again. #unsure #testing #funtimesahead

Thanks for input guys.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Look at it like this. Sabre or scimitar speed is enough to stack afflictions without anything else. Flares are a bonus. Having easy access to transfix makes disembowel simple and you can do something like disembowel/sowulu for extreme damage with just a few afflictions stuck. If they're still alive then one of those Runeguard reaves will probably do the trick. I'd work on affliction use, making sure to tailor the actual afflictions to the matchup.

• Switching to a scimitar for mannaz is always on the table instead of longsword. If you're going to be slower because of the eq, you may as well get something out of it (be it a tiny bit more damage or the chance for the enhancements to fire).

Wytch will be extremely hard because you're a combo class, so confusion smashes you doubly as hard. Rage might help, I dunno how fast rg offense builds now.

I can't really give you an accurate time when to use nairat/loshre. I manualled runeflares so I could use them when I knew my aff rate was going to fall behind curing (basically that point when you know they're going to get two herbs inside the dsl instead of the optimal one). Plus, situationally you might want to hold out on burning the cd even when technically it'd be a good time, depending on the person and how good they are at dodging your late game.

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited June 2015
    You and Baasche ride your mounts to the centre of the tilt, nod your heads at each other, and slowly canter to opposite sides of the tilt.
    Wheeling your mount around, you drop your lance down so that it points at Baasche, simultaneously kicking your heels into your mount's ribs.
    Giving a slight slap of the reins, you urge your mount to increase its speed.
    You begin moving your shield right.
    Baasche settles his weight down into his saddle, his weight pressed forward.
    You change your grip on your shield and move it over so that it is protecting the left side of your body and the surrounding area.

Confused. I moved shield to the right, and it protects the left?

• I think it's referring to the direction that time from my perspective. It's weird.
  • Verbatim from the HELP JOUSTING file:

Target areas include: Left head, head, right head, left shoulder, left upper body, upper body, right upper body, right shoulder, left arm, left lower body, right lower body, and right arm. This means it is possible to move a shield (or lance) to the right, and get a message that may not make sense at first. For example, You move your shield to the right and you are now protecting the left side of your body. You moved from your left arm to your left body.

• IniarIniar Australia
    So I guess the default starting position of the shield is left arm.

| Left head | Head     | Right head  |
    Left sh | Left UB   | Upper B  | Right UB    | Right sh   |
    Left ar | Left LB   |          | RIght LB    | Right arm  |

I guess a left lean shifts the whole thing to the right x 1?

• edited June 2015
    I haven't jousted in a long time, but that guess seems to be right. Weird that there isn't a 'lower body' though, I can kinda see how adding a new row for 'body' would add in a lot more stuff, but if you have left/right lower body, there SHOULD be a lower body. What happens if you move down from upper body?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    No idea. :S Will let you know if I find out.
  • One of the first things I was told about jousting, is that if you are actually trying to get more proficient at it because you're a knight and want to be able to joust fairly reliably, just win trade.  Period (so don't get fancy, just spur once, and nudge up when it's your turn to "win").  And having done it, I'd even add, make sure you and your regular partner stay really close to the same skill level :/  If you are already doing thist and are just  interested in mastering the actual jousting system, disregard - but going by some of your "I Hate" posts, you might be making something that is incredibly painful no matter what, even more painful (although I'm not actually sure).  Anyway, if you're not doing it that way already, do it that way.  Is it gaming the system?  God, I don't know, but if it is, I am pretty okay with it (seriously, getting anywhere is still incredibly painful).   
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Yea we were trying to find out the 'cheapest' sure win. Some methods consume more lances than others.
  • I hadn't thought much about it, but I think having the designated loser ride a significantly smaller, lighter mount might help (all other things being roughly equal).  Worth trying unless someone knows for a fact it doesn't affect it.    
  • IniarIniar Australia
    If we're alternating win/losses, that would necessitate a mount change every cycle. 
  • edited June 2015
    It would, yeah.  Wouldn't be such a problem if it weren't for the way stabling/kennels work :/  I do still wonder if it matters.  

If you and your partner are both trans taming you could just trade mounts back and forth, heh.  
  • The cheapest method now probably includes the loser keeping a single lance in their inventory so that they lose as soon as they break one lance. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    I figured out that high velocity (spur mount) increases the chance of 'ending' the joust earlier (~1 round) than stock standard speed, though it yields a W/L of 1:3 - 1:4 on stock standard. The 'win' formula I have against stock standard yielded 40+ wins interspersed with 6 draws and no losses, but takes ~3 rounds at approximately the cost of 2-5 lances for both players.
  • edited June 2015
    I've been away from Linux for a long time. trying out Ubuntu 15.<something> now and HOLY CRAP I'M CONFUSED. =(

(Maybe I should have went to Kubuntu again or something =( )
  • Just have the loser nudge their lance so far over to the side that they continually miss; this will make it practically impossible for them to win since they won't even be able to break a lance.

• IniarIniar Australia
    @Shou @Ultrix @Jeremy

Individual strigoi can only be drained once every 48 hours now, just like the wraithlords.

Question: after beating a strigoi, how long does the 10% of damage last? Until I log out? 24 hours? Until Silantor is dead? :clueless:
  • I spoke with @jeremy after the change was announced, mentioning that it's only fair to have wraithlords at 1 per 48 and strigoi at 2-48, since there's no justification in forcing a group to wait an entire day just to get 100% damage on silantor, even if he is the easier boss. He said he would look into it, so.. let's hope.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    How long does the bonus last, @Shou? 24 hours?
  • Name : Perspicacity
    Cooldown : 2 hours
    Effect : A 5%, 10%, or 25% bonus to bashing XP gain in the area for sect members for one hour. Multiple active relics further increase XP gain.

Is there an actual cap on how high the area % can go?

Name : Creed
    Cooldown : 1 hour
    Effect : A 10%, 20%, or 30% bonus sect-wide to belief gained from sacrificing for the next 5 minutes. Does not stack.

Does this bonus work only if sacrificing in the room in which the creed relic(s) have been activated?
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • @iniar, I've had it last a few months, never tried to see how long it would last.
  • Eldreth said:
    Name : Perspicacity
    Cooldown : 2 hours
    Effect : A 5%, 10%, or 25% bonus to bashing XP gain in the area for sect members for one hour. Multiple active relics further increase XP gain.

Is there an actual cap on how high the area % can go?

No cap.  If it got really excessive we might look into it, but none for now.

Name : Creed
    Cooldown : 1 hour
    Effect : A 10%, 20%, or 30% bonus sect-wide to belief gained from sacrificing for the next 5 minutes. Does not stack.

Does this bonus work only if sacrificing in the room in which the creed relic(s) have been activated?

No, you may sacrifice in any room.  It wouldn't make sense for people w/o a portable altar to require people to be in a shrine room.
  • What does 'status' and 'info' do? They don't show probation. Would it possible, if they aren't being used, to move someone's position name to the status field, while still showing the rank name in the first field?
    ************************[ The Sect of the Unspeakable ]************************
    Member               Rank                      Status          Info            
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ario                 Sect leader

• edited July 2015
    Status is used to show if they have the channel disabled.

For cults, the Info entry notes if they are the leader (as there are no other ranks). It appears to be unused for sects at the moment, but is reserved for future use.

Including the position name there has width issues, as we avoid creating tables wider than the default wrapwidth. We could possibly include (but truncate) the name, but I'm not sure what the original intent of the Info field was for sects so I'm not going to commit to it.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote