Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Sometimes when bashing (Predator, if relevant), my balance time for attacks goes from 2.00s, to 2.54s. It does it for a fair stretch each time. There are no afflictions under diagnose. Why would this happen? It's probably something super obvious, so don't judge me.
  • What mobs are you bashing?  Some of them have attacks that increase your balance time.
  • @Juran said to begin each combo is Vae-Sant for quickest balance.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • While bashing, that isn't possible for every attack. But the average bashing attack most people used when I was last predator would alternate between vae-sant and ein-fasit.
  • JuranJuran Ohio
    edited April 2016
    Juran said:
    While bashing, that isn't possible for every attack. But the average bashing attack most people used when I was last predator would alternate between vae-sant and ein-fasit.
    Apparently this is different now if you use ATTACK. Who knew!
  • Zerin said:
    Sometimes when bashing (Predator, if relevant), my balance time for attacks goes from 2.00s, to 2.54s. It does it for a fair stretch each time. There are no afflictions under diagnose. Why would this happen? It's probably something super obvious, so don't judge me.
    Come find one of us in game next time you are around and we'll try to help you sort it out. You shouldn't be seeing such drastic changes in your balance times if you are using the ATTACK <thing> command (in fact, you shouldn't see any changes -- as athletic predator, you should have a fixed 2.0 balance time regardless of whether you are going EF-VS-EF or VS-EF-VS).
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Is it an armour shield thing? (It's always an armour shield thing)
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I attached a token fine leather wriststrap to my glaive. When it decayed, only a regular wriststrap appeared in my inventory.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • I attached a token fine leather wriststrap to my glaive. When it decayed, only a regular wriststrap appeared in my inventory.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Issue yourself on this and I will look into it today.

• You discern that you are standing in the Redwood's Domain.
    Your environment conforms to that of Forest.
    You are in the Khandava Arena.
    You have explored 100% of this area.

evoke rainstorm
    You are unable to affect the weather from here.

If this is not a bug, surely with the druid changes this does not need to be..
  • Iluv said:
    You discern that you are standing in the Redwood's Domain.
    Your environment conforms to that of Forest.
    You are in the Khandava Arena.
    You have explored 100% of this area.

evoke rainstorm
    You are unable to affect the weather from here.

If this is not a bug, surely with the druid changes this does not need to be..
    Is the room set as outdoors?  I've noticed (and typo'd) a handful different rooms recently that probably should be outdoors, but werent (or indoors but werent)
  • JuranJuran Ohio
    edited April 2016
    Weather has been disabled in the arena since the time of Maelstrom. It doesn't need to be, but there it is.
  • "Yes you can do deliver/mount - as you would be left behind if you sent him to deliver. You cannot have seek/mount - as that is auction only."

• edited April 2016
    Dicene said:
    I would guess there's a timer running that is repeatedly doing some sort of "if math.random(100) > 98 and Anette.bandageDuration > 3600 then Anette.killBandages() end" thing running every time the bleed damage ticks. @Garryn and @Eoghan could enlighten us? =D
    Bandages reduce the damage taken from bleeding (but do not reduce the underlying bleed amount of the character). Bandages have a random chance to be removed each time they reduce bleeding damage. The amount reduced does not change over time. Unlike the moss tattoo, there is no minimum duration for bandages. The chance for the bandages to be removed is lower for those gaining the ability from a class skill (currently Pioneering and Trailblazing) than for those able to use them due to having the ability in Survival (meaning those with the class skill will keep their bandages longer on average).
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited April 2016
    Eoghan said:
    Bandages reduce the damage taken from bleeding (but do not reduce the underlying bleed amount of the character). Bandages have a random chance to be removed each time they reduce bleeding damage. The amount reduced does not change over time. Unlike the moss tattoo, there is no minimum duration for bandages. The chance for the bandages to be removed is lower for those gaining the ability from a class skill (currently Pioneering and Trailblazing) than for those able to use them due to having the ability in Survival (meaning those with the class skill will keep their bandages longer on average).
    Thanks for clearing that up, Eoghan!  Especially the last bit, as what puzzled me was that bandages from outriders seemed to stick around longer but it seemed like the skill was identical - I guess they aren't though :)

I wonder if there could be at least some very small minimum duration though?  I have had bandages expire after a couple ticks before.  I guess I was channelling @Ohm 's luck :(
  • Is a spyglass affected by obfuscation?

• Ohm said:
    Is a spyglass affected by obfuscation?

It currently is not affected.

• If I use ARTIFACT UPGRADE POWER to upgrade the power on an item which has a customization, do I lose the customization?
  • No, you do not. I upgraded the power on my L2 bracelets and kept the customization.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I'm guessing outrider/amazon/Jeremy's cloaks only work for the respective professions?

Damage Type    Armour    Resists
    Cutting        66%       2%
    Blunt          66%       2%
    Magickal       0%        52%
    Fire           0%        19%
    Cold           0%        0%
    Poison         0%        33%
    Asphyxiation   0%        14%
    Electricity    0%        24%
    Psychic        0%        25%

Resistance modifiers for fire damage:
    Statpack Damage Modifier: 10%
    Frost Elixir: 10%

Resistance modifiers for cold damage:

It offers the following defences:
    Fire:                    12%
    Cold:                    12%
    An Outrider's cloak has no toxins or effects on it.
  • You need a trailblazing skill to get the resists from the cloak, AB TRAILBLAZING BODYHEAT.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• The amount of people I had to tell that, in Ithaqua.. Was kinda depressing, given how long so many of them argued with me about it for :/
  • Well resists <damagetype> would list it if you did get the effect, presumably. But I wasnt sure.
  • In AB CHIVALRY BANISHMENT it states

Syntax: ENHANCE  WITH BANISHMENT

While wielding a weapon with this effect, the Flare ability in Devotion can strip the prismatic barrier. It will always use up a random rite to do so, not letting you pick. The rite will not be used up if the Faithroot empowerment is also present.

but I can find nothing in the ABs about Faithroot?

• Faithroot is no more. The effects of faithroot were just baked into Flare natively.

• Hmm, time for a typo report then!
  • Hey, so... I worked out why my balance is going to 2.54s! It's cover, haha. I just didn't realise because cover still works even if the person leaves the room. Derp derp.
  • I'm honestly not sure, but QUEUE REPORTING OFF should gag the messages right?

Trying to make my bashing use the queue in a non-spammy way.  I can gag this client side if I want easy enough but seems like its better to do it server-side if there's an option.  But I might be misunderstanding what that command is supposed to do.

Your queue will no longer echo the command.
    Last round you had no net change to health or mana.
    5 round average of a net loss of 29 health.
    BALANCE queue cleared.
    EQUILIBRIUM queue cleared.
    EQBAL queue cleared.
    Attack undead added to your EQBAL queue.
    A circular chamber.
    You see exits leading north and in.
    You do not see that here.
    Your queue will echo your command.
  • Removing things from queue doesn't get gagged either way, it just gags a message that informs you of what your queued actions were, when they actually fire.
  • Dicene said:
    Removing things from queue doesn't get gagged either way, it just gags a message that informs you of what your queued actions were, when they actually fire.
    I wondered.  Okay.  I'll have to do it client-side then.  I was just wondering if it was a bug (which I should report) or by design, in which case heyoo gags ahoy.