Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Shopkeepers currently are nothing but aesthetics. It would be neat if they could engrave items bought from the shop for the same fee as a normal crafter, giving them some function while getting the shop a bit more business.
  • While I'm not saying engraving would be good or bad, some more aesthetics could help make them more enticing. Emotes on things like entering, leaving, buying, checking out items, etc. Ambient messages and emotes. Those sorts of things.

With the PATH GROUP ON fail messages, can we have it specify the reason? At the very least, it just gives the generic message when trying to enter a door, which could be more informative.
  • ^ or if you can't(for some reason) supply a reason for the person it's rejecting for, doing the move check on you first and supplying the reason why YOU can't move would also be great, since it's be useful to see that I'm bouncing off a wall, more than just seeing that I'm being held up because of <x> person.
  • Movement is a very complicated piece of code, so that may not be possible. I'll take a look at it though.

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited January 2015
    Its not really an 'improvement' per se... But could a shard falling into my room have a 1:1000 chance of falling on my head and killing me? :3 I think I would chuckle if I saw "Iniar was brutally impaled by a falling piece of skycandy." randomly on deathsight. @Eoghan
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iniar said:
    Its not really an 'improvement' per se... But could a shard falling into my room have a 1:1000 chance of falling on my head and killing me? :3 I think I would chuckle if I saw "Iniar was brutally impaled by a falling piece of skycandy." randomly on deathsight. @Eoghan
    Why not 1:1?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Thinking about the newbies :(
  • Iniar said:
    Thinking about the newbies :(
    So was I.  That's the stuff legends are made of.
  • You're rolepaying in the grasslands and you've been at it for 45m (because this is srs). The ground rumbles and the sky burns. Oh no! It's a shard fall and it's in your area. Before you can even think, a shard impales you right in the dome. BAM! You're dead. The immersion is ruined because of an ooc mechanic. It's time to step away because the vibe is gone.

.5/10. Bad idea.
  • Ahkan said:
    You're rolepaying in the grasslands and you've been at it for 45m (because this is srs). The ground rumbles and the sky burns. Oh no! It's a shard fall and it's in your area. Before you can even think, a shard impales you right in the dome. BAM! You're dead. The immersion is ruined because of an ooc mechanic. It's time to step away because the vibe is gone.

.5/10. Bad idea.
    Solution: Roleplay Indoors.
  • pkers are ruining this game
  • IniarIniar Australia
    @Eoghan, you are welcome to drop a high-speed lethal heat-seeking shard on me any day.
  • Random death in the hostile lands of Imperian is awesome and not the least bit game breaking or OOC.  I volunteer as well.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    A few simple things:

Syntax: CLAN APPOINT <member> TO <position>

You have appointed Mikihide as Administrator of the Demonic PK.

Can we please drop the 'TO'?

You have invited Mikihide to join the clan of Demonic PK. You will be notified if the invitation is accepted.

Mikihide tells you, "Sorry I'm dumb redo."

Mikihide is already invited to that clan.

Can we have re-invitation simply re-send the 'ACCEPT' prompt?

Something keeps you from doing that.

I tried to portalwand to Ultrix in her safehouse. Can we make it 'A protective aura stops you from doing that.'
  • JuranJuran Ohio
    edited January 2015
    I know that it seems like a minor thing because it's likely been broken for years and no one noticed. I also know that I am probably the only player in the game that will even use it, but would someone please fix truefeign? It's a sad little skill that no longer works at all.
  • edited January 2015
    Juran said:
    I know that it seems like a minor thing because it's likely been broken for years and no one noticed. I also know that I am probably the only player in the game that will even use it, but would someone please fix truefeign? It's a sad little skill that no longer works at all.

We're aware of the issue with truefeign. It's pretty low on the priority list, because it doesn't appear to be a simple fix. To tide you over, we did recently fix feignwalking (which was also broken, but was a simple fix),
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • That's too bad. It should be considered a core part of the bard skillset, and it's a huge mistake on the players part that no one else but me uses it.
  • If truefeign had been used extensively it would have been removed by now; faking identity is too confusing in large fights and it would easily lead to unpleasant scenarios when I go out and blow some innocent away because Juran was pretending to be them.

Though it would be pretty cool to use that to set up hits on people I dislike, I suppose. Make an OOC agreement with Juran, he attacks me in a group while pretending to be that person, I run away and get 'revenge' on them later because they totally attacked me, I have logs and everything.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• It's too much mana to be used in that fashion, but it's by far the most interesting mechanic in the game for disruption.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Juran said:

It's too much mana to be used in that fashion, but it's by far the most interesting mechanic in the game for disruption.

