Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Now it's stupid that can't even acquire more handaxes cause no one sells them in shops. It's going to be a great while till classleads come around, but could we please swap out the knife sigils in Artistry for actual throwing knives that can be envenomed so I can at least make them myself for juggling and throwing purposes?
  • I realize there are definitely coding workarounds I could employ for this.

But would it be possible for PRICE ALLSINGLE on smithed goods to take priority over layouts? I keep ruining prices inadvertantly.

You put eleven suits of ring mail into a long pine shop shelf.
    > price allsingle ringmail 10000
    You set gold and indigo treble clef ringmail (des#14253) to sell for 10000 gold sovereigns each. Total in stock: 1.

• Can a command be added to filter out quests with a specified keyword, maybe something like QUESTS SEARCH (string)? It'd just be a pretty handy thing to do to check on the status of something, or figure out the name of that quest you forgot about.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Shopkeeping is weirdly complicated. All the syntaxes are also so funny. Kudos to people who keep doing it
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • IniarIniar Australia
    @Ultrix and I got to talking, and it's very often that we end up not knowing what the last Message was about, so we'd like a way to contextualise messages. In the first instance, we would like a 'Sent Messages' folder, but knowing that could be a problem, we would like to suggest that each message sent out in "reply" would preferably append the first 30 characters of the message it replies to. I'm not sure how this would work out, but certainly, @Garryn and I often forget what we were talking about :D
  • Iniar said:
    @Ultrix and I got to talking, and it's very often that we end up not knowing what the last Message was about, so we'd like a way to contextualise messages. In the first instance, we would like a 'Sent Messages' folder, but knowing that could be a problem, we would like to suggest that each message sent out in "reply" would preferably append the first 30 characters of the message it replies to. I'm not sure how this would work out, but certainly, @Garryn and I often forget what we were talking about :D
    This happens to me all the time, but thankfully I just check my logs if I really can't remember.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I used to keep plain logs but then I ran out of Dropbox space :D
  • Iniar said:
    I used to keep plain logs but then I ran out of Dropbox space :D
    I don't log at all. :(  This results in me completely forgetting what I messaged someone about, even if it is a few minutes later. *begs for a sent message folder*
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Can we please have Journals and Scrolls open to Woodworkers? I hate that my ability to make custom scrolls is locked behind people who generally prefer flowers over blood. Please?
  • Quality of life shizzle that shouldn't be an issue for classleads.

-Seraphs/Ouroboros/Daeggers: Why do I have to resummon them when I die?

• Can we have the area name show up when we do look, or an abbreviated version on the minimap?

It would be nice to not have to type survey each time.

The Celidon Threshold. (Celidon Council.)
    The first rocky enclosure surrounds you at this point barely within the 
    entrance of Phoenix Crest. A masterpiece of obsidian and hematite stones 
    creates a mosaic that lines the pathway of these walls, depicting the great 

---------- V13499 -----------
                  | 
                  | 
                  | 
                  | 
                  | 
    -[ ]-[ ]-[S]-[ ]-[S]-[S]-[ ]
                  | 
                 [+]

----------- 0:0:0 -----------

• edited August 2014
    It can't be that hard to put in, I do it in my client.  I like it with the vnum there too.

A clear, open valley of wildflowers.     [12544]    [ in the Iaat Valley ]
    The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. There are 2 chimeric avians here.
    You see exits leading southeast and west.
  • Risca said:
    Can we have the area name show up when we do look, or an abbreviated version on the minimap?
    Set your MAP RADIUS to 4 or 5, the area should be included on it then.
  • Garryn said:
    Risca said:
    Can we have the area name show up when we do look, or an abbreviated version on the minimap?
    Set your MAP RADIUS to 4 or 5, the area should be included on it then.
    There are some areas that aren't showing the area name such as Kinsarmar and Vardarians..

A steep rise on the Parade of Rathad.
    ------------------ v13383 -------------------

------------------- 0:1:0 -------------------

Dirt road nearing hills. (road).
    ------------------- v4090 -------------------
    --- Dirt road nearing hills ------- 0:0:0 ---

