Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• I heart that I actually remembered to check my design times.
    <PSA>Things that existed when the system went in are down to just over a RL month left, so you may want to DESIGN REFRESHALL</PSA>
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • I heart the ending of The Last of Us. I also heart beating it so I can finally play Imperian again.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”

• Bathan said:
    I heart the ending of The Last of Us. I also heart beating it so I can finally play Imperian again.
    Yah, the game was pretty amazing if you look at it from a narrative standpoint. I'm still sitting back  for a bit before I tackle the new game plus.  It really was just a punch in the gut the  whole way through.  And even the ending, I mean damn.

Still by far one of my most favorite "right in the feels" games of all times.
  • I loved the storyline and the mechanics, but am I the only one that things the game was extremely short?

• Ragnar said:
    I loved the storyline and the mechanics, but am I the only one that things the game was extremely short?
    Are we sure we're still talking about games? 
  • Ragnar said:
    I loved the storyline and the mechanics, but am I the only one that things the game was extremely short?
    I took my time and explored a fair amount and also  tried super hard to be stealthy.  I also took frequent breaks because  I just felt like  it  was making me  too tense if I wasn't taking the breaks.  I honestly don't know how long it took me to beat it, but I felt like the length was about right.
  • Guess I will have to try that one. I was trying to avoid any distractions.

Although, my PS3 died a month ago. So maybe not.

• Selthis said:
    Ragnar said:
    I took my time and explored a fair amount and also  tried super hard to be stealthy.  I also took frequent breaks because  I just felt like  it  was making me  too tense if I wasn't taking the breaks.  I honestly don't know how long it took me to beat it, but I felt like the length was about right.
    I played it for about two or three hours a day over the course of a week, and yah, I also went for the stealth option, mostly because I'm awful at using anything other than the shotgun. I took breaks but mostly because I wanted to actually enjoy the game and after some super tense encounters, I was just kind of exhausted. The ending could've been terrible and incredibly cliche, and I was glad it wasn't. Joel has to be one of my top five favorite protagonists ever.

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • These three lines from my prompt trigger are part of why I'm beginning to fall in love with Lua(and Mudlet, by association). It feels so graceful.

oldEq = eq or true

eq = (matches[7]=="e" and true or false)

cecho(curHealth .. "H" .. maxHealth .. " " .. curMana .. "M" .. maxMana .. " " .. (bal and "b" or "-") .. (eq and "e" or "-"))

• Why not just use the inbuilt custom prompt? (If that's not what that is, then my bad)
  • That's trivial to do in zscript as well. It's also much simpler to just grab it out of gmcp, especially in mudlet where gmcp handling is cleaner than cmud.
  • I heart Menoch, for bringing me back to Stavenn. I heart Lionas, for making me want to learn things. I heart Sietta, for being an old face and bringing back memories. Leisane too for the same reason. I heart Imperian, for still being able to surprise me.

But most of all right now I heart that I'm reinstalling Mass Effect 1 for some old fashioned futuristic space funzies.

• I heart the new Necropolis mobs and how they all have "personality", like the annoyed wraiths and pompous regal ghosts.
  • I think y'all missed my point there. Lua's "and" and "or" work in a way that lets you use "a and b or c" as a ternary operator(with a negligible exception when b is false).

I store prompt information because it's good to have when coding various things(recklessness tracker, low health alerts, etc). I did it simply enough in Cmud. I was worried for a while that Lua had no way to do %if(a,b,c), but it has it's equivalent in (a and b or c), similar to C's (a ? b : c). The "oldCurHealth = curHealth or 1" functionality to deal with undefined variables is pretty awesome too. Lua just feels natural to me, for whatever reason.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    I heart that the attitude that made me leave Stavenn is pretty much all gone. Sure we're all still snarky demonic Imperials, and I think there's a light superiority complex in basically every single one of our characters there, and that'll probably always be the case. But the general backstabbery, lying, etc, that made being a leader in this city suck, I barely see at all.

...that or I'm about to be supplanted for a traitorous heretic and everyone is really good at it now as they've never been before.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Hereticsssss
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • There are cases when the hacked together ternary in lua doesn't work the way you'd expect, but generally it will be ok.
  • *sad*

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• *heroically sad*

• Imperian in Top 6 and people are wondering how it got there. 

Reminded me of this

• Summoner updates.  I want to set all the things on fire.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • We're actually almost about to beat Achaea. Let's do it!
  • @Svorai. I appreciate everything you do for the sect.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Kanthari said:
    Summoner updates.  I want to set all the things on fire.

His warcry is known to be, 'Charred bones. Cooked meat.'
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I <3 that if we can pull 83 votes, we'll be top IRE mud on TMS. Have we ever been top IRE?
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure