Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Yeah, cleansing currently bypasses reflections and prismatic. Should probably change that.
  • Garryn said:
    Yeah, cleansing currently bypasses reflections and prismatic. Should probably change that.
    This is now fixed.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Thanks!

• You are wielding:

You are holding:

"tonic267120" an amethyst tonic

You are wearing:

Number of matching objects: 1 (out of 129 total)

This bottle has been crafted from a sturdy piece of glass, with a crystal cork

shoved into the top, keeping the amethyst-hued tonic from spilling. The liquid

itself holds a strange thick consistency, its surface sparkling on its own

accord.

It weighs 5 ounces.

It bears the distinctive mark of Ohm.

What does the amethyst tonic actually do? 

09:27:55 Tonics

09:27:55 ---------------------------------

09:27:55 Command: DRINK <tonic>

09:27:55  

09:27:55 There are five types of tonics. All are one use items.

09:27:55 - XP Tonic: +10% XP to your next Bashing, PK, or Quest Level. This amount of xp

09:27:55 is then added to your general XP as well.

09:27:55 - Gold Tonic: Increases the amount of gold dropped from mobs for 60 minutes.

09:27:55 - Burrowing Tonic: Can use the BURROW for 60 minutes.

09:27:55 - Flying Tonic: Can FLY for 60 minutes.

09:27:55 - Water Breathing Tonic: Can breathe underwater for 60 minutes.

• edited April 2016
    The Amethyst Tonic is the XP tonic. I've added color information to the help file. The three ability tonics are all sapphire, but it doesn't look like there's a way for players to tell which ability they contain. When I'm back at a computer I'll add that information to them.

EDIT:
    The sapphire tonics will now show which ability they contain in a parenthetical in INFO INV/INFO HERE, and when probed.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • This character is not eligible for retirement. You would need to increase its worth by 59968 credits.

This seems wrong? Should I just bug Kristos?
  • Your character has never really purchased any real credits. Spins and credits from winnings from spins are free credits and are worth nothing to your character value.

• edited April 2016
    How is that I had another character worth 586 credits that I am certain I purchased far less(maybe 2 Iron Elite when that was brand new?) than?

Does it subtract from my value if I win free credits?
  • The  amount of them its telling him he need to buy seems bugged though, no?
  • So I think I figured out how the "value" works. It seems if you win credits on the wheel it simply subtracts that value from your total credit worthiness, regardless of what you do with the credits. Roughly 60k makes sense as to how much I have "won" on spins, not taking into account what I put back into the wheel or what I spent on credits or gave away. 

Seems like an odd way to calculate somebodies credit value when it is an event that you want me to purchase spins(which I did the first month). I am unsure of their total credit value but I would have to combine 3-4 of the high-rollers simply to retire a character because I got lucky in a game of chance, when you -want- people to buy spins in order to raise your revenue. I mean I get it, you don't want someone to buy 5 spins and win 60k and then retire with 50% of that and go to another mud or just never buy credits again. Think it would make more sense to just not include them at all and pretend they never exist, but that would probably be more work or I am missing . Just means I will never get to retire Kristos, even if I wanted to.
  • To be fair - character value should in my opinion be based on lifetime purchase of -anything-, not just regular credits.
  • Kristos said:
    So I think I figured out how the "value" works. It seems if you win credits on the wheel it simply subtracts that value from your total credit worthiness, regardless of what you do with the credits. Roughly 60k makes sense as to how much I have "won" on spins, not taking into account what I put back into the wheel or what I spent on credits or gave away.

This seems like a bit of an unintentional coding thing. At the very least, it should subtract the value of "free stuff" you've put back into the system (such as paying won credits for more spins).

• Yeah Senali needs to purchase like another 1350 more credits for me to retire her, and I haven't really won anything from the wheel. It just got massively tanked down from ~300-1000 when I changed from Outrider to Berserker.
  • edited April 2016
    Anybody able to explain this?

<428H99 545M93 0b > 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    You stare at yourself, giving you the evil eye of breach.
    Damage Taken: 34 magickal, mental (raw damage: 31)
    Your curseward has failed!
    You have lost the curseward defence.
    You stare at yourself, giving you the evil eye of paranoia.
    Damage Taken: 34 magickal, mental (raw damage: 31)
    Unthinking paranoia overcomes you.
    You are afflicted with paranoia.
    Balance Taken: 2.22s
    <359H83 508M87 0b > 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    Autocuring: sip health
    You take a drink of an elixir of health from a twisted oaken vial.
    Health Gain: 70 16.28%
    The elixir heals your body.
    <430H100 508M87 0b > 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    [Afflictions:]
    [Afflicted by: [impatience] Cure: [mandrake(3)] (`1)]
    [Afflicted by: [vertigo] Cure: [orphine(9)] (`2)]
    [Afflicted by: [dizziness] Cure: [mandrake(9)] (`3)]
    [Afflicted by: [claustrophobia] Cure: [orphine(9)] (`4)]
    [Afflicted by: [masochism] Cure: [orphine(8)] (`5)]
    [Afflicted by: [epilepsy] Cure: [laurel(7)] (`6)]
    [Afflicted by: [dementia] Cure: [wormwood(9)] (`7)]
    [Afflicted by: [stupidity] Cure: [orphine(4)] (`8)]
    [Afflicted by: [paranoia] Cure: [wormwood(9)] (`9)]
    The walls close in to suffocate you - you must escape!
    A wall blocks your way.
    Your limbs begin to jerk and shake uncontrollably, and you begin to foam at the mouth.
    Balance Taken: 3.20s
    With the heel of your palm, you smack yourself upside the head.
    Damage Taken: 15 blunt, physical (raw damage: 39)
    <414H96 508M87 0b > 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    You feel an aura of rebounding surround you.
    You have gained the anti-weapon field defence.
    <414H96 508M87 0b > 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    A wall blocks your way.
    <414H96 505M87 0b > 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    Your limbs begin to jerk and shake uncontrollably, and you begin to foam at the mouth.
    Balance Taken: 2.20s
    (Lithos): Recovered Elixir Balance! 4.5360000000073
    <414H96 505M87 0b > 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]'9 affs
    You say, "9 affs."
    You smile with pleasure as you ram your fist into your jaw.
    You have lost the anti-weapon field defence.
    Damage Taken: 15 blunt, physical (raw damage: 39)
    The pentagram on your skin flares, healing some of the damage done to your body.
    Health Gain: 18 4.19%
    Autocuring: smoke pipe with linseed
    You take a long drag off your pipe, filling your lungs with linseed smoke.
    <416H96 505M87 0b > 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    A wall blocks your way.
    <416H96 505M87 0b > 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]demon flay me
    You nod grimly at your Ouroboros, and it advances rapidly towards yourself, stopping mere inches
    from your face. The demon's many eyes glow brightly, and it releases an eerie scream that flays the
    very soul of yourself.
    Damage Taken: 173 psychic, mental (raw damage: 156)
    The pentagram on your skin flares, healing some of the damage done to your body.
    Ahh, you feel able to reason once more.
    You have cured stupidity.
    The onslaught leaves your mind reeling, but the effects of stupidity are gone.
    The onslaught has relieved Baasche of stupidity.
    Equilibrium Taken: 2.75s
    <260H60 505M87 0b <-- db>> 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    [Afflicted by: [paranoia] Cure: [wormwood(9)] (`8)]
    Autocuring: sip health
    You take a drink of an elixir of health from a twisted oaken vial.
    Health Gain: 73 16.98%
    The elixir heals your body.
    <334H77 505M87 0b <-- db>> 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    Autocuring: eat toadstool
    You take 1 toadstool, bringing the total to 559.
    You quickly eat a toadstool.
    Health Gain: 43 10.00%
    You feel your health and mana replenished.
    <377H87 563M97 0b <-- db>> 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    (Lithos): Recovered Balance!
    <377H87 563M97 0b <-b db>> 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    Health Gain: 30 6.98%
    <407H94 580M100 0b <-b db>> 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    A wall blocks your way.
    <407H94 577M99 0b <-b db>> 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]demon flay me
    (Lithos): Recovered Smoke Balance! 3.8489999999874
    <407H94 577M99 0b <-b db>> 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    You are once again able to form a curseward.
    <407H94 577M99 0b <-b db>> 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    (Lithos): Recovered Equilibrium!
    Autocuring: curseward
    You concentrate briefly and a shimmering curseward appears around you.
    You have gained the curseward defence.
    <407H94 545M93 0b > 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    You nod grimly at your Ouroboros, and it advances rapidly towards yourself, stopping mere inches
    from your face. The demon's many eyes glow brightly, and it releases an eerie scream that flays the
    very soul of yourself.
    Damage Taken: 309 psychic, mental (raw damage: 278)
    Aaaahhh. No one is out to get you after all.
    You have cured paranoia.
    The onslaught leaves your mind reeling, but the effects of paranoia are gone.
    The onslaught has relieved Baasche of paranoia.
    Equilibrium Taken: 2.75s
    <134H31 545M93 0b <-b db>> 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
    demon flay me
    You must regain your equilibrium first.
    <134H31 545M93 0b <-b db>> 26.53 0 100 [Sevhn SMN] [CW M:0]
  • You were off-balance from epilepsy the first time you did it.
  • (Ring): You say, "[Reporting]: Shardfall - the Bardosi Plains!"

