Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• To be fair, my prism/cleave trigger did once get me a kill while I was AFK.

The biggest issue was me wondering how I got from the Crossroads to the Bard Guildhall.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • The problem is if they have someone else there. For example, I prismed to Septus and cleaved him off Radiance once and ever since then he has never tried it solo. Leaving the area is a safer option.

• Cassius said:
    If you're AFK you can't. If you aren't you shouldn't die by it.
    This is confusing. I understand now why Lio is so stern with grammar. Can't tell if entitled whinging or poorly worded statement of obvious. Are you saying it's unfair to die to a 25s second instakill if you're not afk for it? Or are you suggesting that non-afk people have a higher survival rate against channeled instakills? Both of these are sort of silly. There's a lot wrong with the train of thought noose --> radiance, but eh. 

Back in the day, fake radiance messages were the best. It was the Imperian version of fast food delivery. "Hi, it's Ahkan again. I need two percent, hold the mayo." Mind hallucination radiance 1. Radiance 2. A prismatic beam of pk deliciousness shoots into the room. They arrive. They die. Issue for bug abuse has arrived in your mailbox.
  • edited November 2013
    I think he was unaware that radiance had a massive eq time, so prism/cleave wasn't making sense to him, leading him to complain that there was no way to properly trigger a counter to radiance other than triggering to walk out of the city and back in.
  • My standard anti-radiance counter-trigger is a loud-ass noise so I can tab back in. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited November 2013
    Asking how it worked would have gone farther :(
  • I wasn't complaining about radiance or asking for a change. I was simply pointing out the lower requirements/lack of great AFK defense options with other skills that are actually instakills. Thought it was pertinent to Ambrose's complaints, perhaps you think different.
  • edited November 2013
    You could just... You know... Not AFK.
    (Write journal / QQ takes 1 extra second to type, in addition to getting out of your seat to AFK, so...)
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania

Journal use a legit way to escape Radiance? 

• I would think that it could be considered abuse and you could be issued for it. She means stay in journal while AFK, which means you miss shardfalls, which is the entire point of hanging around AFK as opposed to logging.
  • Haha, Mathiaus is fishing for an exploit to replace armguards in his life.

@Cassius You should be 'defenseless' when you're afk. That's sort of the point. Radiance isn't that bad since monks don't bypass guards so well. Most of the time it's a two man job. Two men working to kill you should always have a higher chance of success, unless it's Brishi and someone else. The reason this confused me is we were talking about instakills on the 'assassin' classes (predator and assassin) and how bad noose is.
  • @Ahkan: Again, I wasn't complaining or asking for a change, I was simply pointing out that noose sucks compared to other mechanisms that can kill you while AFK/on-siege and there is probably not a reason to complain.
  • Cassius has been consumed by psychic flames, evidence of the mental might of Brishi.
  • Yes, brishi runs away into a corner and spams it along with blackout/disrupt/stun/etc. while you are also fighting the rest of AM.
  • Yet you still cross-circle team with him.
  • We took a monolith for change and he was still a ranger.
  • All I'm hearing is you complaining that one of the easiest to avoid instant kills isn't easier to avoid.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Disregard Sarrius' comments on instakills, he's used Lament before which basically nullfies any sort of opinion on the matter.

• Haha, lament. I remember when 'qqing' was the only way to avoid lament. Imagine my dismay when I logged on 4hrs after the fact and died anyways. :(
  • edited November 2013
    edit: Nvm that was mean.
  • You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking
    out the presence of Ambrose.
    You see that Ambrose is at Where animals go to die.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    [09/11/2013 - 18:08:15.247]: A brief tremor notifies you that Sybl started harvesting a shard somewhere nearby.
    [09/11/2013 - 18:08:40.083]: You wave your hand over the brazier tattoo and summon Sybl to you.
    [09/11/2013 - 18:09:07.220]: Sybl tells you, "Why are you attacking me?"

qq
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • It's okay, I still got 30 something blueshards.
    :)>-
  • (Ring): You say, "You guys have any idea what Bellor is ?"

(Ring): Ahkan says, "It's latin for steeeeeve."

(Ring): You say, "No seriously."
    (Ring): You say, "Cuz I'm enemied to it, but can't find anything about it in 
    HELP."

(Ring): Ahkan says, "Isn't bellor friend in elvish, or dwarvish?"

(Ring): You say, "And why am I enemied to the dwarfish version of Friends? 
    Grosh, Phobish, Monicgrug, Chandlashg, Rachilnda and Joef?"

(Ring): Ahkan says, "That's the cast of Orcish How I met your Shaman."
  • 'mellon' is Tolkien Elvish for friend. 'Say friend and enter'.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited November 2013
    Hey, wait. Bellor is a bloodline and I think Imperian used old clans or something similar to make bloodline channels.

You are part of the following bloodlines:
      1) Elith (elith)
      2) Bellor (bellor)
      3) Dios (dios) [ Current ]

Whoops. Oh, sweet. somehow I was removed from the Sunjackal furryline. 

Edit: I also like how Sybl's avatar looks pissed I got the word wrong.
  • Victor said:
    'Speak friend and enter' ... is the exact quote iirc :P
    Okay I have no idea why but I will bite!

Gandalf first translated it as 'Speak friend and enter'. But Merry was the one who considered a slight mistranslation: it was supposed to be 'Say friend', hence the password to open the Dwarf door was 'friend' (mellon).

Quote!

Ahkan says, "A good rule of thumb is if not demonic, probably hits hard."

Combat, I will learn you somehow.
  • I dunno why you bit either. I was just being a dork. Good books, liked the movie too.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Lionas gives a ring of Magick's Bane to you.

You cannot wear another piece of that type of clothing or jewelry.

artifact list ring
    Artifact #     Description                                Cost   
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      55           a silver keyring                        50 Credits
      85           a ring of Magick's Bane                 750 Credits
      90           a Truesilver Ring                       500 Credits
      91           a diamond ring                          1000 Credits
      92           a ring of Epiphany's Gift               2000 Credits
      98           a glittering ring of vitality           300 Credits
      100          a silver ring of meditation             300 Credits
      101          an Illuminas ring                       850 Credits
      102          a pair of stone rings                   800 Credits