Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited November 2013
    Well, considering:
    -The warm up time with the obnoxious requirement of cannot move at all.
    -The duration of the kill itself, damage ticks your health down. Also, the assassin cannot move at all.
    -The damage type and logical solution to avoid it

I don't think you should be able to tumble while dangling six feet off the ground. I can't even justify that in a fantasy world :(

The counters are pretty simple to figure out and I'm sure someone will tell you. I guess the best solution is just make it instakill via classlead. Good idea.

Edit: 
    http://pastebin.com/HPFqbLs0

Notice, you can sip etc while you're being insta-killed. Aleutia is almost outpacing the damage. It's such a niche kill method that it should be stupidly hard to escape. The 1% of the time you're able to pull one off, it should net a kill without some sort of miracle play by the victim.
  • It's not the damage I'm worried about - I can outpace the damage. I didn't even realize it was supposed to be a viable kill method as that is the second time I've had that happened... escaped the same way both times. To be honest, I think the Assasegades could probably do with an instakill. If you go that route though, it should have similar difficultly to pull off as Hostage or any other channeled instakill. Basically, what you are asking for is an inescapable hinder unless someone braziers me out where I sip health and munch on toadstool, hold breath, etc.

Seems silly?
  • You can writhe out of it..you know which the person asked.   And the only difficulty of hostage is finding the person bashing or afk unshielded. Its not like a writhe trigger will get you out of hostage. I'm not saying its really easy, but it is a lot more viable.

Noose requires: Assassin being in the trees, target being unshielded, target not having a writhe trigger target not having a hold breath trigger.   Apparently, not having a tumble trigger. Oh, and I think the person can shake trees (I imagine most assassin's don't use the tree gripping skill) or swing up. 
  • Seems silly? Nope.
  • Well - making it insta is fine - like I said, I didn't even know it was supposed to be a viable kill method. I tried writhing out of Kryss' noose yesterday and it didn't work? 

The issue I'm thinking with hostage vs. noose is that you can't pull off a hostage in the middle of a city because of guards... I was sitting in Ithaqua when this happened... the being in the trees requirement in this case is actually a perk.
  • Ambrose said:

The issue I'm thinking with hostage vs. noose is that you can't pull off a hostage in the middle of a city because of guards... I was sitting in Ithaqua when this happened... the being in the trees requirement in this case is actually a perk.
    touch tentacle attacker. Guards. ???. Profit.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • AmbroseAmbrose Texas
    edited November 2013
    -sigh- the things I learn after it is useful.

EDIT: Though, I'll still point out that that only works as noose being an pretty unviable kill method... if it were an insta... not so much....
  • edited November 2013

You reach into your stocking and pull out a card wrapped in a piece of paper.

You quickly unwrap it and as you read the words written on it, your understanding of the world improves.

What did I just pull out of my stocking?

• XP, I think. 
  • For the record, I was the one using noose against Ambrose just recently. And well, it's bad. I doubt it ever kills anyone unless they're like, under level 50.

David Carradine begs to differ.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Ahkan said:
    Edit: 
    http://pastebin.com/HPFqbLs0

"Aleutia lets out a cracked moan as her windpipe is slowly crushed."
    NSFW imo.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited November 2013
    RIP Carradine and hide(X-Japan, not confirmed as auto-erotic asphyxiation, but rumored)

Friends don't let friends masturbate with nooses.
  • Kryss said:
    For the record, I was the one using noose against Ambrose just recently. And well, it's bad. I doubt it ever kills anyone unless they're like, under level 50.
    For further clarification though and for your ethos, in this instance it was not you complaining about the functions of tumble. I didn't know what the point of the skill was tbh, I thought it was just to be obnoxious. When you noosed me yesterday, I had time to ask how to get out of it (I had no clue and that's how I found out writhe doesn't work) and tumble out. That was a good 20-30 seconds or so? It's pretty useless as a kill method on it's own........
  • I actually didn't know it was that bad, having never put any thought into its use. But after channeling it for 30 seconds and realizing it wasn't working I just gave it up. Considering the conditions of the skill and the setup required it should really be instant death.

