Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Can we have a command to check how we transacted credits in the past 10 days or so. Sometimes I can't keep track. 

CREDIT REPORT TRANSACTIONS

You converted 5 credits to bound credits
    You converted 10 bound credits to lessons
    You bought artifact 104 spending 300 bound credits.
  • @Garryn / @Eoghan

Can mounted status (and maybe the mount, too) be included in gmcp.Char.Vitals pls? :(

Also minor but since all the other levels are in .Status, can fishing be included there too? For us plebs who aren't transcendent yet.
  • Instead of this constant spam: 
    (Antioch): An elite empath of the Protectorate says, "A Horde caravan has been spotted entering the Vardarian Highlands!"
    (Antioch): An elite empath of the Protectorate says, "A Horde caravan has been spotted entering the Dardanic Grasslands!"

... could this be replaced with something like: 
    (Antioch): An elite empath of the Protectorate says, "A Horde caravan has been spotted entering the Vardarian Highlands, moving through the Dardanic Grasslands, etc. etc.

Basically one CT to announce the route it's taking. 
    Whether the movement is announced is calculated separately for each area entered, and is announced when the caravan enters the area. Merging the messages would require precomputing those checks (which we don't want to do) and would be a loss of timing information.

Septus said:

Any chance we could get a more on KEYLIST? In addition/instead, could we get an optional arg like "INUSE" or something, to omit keys that no longer fit locks?

My keylist kind of terrifies me.

Keylist is now paginated. As for the rest of your terrifying keylist, punting on that for now. If you need to, you can remove the old keys.

Eoghan said:
    We'll consider it. We're also considering allowing credit donations back into an org's credit account. No promises yet though.
    You can now deposit credits into an organization account. We're still considering transferring personal credits as bound (in part because that part of credit code is shared across all IRE games, so it isn't a small change). Still no promises there.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited February 2016

You can activate the following achievement experience bonuses:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Duration            Available
    18 hours            5
    24 hours            7
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Each bonus provides double experience for its duration.
    Use ACHIEVEMENT BONUS ACTIVATE <hours> to activate a bonus.

Can we have a way to trade these in for a different reward? I'm unsure of what to request, but I'm content being Circle 111.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • OhmOhm
    edited February 2016
    ADs in Imperian

Would it be possible to provide an editor screen for ADs instead of just in-line description. Not sure if this is possible to do using the web-client.

Sometimes in-line descriptions are not enough to provide lists of items etc.
  • Usage:
       AD NEW <name>       (NOTE: New ads cost 100 gold)
       AD <id> RENEW       (NOTE: Renewing an add costs 100 gold)
       AD <id> INFO
       AD <id> DESCRIBE <description>
         or    EDIT
       AD <id> PRICE <price>
       AD <id> DELETE
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • So, er, is Urzog going to maybe help with some Love Festival stuff?  He is a super romantic kind of guy who enjoys matchmaking, swimming in his pool, and making thoughtful gifts for the ladies he hasn't cut into pieces.  Yet.  I mean.  I would totally play his love games.     
  • Would it be possible/likely to have shouts for champion and the artifact horns (or other sources) be counted seperately? that is if you have both your number of shouts per hour increases?
  • While there are different methods that give you access to shouts, shouts are tracked personally, not per source. This is deliberate, to keep them from getting out of hand as a worldwide form of communication.
  • It would be indescribably useful if shop logs actually showed the full months transactions. I keep my sales and Lyaewyn's separate (since we keep what we make ourselves for our own goals), and additionally I've had a random barrel get repriced three times now with no input from me or her (only shop ally) and can't go far  back enough to see how many people paid the wrong price :\

That aside it'd also be nice if herbs could some how be made to be listed the same as Herbs (In the last hour you sold x y z) because people have been buying plants in units of one, hundreds of times in a row because it screws up my log.

I know these probably won't happen but it'd be nice if something could.
  • Any chance that Reave in weaponmastery could have a displayed counter, to show what level its at?  Currently it's just a guess by trying abilities and that's sort of bleh.
  • edited February 2016
    Arakis said:
    It would be indescribably useful if shop logs actually showed the full months transactions. I keep my sales and Lyaewyn's separate (since we keep what we make ourselves for our own goals), and additionally I've had a random barrel get repriced three times now with no input from me or her (only shop ally) and can't go far  back enough to see how many people paid the wrong price :\

That aside it'd also be nice if herbs could some how be made to be listed the same as Herbs (In the last hour you sold x y z) because people have been buying plants in units of one, hundreds of times in a row because it screws up my log.

I know these probably won't happen but it'd be nice if something could.
    I think if shop logs proper consolidated purchases it would be trivial to have them go back a week or so.  Batching it by line item is clumsy, but right now as noted it won't even properly do that.

