Skip to content

Classlead Hashout Late 2013

What do you feel needs  addressed in the next round of classleads. What do you think are fair ways to address it?

Please don't act like buttheads in this thread, I'd like to  actually have a decent amount of good come out of it so we  can look at things that have  been long standing problems and that keep falling through the cracks.

1. Druid has it all and is out of control.
a.) Druids  have  a lot of control.  Writhes, rubble, engage (I think?)
        b)   High damage out the wazoo.
        c) They're not pigeonholed into any statpack because of the nature of their skills (strong druids are a beefy damage caster class vs intelligent or fast noctu                 which are a squishy damage class)
         d) There is other stuff that needs to be classleaded.

2.  I'm sure there are others, I just know Druid has been a hot topic lately.   

Comments

• Short laundry list of topics to discuss now, or we could at least stand to hash out:

Druids in general, but especially their damage
    Wardancer hinder rates, possibly their afflicting speed.
    Bardic resonance, their ability to lock somebody out of a fight in unconventional ways, nuarinyu's affliction table.
    Peace change from last season

Future topics once we can see their relevance:
    Summoners and Mages needing more tweaks that 7 active beta testers just could not catch.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited August 2013
    ASPECTS
    -The fifth terror power is useless. We all admit it. It still sucks because instead of saying "this gets classleaded every round, we should fix this" we opt to be lazy as crap and leave it bad. Going on three years.

BARD
    -Bard mechanics are bad. The class sucks in every way that is important.Luckily it has resonance, which you cannot cure. This makes it a time bomb. Everything sucks but this one strategy is a terrible way to build a class (also, no one who pks as a bard knows what balance is, so this will never be fixed.)
    -No more masked affs
    -No more sketches
    -No more engage
    -No more time bomb
    -No more bard (sadly) Your move.

BLADE DANCE
    -Flick dancers are fun and all. However, I do get tired of writhing. I'd like to hit someone back in a fight. (Impale, transfix or bind....you should get 1. Two if you delete transfix.)
    -Twist. Disembowel does % damage based on # of afflictions. Twist does % damage based on impale. Who thought this was a good idea? Even the guy who suggested has recanted and admitted it was bad. Remove twist from bladedance.

CHIVALRY and BRUTALITY
    -Battlecry needs to stun on the condition of impale/jousted. (not paralyse, too easy to spam stuns)
    -Defend is TOO good (in pvp). There is no penalty for using defend. There needs to be a drawback to the knight. Or maybe splitting the difference. The target gets your damage resists or you split 50% of the damage.

CROWD CONTROL
    Your game has too much crowd control in it. This makes the game not fun to play. (no one will classlead their cc away. Make them do it)
    -Classes should have ONE. UNO. SINGULAR. class specific writhe.
    -Any 'unconscious mechanic' that isn't hunger needs to be deleted. It's a mechanic you can't balance. (pommelwhip, broad, buttstrike)
    -Affliction classes to be more 'stacking afflictions' and less "you can't hit me." (flare nairat, flare loshre)
    -Allow tree to be touched while paralysed. Make a new toxin to block tree and only block tree. 
    -Delete pindown
    -Delete any class pet ability that can 'web'

DEFILER
    -The entropy mechanic has a built in ceiling where you cannot hit that 3rd level of seed destroyness. Entropy damage does not scale with target health. Seed threshold scale with target health. This is a mechanic that is either too good, or not good enough. I honestly think we should just get rid of it and re-purpose bellow to something you can balance.
    -P.S. Defilers don't explot this. But an infinite amount of defilers can charge a seed up. That explode amount is proportional to the amount of defilers hitting you.
    -Why would you make the entropy mechanic and then deliberately code Garrynbot to avoid  it? Why are we killing newbies?
    -This class is the inverse of druids. At relevant levels of pk, this class cannot do enough damage. This will take 2-3 classleads to fix.
    -Haze generation: Why can't I just have the shadowveils feed me haze? Why is there an intermediate step of demonic candy I have to wear?
    -Shadowveils: remove the crystehl requirement

DEVOTION
    -Banishment needs to stop hitting ouroboros. Not sure if this is needed after summoner revamp. Not sure what devotion needs otherwise.
    -Cleansing. We admitted it was bad and we left it in. 

