Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• JuranJuran Ohio
    edited November 2014
    Eoghan said:
    At the end of the day, using artifacts as powers (including for consolidation) is a vanity purchase. A small fee per-item for vanity purchases isn't unreasonable.
    Sure, though less outside vanity (that I want to be seen wearing less rings), and more that my inventory is 33 lines long at wrap width 120 and I have to run RegEx over every one of them when I use GMCP.Char.Items. If I had purchased all of those artifacts now instead of spaced out over the past ten years, I could have them looking like whatever I'd like. But since it's an old investment rather than a new one, I'm spending over half a new skillset worth of credits in 'vanity tax'.
  • I would like it to be possible to deposit gold to a city office, much like it is possible to deposit gold to guilds/sects/clans/townes. It sucks having to wait for someone else to log in just to allocate gold for something trivial.
  • LaethusLaethus Wichita, KS
    I would like to see Demon's Pass go back to actually being demon mobs.  We have the Underworld for undead bashing, but now the only demons I know of for bashing are the oroboros in Feinhorn.  
  • Laethus said:
    I would like to see Demon's Pass go back to actually being demon mobs.  We have the Underworld for undead bashing, but now the only demons I know of for bashing are the oroboros in Feinhorn.  
    The events of the Hammer of the Gods/Fourth Age event have a lasting impact on the world. Demons can no longer enter it in that manner.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Laethus said:

the underworld mobs are spirits, not undead
    Mercer said:
    Laethus said:

the underworld mobs are spirits, not undead

I thought they counted towards the undead count though.  I must have been mistaken.

Eoghan said:
    Laethus said:
    The events of the Hammer of the Gods/Fourth Age event have a lasting impact on the world. Demons can no longer enter it in that manner.

Yeah, that makes sense.  I went dormant around that time, so I forget about it.  I request a new demon bashing area then!

• That isn't likely to happen, for the same reason. Just creating a new demonic bashing area with a mcguffin as a method for them entering the world would remove the impact of a major player-driven world-impacting decision. Players made a permanent decision to remove demons as a primary faction.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Can you please stop putting your responses inside the quote tags? It's the most infuriating goddamn thing.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

Very sorry infuriate you.  I thought that's what you were supposed to do. 
    edited November 2014
    Also, now that it shows how much xp you gain, I'd also like to see the total xp I have and the number needed for the next level, maybe in SCORE?  Something like  Overall Level: 95  (75.11%) 7511/10000  (I know those wouldn't be the exact numbers, but it's a for instance.)  If that's not viable, I understand.  I just can't help but be curious now.
  • Hoping @Khizan 's classlead is effective considering a a full quiver of arrows is now 60,250 to make (a -whopping- 105600 if you add incendiaries and a hornbow). Factoring in armor and a glaive, cost of encampents, does that make Ranger the most expensive class now?
  • Can Outriders automatically get the spear AND the trident proficiencies? Failing that, can it at least be possible to buy the other proficiency from a trainer somewhere? I've got a shifting weapon that can be both a spear and a trident and I'd like the ability to swap forms between them, but there's no trainer for either of those proficiencies and so I am limited to one of them.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• You can switch the proficiency once per hour.
  • Change the "You have no vials containing that toxin." message to specify the name of the toxin.

Add a message on pipe smoking when the pipe runs out of whatever herb it is, making sure to specify the herb.

• Didn't get a chance to classlead this, but it's kind of a QOL idea anyway.

Would be nice if sketchlist or probing an active sketch shows the number of attacks left. As a bard, it's annoying having to insert a sketch back into the sketchbook to see the attacks remaining. It uses balance to insert or tear out a sketch and I don't think a balance loss should be tied for wanting to see how many attacks are left. 

• or have sketchlist show active sketches out
  • edited December 2014
    key designs?  Is there a reason we don't have this? I feel like there might be.
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • Gimme a groupwalk command or something that won't leave people behind.
    Oystir said:
    key designs?  Is there a reason we don't have this? I feel like there might be.
    The patterns haven't been unlocked.
  • Laethus said:
    Also, now that it shows how much xp you gain, I'd also like to see the total xp I have and the number needed for the next level, maybe in SCORE?  Something like  Overall Level: 95  (75.11%) 7511/10000  (I know those wouldn't be the exact numbers, but it's a for instance.)  If that's not viable, I understand.  I just can't help but be curious now.
    I will do something to make this information availible. 