Reason why I never used it much.
  • <sings>
    Yoooou've goooot tooooo
    Waaaalk like Amon!
    Talk like Amon!
    Gamble like Amooo-ooo-oooon, my son!
    </sings>
    Get it? Because you're feignwalking? :|

Why is the lamia a lamia? Am I the only one who feels like this was an RNG pop from a demon list? Wouldn't something like a shadow or other cliche sneaky thing be better? I mean, I like my lamia, but it's just hard to get over that feeling. I don't remember seeing any roleplay behind it, but I could be mistaken?
  • My guess is because summoning a demon is a clear tie to demonic, sort of like how I wanted Possession added to Necromancy specifically to give Deathknights a hard link to demonic powers to prevent the Janus crowd from going 'Death is natural, Necromancy is death magick, we're friends with deathknights!"

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:
    My guess is because summoning a demon is a clear tie to demonic, sort of like how I wanted Possession added to Necromancy specifically to give Deathknights a hard link to demonic powers to prevent the Janus crowd from going 'Death is natural, Necromancy is death magick, we're friends with deathknights!"
    I'd be okay with another demon. "A demonic shadow" would be fine, and mildly less silly than "A demonic lamia". I'd say maybe a succubus, but that's only because I'd like that. I don't really have a concrete idea other than "Make moar bettar", so this was probably better off in I Hate :/
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Kabaal said:
    Khizan said:
    My guess is because summoning a demon is a clear tie to demonic, sort of like how I wanted Possession added to Necromancy specifically to give Deathknights a hard link to demonic powers to prevent the Janus crowd from going 'Death is natural, Necromancy is death magick, we're friends with deathknights!"
    I'd be okay with another demon. "A demonic shadow" would be fine, and mildly less silly than "A demonic lamia". I'd say maybe a succubus, but that's only because I'd like that. I don't really have a concrete idea other than "Make moar bettar", so this was probably better off in I Hate :/
    demonic.

• Lamias are a serpentine demon and we know you're all about the hissy hiss hiss.

Do we have an ETA on fixing the bugged out treants, @eoghan @garryn ?
    Today we shall die.
  • Any plans to announce the January promotion? That would improve my experience!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited January 2015
    Linslet said:
    Do we have an ETA on fixing the bugged out treants, @eoghan @garryn ?
    My day job is requiring me to be in the office for a few weeks, so my Imperian time is super limited. This bug is on my list to investigate this weekend.
    EDIT: Should be fixed. There's a similar bug for wolves I still need to fix. EDIT EDIT: Wolf bug should also now be fixed.
    Bathan said:
    Any plans to announce the January promotion? That would improve my experience!
    The current promo was extended to the 15th (Announce news 2934). The new promo will be announced when it's released then.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Juran said:
    That's too bad. It should be considered a core part of the bard skillset, and it's a huge mistake on the players part that no one else but me uses it.
    A few other people have filed reports for it. Unfortunately, it keeps getting set low on the heap, because we always have bigger things to work on. I'll see if I can reasonably bump it up on my priority list, but my coding time is pretty limited for the next few weeks.
  • edited January 2015
    Iniar said:
    A few simple things:

Syntax: CLAN APPOINT <member> TO <position>

You have appointed Mikihide as Administrator of the Demonic PK.

Can we please drop the 'TO'?

You have invited Mikihide to join the clan of Demonic PK. You will be notified if the invitation is accepted.

Mikihide tells you, "Sorry I'm dumb redo."

Mikihide is already invited to that clan.

Can we have re-invitation simply re-send the 'ACCEPT' prompt?

Something keeps you from doing that.

I tried to portalwand to Ultrix in her safehouse. Can we make it 'A protective aura stops you from doing that.'
    No, no, and I'll change it, but likely to something else.

More specifically:
    1) I don't really see a reason to do that. We have a smattering of syntaxes both ways, but I personally feel leaving the "TO" in is clearer and I get to make the decision this time.
    2) You can just send them a tell/message reminding them. The invitation is still there waiting for them -- it isn't like the old AGREE system.
    3) "A protective aura" might imply something like prismatic. I'll just slightly clarify the message to show it's a room effect.
  • Regarding truefeign:

Truefeign should be behaving correctly for non-attack things (most notably, emotes and says). It is not currently usable for attacks, which will continue using your own name. We're going to evaluate whether that is functionality we want to support, as it can lead to a lot of problems (and cause headaches from an administrative point of view).