DRUIDS: too good. too much What's the word...unnecessary. There we go. BUZZWORD! UNNECESSARY.
    -Their damage is too high.
    -Their combo potential is outright retarded. I have to sacrifice dsl and equilibrium to set up gravehands. Rubble is better than gravehands.
    -Roots are too good. Too many roots out at once. Roots shouldn't do damage. Ever.
    -Wisp effects are cool and all. Should not be comboed as often as they are, as powerful as they are
    -Your % modifiers on top of your % modifiers are % modifying my degree of pissed me off. 
    -The 'momentum' mechanic that fuels one of your % modifier has nothing to make you use it. You hold on to it tightly and get a free damage bonus that is out of this world.
    -Druids get fitness, chainmail, barkskin, vitality, might and sip bonus. (pick one or two. Everyone else has to)
    -There are six nature classes. There are two without sip bonuses. They are both demonic. Parity. (Shaman, Defiler)
    -Lure or beckon, not both.

EVASION
    -I understand the argument for evasion being reduced while inhibited in some way. Too bad every pk circumtsance inhibits me in some way. Remove this. Evasion works all the time (unless sleeping. This seems legit)

EVILEYE
    -Why can't you combo infirmity? Make infirmity HAVE to be the first curse if used with anything but breach.

GENERAL MECHANICS:
    -Some classes have too much overlapping damage resistance. (Hello predator, druid. How are you?)
    -Paralysis/Peace: Classes need one. Not both.

HYPNOSIS:
    -Remove double suggest. You never needed this.

HUNTER
    -Hunter trigger is too powerful in its current incarnation. It lets you plan stacks off of high priority afflictions that you can't not cure. I like the idea, but I hate being punished for curing an affliction so I can hit back. (change list to mid/low priority) <-- rewards skillful play
    -Affliction classes are forced to be low con statpacks because you make them too powerful. They rock at 1v1 and suck in team fights. (can't be fixed in classleads)
    -Masked afflictions make combat boring. I'm force to "die an inevitable death because I don't know what's wrong with me" or "spam diagnose." Both options are bad.
    -Masked afflcitions screw you for relying on g-bot, which we force newbies to do. Newbies don't need pk Phds to know when to diagnose.

KAIDO
    -Banish. Too much ability to split teams. Can't balance it. Allow you to portal/gaze/quicktravel out of the banishment.

MALIGNOSIS
    -Soulpact still wastes too much essence to be a seraph at inept fayth. 
    -Demon blast is stopped by mass. Malignists can't strip mass. Who fights while unmassed.
    -Demon sear: yay, fire. Could really do something else with this.

NECROMANCY
    -Leprosy is useless. Maybe it should be 4s of one limb shrivel every 4 seconds. I dunno.
    -Essence and devotion are resource mechanics that need to go away.
    -Thanks for soulstorm, but can I pick up something I'd actually use in a fight? (We asked for OFFENSE. We got cupcakes of utility -1. Offense please.)
    -Give malignists possession

PATHFINDING: (Mapping thing)
    -If my allies are soulmasked/masked. path find shortest fails against them. Please fix.

PET TRACK:
    -Pet track removes most strategy from 'troop movement.' Pet track needs to be 1 pet, 1 man. Unless that pet is a blue whale or a double decker bus.

PREDATION:
    -Lartosis: Should not count limb damage in its damage equation.
    -Crescent Cut: Should not raze anymore. With lartosis, bears, and spiders this shouldn't be a problem.

RUNELORE:
    -Rune flares are awesome ideas. Flare nairat and flare loshre are so imbalance you can't even begin to defend them. They need to be re purposed or deleted.

SABOTAGE
    -Traps in water rooms (including flood). Step 1: Cannot place traps in water rooms. Step 2: Flooding destroys traps.

SHAMANISM:
    -Needs more PERSONAL utility. Not a lot, but a little.
    -Personally, I think you should be able to harvest shrunken heads a make a necklace (courtesy Vivianne) for some neat little buff.

