Skip to content

Mage and Summoner revamps

Comments

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Not sure if it was already said, but with the new mage revamp, will the bard mage sketches be also changed along with it?
  • Thematically where appropriate. Functionality will most likely remain unchanged.
  • Why don't we have a class in Imperian that functions through the use of cat dress spheres?

"You attach a wizard hat and cloak to your cat, unlocking his inner arcane potential."
    "The brightly colored Berserker sweater will create a ruinous rage in your trusty cat (who totally loves you despite what he says) to destroy your foes."
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    We deleted Vodun, remember?
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited June 2013
    My one cat's named CCKOW (Crazy Cat, Killer of Worlds). I dressed her with a cape and dinosaur head one time for Halloween. She responded promptly with the destruction of nearly every wire behind the media center.

I say no to this cat-dressing wanting, it will destroy worlds.

Oh, and thank you Garryn. Can't wait to see what'll change for the sketch.
  • So curiousity. I haven't been around for any Imperian betas how are they set up exactly and who gets involved in them?
  • Devim said:

So curiousity. I haven't been around for any Imperian betas how are they set up exactly and who gets involved in them?

He opens up applications and generally allows previous testers in by default.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Devim said:

So curiousity. I haven't been around for any Imperian betas how are they set up exactly and who gets involved in them?

It's a separate instance of the game where you're given loads of credits and access to all the professions and statpacks. As Sarrius said, it's an open application process that's quite inclusive. We simply have to keep numbers relatively small to avoid taxing the server resources and negatively affecting the main game.
  • Over 9000?
    edited July 2013
    I have I just I am I can't I just have I don't even I just I uh

squee

• Garryn said:
    One significant change from the previous announcement is that there is no secondary attunement, as the concept didn't really work as well as I was hoping

This part pleases me, because I wasn't looking forward to that mechanic for Summoner.
  • Frankly, I'm still expecting that mechanic to bomb for Mages as well.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

A whole lot of my trepidation disappeared at seeing it go straight fire.

I am worried about how well quicken can be used to prevent it from being cured.

Too many questions. Can't even begin to guess. Excited. 
  • edited July 2013
    So where did the fire theme come from for summoner? Because.. uh.. I don't see it.

EDIT: I know I should have said something when you first posted about it, but it's been boggling my mind ever since. It just doesn't thematically fit.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Lionas said:
    So where did the fire theme come from for summoner? Because.. uh.. I don't see it.

EDIT: I know I should have said something when you first posted about it, but it's been boggling my mind ever since. It just doesn't thematically fit.
    It's a rewrite, I have no problem with thematic changes.
  • Most likely the idea came from Chris Bourassa's female elf warlock drawing.
    They were burning stuff left and right from the moment magick was released into the game world, canonically.

I don't see how this couldn't be spun into some sort of vengeance thing.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited July 2013
    Thematic:

Science was hard. Stavenn smash. Proceed to fire.

Nailed it.
    edited July 2013
    too easy nvm
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited July 2013
    I guess you could go with "Azaoz smashed a lot with fire, lets do that!" That's just being a copy cat and gets into all sorts of legal issues and copyright infringement. 

Let's raise a glass to poor Dranor. He died to fire. :(
  • Destro Warlocks son! GREEN FIRE!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited July 2013
    Speaking of Fire, there's been some concern regarding the damage type Summoners will do.

It has been noted that Fire is extremely easy to boost your resistance to, upwards of 50% in several cases. Are you considering this fact when making the class @Garryn?

• My guess is that it'll be a mix of fire and magick damage. But either way, numbers are always tweaked during beta tests so there shouldn't be a reason to worry.
  • edited July 2013
    There's always a reason to worry.

I'd just like to avoid having the Beta team say "Yeah this should be good enough." have it get released and then a Druid coming along and saying "Lol, that's not damage. THIS is damage!"

• Ragnar said:
    It has been noted that Fire is extremely easy to boost your resistance to, upwards of 50% in several cases. Are you considering this fact when making the class @Garryn?
    Yes.
  • What if someone can naturally breathe underwater? Im wondering how funny that would be combined  with Submersion XD
  • Make hangedman go awaaaaaaay
    :((
  • Noala said:
    What if someone can naturally breathe underwater? Im wondering how funny that would be combined  with Submersion XD
    Lamirans have the skill to breathe underwater. Though I'm sure something could be worked out.