Skip to content

Khizan's Classlead Repository

Comments

• New classlead(s)

-Fix all pre-existing broken shit. (aspects come to mind, endgame blows)

-Revisit half-assed jobs. Fix them.

• Pay someone to be in charge of Docents/RP events and continue doing them on the smaller scale instead of relying on volunteers and whenever it's convenient throwing month long events at us imo
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Traps

I hate the current incarnation of traps. I hate trying to make my way through a shardfall area and finding that I have to writhe twice to make it through each exit, since it's trapped both coming and going. I hate the fact that there's no real feasible way to way to avoid this when moving with a team. I hate that there's effectively no limit at all on traps and that you can just carpet the world with them. 

Piety got a nerf recently precisely because it was being used to carpet entire areas and prevent movement in a similar manner, and piety was less effective in many ways due to having a less reliable resource and having a set duration(as opposed to ' lasts until they hit it'). I'd like to see something similar happen with traps.

My ideal fix is that traps only fire when the trap-layer is in the room, or in an adjacent room. Useful to stop enemies from escaping, but no longer able to slow people to a crawl through an entire area.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• This idea is not that great. Maybe if the room restriction only applied to certain types of traps like snare and noose. Even with that though I'd say it's still a bad idea.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Well that's because it is a bad idea, and whenever Khizan has to deal with something he doesn't like, it's broken.
  • I seem to recall throwing out a trap classlead, nothing nearly as drastic as this in terms of limits, and hearing the words, "Traps are fine the way the are now." I don't know, maybe I'll throw it out once again. One trap per room that covers all the exits, that way you when you fire a trap in that room its done, on all exits. Reducing the amount of traps you could potentially hit otherwise. No limit to numbers, no limit to person being in the room  or adjacent room, just a one and done mechanic that will trap all exits when laid and will untrap all exits when fired.

• Add a CD on tripping traps? Or maybe make it a skill in survival/perception with a slight mana or willpower drain - the argument being that you are now more aware of them after you have tripped the first one.
  • Traps need a hard limit. Whether this is proximity, number per area, or something else, traps are not fine as they are.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • edited December 2012
    Make traps trigger only if the person laying them is in the area.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • I fully endorse the idea of @Sarrius.

• Mena suggested a good thing about traps.

Make the TRAPS skill available to everyone much like RITES or VIBES. That way, when you hit someone's traps, you can find out who laid them and have PK rights on that person.

Also another suggestion for traps,  make them decay like the shardfall engineering alarms.
  • Predation - Prowling

Defense needs to be stripped when a hostile action is made.  Just like phase.  Implement an internal cooldown or time delay when putting up the defense.  This is in regards to Predators being able to utilize hostile mobs in combat towards their targets.  Ie. New version of old sketches.
  • Luthyr said:

Predation - Prowling

Defense needs to be stripped when a hostile action is made.  Just like phase.  Implement an internal cooldown or time delay when putting up the defense.  This is in regards to Predators being able to utilize hostile mobs in combat towards their targets.  Ie. New version of old sketches.
    The situations in which this is applicable are narrow - to put yourself in a position where Prowling somehow puts you at a disadvantage is a misplay on your part, not an imbalance on the Predator's part.

Prowling is a unique class benefit that lets the applicable classes gain a slight advantage bashing certain areas and really nothing more.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited January 2013
    I think something can be said to allow prowling to drop if you commit an aggressive act on a player (evening the playing field/etc), but I think Sarrius has the right of it here.

On another note:

AB NECROMANCY VENGEANCE and LEPROSY 

These work fine, but allow them to fire on enemy list instead of room wide, like most of the other necromancy skills.
  • Sarrius said:
    Predation - Prowling

The situations in which this is applicable are narrow - to put yourself in a position where Prowling somehow puts you at a disadvantage is a misplay on your part, not an imbalance on the Predator's part. Prowling is a unique class benefit that lets the applicable classes gain a slight advantage bashing certain areas and really nothing more.
    Something hiding in aggressive mobs knowingly using the skills for support and not infiltration isn't an imbalance?
  • Luthyr said:
    Sarrius said:
    Predation - Prowling

The situations in which this is applicable are narrow - to put yourself in a position where Prowling somehow puts you at a disadvantage is a misplay on your part, not an imbalance on the Predator's part. Prowling is a unique class benefit that lets the applicable classes gain a slight advantage bashing certain areas and really nothing more.
    Something hiding in aggressive mobs knowingly using the skills for support and not infiltration isn't an imbalance?
    More a clever trap than an imbalance. Once you know to expect it, you really shouldn't hit it again.
  • edited January 2013
    So a skill making a predators immune to getting jumped while hunting is not imbalanced.  Man, other professions need this kind of thing.  :)

Edit: Not saying I have a problem with the ability as a whole, just pointing out that if it is used as a crutch in combat and not for the intended purpose then it needs to be dropped as soon as the player becomes aggressive.  From how the ab looks, it seems to be a transit skill to bypass aggressive npcs, not for dodging combat or being the equivalent to "toss drelith sketch at target".
  • Luthyr said:
    From how the ab looks, it seems to be a transit skill to bypass aggressive npcs, not for dodging combat or being the equivalent to "toss drelith sketch at target".
    It isn't really like that at all.
  • Sarrius said:
    Make traps trigger only if the person laying them is in the area.
    Instead of just in the area, I'd say in the area or within x rooms - maybe 5 or so? I don't know what number would be a fair one, but it should be enough that someone standing a few rooms away isn't immune just because they happen to cross an area divide.
  • Wow, good point @Alarick, area divides would really screw up the area only traps...