SMITHING
    Deathknight's are shameful
    Spikes: This feeds the terrible weapon damage mechanic.  ----> hitting this armor makes you bleed for a 'meh' amount. It's crap, but it's better crap.
    Pain: rebounds a marginal amount of damage..,(Going off of soulbind. I'd make it heal the wearer for something low end like toadstool (hp only) every 500 damage or something.

-Templar mirror: So. Who knew that a three affliction dsl would be off the chain. I like this mechanic. Honestly, I love it. It should replace a toxin, not be a random proc. DSL AHKAN ciguatoxin mirror
    SUPREMACY
    -Our resurrects have resource requirements which prevent spamming. Where's yours?

SURVIVAL
    -On the topic of true locking. Put fitness in survival.

STRENGTH SCALING:
    -Sure, it scales as awesome as intelligence (in theory). Too bad we hand out physical damage resistance like we hand out crowd control. This leads to bad skills like druids.

TELEPATHY:
    -Kainet: The game is all about fighting in room. You shouldn't be able to fully charge a kai stack by sitting on the fringe of an area so you have super banish powers and deliverance before the fight starts. Repurpose this or delete it.

TRUE LOCKING:
    -Stop making classes that can easily true lock. People can and will use toxins. Take this into account when making classes.

WEAPONRY (knights)
    -Weapon specific perks. Make sabre, claymore and axe benefits crap. Give me a good, legit reason to use another weapon. Right now, they suck and just clutter up your code.
    -ARTIFACT HALBERDS. The people have spoken. Stop dragging ass.

(Aeon is dying. So I didn't mention it)
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited August 2013
    Honestly, the classlead process is both awesome and terrible. Every round I see stuff that -never- occurred to me and it's awesome.

There are people out there. They may or not do this on purpose, but they suggest outlandish crap. I'm reasonably intelligent. I can convince most people in Imperian that something stupid is awesome. It's not hard. We push through classleads that are just dumb. They don't make sense and they're not necessary.
    -Barkskin on warden is 1
    -Wardancer twist is another.
    (Crap, I just realized those are both Sarrius. I'm not attacking you on purpose. It just seems that way)

On the flip side, there are people who mean well and suggest good classleads, but there are unforeseen consequences. I'm guilty of this. My peace classlead offered two ideas. We went with my dumber idea and now peace is stupid. Why did it take us a year to fix this?

My issue is this. We release a lot of classleads into the game with 0 testing. Or if there is testing, you guys are like the padawans of pk or something. Start a classlead. Put in the classleads. Let us hit each other with nerf bats. There are some people in the beta, if they like something, it's probably overpowered. We'd save ourselves a lot of drama if we'd just test things for a day or two before releasing it into the wild and watching the shenanigans for 365 days.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    battlecry does stun on jousted (because joust prones them, hence why you should always joust bcry before impaling anyone not mounted!)

• You secure your previously wielded items and instantly draw a knight's lance into your left hand, with a Souledge Sabre flowing into your right hand.
    You must dismount from what you are currently riding before you can mount anything else.
    Kicking your heels into undead remains of a vicious smoke-blue stallion, you level your lance at Aleutia and charge at her. Your lance strikes her squarely, impaling her and pinning her to the ground as you ride past.
    bal:4.20
    You gather your breath and hurl a piercing battlecry towards Aleutia.
    eq:4.87
    Aleutia smiles, unaffected by the battlecry.
  • Also. Classleads. It's crap like this:

Ageranu charges furiously into the room, leaps at you, and drives a leather wrapped spear through your chest, knocking you down and stunning you.
    H -62cp [9.27%] [161]
    The icy coating on Ageranu's spear leaches into your wound, chilling you.
    H -49c [7.32%] [66]
    The cold air strips the protection of your caloric salve.
    You are afflicted with stun.
    You are afflicted with prone.
    Ageranu draws a leather wrapped spear back and plunges it deep into your helpless body, impaling you.
    H -46cp [6.88%] [80]
    A lash of black energy whips out from your armour, striking Ageranu.
    You are afflicted with impaled.