Suggestion: Make it batch all purchases of one item type within a certain time, and update after that person hasn't bought something from the store for X time.  I know from experience this is how one MUD I used to code for handled its logging for shops.  Each successive purchase added to a timer, after 1min it would 'seal' that log line.

[edit]: obviously this would be spammy if you did it for each shop->person->line item combination but it should be easy to make it just shop->person.  If the game heartbeat is frequent enough you wouldn't even need to make make a proper timer.  Just keep a timestamp somewheres in player variables and discard after x minutes, combine log messages, done.
  • Can logging or timing out not make you lose the profession you mirror'd with Ethereal Mirrors? I don't mind if the timer continues from when you start it, but quitting for a few minutes or timing out and having it stop work sucks.

• Its become a running joke with the people I hunt with occasionally.  "HEY DID YOU KNOW THERE WAS A CARAVAN?  HUH?  HUH?  HEY GUYS THERE'S A CARAVAN!"
  • I have multiple journals since a long time. I have no idea what I wrote on which page of a journal 

Would it be possible to introduce a skill in Perception to see what pages of a book have been written on (at first glance)

BOOKASSESS

You perceive writings on page 1,2,3,4,9,10,31,32 of this book. 
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Autocuring settings on GMCP? <3
  • I have trouble writing journals and letters because many passive defenses leech mana. 

Would it possible to lower the requirements of entering the editor while writing letters and journals to 90% or 95% of full health and mana. 

Not sure if this has major combat implications. 
  • Ohm said:
    I have trouble writing journals and letters because many passive defenses leech mana. 

Would it possible to lower the requirements of entering the editor while writing letters and journals to 90% or 95% of full health and mana. 

Not sure if this has major combat implications. 
    I would say 95% full health/mana, plus channel. Not a long channel, just like, 5 seconds or something.
  • I just do "eat toadstool|chelp edit whatever" or the like, it almost always works.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited February 2016
    Alternatively, it could just work like self-harm on a 'did I just hit/get hit' cooldown?

• "RELAX STARBURST will remove the defence once activated." -Achaea
    This function would be very nice if we could port it over to Imperian (and maybe for Redemption too?). For example I like to have starburst for bashing, but don't want it for PK usually since if I die once I'm just gonna burn through the starburst dying again.
  • Shard incentive discussion has been split and moved here.
  • Can falcons and kestrels be made to land on mittens?  They currently only work on gloves (and gauntlets, but there are no crafting patterns for gauntlets).
  • Can treasure map fragments be tradeable? I've spent around 600 credits on the wheel, and I've gotten 4 fragments. 

Unlikely many people will collect 10, and the prizes aren't worth buying 600 credits to get 6 fragments through credit purchases (for me).
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • What are the chances that the troggle could be made into a promo trade/market item?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • Can treasure map fragments be tradeable? I've spent around 600 credits on the wheel, and I've gotten 4 fragments. 

Unlikely many people will collect 10, and the prizes aren't worth buying 600 credits to get 6 fragments through credit purchases (for me).
    Yeah, very much this.  I'll probably get 1 or 2, but not a whole map, so unless there is some value to the fragments themselves, or I can sell or trade them this seems literally useless to me.
  • Can there be a way for pets to be moved from one stable/ kennel to another in one go.

There are people with 200+ pets and for them to move from one circle to another / or even just one city to another is just plain a drudgery. 

Perhaps a token ware or a minor artifact to help facilitate this.
  • Anette said:
    Can treasure map fragments be tradeable? I've spent around 600 credits on the wheel, and I've gotten 4 fragments. 

Yeah, very much this.  I'll probably get 1 or 2, but not a whole map, so unless there is some value to the fragments themselves, or I can sell or trade them this seems literally useless to me.
    This is now the case.

Ohm said:
    Can there be a way for pets to be moved from one stable/ kennel to another in one go.

There are people with 200+ pets and for them to move from one circle to another / or even just one city to another is just plain a drudgery. 

Perhaps a token ware or a minor artifact to help facilitate this.

It is not necessary to travel back and forth to transfer your pets. You can transfer a pet from the kennel or stable at which it currently resides to the one in which you currently stand using KENNEL/STABLE TRANSFER <pet>. Because this still has a gold fee, and the cost can get quite high if you have a lot of pets to transfer, we probably won't make a way to transfer multiple at once.
  • Eoghan said:
    It is not necessary to travel back and forth to transfer your pets. You can transfer a pet from the kennel or stable at which it currently resides to the one in which you currently stand using KENNEL/STABLE TRANSFER <pet>. Because this still has a gold fee, and the cost can get quite high if you have a lot of pets to transfer, we probably won't make a way to transfer multiple at once.
    As a compromise, could this be made a perk of the pawprint badge ware?  After all, it makes it so you no longer have to pay.