Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Eoghan said:
    Ailish said:
    imagine how much more of these people would have if they didn't have to code in the horror show that is Lua ;)
    Vadi originally planned to use Perl for Mudlet, but thought better of it. I can never decide if he made the right choice.
    My gut instinct is "ugh, perl would be awful", but the more I think about it the more I think that perl would have been a better choice for it; at least perl scripting can be useful outside of mudding.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I would have loved perl, but that's because I wasted way too much time making my own perl/tk based client some years ago.  The dependencies to get it working cross platform suck.

Lua is probably the best thing to use as an embedded language because it's designed with that in mind.  Much easier to make it "just work".  

Python would have been a nightmare.  It's way too library dependent and mudlet is already a nightmare if you have to install scripting libraries.  Mudlet would have to include its own package manager just to keep people happy.
  • I'm not sure how you can say that, tbh, when the capabilites of plain vanilla, entirely unlibraried python far exceed that of lua
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited November 2015
    Well, just keep working on pymudclient, @Ailish. It looks like it could turn out into a reasonably decent alternative... My only question is about being able to have scripts and triggers "loaded" while the local interface(?) is running; when I last toyed around with it, I had to restart pymudclient each time I wrote a new set of triggers.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Yeah. I'm going to fix that, eventually (it's kind of a lot of work and I'm lazy)
  • edited November 2015
    Did I hear something about a great hunt? :o
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Figuring out to create this regex pattern:

^-(?=.{2})h?d?u?a?l?([ ]+on|[ ]+off)*$
  • Fixed.  

^-(?=.{2})h?d?u?h?l?([ ]+on|[ ]+off)*$
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited November 2015
    This was the best turkey attack:

A wobbly brown turkey waddles over and violently pecks Rumal leg. Hitting an artery with the action blood gushes everywhere and Rumal swoons from the sudden loss of blood.

A spasmodic twitch from a tiny bronze and white turkey and blue lightning coruscates over his feathers. The lightning abruptly shoots out in all directions, enshrouding Rumal in the attack.

• edited November 2015
    Eoghan said:
    Thanks for participating in a baby ent's first event! 

When I read the phrase "baby ent", this is all I can think of:

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• We Are Groot.
  •  You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • edited December 2015
    My body has been running on credits for a full week! To celebrate the restoration of my sleep schedule after a wonderful Great Hunt, I dug up this picture my mother took of me after the very first Great Hunt, 72 straight hours.

You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Working with @Arakis... hopefully we haven't created a monster Templar...

• <3@Oystir! Love what silly stuff you do to add to RP atmosphere!! :)

And, I LOOOOOOOOOVE Imperian secret santa!!!!!!!!! God, my whole day was made. So hard. I'm such a nerd, and this was the coolest thing ever. Words cannot express. Much love to the Imperian crew.
  • You open a festive green and silver stocking and find a Token of the Creator and an itchy and unattractive sweater inside!

Jules is the best fishdaughter ever. <3

• "I'd compare [The Beatles] to Green Day. Their lyrics are generally lackluster. Their composition isn't the greatest. Their themes are not unique and are not presented in a unique way for the most part. I can recognize that Green Day has fans and that they've dispensed 'good' songs and that pool of 'good songs' is bigger to a fan than to somebody looking in objectively. With deference to their undeniable impact on music, there's really nothing that makes them great, even good, compared to modern musicians.

But no, yeah. Green Day."
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • I heart Alekmanhala and vyurdrag-related stuff. Keep it coming!

• I heart @Oystir for keeping up with his poetry and keeping it alive. Thank you.
  • I landed the killing blow on @Septus. woot
  • IniarIniar Australia
    After being introduced to the doppleganger by @Baasche:

(Ring): You say, "I guess I need to have a hood tattoo now :(."
    (Ring): You say, "Shame."
    (Ring): Khizan says, "God I hate you."
    (Ring): Khizan says, "I hate you so much right now."

Hehe.
  • I <3 braziering my bro @Iniar.
  • Septus finally solved my "What do I name my shifter?" problem. 

Wielded:
    Left Hand : trident381383 a mercurial trident named Indecision
    Right Hand : shield209688 a lunar shield

It's perfect.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Stymied:

