Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Allow for the consolidation of multiple feedings to a pet with the command 'FEED <animal> PELLETS'. This would automatically take whatever number of pellets required to feed the pet from what you have on hand. I imagine when the rift changes finish, it could just as easily take this number from what you have in the rift. This change is really in the interest of reducing the spam in the game, which I think is something everyone can get behind.

Also, we're still waiting on the removal of the balance cost from emoting.

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I was going for what Azefel was saying. I apologize I didn't convey what I meant well.
  • edited April 2013
    I thought the emoting balance cost was to avoid its use in combat, specially since the moment you could insert your name and other's names anywhere, efectively enabling to reproduce attack's messages. (basically a staff of illusion)

+1 to the pellets thing.
  • @Labil Yeah, in my original post on the emote balance, I stated that it was probably because of some combat thing, but since path finding has recently had its balance cost replaced with a cooldown, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to replace the emote balance cost with a (small) cooldown as well. And if it really gets to be an issue for some stupid reason, just make it like self-harm, where you can't do it so many seconds within attacking/being attacked by another player.

• You have emoted: Mena tries this fabulous new thing, twirling like mad among the leaves.
    Balance Taken: 1.10s

It might be because I don't really emote, but I hardly see 1.10s as a deterrent on use. I thought it was something relevant. *shrug*
  • Provided it has the same restrictions as self harm, I don't why not, indeed.
  • edited April 2013
    Considering the speed of pathfinding, do you even have time to type out an emote while you go?
  • Some of us who have replaced regular emotes with custom ones via alias sometimes forget. #FWP
  • VelionVelion California, USA
    edited April 2013
    Make liberate/assume change Modulation like it used to. Probably taken out for a good reason but I want it back :(

Edit: Grammar.
  • edited April 2013
    Velion said:
    Make liberate/assume change Modulation like it used to. Probably taken out for a good reason but I want it back :(

I hope this doesn't means that each assume/liberate would trigger a new modulation trow of dice. Because that would be stupid. And I'm saying this as someone that is bound to go Change.

What I would like to see? I would like to NOT see full titles in look and the like. I don't want to read the whole name to be sure that I'm looking at Princess Unicorn A, the Loved of B, instead of Shining B, Defender of the Bats. If I wanted to knew the full name of someone, I have HONOURS for that. Make it configurable. I wouldn't mind same thing for says in room, but it is less relevant.
  • edited April 2013
    Lionas will now be known as Ahkan Dios Lionas Sol'Anlumaire, Redwood Blight.
    You will now be known as Ahkan Dios Lionas Sol'Anlumaire, Redwood Blight, by order of Ahkan Dios Lionas Sol'Anlumaire, Redwood Blight.
    Lionas will now be known as Ahkan Dios Lionas Sol'Anlumaire.
    You will now be known as Ahkan Dios Lionas Sol'Anlumaire, by order of Ahkan Dios Lionas Sol'Anlumaire.
    Ahkan will now be known as Ahkan Dios, Ultimatum of Sukhder.
    Ahkan will now be known as Ahkan Dios Lionas Sol'Anlumaire.

EDIT: Now that I'm done annoying Mena, I set them back.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
    Labil said:
    Velion said:

I hope this doesn't means that each assume/liberate would trigger a new modulation trow of dice. Because that would be stupid. And I'm saying this as someone that is bound to go Change.

What I would like to see? I would like to NOT see full titles in look and the like. I don't want to read the whole name to be sure that I'm looking at Princess Unicorn A, the Loved of B, instead of Shining B, Defender of the Bats. If I wanted to knew the full name of someone, I have HONOURS for that. Make it configurable. I wouldn't mind same thing for says in room, but it is less relevant.
    That's exactly what I meant. Like I said, it was taken out for a good reason(dumb) and should probably stay gone. But that doesn't stop me from wanting it.
  • Velion said:

It never CHANGED modulation. It REMOVED modulation. So if you drew a 6 con, you could liberate/assume and go back to base stats. You had to wait till the next IG day to get a new modulation. There was never a point in time where you could assume/liberate/assume/liberate until you drew 18/18 str/con as fast, or anything like that.

So adding that change to modulation as it is now would be pointless and stupid, because it would be 100% loss. You'd be giving up a free stat point in exchange for absolutely nothing.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

Khizan said:
    Velion said:

It never CHANGED modulation. It REMOVED modulation. So if you drew a 6 con, you could liberate/assume and go back to base stats. You had to wait till the next IG day to get a new modulation. There was never a point in time where you could assume/liberate/assume/liberate until you drew 18/18 str/con as fast, or anything like that.

So adding that change to modulation as it is now would be pointless and stupid, because it would be 100% loss. You'd be giving up a free stat point in exchange for absolutely nothing.

