Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• It would be awesomeness if players could learn to design and make their own soap.

(I realise most of you won't care, but the thought of custom scented soaps excites the designer in me)
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • Ashani said:
    It would be awesomeness if players could learn to design and make their own soap. (I realise most of you won't care, but the thought of custom scented soaps excites the designer in me)
    And perfumes, for that matter!
  • We like the ideas of soaps and perfumes. Not promising anything, but it's been on to-do lists up here. Unfortunately, our to-do lists are fairly long, so hang in there (Maybe).
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Can we make sure they follow Help Deathglory: "Deathsight messages may not directly reference the viewer (don't use words like 'you' and 'your')"
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • As with all tradeskills, you cannot force opinions/emotions/etc.
  • I know this is more of something that would need to be implemented by Iron Realms rather than Imperian itself, but could it be brought up with the powers that be that a way to access Purchase History either in the game or via the website would be really useful? Although a little scary to know how much I've spent over the years, I'd like to be able to track what purchases I've made on each character. Thanks.
    ** Yes, we're aware of the problems. Please do NOT use any HELP files at the moment.**.
    ** And don't try them now just see if they're really broken. **.
    ** Or credit conversion. Try not to do anything much right now. **.
    ** Don't panic, normal service will be restored as soon as possible. For now, enjoy the wonders of conversation. **.
    *** We will be rebooting in about 60 seconds ***.
    ** Don't panic. Just...stay close to your rosaries **.
    ** Monetary offers for Salvation accepted. **.
  • Iniar said:
    Can we make sure they follow Help Deathglory: "Deathsight messages may not directly reference the viewer (don't use words like 'you' and 'your')"
    So, this is why Imperian has such "odd" deathsights. I've been wondering about that since I got here. 
  • Is there any way to make it so if I do PRICE ALL TROUSERS 300, that it then prices all the trouser designs added to my crafting shelves?

(Sorry, I know you're probably sick of me by now. I'll try to make this my last idea for a while!)
    ** Yes, we're aware of the problems. Please do NOT use any HELP files at the moment.**.
    ** And don't try them now just see if they're really broken. **.
    ** Or credit conversion. Try not to do anything much right now. **.
    ** Don't panic, normal service will be restored as soon as possible. For now, enjoy the wonders of conversation. **.
    *** We will be rebooting in about 60 seconds ***.
    ** Don't panic. Just...stay close to your rosaries **.
    ** Monetary offers for Salvation accepted. **.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    QoL request:

You are holding:
    500 blank tarot cards.
    You check the contents of your Tarot card deck:
       1500 blank cards

Please can have unlimited space?
  • Iniar said:
    QoL request:

You are holding:
    500 blank tarot cards.
    You check the contents of your Tarot card deck:
       1500 blank cards

Please can have unlimited space?
    Unlimited space wouldn't be possible because of storage requirements - we have to store how many cards there are in the deck somehow.

The new artifact tarot deck handles it completely differently (it doesn't bother storing the contents at all, it just always succeeds on outdeck). For normal decks, this isn't possible, because you can't take out more than you put in.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Can we please have soulmask not be considered an aggresive action? soulmask:  " This location has been declared free of violence, by order of the Divine Ones.".

Also, can we have bloodscent not pick up blackwinded people?

Please.
  • edited September 2014
    Can we please have it so that you can wear multiple pins, brooches, pendants, amulets, and other crafted jewelry items* (that have the wear-only-one restriction)?

*this would include medals, medallions, and talismans, but @Lalitana and I could not find any for sale to test to see if you could wear more than one.
  • Ok. I'll add a new clothing slot (called misc, though you don't actually see clothing slot names so you can just call it "pieces of flair"). It will contain a collection of these miscellaneous crafted items. You'll be able to wear a total of, let's say, 10 items from this category.

This may change in the future - I plan to make further changes to clothing handling in the future (but it's a long way off on my list).

Reasonably fulfill your request?
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited September 2014

If it brings about this, then ok.
  • Eoghan said:
    Ok. I'll add a new clothing slot (called misc, though you don't actually see clothing slot names so you can just call it "pieces of flair"). It will contain a collection of these miscellaneous crafted items. You'll be able to wear a total of, let's say, 10 items from this category.