(I edited out the 28 times Ageranu tried to leave the room to repeat this)
  • Let's figure out a decent solution for basilisk resurrect now? We don't need some resource to pay to rez, because we're trying to cut out resources like Essence. The problem is free combat-rezzing(I haven't seen anyone abuse it in my time in the realms, when I res, it's almost always after a retreat, in which case Aryana would work just as well) and maybe free unlimited rezzing against bosses(don't really think this is a problem myself, probably because I almost never enjoy mob bosses(30 minutes of beating on Yagduth just to have Kryss and co find a way in and troll(then get hilariously beheaded by Yagduth) was stupid and dumb and lame on their part)). Possible solutions:

- x second channel time on resurrect during which you can't heal. Allows me to rez allies while bashing, but only after room is cleared or if I can get away. Allows me to combat rez, but I am forced to run several rooms away or almost certainly get killed if I choose to try and rez during combat.

- x second cooldown on resurrect to keep me from flying off with corpses and rezzing them all(even at a 6.2s eq time) and leading them back in. Also limits mass rezzing at mob bosses.

Feedback and suggestions please. Don't let things go the way of cleansing in our last classlead round.

As far as things I want for Hunter. I want Metrazol not to stop claw/sting/smash/etc 100% of the time. It's lame and I don't know of any other classes that suffer the same way(although it's possible there are others dealing with it too).

Could basilisk learn to attach to me so I can fly and track without having to land\bsum\queue eqbal order x return;oneb queue eqbal mount x? We've already changed it so you keep ents through Grove Return, and Outriders keep their ent when they track, why can't I? =/ (QoL concern, if you're worried about me leading shardfall teams with track without needing to pay for a tracking pet, keep in mind that most of Magick can't fly. Still worried? Have Shapeshifting Track lose followers like Grove Return does).
  • Dicene said:
    keep in mind that most of Magick can't fly
    Says the only circle that has an on-demand flight ability.

Thespia - Flight

Flight
    Syntax: SING FLIGHT <target>/ME
    Requires: Playing a flute

The Song of Flight grants one the ability to fly for a short time.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • I'd personally rather see relax (or some variation on it) in survival over fitness. That might not be the case though if your different toxin blocking tree classlead went in.

Nairat/shadowplant (assuming no changes to the mechanic) also shouldn't block curing paralysis ever. This is great fun for the person using it and an exercise in tedium for the other person.

Passive balance disrupt is something I'd personally like to see changed as well (not really many of these left, and one will be dying with the summoner changes).

• Wardancer Twist is a slight problem, but I think it is partially a byproduct of the Fast statpack doing what it does best - pushing boundaries on things. Only Fast pack Dancers can Twist AND Disembowel a target who doesn't writhe the impale immediately, iirc. Twist is not modified by anything but sensitive, but it is still half an old disembowel.. maybe 1/3rd of one?

I stand by my defense of Barkskin for Trailblazers, because I don't think it truly disrupted game balance in any heinous ways. Rangers and Amazons are not immortal by any means.

I think a 'classlead beta' would be a damn good idea, but is likely a pipe dream.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • The biggest problem I have with the game right now is probably just how heavily the various CC methods stack with each other.

My preferred solution for this is pretty simple. Just make various forms of CC remove other forms of CC. If you get impaled or pinned, the pain wakes you up from unconsciousness, jolts your mind from being transfixed, cuts the entangling things. If you try to entangle an impaled person, the stuff shreds on the blade, etc, etc.

