Skip to content

What do you play outside of Imperian?

Comments

• Khizan said:

I actually really like the new talent trees in WoW. Yeah, there's only a handful of choices now, but really? That's all there ever was. If I was going to raid as a Hunter, I was going to spec 7/57/7, and the vast majority of those talent points were mandatory. I might have had like 3-5 discretionary points at the most, and those wouldn't get me anything cool, they'd get me things like Improved Hunter's Mark.

There was a lot of freedom in the old talent trees, but it was mostly just the freedom to suck and be terrible. While there are some 100% optimal choices in the new talent trees, I was pretty impressed with the way that most of the options at any given level were decently competitive with each other. Yeah, if I were a hardcore hard-mode raider, I'd go optimal, but the vast majority of the playerbase will be perfectly fine if they just pick whatever they like the best and roll with it, outside of a few things where there's a massive outlier.

The other nice change is the ability to change talent specs on-the-fly, mid raid, without having to go pay a ton of gold at a trainer (leaving in the middle of the raid). This lets you change to different talents situationally.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Used to roll with a priest and switch disc/healer all the time cause of that.
  • Mathiaus said:
    Used to roll with a priest and switch disc/healer all the time cause of that.
    Not what I meant. In addition to having an alternate spec, you can change your talents within a spec on-the-fly with minimal cost.
  • I've been enjoying some old Gamecube games lately, mostly Tales of Symphonia and Killer7

• Steam Autumn sale. My poor wallet.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    ESO. Without breaking the NDA... I'm kinda meh on it, even taking into account it's still in closed beta. Anyone else try it?
  • edited November 2013
    I had an invite last weekend, but I was too busy to play. Hoping they send me another. But keep in mind it isn't just closed beta. It's SUPER EARLY closed beta, barely out of alpha. They haven't really started on story elements and only barely have mechanics worked out, from what I understand.
  • I tried the beta and it looks lovely - Unfortunately I could only stare at it on my terrible laptop :( What's 'meh' about it? o.o
    (Only if we keep voting!)
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Hard to tell you that without violating the OMFG NDA, haha. You can change the graphics settings though, even via the launcher IIRC. It just feels... generic in some ways. I also felt that the animations or something for the regular combat were a bit slow and difficult to properly manipulate, simple and as very Elder Scrolls as they might've been in flavor.
  • Gah wish they could have been tried - I could hardly move from left to right, much less pull open the launcher. but as you said omfgnda. Hard to discuss without discussing :P

Also outside of Imperian - I play FF (any one i feel like playing atm) because the theme/general setting is really relaxing to play in and lets me chill. Also play MK, or Dead Space, or sometimes I touch Skyrim but get bored of it quickly since i watched someone else do everything already. (Boo @ spoilers!)
  • Still playing AC4, the multiplayer is a lot of fun. Tactical and thought provoking, unlike many modern twitch fests. Other then that, Kingdom Hearts 1.5, it's sooo great to be able to re-experience some of the games in what is one one of my all time favourite series in gorgeous HD. They didn't just upscale it either, they actually took the time to create whole new textures and the like. It's really just amazing.

Also Ninja Gaiden 2 on the NES. I will beat it. I will. >_>

• Went back to the black hole that is Dwarf Fortress.
    Replaying Skyrim/Mass Effect 1-3/Mortal Kombat/Dragon Age 2 on the hardest difficulties.
  • I just got Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced. Well, I guess I can kiss my time goodbye.

• Minecraft :)
  • Mathiaus said:
    Replaying Skyrim/Mass Effect 1-3/Mortal Kombat/Dragon Age 2 on the hardest difficulties.
    Looove the whole ME series - Especially if you play it straight through, it's like a long movie! :D Depending I guess how long you take to beat it :3
  • I wish I could play Mass Effect. 

I've tried several times, though, and I just hate it so much. The story is great, but the gameplay is so godawful that I just can't make myself do it. I get to the Citadel that first time and I end up quitting because I get tired of playing Jogging Simulator 3000. Not to mention the awful combat. What, you used your biotic power? Have fun sucking with the pistol for the next minute!

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited November 2013
    Ozreas said:
    Rift.
    Faeblight go

e: wait, I already know you are there
    Khizan said:

I wish I could play Mass Effect. 

I've tried several times, though, and I just hate it so much. The story is great, but the gameplay is so godawful that I just can't make myself do it. I get to the Citadel that first time and I end up quitting because I get tired of playing Jogging Simulator 3000. Not to mention the awful combat. What, you used your biotic power? Have fun sucking with the pistol for the next minute!

Mass Effect 2-3 fix that problem thankfully.
  • Yes, which is why I love those two games, plot problems and all.

ME1 is much stronger plotwise, but the gameplay is so outdated I can't go back to it. This is the case with a lot of old games, specifically BG/BGII. :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

Still love bg 2, old graphics and all. Spent many months replaying it over and over.
    Been replaying Dragon Age 2 as a mage elemental. Stone armor looks so badass.
  • Dead Rising 3 is so ridiculously easy-mode. Pretty much just pushing myself to beat it now, so I can feel like I'm getting the most out of the purchase.

On the other end of the spectrum, playing through Spec Ops: Enemy Unknown on the normal difficulty in Ironman mode. In this difficulty, once you get a few high-level characters it seems like they're never going to die(I've had some close calls though). What really strikes me as most impressive about this game is that with zero static plot characters(other than the like, three at the base that don't really matter), it can make me care about my disposable units so much. Where has this series of games been my whole life?
  • Bought myself a Wii and I'm playing through the most recent Zelda titles. The Wind Waker was my last one, I'm not hugely engrossed but they are pretty good.
  • Lately I've been playing Path of Exile. I'm probably behind the times here, but that game is bad ass.
  • Having lots of fun playing Hearthstone :)
  • Add me! ZenStyle#1417
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I'll generally do a few ARAMs on League, and play SWTOR every so often.
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • I'm about to start Batman: Arkham Asylum. I've heard good things about it.