Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Cadeyrn said:
    Can we have that PATH GROUP commands in a file somewhere?

I may have missed this being added in somewhere.
    It is in HELP PATHFINDING, but that file could be written better.

• Also, just entering PATH shows the syntax for PATH GROUP as well.
  • ink starburst on any of me
    You do not possess the ink that is required to create a starburst tattoo.

Can we get something that says
    You do not possess the red ink that is required to ink a starburst

You do not possess the red, purple, and yellow ink that is required to ink a starburst
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Can we have a combat dummy yet?

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • EMOTETEST please. So many interesting emotes to test. Zerbert? What could that even be? But I don't want to have to leave a room and emote on myself to test.
  • If we're adding expensive things to houses (and diminishing the role of guilds somewhat), could we pay equally stupid amounts of gold for guild rooms for classes we own?
  • edited December 2014
    I would love to have some sort of command or token that disables separator until the end of the command.

I've set up rt to do ("config separator off;rt matches[2];config separator " .. sep) but since you can't use separator for that, if I use that right before my system sends something(like while bashing, or in combat, or doing some kind of forging or arrow fashioning) or if a queued action pops at a bad time, the command can get sent between disabling and reenabling the separator. The normal solution to that kind of thing is to make use of separator, which you obviously can't use after configuring separator off. My next option would be sending "config separator \" with every single combo I send, and even that wouldn't work 100% since there's a chance that a "config separator off" will pop up between the "config separator \" and the command and ruin things.

As such, I really want a "raw" or "noseparator" or "nosep" command. Pretty please?

• IniarIniar Australia
    What are you using as your separator? Just curious. I use the pipe and the only thing I miss out on is :| <- this emote :|
  • I use \ because I actively insert the separator into a lot of handtyped commands and having it something so easy to use(one key, no modifier like shift required) saves a lot of little segments of time. I would switch, but I've got 2 years of muscle memory with it, and I only recently started to use a separator variable instead of hand-typing it into aliases and functions, so I'd have to dig though A LOT of code to remedy that. \ is a terrible choice in retrospect, but I'm in too deep to easily fix that. All I want is to be able to RT regex. =(
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Dicene said:
    I use \ because I actively insert the separator into a lot of handtyped commands and having it something so easy to use(one key, no modifier like shift required) saves a lot of little segments of time. I would switch, but I've got 2 years of muscle memory with it, and I only recently started to use a separator variable instead of hand-typing it into aliases and functions, so I'd have to dig though A LOT of code to remedy that. \ is a terrible choice in retrospect, but I'm in too deep to easily fix that. All I want is to be able to RT regex. =(
    Yeah it was a lot of pain to change everything to separator variable, but 100% worth it. 
  • So alias rt with...send("config separator off;rt "..matches[2]..";config separator //")
    ?
  • Bathan said:
    I expect flak on this, but I would seriously love some sort of Imperian daily wherein players receive a mission to kill like, 25 to 50 mobs in an appropriate zone (based on level) and then receive a random loot bag that's probably just trade mats/small amount of gold/mega slim chance to get a mini-pet/rare mount or something. It incentivizes not only logging in, but actually going out and doing stuff, especially for collectors looking to obtain super rare cosmetic items. If a daily seems like too much because of gold/material components, maybe make it a weekly quest and upgrade the chance at getting something neat by like 15%.

Part of my major issue whenever I come back to Imperian is that I'm level 107, I don't really need to be farming gold and I am usually waiting on certain people to log in for RP purposes. While I stay logged in now because of the appeal of Ironbeard, I fully expect to drop my time logged in substantially after the new year because, realistically, I just don't have anything to do aside from hop into skirmishes every few hours/scant RP where it's available. I love that Imperian's a big sandbox and my experience is always my own to shape, but some sort of super mild direction could only help give older players something to do while also providing an easy hook for newer players.

This could also be done in a way (and yes I'm totally just ripping off Warcraft for all of this) where players more interested in PvP could benefit in the form of kill quests, something like 'participate in 15 kills'. That's super easy to pull off during shardfalls/caravans.
    I have considered this for a while. Spawn waves are kinda like this. I will think about it some more.

• edited December 2014
    Juran said:
    If we're adding expensive things to houses (and diminishing the role of guilds somewhat), could we pay equally stupid amounts of gold for guild rooms for classes we own?
    What do other people think of this? I have semi considered this as well.