This change reduces the amount of CC that players can be subjected to in a manner that also punishes poor play, because blindly mashing your CC button will result in wasted balances on somebody's part. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited August 2013
    Malignosis -

Two Malignosis demons, with the exception of the eye, cannot be summoned at the same time. For example, summoning a fiend while having a daemonite out will banish the daemonite. Malignosis demons that are in the room with the pentagram they were summoned from are immune to banishment effects and have increased health. Malignosis demons can follow but the further they go from their pentagram room, the weaker they get. Moving too far from their pentagram room will kill them.
    Ahkan said:
    GENERAL MECHANICS:
    -Paralysis/Peace: Classes need one. Not both.
    Some professions like Saboteur and Diabolist need both due to peace working toward annihilate or infirmity. What they don't need is peace hindering offenses. I suggest we change what peace does, for example making targets afflict with peace have their enemy target abilities not work on enemies. That's not the greatest suggestion, just something to start with.
    Sarrius said:
    Wardancer hinder rates, possibly their afflicting speed.
    I think the affliction rate with flick and eviscerate needs to be looked at. I'm not suggesting a heavy nerf but just a slight decrease in affliction rate will keep them affliction powerhouses but make sure they are not insane.
    Ahkan said:
    HYPNOSIS:
    -Remove double suggest. You never needed this.

PET TRACK:
    -Pet track removes most strategy from 'troop movement.' Pet track needs to be 1 pet, 1 man. Unless that pet is a blue whale or a double decker bus.

RUNELORE:
    -Rune flares are awesome ideas. Flare nairat and flare loshre are so imbalance you can't even begin to defend them. They need to be re purposed or deleted.

SMITHING
    Deathknight's are shameful
    Spikes: This feeds the terrible weapon damage mechanic.  ----> hitting this armor makes you bleed for a 'meh' amount. It's crap, but it's better crap.
    Pain: rebounds a marginal amount of damage..,(Going off of soulbind. I'd make it heal the wearer for something low end like toadstool (hp only) every 500 damage or something.

SURVIVAL
    -On the topic of true locking. Put fitness in survival.
    Removing Double Hypnosis is fine. Another idea is to make the equilibrium time 2.6 seconds to 3 seconds.

Pet Track is fine as is. We have the mounted rider message.

We definitely need tweaks for Nairat and Loshre. Make them single-block or make them slow curing down for 2 attempts but not block curing. Two ideas to start with.

Deathknight Smithing completely agree.

I'm fine with putting fitness in survival, though I think the balance time for fitness should be higher in survival and professions with fitness outside of survival get to be able to use fitness at the current balance time.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited August 2013
    Ahkan said:

..Joust..
    You gather your breath and hurl a piercing battlecry towards Aleutia.
    Aleutia smiles, unaffected by the battlecry.

Un-deaf first duhhh :(

Sarrius said:
    Twist ... is still half an old disembowel.. maybe 1/3rd of one?

It's 20% of max hp IIRC, but yeah, completely unnecessary for WDs to have twist if all it does is damage. If you're fast statpack, you get extra damage on top of your super buffed dsb. If you're not fast statpack, twisting is useless and only serves to out bad people. Should probably give twist some other effect instead/on top of damage.
  • edited August 2013
    My problem with deleting Transfix for Wardancers is that Bind is actually just unusable in solo combat (this is not a travesty to some of you, I know) - there's no way to keep somebody asleep or unconscious and regain balance before they come to. It is, however, entirely too easy to trigger it after a pommelwhip or buttstrike. I will go 'in the lab' for a bit and see if Transfix is even required to pull off a 'fully prepped' (large affliction count) disembowel - something I believe is likely possible - but if not.. why not just delete Bind and put Transfix on an actual cooldown to prevent it from being mashed out forever and ever in ANY form of combat?

EDIT: @Iluv - Eviserate is on a 10 second timer. How much slower do you truly want it to be? Also, consider the tradeoff a Wardancer makes by picking Eviscerate as one of their two dances? I would more likely be interested in the deletion of the Doubledance skill, which immediately increases the opportunity cost of every single dance by virtue of being unable to use any of the other dances. Right now, Doubledance effectively lets me have my cake and eat it too by picking Sentinel or Spurn as my 2nd dance while having free Eviscerate up. In the unlikely event I want to use the +2 DEX dance, I have that option too.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    transfix was never required to pull off a dsb, because WDs can break limbs like there's no tomorrow on top of flick speed affs :/
  • Remove Double Dance and Double suggestion, that sounds good to me.
  • Sabotage-

Increase Trioxin damage to around 70 at transcendent or allow Trioxin to deal damage in two phases, remaining at a total of 50, but doubling the chance of a critical hit.
  • edited August 2013
    Beastmastery
    - Quarter shouldn't be binary insta-kill or unconditional unblockable damage. If anything, make the unblockable damage depend on number of mangled limbs. This will still reward people who bother to limb break, while reducing its impact in team combat unless they coordinate for limb damage, which is fine.