• The problem with area traps is that it doesn't do a damn thing to stop the "guy who pre-trapped the area can lock down movement across the entire area" problem that's the entire reason I brought it up.

Preferably, I'd like to limit it to traps in the room the traplayer is in, and on exits that connect to the room the traplayer is in. 

After all, even at 5 room range, you could easily end up having to writhe 10 times to approach the traplayer on foot, which is kind of stupid, especially since you can pre-trap an area well beforehand, since there's no fade time on traps.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Well, I guess all it really comes down to is trap limits or player in/adjacent room. I would prefer the limit method to be honest, because outside of taking down noobs, traps really serve no purpose in room aside from preventing one escape attempt. Giving us a 5-10(ten preferred) limit would still allow traps to be useful in area control without being obscene. This discussion also hasn't even played to the nature of city/council defenses, limiting traps to even 10 would hinder that greatly, You guys can totem every room, the only thing we can do for a semi effect is lay noose.

• edited January 2013
    In an effort to work around some of the problems with Diabolist, decided to see what you guys think about this:

AB MALIGNOSIS HUNT -

1. Allow the daegger to bypass aura of rebounding automatically. This would allow a constant hit upon the target with the toxins on the daegger.

2. Allow the daegger to bypass aura of rebounding at a certain percentage of each strike.

EDIT: 3. Allow the toxins to be delivered at a better rate than currently, keeping the rebound problem.

Alternatively:

AB NECROMANCY ANIMATE

Wight: DAEGGER HUNT now has a 50% chance to bypass aura of rebounding.

AB MALIGNOSIS PROBE

DEMON PROBE (target)

Allows the user to view what mental afflictions the current target has. This is an attempt to bypass some of the guesswork that goes into the class regarding what affliction has been cured when/etc.

AB MALIGNOSIS EYE

Currently the skill relies on two eyes being summoned in two different locations (both of which are visible to the person in the room, and are removed when the pentagram disappears). It also works as a room-wide TRACE. I would propose that either:
    1) Eye would still be summoned from pentagram, but the report would be to the player instead of another summoned eye. It would not report movement, but tells or says within the location.
    2)SUMMON EYE (target) - Allow the eye to be summoned upon a target invisibly, and it would report tells or says from that target as long as the summoner is logged in.
    3)Keep it the same, but remove the second eye requirement, and notify the player.

AB BRUTALITY SEEK -

Let's be able to seek targets that are indoors, unless they are behind a locked door/special entrance.

AB BRUTALITY HOUNDS -
    HOUND REPORT - It'd be nice if we could get a better description from the report instead of just the room the hound is in. Maybe the ability to look -through- the hound and be given who is in the room, or even the area itself on the report.

Just a few thoughts, feel free to pick them apart mercilessly. :P

• THEY ARE ALL BAD AND YOU ARE BAD.

(I have no input because I don't play a Malignist I just felt like shouting)
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I love constructive criticism. <3
  • @Luthyr - Prowling stops mobs from aggroing to you. That is it. It doesn't stop you from being jumped by players. It isn't phase. All it does is make mobs incapable of growling and initiating combat with you.

It is your fault if you are engaging in combat with a predator in an area where mobs would join the fight. I honestly see no reason for prowling to change because you can't figure out how to fight Brishi outside of aggressive bashing areas - it is a very neat skill.

@Sarciossis - address one issue with Hunt at a time. First answer the current random chance nonsense and do not suggest more. I would not hate number 1 or wight.
  • @Sarrius No problem with those options being picked, in my opinion. I'm just horrible at wording these things.
  • Sarrius said:
    @Luthyr - Prowling stops mobs from aggroing to you. That is it. It doesn't stop you from being jumped by players. It isn't phase. All it does is make mobs incapable of growling and initiating combat with you. It is your fault if you are engaging in combat with a predator in an area where mobs would join the fight. I honestly see no reason for prowling to change because you can't figure out how to fight Brishi outside of aggressive bashing areas - it is a very neat skill. 
    I'm referring to the ability to run and hide in aggressive npc's.  The relationship to phase I was mentioning is that phase bypasses aggressive npc's as well, but you lose that benefit when you make an aggressive action.  I don't care if predators have a skill to bypass mobs, but I think it should have a cooldown triggered off of aggressive actions.  Obviously, if you are attacking you don't need immunity from the environment.
  • And, of course, on my post any of the hound changes should work for chivalry falcons/kestrels too. I think it's dumb that we can't do that. :(
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    You don't have to chase Brishi into crystal ogres or wherever he likes to hangout now.