Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Skye said:
    A way to search ARTIFACT LIST OWNED for a specific item, please.
    ARTIFACT LIST OWNED <search string> now exists. This searches for a string within the name of the artifact. It can be longer than a single word, if you want.

For example, ARTIFACT LIST OWNED GEM will find anything with "gem" in its name. ARTIFACT LIST GEM OF CLOAKING will find anything with "gem of cloaking" in its name.

This is NOT case sensitive.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited August 2014
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :) If I knew how to do the little love face, I'd do it.
    ** Yes, we're aware of the problems. Please do NOT use any HELP files at the moment.**.
    ** And don't try them now just see if they're really broken. **.
    ** Or credit conversion. Try not to do anything much right now. **.
    ** Don't panic, normal service will be restored as soon as possible. For now, enjoy the wonders of conversation. **.
    *** We will be rebooting in about 60 seconds ***.
    ** Don't panic. Just...stay close to your rosaries **.
    ** Monetary offers for Salvation accepted. **.
  • Give someone an inch....

Add library to the list of local landmarks for when you're in a city, Council, or Caanae.

Continuing the thread of trying to get rid of Whyte's mapper, is it possible to have a way to show a complete list of rooms in an area?

Add something to either CHARACTERS or CREDIT REPORT that shows which one is set as the main one set for Elite.

Include BECKON ARTIFACTS and BECKON ARTIFACT # under the Usage list when someone does ARTIFACT by itself.

Add something to the revenue logs of a city or Council that states when someone sells commodities back into the organization.

Add something to a shoplog that shows when the cache runs out of a commodity.

Allow a creator to add a price on a design so anytime it's placed on a shelf in a store, it automatically sets that price as default. It can be changed manually in the shop if the person wishes.

A filter for DESIGN LIST that shows recently approved designs, like within the last seven days or something.

A version of FAMILIAR LIST for vanity pets, including if it can be traded, the item number, and where it is. A way to store them would be great as well, I know Aleutia has already mentioned that.

A way to examine items for sale in the promo market.

Either make it so referendum results last for a longer amount of time, or create a log of sorts that keeps a record of the results.

Sorry! *hides*
    ** Yes, we're aware of the problems. Please do NOT use any HELP files at the moment.**.
    ** Don't panic, normal service will be restored as soon as possible. For now, enjoy the wonders of conversation. **.
  • Skye said:
    Give someone an inch....
    Uh-oh
    Skye said:
    Add library to the list of local landmarks for when you're in a city, Council, or Caanae.
    We don't want to clutter the local landmarks up too much. I don't think we'll be adding one for the library.
    Skye said:
    Continuing the thread of trying to get rid of Whyte's mapper, is it possible to have a way to show a complete list of rooms in an area?
    I don't see a reason this can't exist, but isn't entirely my call. I'll add it to my list and talk with the people up here about it.
    Skye said:
    Add something to either CHARACTERS or CREDIT REPORT that shows which one is set as the main one set for Elite.
    This is a change that would have to happen IRE-wide to be adopted, but I'll pass it up the appropriate chain.
    Skye said:
    Include BECKON ARTIFACTS and BECKON ARTIFACT # under the Usage list when someone does ARTIFACT by itself.
    Ok, done
    Skye said:
    Add something to the revenue logs of a city or Council that states when someone sells commodities back into the organization.
    Ok, done.
    Skye said:
    Add something to a shoplog that shows when the cache runs out of a commodity.
    Ok, done, sort of. The log will report when a design is purchased and a resulting commodity is below 10 in the cache. Because the commodity is removed just before the purchase, the log line for the commodity will be on the line below (logically, before) the purchase that caused the decrease.
    Skye said:
    Allow a creator to add a price on a design so anytime it's placed on a shelf in a store, it automatically sets that price as default. It can be changed manually in the shop if the person wishes.
    Interesting idea. I'll add it to my list and consider it a bit more, but tentatively plan on doing this.
    Skye said:
    A filter for DESIGN LIST that shows recently approved designs, like within the last seven days or something.
    Also interesting. I'll add this to my list as well. (My list is getting long, so these may be put off for a while, but they're on the radar)
    Skye said:
    A version of FAMILIAR LIST for vanity pets, including if it can be traded, the item number, and where it is. A way to store them would be great as well, I know Aleutia has already mentioned that.
    VPET/VANITYPET LIST now exists.
    Skye said:
    A way to examine items for sale in the promo market.
    I go back and forth on this. I'll consider it.
    Skye said:
    Sorry! *hides*
    You should be. But really, that's what this thread is for, don't worry about it!
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    Skye said:
    I don't see a reason this can't exist, but isn't entirely my call. I'll add it to my list and talk with the people up here about it.
    Upon further thought, I have some misgivings about this. We'll talk about it. If it is created, it'll have limitations you might not like (like not showing hidden rooms, etc).
  • A way to see what ambients are put out by assembly horns/anklets/capes/crowns
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • Better: classify them as artifacts with removable/investible artifact powers. Serves the above purpose by giving them a power name and displaying that power in the appropriate lists!
  • Eoghan said:
    Eoghan said:
    Skye said:
    Upon further thought, I have some misgivings about this. We'll talk about it. If it is created, it'll have limitations you might not like (like not showing hidden rooms, etc).
    I'm okay with limitations! Something would be better than nothing.