• Jeremy said:
    Juran said:
    If we're adding expensive things to houses (and diminishing the role of guilds somewhat), could we pay equally stupid amounts of gold for guild rooms for classes we own?
    I am other people! I see no reason why not.

graaaaaniiiittttte
  • Kabaal said:
    Jeremy said:
    Juran said:
    I am other people! I see no reason why not.

graaaaaniiiittttte
    I'm also pro letting people put cool stuff in their houses.
  • And Lins agrees for the hat trick.
    Today we shall die.
  • edited December 2014
    Open PK bashing areas. Something that has an incentive to get people to go, and it also generates combat. Essentially, the same philosophy behind shards and caravans, but smaller scale and more individually geared.

Edit - And I realize that Champion is fairly close to the above, but there is something to be said for a constant target on your back versus a temporary one.

Make the cobra automatically follow when summoned. Not a huge thing, but it's weird to me.

Drop the number of people needed for the arena queue to like 5. 10 seems a bit much with the population as it stands, and half of the people would probably be poked into joining for other people's purpose anyway.

• Cassius said:
    So alias rt with...send("config separator off;rt "..matches[2]..";config separator //") ?
    That's what I'm doing now. But since I can't separator those commands, if I use it while bashing a queued command can fire between the config separator off and config separator // lines, causing the queued command to fail(since no separator has been configured). That's the problem. No real remedy to it either, short of some way to escape separators, or to disable them for the entire command.
  • As a bandaide, you could put QUEUE BAL CONFIG SEPARATOR \ in front of your rt if you're off balance. Since it seems to fire before eqbal commands, that should cover you there. Obviously doesn't solve your problem in its entirety, but should eliminate the less desirable situations (screwing up an actual attack, etc).
  • Septus said:
    As a bandaide, you could put QUEUE BAL CONFIG SEPARATOR \ in front of your rt if you're off balance. Since it seems to fire before eqbal commands, that should cover you there. Obviously doesn't solve your problem in its entirety, but should eliminate the less desirable situations (screwing up an actual attack, etc).
    Queues will always fire in the following order (assuming their equilibrium and balance requirements are met): EQBAL, followed by BAL, followed by EQ.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Septus said:
    As a bandaide, you could put QUEUE BAL CONFIG SEPARATOR \ in front of your rt if you're off balance. Since it seems to fire before eqbal commands, that should cover you there. Obviously doesn't solve your problem in its entirety, but should eliminate the less desirable situations (screwing up an actual attack, etc).
    Or you know....just pause your bashing, paste your code, and then resume bashing :D
  • I'd love to see health and mana reserves in gmcp.Char.Vitals =D
  • Could we PLEASE get some sort of "Don't send this command unless I have eq and balance" thing going? A ton of the classes in this game are bal/eq combo classes now, and the bal/eq times rarely sync up. This means it's really easy to hit a command too early and mush them up so that you go bal/eq>eq instead of bal/eq>bal/eq. This is really stupidly frustrating.

And YES. I KNOW THAT I COULD USE THE QUEUE. I DO NOT WANT TO USE THE QUEUE. I do not want to automatically queue an action and worry about having to stop it if anything changes. I want to manually hit my attacks, I just don't want to worry about jumping the gun and mushing them together.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    Just wait until you have both back, then hit your button? What more do you want?
  • I want, well, exactly what I asked for? That would be why I asked for it, after all.

The issue here is that when you wait to get it back, you're adding a small but noticeable delay to all your attacks; not only do you have the reaction time delay imposed by recognition of the balance/eq messages and acting upon them, but you also have the full delay of your latency as well. This can be a very big deal in a game where tenths of a second matter so very much. For me, properly 'chasing balance' is the difference between a reliable raze/stab/stab/raze/stab/stab and having to raze/stab/raze/stab.

Having the ability to do something like "IFEQBAL spear stab iniar|surge animal" would be a huge quality of life thing.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Even though I am a big fan of using QUEUE, just predicting aura, and slowing enough to QUEUE after a cure I know will hit right before my attack, I think adding an IFEQBAL(maybe find a more eloquent command name) would be a big help to a lot of people. Hell, I'd consider using it myself if I knew a cure or aura is within 0.x seconds from coming up, just to ensure everything went through as smooth as possible.
  • Change meditation to go on even when you're at max mana. Just change the message to something different than the gaining mana version, which needs a small edit for mentioning willpower as well.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    @Khizan, this is very nearly the same scope I asked for when I asked for IFREBOUNDING RSL. It is very similar territory.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Odd. I just track equilibrium and balance and have my skills fire according to either one being true. I hardly use queue unless I need to cath or stop an instant kill.

Is it really that hard to track two variables? I must be playing wrong.