Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• edited March 2013
    It'd be cool to have an 'assist' counter based on which players did a significant percentage of damage to them within the last thirty seconds, and shard research/skill in Perception could let you see this via deathsight.

Example:

Alice has been killed by Bob.
    You sense that Charlie, Dave and Eric assisted in the kill.
  • I would really like some kind of in game notepad like function, something like a ghelp file that can only be edited and read by me. 

Just someplace I can make notes and delete them, without having to worry about journal pages or the like.  "Comment on classlead X", "Talk to so-and-so about promotion in guild", etc.

It would also be nice if it had a command like "note Do not follow Selthis' links" that would just tack that sentence onto a new line at the end of the mehelp file.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I'd like to be able to more with decapitated heads rather than stock them in cases and pikes cause I'm weird like that.
  • It would also be nice if it had a command like "note Do not follow Selthis' links" that would just tack that sentence onto a new line at the end of the mehelp file.

Best advice ever.
  • Newbies are now unable to accidentally attack/kill loyal mobs. This is fantastic. Make this a config option for all players.

• Caelya said:
    Newbies are now unable to accidentally attack/kill loyal mobs. This is fantastic. Make this a config option for all players.
    At the very least, for orgs that you're a part of. An NPC loyal to Antioch should require you confirm the attack if you're a member to Antioch.
  • Allow me to send tells, talk on channels, and look at wholists while I'm on the way down to Dis. Give me something to do besides rue not having a token anchor.

• Caelya said:
    Allow me to send tells, talk on channels, and look at wholists while I'm on the way down to Dis. Give me something to do besides rue not having a token anchor.
    Do what Kliko does...file issues.
  • Caelya said:
    Allow me to send tells, talk on channels, and look at wholists while I'm on the way down to Dis. Give me something to do besides rue not having a token anchor.

Eh. No.

Death has few enough penalties as it is. Taking somebody out of the communication loop for a bit in a teamfight is one of them.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:
    Caelya said:

Eh. No.

Death has few enough penalties as it is. Taking somebody out of the communication loop for a bit in a teamfight is one of them.

Okay, fair enough, but can I at least look at who lists? :(
  • It might involve crazy coding, but it would be nice to be able to merge clans, particularly city/guild affiliated clans.

I ask for this primarily because I am in constant awe of Antioch and the Avengers' outlandish number of unused or barely used clans, none of which can be dissolved because they're owned by an organization.
  • Is there going to be a change to the way we turn in vermin to the sellall command? Seems logical to not have several ways to turn in groups of corpses.
  • Lalitana said:
    It might involve crazy coding, but it would be nice to be able to merge clans, particularly city/guild affiliated clans.

I ask for this primarily because I am in constant awe of Antioch and the Avengers' outlandish number of unused or barely used clans, none of which can be dissolved because they're owned by an organization.
    Or at least add the ability for a GM to set a clan dormant. Remove all members, remove it from clan list, and allow the GM to activate it again should they ever want it again.

It's silly that I have to give clan head to an inactive novice to get it out of my hair.
  • I think there is something to be said about taking a look at the Trade system. It's either failing, or not really providing anything other than maintaining siege and guards. There could be lots of opportunities for something new, and perhaps less tedious.

• Cadeyrn said:

Is there going to be a change to the way we turn in vermin to the sellall command? Seems logical to not have several ways to turn in groups of corpses.

Yes. Waiting because it requires me to change the way we spawn vermin too.
    Lindsay said:

I think there is something to be said about taking a look at the Trade system. It's either failing, or not really providing anything other than maintaining siege and guards. There could be lots of opportunities for something new, and perhaps less tedious.

No argument here.

• Eusto said:
    Is there going to be a change to the way we turn in vermin to the sellall command? Seems logical to not have several ways to turn in groups of corpses.
    Yes. Waiting because it requires me to change the way we spawn vermin too.
    So are they going to be actual mobs now? Will we finally be able to fight with baby rat sitaras?
  • They already are actual mobs, and baby rat sitaras should already be possible.
  • Now I want a baby rat sitara.

Cadeyrn said:
    Now I want a baby rat sitara.

You begin to wield a sitara made of baby rats in your left hand.

You step in quickly with a slash across Gurn's torso.

Gurn begins to chuckle at the tiny sitara, but his laughter is cut short when foamy saliva builds up on the corners of his mouth. Gurn dramatically falls to the ground as his breathless gasps choke out, "Aye, that is the rub," and strikes one last pose to show his angst and despair.

You carefully wipe off the remains of baby rat's hopes and dreams from your blade, looking down at Gurn's stoic body.

You have slain Gurn.

Gurn said:
    wat

I don't know. I'm weird and like making up things in my head like that. Happens all the time with my adult ADD for some reason.

--------------------------------------

I'd like a way to check fancy pets like the white ermine for the actions available to make them react properly.

• If someone is under the required level to join an event, don't send them any sort of notification that an event is about to begin. It's probably going to confuse them, especially while they're busy learning. See: newbies.

• [20:22][H:110 M:93 X:54.62][eb db] city sanctuary mare
    A tranquil white mare does not belong to a member of your city.

I'd like to be able to CITY SANCTUARY inactive player's pets inside my city/townes that don't belong to citymembers. Make it just stuff them in the Caanae kennel, or something. I really don't want to kill them.
  • Abigail said:
    [20:22][H:110 M:93 X:54.62][eb db] city sanctuary mare

I'd like to be able to CITY SANCTUARY inactive player's pets inside my city/townes that don't belong to citymembers. Make it just stuff them in the Caanae kennel, or something. I really don't want to kill them.
    I wish pets logged out when their owners did so that there wouldn't be hundreds of animals littering the city. 
  • edited March 2013
    Lalitana said:
    I wish pets logged out when their owners did so that there wouldn't be hundreds of animals littering the city. 
    You can CITY SANCTUARY the pets belonging to inactive city members if you have the power. It helps, but not a lot.
    Abigail said:
    [20:22][H:110 M:93 X:54.62][eb db] city sanctuary mare

Slaughter them all! Make horse bacon!
  • Horse tacos dude!
  • I don't really know how pets in the room are a problem.

On the other hand, summoners need the way to share sanguis like necromances share essence!
  • Besides spamming up a room with items, pets of the same type that you own are auto-targetted for some things, like trying to train or put away your pet, which requires you to IH or memorize your pet's ID/make an alias for that pet. While that's all well and good, it's obnoxious.

• Caelya said:
    Besides spamming up a room with items, pets of the same type that you own are auto-targetted for some things, like trying to train or put away your pet, which requires you to IH or memorize your pet's ID/make an alias for that pet. While that's all well and good, it's obnoxious.
    Maybe we can have a skill added to Taming which could minimize this problem. Instead of doing a collar of taming, we could have maybe craft collars that you can name the pets yourself for money, but comes with trans taming, right after befriend. It could be really expensive to craft them, and they would not prevent the animal from dying like artifact collars do. Just a thought.