For some reason I remember liberate/assume giving you a new mod. Ah well, my mistake.
  • I can't remember if this has been suggested or not. If so, whoops.

Arrow bins. These would have the exact same functionality as herb barrels, just for arrows. Pricing via how many are in the quiver gets expensive, and I only have so much shelf space I'm willing fork up for selling in bundles.
  • edited April 2013
    Create a "house" environment specifically for player homes, without the environment messages that are a bit silly when you're indoors.

Add an engineering version of the potstill for Libations.

E: Also it seems odd to me that potstills are so much more expensive than other crafting tools. 10,000 gold is a touch steep.
    I heard this the other day from someone, and it got me thinking that it would indeed be nice if there were some way to have two pets out at the same time. Not exactly sure where the problems might exist with having such a thing occur, but it'd still be great. I'd even like to have a mouse pet (like Minsc and his miniature giant space hamster) that I could cart around in my pocket. 
  • Sounds like familiars?

• I think the point of it is forcing you to choose a skillset. They don't want you having access to dirt trap, intimidate, skyguard, joust, treetoss, a mount, and vermin hunting all at the same time. Bet it's annoying for people without a class pet to have to choose between a utility pet or a mount.
    edited April 2013
    I'd have life's fourth power changed to being able to bring people out of phase and blackwind and such change would regain the chance of having a negative modulation and terror's fifth power would become terrifying someone enough that they are frozen in fear to move for however long with a cooldown usage.
  • Each circle has a way to deal with phase and blackwind, and magick's doesn't rely on a single profession.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited April 2013

I'd prefer terror shot lasers out of their eyes for 200 damage. 400 if you close one eye. Demonic lacks damage and can't kill people, so this should fix it.

I'm using the same logic as Life's upgrade and monk classleads.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    I'd take change "regain"ing the negative modulation only if it also means they get up to +10 to other things like before :D
  • Idea #53722                   Reporter(s): Caelya
    Priority: Ideas

Reported by Caelya at 2013/04/20 14:12:
    Delete the Cleansing rite. I know there was a failed classlead trying to change/improve it, but honestly, devotioners would be fine without it. All it really does is infuriate people on the other side of it, and it isn't fun. We can think up a plausible replacement if any is needed later on, but for the love of all that is holy, delete that rite of Cleansing.
    2013/04/20 14:19 Comment by: Caelya
    This hate was really sparked by having to face it in the arena, and my biggest peeve with arena games is when they strip all of your defs and you have to play 'GUESS WHICH DEF I LOST' when you get out of the arena. So, as an alternative to deleting a skill which you wouldn't do anyway outside of a classlead round, allow the arena to, in addition to curing afflictions [at the end of an arena event], restore all defs that were present on an individual upon entering the arena [pre-stripping, in the case of baitgames and freezetag]. It would be sort of like capturing a snapshot of a character and then reverting them to that point, def-wise. It sounds like a lot of coding, but I'd whine so much less about cleansing, freezetags, etc.

• Or you could track your defenses and put back up the few that it takes. It isn't like cleansing hits quickly, and it shows you what affliction it strips.

Coming up with something new and interesting for Cleansing to do is fine, but deleting it out of hand is senseless. It does serve a purpose, even if its random.
  • This is where Aetolia's development mindset  totally destroys ours. They delete things. Cleansing is in a position to delete. A lot of Imperian's skewness has come from people clinging to outdated, unnecessary skills and trying to retool them for future exploitation.

The game wants to move away from passive defense stripping. Everyone who pk's has spoken out against it at one time or another . Both classes that have cleansing are in good spots right now and do not need anything else. They also don't need passive defense stripping on top of their already amazing cake of versatility. Everyone hates. Do not need. Logic. Props to Caelya, you battle rezzing hero you.
  • edited April 2013

Speaking of battle-rez, I'd like to get that changed somehow. Having fights determined by "Who grabs the body first" is kind of stupid, as is having to kill the same person several times over the course of a fight because their side wins the balancefight for the body.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited April 2013

------------
     - Syntax: INHUME <target>
     - This power has two functions. The first will prevent the corpse
       of anyone you slay from being submerged in Aryana's spring. The
       second allows you to give an affliction to a target. That
       affliction will last for approximately 1 hour. During this duration,
       if any player kills the target, effects like starburst tattoos and
       the Redemption ability will not resurrect the target. Additionally,
       the target will not be resurrectable by any player skills.
       The cooldown before you can use this ability again is 1 hour.

• Oh man. I can prevent one rez an hour! 

So that means that when you focus out of Dis in 45 seconds, I've only got to wait another 59 minutes and 15 seconds to prevent you from getting brezzed again!