Thanks again for all the other stuff, my life in Imperian is now much improved, heh. Oh, and look what I found -  :x ^:)^
  • It has been a while but can we look at random org assignments in the intro? The fact that people are assigned randomly with no recourse to choose is annoying if you want to make an alt somewhere specific or are from another IRE.
  • As a sect leader can we get a break down of who is investing in which sect rituals? I'm 99% everyone is heavily invested in favours. I wanted to see how other people were investing in their points before I got rid of a tree or two.
  • Could the liturgical symbol get the same tap-to-redesc treatment as the artifact altar?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited August 2014

vial201787     the toxin ketamine               60          53   <---sixty per individual affliction with a name
    vial201850     the toxin botulinum              60          53   <---sixty per individual affliction with a name

A large deck of Tarot cards is holding:
    200 blank cards.

There are 21-23 tarot cards. Make it like a rift plz, thanks. Think bone dust.

• Khizan said:
    Could the liturgical symbol get the same tap-to-redesc treatment as the artifact altar?
    Ok. Added to the list.
  • Selthis said:
    Gonna do some #FWP requests here.

1. Auctions.  Please have them. I have basically nothing to spend my credits and/or gold on. I know they don't generate the most income but they are fire and forget credit and gold drains.  They don't even have to be full week, just do unannounced 3 day auctions of stuff to clear out stockpiles. This would be particularly good for gold auctions.

2.  I have custom wings.  Please give me a way to change the exits. Every time I've asked I've been rebuffed. I will pay for the ability to reset the exits.  when I set them up, I set them to Ithaquan townes. I'm no longer Ithaquan and the exits are dumb and bad. Just let me spend credits to correct this.  Shit, give me a syntax that lets me reset exits in my custom wing room and then associate them myself for the cost of 50 credits per exit or something. 

Just give me something to do with my bound credits.  Otherwise, I'm at the point where I'm just going to cancel my elite, because I'm way too invested in one character to make an alt at this point, so the value  of the 25 bucks a month goes  down significantly.

Figured it was worth mentioning.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Can we have nicknames/callsigns? Like so:
    18) (2014/08/25 06:29) Kyris: "Iniar "Evil TrollHard" Nullheart."
    :(
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Can we also please have numbers in help files?

File names may only contain the letters and the following symbols: "_ : -"
  • Can we please lift the plot limits for townes? I have three people who want to get a house in Arkaskarr, but all three houses are taken. I get the tremendous amount of code that would probably go into something like this - but is there a way to at least up that amount to maybe five, or even ten?
  • Celestine said:
    Can we please lift the plot limits for townes? I have three people who want to get a house in Arkaskarr, but all three houses are taken. I get the tremendous amount of code that would probably go into something like this - but is there a way to at least up that amount to maybe five, or even ten?
    We have no plans to increase the number of towne housing plots. Sorry.
  • I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I think quests in Imperian need some help.