• It would be nice if shop allies could be a separate permissions list, rather than tied to the main allies list.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    As you take up half of the confection in each hand, you attempt somewhat vainly to fit them back together, an effort that 
    fails miserably before you abandon the notion and instead take a large bite of one half. The cookie easily falls apart upon 
    your tongue, its impossibly soft, chewy texture almost cake-like in consistency. Bearing the rich flavours of red velvet 
    and subtle hints of decadent white chocolate, the dessert's complementing flavours are accentuated by the saccharine 
    sweetness of sifted powdered sugar.
    480[100] 575[100] eb db 0 0 56.64 0 [a: 0][h: 0] eat maidenhair
    You are already eating something. Don't be greedy!
    Can we please fix this?
  • Iniar said:
    As you take up half of the confection in each hand, you attempt somewhat vainly to fit them back together, an effort that 
    fails miserably before you abandon the notion and instead take a large bite of one half. The cookie easily falls apart upon 
    your tongue, its impossibly soft, chewy texture almost cake-like in consistency. Bearing the rich flavours of red velvet 
    and subtle hints of decadent white chocolate, the dessert's complementing flavours are accentuated by the saccharine 
    sweetness of sifted powdered sugar.
    480[100] 575[100] eb db 0 0 56.64 0 [a: 0][h: 0] eat maidenhair
    You are already eating something. Don't be greedy!
    Can we please fix this?
    Ok. Eating custom food now only stops you from eating other custom food. This might have some side effects, so file a bug if something weird happens.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • You broke my foodlock. :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Tokens are sort of problematic now.

There's just nothing particularly good to spend them on. All the useful things were moved over to credit costs when Jeremy was going to remove them from the Iron Elite, but nothing was added to replace them when it turned out that Tokens were going to stay, anyways. Now tokens build up and there's nothing really to spend them on.

I'd really like to see a lot of the general purpose utility artifacts move over to tokens. This would make my elite membership feel more useful, as well as making tokens something that I might actually be able to sell; the only real reason people go for tokens any more is for the offering altar and for the market stall, really.

Artifacts I'd like to see moved over:

1. Monocle
    2. Caravan Crop 
    3. Diamond Tipped Spade
    4. Dragonskin Quiver
    5. Fishing Lure/Fishing Pole
    6. Obsidian and Gold Pipe
    7. Quicksilver Flasks
    8. Silver Keyring
    9. Smoked Glass Pipet
    10. Steel Mallet
    11. Wheel Grease
    12. etc etc etc

Just useful little utility things that would serve to make Tokens more useful and give me something to spend them on.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited August 2014
    Obsidian and gold pipe was moved from tokens to credits because it was undervalued in token cost.

Edit: But the rest I pretty much agree with.  Like I said, rotate through old promotion stuff for tokens.  I want a snowglobe, a few missing  familiars, a troggle, etc.  Let me buy that stuff please.
  • Old tokens were worth 32 bound credits each in tradein value, which means that the old cost of the obsidian pipes was effectively 160 credits. This change actually made pipes cheaper.

• Please move the learning scroll back to token wares. :(
  • Can ASPECT POWERS or ASPECT LIST PERKS show what powers we've already made permanent? I don't know if you can perma a power twice, but I'd rather avoid it, if possible.
  • edited August 2014
    Would it be possible to add CONFIG COLOUR CIRCLE # ?

CONFIG COLOUR DEMONIC 14

And so on, to color the names of people.
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Hi guys, please make sure you incorporate shards into something long term. I would hate having to explain to newbies why the flying candies are no longer relevant and no one turns up.

Kind regards,
    Iniar
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited August 2014

Having played Imperian for quite a long time, this is pretty relevant. Sadly, there is nothing as awesome as the joker to improvise :(

We didn't learn lessons from gold generation 1, gold generation 2, commodities, gold generation 3 before we jumped into shards and we find ourselves in the same dilemma.

1) There need to be more 'upkeep' costs associated with shard trees to guarantee shard consumption.
    2) We may need to look at upping the costs of some shard abilities.
    3) There need to be some 'general' shard skills that add 'utility' to the game. If you want, throw it in a general skillset or something, but give us extra trees to invest in. Then give those an upkeep. She-bam!
    4) Using shards to buy access to Underworld content is amazing. That is such a great idea. You should have to buy a charon charm every ig year.
  • Lalitana said:
    It would be nice if shop allies could be a separate permissions list, rather than tied to the main allies list.
    This has been added.  See Announce Post 2806.
  • A way to search ARTIFACT LIST OWNED for a specific item, please.
    ** Yes, we're aware of the problems. Please do NOT use any HELP files at the moment.**.
    ** And don't try them now just see if they're really broken. **.
    ** Or credit conversion. Try not to do anything much right now. **.
    ** Don't panic, normal service will be restored as soon as possible. For now, enjoy the wonders of conversation. **.
    *** We will be rebooting in about 60 seconds ***.
    ** Don't panic. Just...stay close to your rosaries **.
    ** Monetary offers for Salvation accepted. **.
  • Skye said:

A way to search ARTIFACT LIST OWNED for a specific item, please.

For some of us, it's a short list.
  • Then it's not for you.