• Septus's attention is grabbed and held by a nairat rune.
    As you reach out towards Septus, he turns to face you, eyes glowing ominously. You gasp and recoil as two radiant arcs of white lightning dart forth from them, and scream as you feel your entire body enveloped in a terrible burning heat which seems to come from deep within you. Writhing in agony, you feel your blood and skin begin to boil before unconsciousness envelops you.
    You have been slain by Septus.
    Pain races through your body as a toxin bomb infused with oxalis explodes.

Never make sense Imperian. Keep the trend going!
  • Kryss said:
    I actually didn't know it was that bad, having never put any thought into its use. But after channeling it for 30 seconds and realizing it wasn't working I just gave it up. Considering the conditions of the skill and the setup required it should really be instant death.
    I'm okay with this to a point - I think the two classes would be better served by an insta-kill that they can put to use on the ground, in the room with someone... I'm even okay with noose being an insta-kill... however, I do have some issues with it... I'm not a huge AFK'er, and so when I'm idling in a city/council, it's usually because I am dealing with guild/council matters. The couple of times I've been noosed - I haven't had any sort of warning for it and guards aren't going to pick it up because you are in the trees... so if it becomes an insta kill, I think you need your weight to act as a counterbalance to snap my neck that puts you on the ground in said guard cluster I'm going to be standing on, so that pulling it off in a council is sufficiently difficult that you are really going to have to think it through beyond just walk in, swing up, noose?
  • You have to be in the trees. Countered by treewatch, tentacle, or just not being in a room with trees.
    You have to be alone with the target the entire time. Countered by well, not being alone.
    You have to channel the skill under those conditions for like 10~ seconds before it even takes effect.

Considering all that, I think that if you were ever killed by it you can chalk it down to lack of attention. Hence why I'd have no problem with it being instant should you pull it off.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Ambrose said:
    Kryss said:
    For the record, I was the one using noose against Ambrose just recently. And well, it's bad. I doubt it ever kills anyone unless they're like, under level 50.
    For further clarification though and for your ethos, in this instance it was not you complaining about the functions of tumble. I didn't know what the point of the skill was tbh, I thought it was just to be obnoxious. When you noosed me yesterday, I had time to ask how to get out of it (I had no clue and that's how I found out writhe doesn't work) and tumble out. That was a good 20-30 seconds or so? It's pretty useless as a kill method on it's own........
    Iniar said:
         86* Jesse        10/12/2013  They just exist for flavour.

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Just for flavour? Ah yes, please see AB TORMENT and AB SABOTAGE etc etc. >:3

• Considering that the professions with Noose also have access to Phase, which bypasses treewatch altogether, I think that changing Noose being an instakill or being inescapable would be a bad move.
  • Noose as insta would be fine. Just give it a chance to show periodic messages (re: hostage). Afkers/inattentive get noosed, everybody wins.

(I am so going to get noosed if that happens D:)

• Ellen said:
    Considering that the professions with Noose also have access to Phase, which bypasses treewatch altogether, I think that changing Noose being an instakill or being inescapable would be a bad move.
    Yeah, it would be amazingly overpowered if Predators had a way to evade detection by abilities to get in hostage range. Hey, that's an idea for a classlead! They could call it evade!

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Yep, periodic messages would be peachy. Probably functioning like Hostage where you have more chance of seeing said messages based on your perception.

• edited November 2013
    Can't believe people are complaining about noise with all it's requirements when monk radiance needs little to no setup and the person can be safe in a completely different part of the area. It does have a long channel that can be easily countered if in your head but no reasonable counter if AFK other than auto walking off siege and out if the city. No, I don't think being noosed while AFK is an issue at all. And yes, for the effort, noose should be a channeled instant kill.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    trigger radiance to prism to ageranu and cleave

????
  • @azefel: well doesn't that sounds like a great way to get ganked
  • It's not like you can cancel the prism if you get cold feet or anything.

or you know, leave the area.
  • edited November 2013
    If you're AFK you can't. If you aren't you shouldn't die by it.
  • Cassius said:
    If you're AFK you can't. If you aren't you shouldn't die by it.
    Yes, you should. Being AFK and taking the wrong or no precautions whatsoever should in turn put you at more risk to be ganked.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>