Skip to content

Treasure Maps

Comments

• You got treasure!
    You set about digging furiously.
    You unearth a gleaming phylactery!
    Balance Taken: 2.45s

As you tentatively open the small box, it bursts into brilliant golden light that blinds you completely. As 
    your vision slowly clears, a weak, quavering voice says, "I may be gone, Theophilus, but you shall take a 
    piece of me with you..."
    You have been granted an artifact upgrade token, a tattered map of Treslein's Keep and 5 Credits.

Yes, I have four treasure maps.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • No, what you have is a problem.  We're going to have to have an intervention my friend.
  • We will probably update the treasure map rewards at some point in the future as well.

• Jeremy said:
    We will probably update the treasure map rewards at some point in the future as well.
    You should extend the wheel for people who might want a map after learning that.

No, I'm not biased. 
    :-\"
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • I am actually not sure we will ever bring the treasure map pieces back, ever. If we do it will be a couple years at least.

• Jeremy said:
    I am actually not sure we will ever bring the treasure map pieces back, ever. If we do it will be a couple years at least.
    ... definitely might want to extend the wheel for people (like me!) who want a hack at getting a map then :c
  • You got treasure!

You unearth a gold tonic!

so far, this map hates me and wishes I never use it

• Both my maps got gold this time, I'll trade you it for the tonic :D
  • I was worried that the mechanic for the maps would be annoying. Is this a problem? Is it at least interesting? 

• I don't mind it, its like playing Shadow Lovers(which I like)

I just wish waiting for 2 weeks to get something it would be better?  Or at least worth the wait?
  • I'd just ask for the reset to be at the start of the year like everything else that works on a calendar.
  • Well, they are permanent, which is why they rewards have to be scaled pretty low. Overtime they are worth quite a bit.

• IniarIniar Australia
    I love my map. Wish I had bought a second.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I enjoy it honestly. Granted I am one of the crazy people who love bashing so not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing.
  • I wish my map came with a shovel.
  • Buy a spade...its only 5 tokens :D
  • The only time it gets tough is when it leads you to the desert or a split area like the Heartlands.

I think it's a fun little item, and valuable.

• I'm desperately trying to snap up fragments to make one before it's gone xP
  • Jeremy said:
    Well, they are permanent, which is why they rewards have to be scaled pretty low. Overtime they are worth quite a bit.
    That's true, but at the same time 1 tonic, which only lasts an hour is kinda of eh, if it was a couple of different ones, it would be more interesting.
  • Mercer said:
    Jeremy said:
    Well, they are permanent, which is why they rewards have to be scaled pretty low. Overtime they are worth quite a bit.
    That's true, but at the same time 1 tonic, which only lasts an hour is kinda of eh, if it was a couple of different ones, it would be more interesting.
    Easy fix could be that the TM gives versions of the tonics that last longer, or as Mercer suggests a couple different ones.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I think we should be careful wanting more from the map... After all, it is a long term item. Think of it as a mini portable wheel with a chance to win a phylactery.
  • Iniar said:
    I think we should be careful wanting more from the map... After all, it is a long term item. Think of it as a mini portable wheel with a chance to win a phylactery.
    Exactly!

• Jeremy said:
    Iniar said:
    Exactly!
    True enough but waiting two weeks to get a thing that works for an hour is very meh.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited April 2016
    Let me put it this way;

As a treasure map owner, you now belong to an exclusive club of crazy diggers who have a small but not impossible chance of winning something pret-ty-darn-good every 2 weeks. (unlike the rest of the suckers out there)

Brb

making treasuremap clan.
  • JuranJuran Ohio
    edited April 2016
    You unearth a gleaming phylactery!

You have been granted an artifact upgrade token, a tattered map of the Underworld Ithaqua and a gleaming phylactery.

You have been granted an artifact upgrade token, a tattered map of the Fortified Towne of Tirhin and 10 Credits.
  • Better buy a lotto ticket.
  • You got treasure!
    You unearth a beguiling sylphid!

• You got treasure!
    What the heck was she doing underground?

• Jeremy said:
    You got treasure!
    What the heck was she doing underground?

Dance party and YOU'RE NOT INVITED!