Runelore
    - Laguz in dumb for circles that have already engage, rubble, flood, etc. Demonic has no natural way to avoid surges. (No that raiding is that important now anyway) Make laguz reduce surges for 5 minutes. This of course, make ethereal wisps' supposed purpose irrelevant, but it is already irrelevant because...

Druid
    - Wisps: I wasn't aware how easy is to keep air at 100%. Spam some songs and presto, 100% air. It shaves some .5s from Stab, which doesn't looks like that much, but in the long run is important. But, you could say, if you are using songs to raise air, then you have to be static. There is where ethereal wisps enter. Since evoking a wisp doesn't takes balance, you can use ethereal to raise and keep air at 100% as long as you need it WHILE moving. Remove ethereal, druids don't need to be all-purpose tools for magick and certainly don't need an easy way to do keep air up.
    - Imbue/feather: There isn't -any- drawback to stacking full air/earth. Faster attacks, with higher damage. Wisps/empower work so flawlessly to raise air/earth that the only reason it isn't important right now is because the OPness of Choke. In my opinion, make that you can have only so much air/earth at the same time in the staff. If you aren't using air to deliver some special effect, then you lose the speed benefit when raising earth toward unleashing earthquake.

Shamanism
    A wytch is always good to have for demonic. Two or more witches are meh. Why? Because sowulu has a ICD so it can be spammed, and the design of marks assure that only one wytch can unleash the full power of the profession on a person. This is something that is almost exclusive to wytch. Assassins can garrote/choke, Hunters can at least deliver damage with claws. The secondary wytch is left with... Shamanism. Terrific. Choke or what? Paralysis? That is probably being spammed anyway? Slow is going to change from crowd control to a different mechanic. Also, marks is an annoying mechanic. I have to first brand the target, and THEN I get to breach. Two balances wasted, and basically what I have done is the equivalent of raze. And that is for EVERY target.

Marks need to be changed so they let wytchs work together. I have two ideas here.
    - Brand mechanic is the same. Let wytchs benefit from any mark that is branded on the target, like it is their own. Simplest solution, but since all curses attack are invisible to anyone but caster and target, the coordination required is still too high to make any real benefit, and the time required to start being useful is still the same.
    - Change brand so the wytch brands HIM/HERself with the mark. Add a kanai-like target (balanceless) ability so the wytch attunes the mark to the target. This solves most of the problems above: easier team combat contribution, setup time is lowered to just breach. The problem to coordinate curse affs is still present, but this change would also allow a wytch to go Belial for damage while another is using Cadmus on the target for afflictions.

Marks (reloaded)
    There is little incentive to use anything but arctar/buul for lesser marks. Tying with the changes above so more wytchs can attack the same target with more effectiveness, a possible change would be to make Danaeus, instead of delivering small damage, reveal to the wytch what afflictions the target is receiving. This works for both team combat, so a wytch can know what curse did the target receive from another wytch, and in single combat, in combination with Hecate.

Devotion
    Banishment rite has no real need to exist. Demonic ents, apart of being one of the most fragiles in Imperian (compared to like everything else like roots, outrider's) don't need a special rite that delivers damage to them passively, specially with the existence already of Banishment for weapons. And when fighting magick, banishment rite is just cannon fodder for Flare
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited August 2013
    (Bard )

Voice
    -Have mellaon give a third party message for stripping insomnia.
    -Unmask nuarinyu.
    -Uncombo myried and remove resonance gain from it.
    -Remove three attuned note instant kantae.
    -Increase resonance needed for note attunement.

Thespia
    -Have Cruel Lament add more damage for affliction bonuses only if nuarinyu becomes unmasked and instant kantae is removed. (I only propose this since healing from nuarinyu's afflictions will be incredibly easy.)

