Skip to content

Treasure Maps

So I finished the treasure map extremely quickly, probably one of the first yesterday, and got myself a gold tonic. With news today that the last four listed on Vanity Pets are treasure map exclusive, I'm starting this thread to see what everyone gets because curiosity is a wonderful thing and starts up a conversation. Share what you get!

Comments

• Treasure maps are terrible and worthless, honestly.

One fragment trades in for 10cr, ten fragments to make a map. This means that unless the map gives you 100+ credits worth of value you'd have been better off just selling the map.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I got a a skull deathmask!

The treasure map is pretty great. You can use it once an in-game year to find loot. 

I assume that the promo items and familiars are things you can sell on the market, which could be a nice little credit bonus over time.
  • So the maps are permanent items? They sounded like another one-and-done to me.
  • From HELP TREASURE MAPS:

Treasure maps are a special item that players can use to discover buried treasure. The map can be used once every game year (about 12 days). In order to get a treasure map, you must get your hands on 10 treasure map fragments. You can then ASSEMBLE MAP (See HELP ASSEMBLY).
  • edited March 2016
    You're going to have to hold onto them for a long while to get value from them, with the stuff I've heard people getting from it being sub-10cr-on-market promo items.

And that's assuming you can even sell them.  That tier of stuff hardly moves.  Anyone whose tried to sell Atlas Pages knows what I mean.
  • Yeah, it seems like promotional items are the main thing, including treasure map exclusive vanity pets like I mentioned earlier...so nobody else has a map so far?
  • Quite a few people I talk to oocly have, but Andy is the one person I know IC who does.  Prevailing wisdom is unless you're in it for the long-haul, its best to just sell the fragments.

Granted, someone like me that's newish and doesn't have any of the promo stuff would get a lot more value than someone that has been snapping up the promo stuff religiously, for instance.
  • I got one of the new assemblies:

Moradeim anklet. It looks like:

The room grows dim as Theophilus glides out of the room towards the northeast upon the shimmering multi-coloured light of Moradeim.
    The shifting rays of Moradeim fill the room as Theophilus glides in upon the shimmering multi-coloured light from the northeast.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • I got 2000 gold from the treasure map. 

Even the map is screwing me over. 
  • If I was a dev, I would make it possible to get 34 credits.  Just to tease you wheel addicts.

... it's probably just as well I'm not a dev :P
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    I got a sphinx cub from my map.
  • I got one of the new assemblies:

Moradeim anklet. It looks like:

The room grows dim as Theophilus glides out of the room towards the northeast upon the shimmering multi-coloured light of Moradeim.
    The shifting rays of Moradeim fill the room as Theophilus glides in upon the shimmering multi-coloured light from the northeast.
    Ugh, you got a complete assembly? I just got a stupid mouthpiece. Wah. The least the map could do is give me a COMPLETE item, sheesh! 
  • a vial of condensed Sukhder moonlight

Two thin pieces of glass have been carefully shaped and molded into a vial, allowing the condensed moonlight 
    of Sukhder to be embedded between them. Ominous red lights pulse from the centre of the vial, allowing it to 
    glow on its own. A crystal stopper, that reflects the sanguine light across the room, has been placed as a 
    cork, keeping any liquids within from spilling out.
    It weighs about 1 pound.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Theophilus.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • a vial of condensed Sukhder moonlight

Two thin pieces of glass have been carefully shaped and molded into a vial, allowing the condensed moonlight 
    of Sukhder to be embedded between them. Ominous red lights pulse from the centre of the vial, allowing it to 
    glow on its own. A crystal stopper, that reflects the sanguine light across the room, has been placed as a 
    cork, keeping any liquids within from spilling out.
    It weighs about 1 pound.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Theophilus.

I have this too, and it's not functioning as an artifact vial like I believe it's supposed to. It's not showing up on elixlist or allowing me to pour from another vial into it. @Garryn

• Risca said:

I have this too, and it's not functioning as an artifact vial like I believe it's supposed to. It's not showing up on elixlist or allowing me to pour from another vial into it. @Garryn
    Hrm, fixed I think.
  • @garryn Are treasure maps supposed to reset at the start of each new year? Mine haven't reset.

• @garryn Are treasure maps supposed to reset at the start of each new year? Mine haven't reset.
    They reset an in-game year after you dig up the treasure, not at the beginning of the next in-game year.
  • Dec said:
    @garryn Are treasure maps supposed to reset at the start of each new year? Mine haven't reset.
    They reset an in-game year after you dig up the treasure, not at the beginning of the next in-game year.
    It feels like it'd be friendlier if it reset on the new year like stockings do.
  • Juran said:
    Dec said:
    @garryn Are treasure maps supposed to reset at the start of each new year? Mine haven't reset.
    It feels like it'd be friendlier if it reset on the new year like stockings do.
    Or at least change "This map has already been used this year." to "This map has been used within the past year."

And have a way to figure out how much longer until it resets.

• You got treasure!
    You set about digging furiously.
    You unearth a shifting anklet of Moradeim!

I already had one. 
    :|

• Probing treasure maps that have been used in the last in-game year should now tell you approximately how long you have to wait to use them again.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • 10964 gold.

As a side note, the area marked on the treasure map is just where the path starts. It's possible you have to go outside of the area following the path to find your treasure.

Mine was marked Sienna forest, but was found in the Egeria.

• 10964 gold.

As a side note, the area marked on the treasure map is just where the path starts. It's possible you have to go outside of the area following the path to find your treasure.

The room itself was actually marked as a room in the Sienna forest, but you had to pass through Egeria to get there. There is this occasional complexity of area design that does make some treasure map locations more difficult.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    10964 gold.

The room itself was actually marked as a room in the Sienna forest, but you had to pass through Egeria to get there. There is this occasional complexity of area design that does make some treasure map locations more difficult.
    I understand now. Thanks for clarifying. 

• Eoghan said:
    10964 gold.

Similarly, my last one was in the Heartlands, but it was the old Janus Temple part that is actually only tangentially Heartlands because it's entirely surrounded by Western Nolmines.
  • Got a vial. Happy with it already.
  • The universe is telling me to stop playing this game. 

Even the map hates me

1) 5000 gold
    2) 2 beans
    3) a familiar
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Scratching your head, you take a long look at a treasure map of Aetherius, trying to figure out where to go.
    It has a big red 'X' in the middle of 'Al'drym Woods'.
    You found the location. Now, just DIG up the treasure.

You step down off of a Graytrem draft stallion.
    You got treasure!
    You unearth a gleaming phylactery!
    Balance Taken: 6.95s

As you tentatively open the small box, it bursts into brilliant golden light that blinds you completely. As your vision slowly clears, a weak, quavering voice says, "I may be gone, Iniar, but you shall take a piece of me with you..."
    You have been granted a tattered map of the Village of Kragge and 3 gladiator tickets.
    You climb up on a Graytrem draft stallion.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • You got treasure!

You unearth 5177 Gold!

This round, the map was better off punching me in the face and trying to get gold from a free wheel spin