Can there be some general guidelines on solving quests, or some commands? I don't have a problem where if the "solving" aspect of the quest is finding an item or person. The main issue I have with quests is the commands needed to trigger the next step of a quest. For example "put straw in hole" vs "put straw into hole." 

Other problems with quests are if it's not as simple as pull, push, enter...we have to caress it? If the person who created the quest is going to pick some random word in the dictionary, can there at least be a hint that points us in this direction such as the item telling me, room description, or a mob mentioning it? I feel like I have to pull up thesaurus.com to find a similar word to get the right match each time. 

Am I in the minority where everyone else finds this fun? I would rather have a quest be very long and somewhat simple than having to figure out what "command" I need to do to interact with something.

• We have come up with some guidelines that we are slowly applying to all of them. Some of them are just like you say. I am not sure what someone was thinking when creating them. We are fixing them up as we run through all the areas. 

• Please allow governors to "towne lock", similar to the ability to city lock.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Risca said:
    Other problems with quests are if it's not as simple as pull, push, enter...we have to caress it? If the person who created the quest is going to pick some random word in the dictionary, can there at least be a hint that points us in this direction such as the item telling me, room description, or a mob mentioning it? I feel like I have to pull up thesaurus.com to find a similar word to get the right match each time. 
    I have this alias that does some 'common' commands in one shot:

local tablen = {

"push","pull","touch","open","unlock","light","kick","twist",

}

It's like a guessing game, really, not very fun.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Raising her staff high, the flesh mender plunges the maw-like spires into you. Pumping its foul venom into your body, you find your wounds healing.
    +25 [5.2%]
    Who approved this.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Can we start streamlining the ancient syntaxes for guild/city/clan please? At the moment, it's
    CITYPOWERS
    GUILD PRIVS
    CLAN ???
    Idk, I don't like having to remember 3 sets of commands
  • Doing CITYPOWERS CHANCELLOR, for example, should also bring up the relevant help file instead of having to do HELP CITYPOWERS CHANCELLOR and then you always forget about how it simply redirects you to HELP CHANCELLOR...
  • Iniar said:
    Risca said:
    I have this alias that does some 'common' commands in one shot:

local tablen = {

"push","pull","touch","open","unlock","light","kick","twist",

}

It's like a guessing game, really, not very fun.

Or, look at HELP EMOTIONLIST and just spam down the list...I have done that too many times :(
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Too much :effort: :(
  • Verexa said:
    Doing CITYPOWERS CHANCELLOR, for example, should also bring up the relevant help file instead of having to do HELP CITYPOWERS CHANCELLOR and then you always forget about how it simply redirects you to HELP CHANCELLOR...
    CITYPOWERS <position> lists the powers usable by the position in your organization with that name. It's possible to add or remove powers from a position, create new positions, and delete positions, so having this direct to a help file would remove this functionality.

The CITYPOWERS_POWER help files are by and large relics of an old organizational system. They still exist because people expect them to. They don't have information in them because that would mean a change has to be replicated in both places, which is easy to forget to do.

Iniar said:
    Can we start streamlining the ancient syntaxes for guild/city/clan please? At the moment, it's
    CITYPOWERS
    GUILD PRIVS
    CLAN ???
    Idk, I don't like having to remember 3 sets of commands
    CLAN EXEC_SUMMARY is an investable clan power, which lists the positions in the clan and what powers they can use.

We can try to unify these commands, but especially in the case of clans the systems at work are a little different. CITYPOWERS is overloaded to let you view your powers, a ministry's powers (with CITYPOWERS <position>) or all valid powers (with CITYPOWERS ALLOWED). In guilds, these are split into separate commands (GUILD PRIVS for your powers, GUILD POSITIONS to view the powers of different positions). In clans, there is only one command, EXEC_SUMMARY, which lists positions and their powers.

Some unification is definitely possible, but will need to resolve these separate functions in a sane way.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    That would be an immense QoL improvement, imo. <3@Eoghan.
  • Iniar said:
    That would be an immense QoL improvement, imo. <3@Eoghan.
    I can't promise these changes will be made, or when, but I'll add it to my list and consider the best way to go about it.