Khizan quickdraws a mercurial glaive named Indecision, a lunar shield.
    Khizan jabs forward with a mercurial glaive named Indecision at Eldreth's right leg, stepping in towards him.
    A lash of black energy whips out from Eldreth's armour, striking Khizan.
    Khizan aims a short, quick jab at Eldreth's right leg with a mercurial glaive named Indecision.
    Eldreth's eyes close suddenly as he falls asleep.
    575[100] 632[94] -- db 0 0 1.73 0 0 0 ----- ----- [FC:0] ++++-[m]: 0 (, ) (+6) e-
    Eldreth's muscles lock up in paralysis.
    575[100] 632[94] -- db 0 0 1.73 0 0 0 ----- ----- [FC:0] ++++-[m]: 0 (, ) (+6) e-
    Eldreth opens his eyes and yawns mightily.
    527[91] 632[94] -- db 0 0 1.73 0 0 0 ----- ----- [FC:0] ++++- [m]: 0 (, ) (+5) e-
    Eldreth Iolar says, in Hanyou, "Ride home."
    527[91] 632[94] e- db 0 0 1.73 0 0 0 ----- ----- [FC:0] ++++- [m]: 0 (, ) (+5) e-
    Septus's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Septus draws back his blade and impales Eldreth to the hilt.
    A lash of black energy whips out from Eldreth's armour, striking Septus.
    Septus gathers his breath and hurls a piercing battlecry towards Eldreth.
    Eldreth clutches his ears as the shaft of sound shatters his will.
    575[100] 668[99] e- db 0 0 1.73 0 0 0 ----- ----- [FC:0] ++++-[m]: 0 (, ) (+5) e-
    (Ring): Septus says, "Eldreth - impaled."
    575[100] 668[99] e- db 0 0 1.73 0 0 0 ----- ----- [FC:0] ++++-[m]: 0 (, ) (+5) e-
    You are already wielding a gray-bladed axe named Pithy and an ornately wrought tablet.
    Maintaining your momentum against Eldreth, you fluently flow into the stance of the Tiger.
    You rub some strychnine on a gray-bladed axe named Pithy.
    You reave Eldreth furiously with a gray-bladed axe named Pithy.
    Extreme heat roars through Eldreth's body at the touch of a gray-bladed axe named Pithy.
    You have slain Eldreth.
    [koko] Reset afflictions on Eldreth.
    You gain 10,000 faith for killing Eldreth.
    You gain a blood commodity from your efforts.
    You gain 341,570 (pk) experience. You need 1,424,434,350 more for level 122.
    You put 37,950 xp towards a drop of blood. You need 495,090 more for the next comm.
    You gain 1,265 faith.
    With a look of agony on his face, Eldreth manages to writhe himself free of the weapon which impaled him.
    A starburst tattoo flares and bathes Eldreth in a nimbus of white light.

(Ring): Septus says, "You son of a *****."
    (Ring): Khizan says, "God I hate you so much."

• Assunta lashes out with her majestic golden beard and drags Raya into the room.

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited December 2015
    Finding out what the @Bards and @Oystir does with their time; thank you @Camaris.

Camaris Athisia-Baen'ath, Aesthete of the Eye says, "The beast was taken aback at the knowledge of things he did not possess. He asked the villager what he meant by such things. And the man told a story of how the people in his village kept animals for companionship, and of the wonderful sweets that they enjoyed."

Camaris Athisia-Baen'ath, Aesthete of the Eye says, "The dragon was intrigued even further by these stories, and decided to make a bargain with the tiny morsel in front of him. He pledged to the little man to leave the people of the valley in peace if he was brought appropriate tribute that would match the tales of the villager. If he failed, he would raze the village to the ground and build his nest upon its embers."

Camaris Athisia-Baen'ath, Aesthete of the Eye says, "He offered the man three days to return with what he needed, and sent him off to complete his task."

Camaris Athisia-Baen'ath, Aesthete of the Eye says, "The villager gathered the people of the town together and asked them to come up with the best choice to save their lives. The gathered people searched far and wide and three days later he returned to the mountain."

Camaris Athisia-Baen'ath, Aesthete of the Eye says, "Before the great wyrm, he set a pie and a little chicken, asking the dragon to consider this. With a gleaming eye, the dragon looked down at the offering and with a single snap of his massive jaws, swallowed it up whole."

Camaris Athisia-Baen'ath, Aesthete of the Eye says, ""Too crunchy", the dragon declared as he flexed his talons, "Go and try again. Only two days will I give to you this time.""

Camaris Athisia-Baen'ath, Aesthete of the Eye says, "Again the village banded together and again he returned, placing a very large cake in front of the dragon, along with a very squat and hirsute monkey. The dragon was incensed at this and once again, down its maw they went."

Camaris Athisia-Baen'ath, Aesthete of the Eye says, ""Still too crunchy, and not sweet enough. One more try, and if you fail, I will burn everything to the ground.""

Camaris Athisia-Baen'ath, Aesthete of the Eye says, "For the last time, the people worked into the night, and the next day, an offering was given. This time, it was a platter of candy and cookies, and the softest, most adorable kitten that could be found."

Camaris Athisia-Baen'ath, Aesthete of the Eye says, "The dragon licked his snout and looked quite amused, "You have failed again, little man. I will eat this and then I will eat all of you.""

Camaris Athisia-Baen'ath, Aesthete of the Eye says, "The village, who I remind you was very clever said, "But wait, would it not be better to eat the sweets, first?""Camaris Athisia-Baen'ath, Aesthete of the Eye says, "The dragon showed its toothy grin and nodded, and with a single bite, swallowed the platter whole."

Camaris says with a grin, "And the dragon began to shake and expire, not realizing that the sweets it had eaten were poisoned by the villagers. And after painfully writhing, it died, and the villager and kitten came down the mountain, where they loved safely forever after." He bows slightly, "As I 
    said, the story may not be the best, but I have done what was asked."