Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Runes on individual tablets, flares left per rune, etc.
  • No idea, I just make sure to always have two tablets with all the runes I usually use. Make that four since I keep sowulu/pithakhan in two diff tables from the rest of the runes, since they are bound to run out faster of charges.
  • I'm not sure I agree with that on principle. Having three new afflictions by default seems like an even more conceptually confusing situation than the one we currently have, especially to newbies.

I can -definitely- see an argument for removing "blind" and "deaf" from afflictions, though. They make much more sense to be tracked as defences (and, indeed, they show up on DEF already). Removing mindseye or moving its effects to a general skill like Perception would resolve that issue.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited March 2013
    You can make an argument for blind and deaf, almost. Unfortunately, shifting these around has the potential to cause more problems than it solves. 

Mass, this seems like trying to smuggle some whack shit in with two almost logical ideas. Yes. Thread trap/firewall is dumb. Firewall should have never been made a general access ability. Since it's not going away, the best way to address this is probably with the timing and application of 'room' entrance events. I'm guessing it's firewall --> threadtrap. It should really be threadtrap--> firewall. 

Past that, G-bot just needs better ways to alter priority defense/afflictions (I don't mind being on fire, I mind getting sucked into scumbag AM)  and maybe even a delay, so it has time to process my overrides before doing its own thing. 
  • It would be nice if org logs (particularly revenue logs) were searchable.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited March 2013
    May we have the ability to give an item to a loyal pet rather than having to throw it to them?
  • edited March 2013
    @Khizan Why not just remove blindness and deafness like they did with endurance and willpower? In their place, you could have something like a concentration defense that would protect against battlecry/thespia attacks (Instead of the battlecry/thespia attack stripping deafness, it could ruin your concentration). For blindness, which is mainly a defense against transfixation, have something similar, I dunno, some sort of sight defense, like nightsight, thats stripped upon attack. Eating the existing hyssop/juniper would give these defenses. Most of the attacks would still function the same, only the defense stripping part would change.

Failing that, we could add a new item(s) into engineering-Goggles and earplugs. Attacks that usually stripped blind/deaf would cause both to stop functioning for a certain period of time. Only bad part about this would be reworking juniper/hyssop.

Mindseye could be reworked to be something more useful. In fact, alot of tattoos could be reworked to be more useful....
  • Not sure if this is possible, but it just occurred to me when Mathiaus bailed on a King of the Hill in the arena. Could there be a chance to build a more dynamic arena event around KOTH? Something a little bit more intuitive based on the queue for the event itself?

Based off of the initial event queue, you could have tiers of 2 teams, 3 teams, 4 teams. You could even allow for 'org based' KOTHs. To be honest, I think this would lead to more cities buying KOTH just to have a free shot to scrum with another circle in a circle v circle or a circle v circle v circle  brawl. It would actually be one of those rare venues where you can guarantee balance of numbers. To further develop this, when someone (like mathiaus) taps out for whatever reason, could it tag in someone who was waiting in the queue on the outside? (You'd have to build in a cooldown that would deny people (like Mathiaus) from quitting/rejoining.
  • edited March 2013
    In the same way that diagnose was lowered in Survival to accommodate newbies, move down Fluidswim. You know what's really newbie unfriendly? Pathing through water while leading someone who can't swim, and then they die.

Alternatively, allow people who can't swim to not take damage (from drowning) while following someone who can swim.

• Only if they have to PIGGYBACK ON CAELYA for it to work. :>
    edited March 2013
    Since you're so bent out of shape about it, I'll let you know my dog had decided to take a big diaherra party on my carpet and I decided to quit the arena than stay there and do nothing while I took care of the poopapalooza. You're welcome.
  • Point still stands. You enter a fight, your teammate is bathing in shit. You need a new teammate. TAG IN SYSTEM...GOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Have drunkenness tick down while you're offline. Waiting 30+ minutes to start playing just because I had to log off earlier than you expected last time is not just annoying, and means I'm inclined to log right back off and not even bother.
    Officially a villain since 7 AM.
  • edited March 2013
    When I'm tired of being drunk, I just die.
    ETA: This applies to real life, too.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Susser said:
    Have drunkenness tick down while you're offline. Waiting 30+ minutes to start playing just because I had to log off earlier than you expected last time is not just annoying, and means I'm inclined to log right back off and not even bother.
    This seems like some #fwp. If you don't like hangovers, don't drink? 
  • Regarding blindness and deafness. I imagine it's annoying for a novice going out and buying suggested herbs with AC DEF ON when they blind/deaf themselves without having a mindseye and no help files mention how to cure it because it's universally considered a defense. I like the idea of changing them to afflictions for sensitivity to sight and sound, similar to how yoth is. Don't think it's necessary, but I'd like to see it.

