Skip to content

Khizan's Classlead Repository

Comments

• Sarrius said:
    So change it entirely. Let all resources accumulate between profession swaps.
    If its a major concern, lower the regen rate when off profession. by 50% or something.
  • edited January 2013
    I wouldn't have a problem with that. Especially if you could you know..throw in endurance regeneration when offline as well.

• I don't really plan to use twist, as I am rarely the Impale-bot on our team. It's the option that matters.

I also really don't have an issue with monks having kipup.
  • Too tired to write more detailed post, want to remember this for later:

(Burt): You say, "That's another classlead I want to suggest, I think."

(Burt): You say, "How it's dumb that class pets depend on Taming to be any sort of tanky at all."

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• A minor one:

An ability in taming that allows you to train your pet to automatically find you if you lose it though fear/flight/tumble(?) etc.
  • Cadeyrn said:
    A minor one:

An ability in taming that allows you to train your pet to automatically find you if you lose it though fear/flight/tumble(?) etc.
    On that note, make this build into skill pets, like hounds and cobras.
  • Juran swings a polished mirrored broadsword at you powerfully.
    Damage Taken: 37 cutting, physical (raw damage: 90)
    Your vision and hearing are suddenly restored.
    Juran swings a polished mirrored broadsword at you powerfully.
    Damage Taken: 37 cutting, physical (raw damage: 90)
    A prickly, stinging sensation spreads through your body.
    You are afflicted with sensitivity.
    Juran raises his arms in a beckoning gesture as the Rite of Healing bursts into flames and wreathes 
    itself around you.
    Damage Taken: 138 fayth, mental (raw damage: 64)

Guaranteed sensitivity flares are a bit much, hmm?

Before anyone mentions soulquench, that hits before toxin application.
  • No that dosen't look over the top. Be glad he didn't flare piety with a l3 claymore. You'd have taken alot more damage.
  • I love how even with a 16 strength and L3 broadsword I only do 37 to you with DSL.
  • That's 22.4 whole dps from DSL, go me.
  • Juran said:
    That's 22.4 whole dps from DSL, go me.
    And he says that it is excessive. 
    :))
  • No, I'm saying flare automatically getting the benefit of sensitivity is wrong.  Pay attention.  Currently, this attack requires no set up as is.  Add a 2 second delay on the actual flare and use it as a damage closer once you get sensitivity to stick.  Not like this where someone can just dsl/flare and only have to track rites.

Those are my ideas at least.  2 second delay on flare hitting making someone actually work for extra damage or make flare not get the benefit of sensitivity if it remains in the current format.
  • I just sure am glad I spent 4,100 credits on DSL damage.
  • Next classlead, I'm going to recommend DSL do more damage.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited January 2013
    Its not like he can stand there and dsl/flare all day. Hes got a limited number of rites to burn before it becomes just straight dsl. I can drop cleave/strike/sdrop combos all day without a set up.

Edit: Also, every sdrop I do will benefit from sensitivity. Just thought I'd throw that in there.. :D
  • Juran said:
    Statpack Resiststances + Putrefaction + Trans Evasion + Full Plate + Mithril Shield = Not a lot of physical damage taken.

Focusing on this, however, over flare is called "misdirection".

At least Templars and Runeguards have something to combo with DSL. 
  • Luthyr said:
    Juran said:
    Statpack Resiststances + Putrefaction + Trans Evasion + Full Plate + Mithril Shield = Not a lot of physical damage taken.

Shame neither have an easily performed instant kill with probably one of the most bada$$ descriptions in the game. That belongs to DK.
  • Luthyr said:
    Not at all, because there was nothing wrong with the flare part of your log.

It -does- annoy me that my extremely limited supply of highly artifacted flares are the only chance I have of killing you, because DKs shrug physical damage better than anyone else in the game by quite a margin.
  • Luthyr said:
    Juran said:

A bit of real talk here:

Templar, prior to RG upgrades had the unique Knight gimmick of high burst damage via flare. They can manage it for about six DSLs and have to be in a squishier statpack to make much use of it. It consumes their good rites to do damage and is, once exhausted, pretty much gone for the duration of the fight. Yes, it hurts, but that's the class. You turtle through them with shield/rebounding/pressure and you're fine. It's not OP. It's the single useful combat mechanic of an outdated legacy class.

The short version: Move along, nothing to see here.

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I'm merely pointing out that no skill should get automatic benefit from sensitivity in the same action.  Regardless of class.
  • EVERY comboable damage skill does this.

Brainmelt, devotion flare, runelore flare, worm choke, SSD, the defiler bellow - it's just how sensitivity works.
  • Well, there are a number of classes that have access to that: RG, WD, Templar, I believe Defiler can combo ravage into guaranteed sensitivity bellow, but I might be wrong there. I haven't played Keijima in ages. It's just something that happens with some weapon classes and it's not a big deal, but you're welcome to your opinion obviously.

• edited January 2013
    Edit: Nevermind.  It doesn't really matter.  I'm in Demonic for RP reasons.  If not I'd have been on the band wagon of Anti-magick and Magick like 90% of the fighters in this game.
  • At least you're using the right thread now.
  • Luthyr said:
    Edit: Nevermind.  It doesn't really matter.  I'm in Demonic for RP reasons.  If not I'd have been on the band wagon of Anti-magick and Magick like 90% of the fighters in this game.
    That's just poor form.

• Writhes need a cooldown like stun and paralysis.  *looking at you Anti-Magick*
  • Galt? Galt! Are you in there Galt? Come back to us, leave poor Luthyr be.

• Figured since everyone was on board the nerf battlecry train there might be room for writhe stacking because of group combat.  Or is that wrong because that's how your circle wins fights?
  • Galt used to do the same thing. Die to something, hop on the forums and demand a nerf. You're better than this Luthyr, stop and reason it out. Not everything that kills you is overpowered.