Skip to content

Mage and Summoner revamps

Comments

• Khizan said:

Here's a request:

I find myself more amused than any reasonable person should be by watching Mages spin in circles and wave feathers and ring bells and such while doing alchemy. 

So can the conjuring of the sigils and such still show them doing backflips while ringing a bell and burning the circled polygon and crossing the streams and such? 

Thanks.

If this request is met, can we, at a later date, convert this thread to a brainstorming session of ridiculous actions for all sigil creation?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    Obvious response:

• PS I'm still collecting donations for the 1st Annual Quelinost-Hates-Alchemy champagne and caviar party. I haven't contacted him yet but I feel like he'll go for it.
  • So with Terrais and friends gone will mage be allowed armour at last? On a side note I do not count robes as armour given the only way they give defense is to put runes on them and if they haven't changed will just crumble after a good couple days of bashing.
  • The sound of all these references flying over my head is deafening.
  • Devim said:
    So with Terrais and friends gone will mage be allowed armour at last?
    Stoneskin is still there.
  • Garryn said:
    Devim said:
    So with Terrais and friends gone will mage be allowed armour at last?
    Stoneskin is still there.
    Is it going to accommodate for lesser ability to put up resistances with out terrais or are mages just going to go from squishy to soggy bread
  • Maybe. We'll see how the profession turns out as a whole.
  • So... with the wreathe abilities for the crystal when it say one or more is it going to be like either 1 with a chance of 2 or is it going to be like crits with like 75% hitting 1 20% hitting 2 and 5% hitting 3 (random percentages btw just for example) and i don't see a valid reason to give 4 other than lol RNG just gave me instakill in two moves
  • It's "one more", not "one or more". The effect increases attunement by one level in addition to the usual spell effect.
  • Oh ok sorry dyslexia kicked in for a moment... or maybe it was just wishful thinking
  • Three more questions.

Can a single mage use multiple flamecircles on the same person before the last wears off?

Can multiple mages hit one person with different flamecircles(I don't mean stacking more than one on an affliction, I mean having four mages hit with a different flamecircle at the same time)?

Does the immunity to Firestorm last long enough to prevent a single mage from using it over and over again, or is it just long enough to prevent multiple mages from using it?
  • Out of curiousity (and forgive me if this has already been asked and answered), what effect will all the vibe-killing and rite-killing skills have after  the new class is implemented?
  • Honestly, I hope they just get deleted. The skillsets that have them don't really need anything else.
  • Ahkan said:
    Honestly, I hope they just get deleted. The skillsets that have them don't really need anything else.
    Not likely - I recall Garryn always preferring to add new functions instead of deletion.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Fine. We'll compromise.

Shield tap - Makes a delightful noise in the room healing giving everyone in the room +10hp. Move it to capable.
  • Ahkan said:
    Fine. We'll compromise.

Shield tap - Makes a delightful noise in the room healing giving everyone in the room +10hp. Move it to capable.
    "Sarrius childishly slams his sword and shield together, making an obnoxious sound." - can it do damage, too? :(

• Ahkan said:
    Fine. We'll compromise.

Single target  only please.  Non-comboable.  Sarrius, Doctor of the Dance.
  • Sarrius said:
    Ahkan said:
    Fine. We'll compromise.

"Sarrius childishly slams his sword and shield together, making an obnoxious sound." - can it do damage, too? :(
    10 damage
  • Ahkan said:
    Sarrius said:
    Ahkan said:
    Fine. We'll compromise.

10 damage
    Deal. Obviously, Chamine will become another stun - that was never in contention.
  • Going on the current bard design, chamine will stun with a masked affliction and count for two resonances. It may even heal the bard.
  • Ahkan said:
    Going on the current bard design, chamine will stun with a masked affliction and count for two resonances. It may even heal the bard.
    Based on nuarinyu afflictions present, in fact - I will let you decided which of those three factors it multiplies, if not all of them (the obvious design decision).
  • edited June 2013
    Umm why are we asking about rite killing they aren't leaving yet... although fingers crossed on soon having it happen
  • Dicene said:
    Three more questions.

Can a single mage use multiple flamecircles on the same person before the last wears off?

Can multiple mages hit one person with different flamecircles(I don't mean stacking more than one on an affliction, I mean having four mages hit with a different flamecircle at the same time)?

Does the immunity to Firestorm last long enough to prevent a single mage from using it over and over again, or is it just long enough to prevent multiple mages from using it?
    A new firecircle replaces the previous one, if any - so only one can exist on a target.

Firestorm immunity is intended to prevent multiple mages' usage, akin to other similar attacks.
    Enryk said:
    Out of curiousity (and forgive me if this has already been asked and answered), what effect will all the vibe-killing and rite-killing skills have after  the new class is implemented?
    Undecided yet.
  • Will submerge times depend only on the water attunement when the ability starts or will it check for attunement at different points through the time
  • It's currently only checked at start.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Will you be removing whisperingmadness? 
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited June 2013
    E: Nvm.
  • How's Summoner looking? I'm most intrigued about the Enslavery revamp.