The biggest current problems I see with current blind/deaf are the inability to adjust their priority so they don't come before more important herb cures and the inability to outrift while transfixed/ensnared. Lets Saboteurs and Wardancers just roll transfix as long as they want against most people since most people don't outrift.

The upcoming rift changes will remedy the second issue, not sure how admin would prefer to fix the first issue. HyperVision/HyperHearing afflictions would allow them to be prioritized properly in the current priority system but would, I would assume, involve a healthy amount of rewriting the aff/def code for blindness/deafness and going through and adjusting code for all skills that tfix. Adding some sort of option in AUTOCURING to adjust the handling of blindness/deafness would work as well and likely be much quicker to implement, but would feel like a bandaid to me since it wouldn't be fully implemented into the current priority system. I honestly think that HyperVision/HyperHearing would be a better way to handle things, but I'd be happy with anything that fixes their current problems.
  • Give champion status an honors line, so we can check champ status with people who are chammed and or have gem of cloaking on.

• Delrayne said:
    Give champion status an honors line, so we can check champ status with people who are chammed and or have gem of cloaking on.
    Champion list

I would like to see a better cost effective way to ink sketches, since 50+ goldink, purpleink, etc. for each sketchbook eats up my gold.

• ?_?

"We need more goldsinks!"

Auuuugh the goldsinks!

• Mathiaus said:

I would like to see a better cost effective way to ink sketches, since 50+ goldink, purpleink, etc. for each sketchbook eats up my gold.

Life is hard. Go bash.
  • In any prolonged fight, a wytch runs through a lot of inks, either by using colored dust or sketching runes.

Like Ahkan said, life is hard.

It's cause I'm bard, isn't it?

I can agree to the collective points given.

Would like to see a command that's simply, 'order loyals follow me' instead of commanding every individual loyal pet/creature/demon to follow, especially when they generate random numbers everytime and have the same names.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited April 2013
    consolidated loyals attack/pacify messages if LOYALS syntax was used with ORDER.

so for example if the command ORDER LOYALS FOLLOW ME was used, instead of looking like:

490H490 460M460 0B 0D [eb][T:-|solo] order loyals follow me
    You cannot order a mounted animal to follow anyone.
    Your order is obeyed.
    A spotted lynx obediently falls into line behind you.
    Your order is obeyed.
    A golden-headed lion tamarin obediently falls into line behind you.
    Your order is obeyed.
    A dark crow obediently falls into line behind you.
    Your order is obeyed.
    A muddy crocodile obediently falls into line behind you.
    Your order is obeyed.
    A sleek harpy eagle obediently falls into line behind you.
    Your order is obeyed.
    An elusive snow leopard obediently falls into line behind you.

It would look something like:

Your order is obeyed.
    Your loyals obediently fall into line behind you.

Maybe have a CONFIG option to keep the old verbose one for people who like the spam, I guess.
  • edited April 2013
    Mathiaus said:
    Would like to see a command that's simply, 'order loyals follow me' instead of commanding every individual loyal pet/creature/demon to follow, especially when they generate random numbers everytime and have the same names.
    Err, that command DOES exists. Have you tried it? If it doesn't works on sketches, BUG it.

ANNOUNCE NEWS #1409
    Date: 12/10/2009 at 16:40

- You can now ORDER LOYALS [something] This will issue the order to all your loyal entities in the room, regardless on whom they are following. It is mainly done to resolve some problems with attaching Summoner demons, but it has other applications too.

Edit: I hate how these forums work. I had to edit change something from < and to > to [] before I realized how could I fix it.
    Edit2: Ok, the Simple Html cheatsheet is lying to me or </> aren't working as intended.