Why so many shard falls in Bardosi?
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Flat targets are easier for the shards to hit?
  • Kristos said:
    So I think I figured out how the "value" works. It seems if you win credits on the wheel it simply subtracts that value from your total credit worthiness, regardless of what you do with the credits. Roughly 60k makes sense as to how much I have "won" on spins, not taking into account what I put back into the wheel or what I spent on credits or gave away. 

Seems like an odd way to calculate somebodies credit value when it is an event that you want me to purchase spins(which I did the first month). I am unsure of their total credit value but I would have to combine 3-4 of the high-rollers simply to retire a character because I got lucky in a game of chance, when you -want- people to buy spins in order to raise your revenue. I mean I get it, you don't want someone to buy 5 spins and win 60k and then retire with 50% of that and go to another mud or just never buy credits again. Think it would make more sense to just not include them at all and pretend they never exist, but that would probably be more work or I am missing . Just means I will never get to retire Kristos, even if I wanted to.
    I know it been an...interesting past 24 hours but just curious if my speculation is correct on this or if I am just missing something?
  • We may change it in the future, but that is an IRE wide practice right now. Purchased spins do not count toward value anyways. Only purchased credits and lessons.

• Jeremy said:
    We may change it in the future, but that is an IRE wide practice right now. Purchased spins do not count toward value anyways. Only purchased credits and lessons.
    Is it intentional that winning big on the wheel inflates how much you have to spend as @Kristos seems to have seen?
  • Apparently it's a coding thing.

If you were to buy 2,000 credits later on, it would only reduce the negative value you spent on the wheel. You can't retire and get those 2,000 back even if they get spent on arties. But they're looking into it.

You can't retire a character and get some of the credits back if they vanished on the wheel.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • I am not concerned with getting value with credits won, I just do not want them to negatively affect as they seem to be now. I also understand that if I lose any credits on the wheel or purchase a promo that anything spent on the wheel is gone as that is part of the risk involved. 
  • I am looking into this a bit more. Not sure we can change it, but I will see.

• How exactly does the bleeding mechanic work with bandages?  The time it takes bandages to expire seems abritrary and I've not been able to suss out the pattern to it, if there is one.
  • like Moss it's totally random AFAIK (like Moss in the sense of how long they last. The actual effect of Moss and bandages is very different)
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Aren't bandages supposed to stop the bleed from affecting health? Like the help file says that, or am I failing to English again?
  • My understanding is that bandages don't actually reduce the bleed variable that is being tracked on your character(that you can view through GMCP or through STAT), but only reduces the damage of the actual bleed ticks. Moss, clot, and shard clot are the only things I can think of that reduce the actual bleed variable.
  • That seems correct.  I was more curious what makes bandages "expire" (or moss as well for that matter)
  • edited April 2016
    I would guess there's a timer running that is repeatedly doing some sort of "if math.random(100) > 98 and Anette.bandageDuration > 3600 then Anette.killBandages() end" thing running every time the bleed damage ticks. @Garryn and @Eoghan could enlighten us? =D
  • I was always under the impression it absorbed a set amount of damage, before it got 'damp' and started absorbing gradually less, eventually falling off all together.