• Gjarrus said:
    Change the "You have no vials containing that toxin." message to specify the name of the toxin.

I have done this one. Will load it later today.

• Would it be possible to have movement messages be consistent between when having CONFIG SPEEDWALK VERBOSE vs. CONFIG SPEEDWALK BRIEF?

Right now, if I am in BRIEF, when I PATH FIND / PATH GO I see:

Distance to 'Poplar wood': 10 Steps.

Path: w, n, nw, n, ne, w, w, s, sw, s

Use PATH GO to travel there.

You start speedwalking.

You walk west to 'Amid the edge of the Celidon forest'.

9 more steps to your destination.

You walk north to 'North-eastern fringes of Celidon forest'.

8 more steps to your destination.

You walk northwest to 'North-eastern fringes of Celidon forest'.

7 more steps to your destination.

You walk north to 'North-eastern fringes of Celidon forest'.

6 more steps to your destination.

You walk northeast to 'Dirt road north of a forest'.

5 more steps to your destination.

You walk west to 'Dirt road north of a forest'.

4 more steps to your destination.

You walk west to 'Vardarian Highlands near the north road'.

3 more steps to your destination.

You walk south to 'Vardarian Highlands near the north road'.

2 more steps to your destination.

You walk southwest to 'South of the Vardarian Highlands'.

1 more step to your destination.

You walk south to 'Poplar wood'.

Poplar wood.

You see exits leading north, east, and southwest.

You have reached your destination.

But when I'm walking in VERBOSE mode, I don't get any of the "You walk <DIR> to <ROOM NAME>" messages.  Instead I just see the room names, but no indication of the direction I've moved in (unless I am swimming):

Within Northern Celidon by bend in Stream.

A thick bramble of thin stems forms the tangle shape of a squat elder tree.

You see exits leading north, northeast, and southeast.

5 more steps to your destination.

Petrified Clearing in the Celidon.

You see exits leading north, northeast, south, and west.

4 more steps to your destination.

Northern Celidon by east bank of river Waelin.

A willow tree stands here, sagging branches nearly touching the ground in several spots around the trunk.

You see exits leading east and west.

3 more steps to your destination.

By the River Waelin.

You see exits leading east, southeast, south, west, and northwest.

2 more steps to your destination.

You begin to steadily swim west.

Bend in river Waelin through northern Celidon.

You see exits leading north, east, southeast, south, west, and northwest.

1 more step to your destination.

You begin to steadily swim west.

Poplars by bend in the river.

A willow tree stands here, sagging branches nearly touching the ground in several spots around the trunk.

You see exits leading east, southeast, and northwest.

Basically, would it be possible to get the "You walk ____ to ____" messages when walking in verbose mode as well? (Or at least make it a toggleable option for verbose mode to be backwards-compatible?)

• Hrm. That is strange. I will look into that.

• Okay. I have tweaked this a little. If you have speedwalking set to verbose, and config movement on, then the messages will appear as they do in brief speedwalking.

• Colored 3P movement messages for mobs and players (caveats for stealthitude, of course)

A "mob here" command.
  • Kabaal said:
    A "mob here" command.

You can make your own by using gmcp.Char.Items.List.items and checking against the location and attribute fields.
  • Ultrix said:
    Kabaal said:
    A "mob here" command.

You can make your own by using gmcp.Char.Items.List.items and checking against the location and attribute fields.
    I'm aware. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to have it as a built in feature.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I saw something about races and their home areas not too long ago. It'd be nifty if my written quarterly arts about the Arel and the Grey Pillar was made into that somehow.
    #WishfulThinking.
  • I think it'd be really great to indicate which wave an area is currently at in SURVEY. Along with that, if the area has a long timer before it starts from the beginning like Khous does, you might have a vague indication of how long that area will remain at peace before dead rise again. Until that is added(or in its stead), anyone got the wave messages for Demon's Pass, Khous, Necropolis, and/or the Underworld Areas?
  • Kabaal said:
    Colored 3P movement messages for mobs and players (caveats for stealthitude, of course)

A "mob here" command.
    I'll look into this in a couple days. Working on some event code right now.