Artistry
    -Reduce sketchlink engage to a single successful block throwing the target off balance for a very short time, requiring a need to re-engage. (I'd even settle for a simple BLOCK instead of having engage.)

(Runeguard)

Chivalry
    -Defend will allow afflictions to still go through. Maybe set PvP do mitigate 50% and PvE for 100% for hunting purposes.

Runelore
    -Nairat/Loshre will only block one attempted cure.

Smithing
    -Better etches for weapons please!

My opinions for what I agree with and want changed personally.
  • I'd hope that we'll get the go ahead for Knights to get the revamp they deserve after these two go in.
  • Knight revamp -> death of dsl
  • Mathiaus said:
    (Bard ) Voice -Have mellaon give a third party message for stripping insomnia. -Unmask nuarinyu. -Uncombo myried and remove resonance gain from it. -Remove three attuned note instant kantae. -Increase resonance needed for note attunement. Thespia -Have Cruel Lament add more damage for affliction bonuses only if nuarinyu becomes unmasked and instant kantae is removed. (I only propose this since healing from nuarinyu's afflictions will be incredibly easy.) Artistry -Reduce sketchlink engage to a single successful block throwing the target off balance for a very short time, requiring a need to re-engage. (I'd even settle for a simple BLOCK instead of having engage.) (Runeguard) Chivalry -Defend will allow afflictions to still go through. Maybe set PvP do mitigate 50% and PvE for 100% for hunting purposes. Runelore -Nairat/Loshre will only block one attempted cure. Smithing -Better etches for weapons please! My opinions for what I agree with and want changed personally.

Never!
  • Knight revamps probably can't be handled with classleads. To go on what Mena said, I think Marks on a target should let all wytches benefit from them but I do not think we need to give any curing information.
  • edited August 2013
    I said 'receiving' not 'curing'.

As an addeddum, it should work only with pure mental affs, so no asthma/anorexia. I wouldn't mind some more new afflictions on Shamanism once Nairat/Loshre are changed, very likely, from blocking cures at all.

Knights won't be having a revamp any time soon, too complicated. WDs probably could benefit better.
  • The problem with Wardancers having transfix is that Wardancers gain way too much offensive momentum from hinders; they're a straight up offensive option. Transfix and the stupid-fast speed of flick combine to give Wardancers an utterly ridiculous amount of offensive control, enough so that most classes just cannot push an offense home through the affliction spam.

Hell. One major problem with the game as a whole right now is the amount of control affliction classes have while pushing their primary offense. Metrazol, ciguatoxin, peace, clumsiness, weakness, confusions, various lethargy effects, etc, etc, etc. The only other viable class types now, really, are timebombs that can cope with that much hinder or Druid's ridiculous runaway burst train, because anything else is too hindered by the amount of control.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Isn't it weird that wardancers didn't get 'slowed down' with the rest of the affliction classes?
  • I'd like a skill in perception that notifies you when everyone in your entourage has balance/eq.
  • Another Perception skill, Drains. Shows you what skills are draining mana/health/essence/devotion etc etc
  • DEFENCE DRAINS shows mana drains.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • edited August 2013
    Warding :

Too many defenses are still stuck in the mode that Warding first started in : too slow.  Deflect takes five seconds, building a fire takes eight seconds, and flintlight takes five seconds.  These are all things that are best used mid-combat, and the long delay ensures they are used rarely if at all.

If anything, I'd appreciate a way of using them while off balance, but each skill has its own problems that are easily solved.  Except for Deflect.  It functions like rebounding, but does not rebound and only blocks one hit.  Either make it much faster or improve it in some way.  As it is, it's worse than pointless.  It's pointless and wastes a lot of time.

Building an encampment and then sprinkling ink is painfully slow.  Eight seconds plus the balance to sprinkle ink can leave you crippled in a mobile fight.  Just cut this time down, please.

Flintlight's an easy one.  Give us the ability to reheat when in a campground or encampment.  Simple.

There are many other suggestions I'd like to make, but these are the simplest.