Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• edited November 2016
    :open_mouth:
  • How does one even get stuck into doing quests anyways? It's and PVP are the two areas of experience Anette is lagging in. PVP is easy enough to "fix" - it just takes time, programming, questions, and a lot of iteration. But I've found a lot of difficulty even trying to find the threads that begin quests. I was trying to go off other people's qhonors, but when going around and GREETing everything in the appropriate vicinity doesn't seem to work I'm left out of ideas.
  • The best way to get quest experience is to grind bosses in Necropolis/DP and give them to their respective turnin people. It's the most reliable and the most profitable.
  • Kyraic said:

The best way to get quest experience is to grind bosses in Necropolis/DP and give them to their respective turnin people. It's the most reliable and the most profitable.

Think she's referring to getting Qhonours, not quest experience in general... To that I'm not sure! You could try asking the people who've done them, I know Mercer is insanely helpful with hints.
  • Kind of talking both ends, since getting the XP and getting the qhonors are both on the list. Kalima was very helpful for figuring out the ones I had trouble with before but she's not around much anymore.
  • What does "a collar of hardened diachaim" do?
  • It's from an event a while back.

Supposedly it was going to do something in a future event, but no idea if that will ever happen. Currently, it does nothing.
  • Zerin said:

What does "a collar of hardened diachaim" do?

At the moment it gives a special message to the room when worn.
  • Some qhonours are obtained by special one time events but most can be done by following a certain sequence of events. Generally, the older quests tend to have less user friendly steps and require you to find someone who knows the quest already to complete or brute force some inane amount possible actions. On the other hand, there are older quests that are easily triggerable and people stopped bothering with them because they are boring and bashing for gold is so easy. Since the influx of new quests is so slow and questing became inferior to bashing and the fact that most people hit quest level 100 from Cairnae, finding questors who know the qhonours is hard. Also most people got the qhonours years ago so they forget how they got it. Good luck!
    fifth elephant - terry pratchett
  • Shou and Tikal are also very knowledgeable on old quests, so you might try reaching out to them if you have a specific quest or qhonour that is bugging you.

Pro-tip: You can pay Tikal for her time in the form of bad jokes.
  • I'll keep that in mind!
  • How did the towne hall go? I don't think I saw any summaries anywhere.
  • Was looking through my inventory and have no clue what "a sparkling pinecone candle" does
  • Mercer said:

Was looking through my inventory and have no clue what "a sparkling pinecone candle" does

From HELP STOCKINGS:

A sparkling pinecone candle
    LIGHT and EXTINGUISH CANDLE. A lit candle will catch anyone entering the room on fire.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited January 2017
    So, really confused about this: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/swgz0aSR

Can someone see where and why the Catharsis went through?
  • There was a bug that caused channeled commands to not be interrupted. It is now fixed.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • NOTE: Tradeins for artifacts are now based on what you paid for the artifact. This does not effect
    the vast majority of artifacts, but it will effect the tradein value of artifacts purchased during
    this sale.

For example, if you purchase a 1000 credit artifact at 40% off, it will trade in for 396 credits and
    not 660. This is because the item is valued at the 600 credits you paid. Our previous system would
    have traded it in for more then you had paid for it.

Does this apply to artifact upgrades? Say I purchase a hunters belt, do I get to upgrade it at the original price or the sale price? From what I'm reading its the latter, which discourages me from purchasing said artifact if I do intend to upgrade it later as I wont really be benefiting from the sale.
  • Does scout work on things that are indoors?
  • Gjarrus said:

Does scout work on things that are indoors?

99% sure.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Is there a gmcp for assessing character strength so that I can determine which shield I want to quickdraw?

If not, would I just have to use STAT to capture it via a trigger?
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • gmcp.Char.Status.statpack ??
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • Oystir said:

gmcp.Char.Status.statpack ??

Strength changes from modifiers, though.. Like runes and sect favours and soulstones.

• No, stats are not currently sent via gmcp. You can trigger SCORE or the shortened form SS, though.
  • Hi All, I am trying to locate an NPC or Library where I am LEARN TRAILBLAZING. Oystri very kindly showed me one in *I think* Antioch, I subsequently moved elsewhere then we a power cut IRL which nuked my session and the log, DOH!

:blush:
  • Aenedor said:

Hi All, I am trying to locate an NPC or Library where I am LEARN TRAILBLAZING. Oystri very kindly showed me one in *I think* Antioch, I subsequently moved elsewhere then we a power cut IRL which nuked my session and the log, DOH!

:blush:

Welcome to Imperian, and the forums! Since you're above level 31, you can no longer use portals, but you can use the pathfinding system (HELP PATHFINDING) to get around. You'll find tutors that can help you in both Antioch and Ithaqua, which you can get to using PATH FIND ANTIOCH and PATH FIND ITHAQUA. Once inside either organization, you can PATH FIND TUTOR to find your way to someone that can train you.
  • Hi Eoghan, pathing takes me to Bina the Blind in Antioch, when I type learn trailblazing i get message there is no tutor here who would be able to teach you.
  • Ah, I did neglect to mention that since you are above level 31, you will need to be a citizen of the organization to learn from either of those tutors. If you do not wish to join the organization, Tomas in Caanae can teach you (PATH FIND CAANAE, PATH FIND TUTOR), or another player that knows the skill may do so (LEARN FROM ).
  • Thanks Eoghan. I have contracted leprosy. I am chewing my way through many pieces of laurel bark but it is not being cured.
  • Hm. There is no leprosy affliction, though there is a leprosy skill which gives crippled limbs; curing them requires applying a mending salve. If you have some other affliction that is cured by laurel, then the laurel should be put into a pipe and smoked; laurel, lovage, and linseed are smoked to get their effect, rather than eaten (though eating linseed is also an alternative way to gain the deathsight defense).
  • Thanks again Eoghan, bought a pipe, now hunting for a way to light it :smile:

My symptoms from ingame.

diagnose

You are:
    suffering from epilepsy.
    inspiring disloyalty in those nearby.

You have regained your mental equilibrium.

Your limbs begin to jerk and shake uncontrollably, and you begin to foam at the mouth.