This may change in the future - I plan to make further changes to clothing handling in the future (but it's a long way off on my list).

Reasonably fulfill your request?
    So if I understand your proposal correctly, under this 'misc' clothing slot, we'd be able to wear up to 10 of the items that we would normally not be able to wear multiples of?  Also, would the first/initial item type count towards the 10-slot limit?

Meaning, can I wear 10 pendants and a pin? Or would I not be able to wear the pin because the 10 pendants took up all the misc slots?

Also, I assume that things that you can normally wear multiples of (bracelets, rings, etc.) would not count towards the misc-slot-limit?
  • I pity the fool that has to wear ten pins.
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • Raykel said:
    Can we please have soulmask not be considered an aggresive action? soulmask:  " This location has been declared free of violence, by order of the Divine Ones.".

Also, can we have bloodscent not pick up blackwinded people?

Please.
    The aggressive nature of soulmask is a holdover from when it was able to buff other players. The skill will no longer be considered aggressive, so you can now use in areas declared free of violence (and it won't take down your rebounding anymore).

The functionality of bloodscent is intended, and a change to it would need to occur in classleads.
  • Can we please remove non-balanced emoted (emotes from the standard list) not make capturing monoliths fail? If we can talk, we should be able to do those standard emotes in my opinion.

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Or just make it so I can check MONOLITHS while controlling at least.
  • Things like ringwho, etc. are equally annoying.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Can we have gmcp register people who login and log-off in your room?
  • VerexaVerexa Canada
    edited September 2014
    Copy-pasting a custom layout for each shield and armour type is tedious and annoying so I am proposing that we replace the relevant parts/words for every type so that we don't have to repeat the process a bunch of times. Like this we can make one design and have it apply to any type of armour or shield we want when purchased in a shop for example.

I realise this probably difficult scripting-wise but any compromise to speed up the process would be cool too.
  • edited September 2014
    Incoming wall of text. tl;dr at bottom

Still WTB a revamped statpack and/or race changing system. Considering how easy it has been made to have and change between several professions, the dagger/gem/moradeim reincarnate restrictions on which of your $250+ class investments you can use on any particular day seems a little archaic.

From my perspective: I've got 3 classes(Hunter at 3/3 trans, Mage at 3/3, and Runeguard at 2/3). All in all, Mage and Runeguard cost me roughly 1500C. I use a different statpack for each of those classes(Athletic, Intelligent, Fast) but to be able to make full use of those classes in all of their forms, I would need to be able to use Strong and Wise as well. I'm currently in Fast, which is (with my lack of a diadem and any tanky artifacts whatsoever) almost unusable for Hunter, useless for Mage, but exactly what I want for Runeguard. Keeping in mind there is a 500C artifact to increase profession switching speed to IIRC around 60 seconds, these are my options for actually making use of those professions:

- Spend $30 on a dagger to lock myself into a different specific build(Fast Hunter, Athletic/Strong Damage/Utility/Bashing Hunter, Wise Mage, Intelligent Mage, Strong/Athletic/Sturdy Knight, Fast Knight) and lock out all other build/classes until I pay another $30 for another dagger.
    - Be a Change aspect(I already am, but plenty of people much prefer Life or Terror) and (if there are enough monoliths in the hands of other Moradeimers) lock myself into a different build for a 12 hour window once every 36 hours.
    - Spend $300 on a gem so I can change which build I'm locked into once every 24 hours.

Those are some pretty heavy restrictions on your use of a class you've already purchased in a game focusing on PK and can be prohibitive to players that might otherwise purchase the credits to learn and outfit multiple classes. I predict that a system that allowed more freedom to use learned classes would lead to more players purchasing more classes and artifacts. As an example:

Imagine a system where you could permanently learn statpacks and then swap between them when switching professions. I'm bashing in Strong Hunter or testing combos in Wise Mage then see a shardfall, and instead of being in a lackluster class/statpack combo for the event, I can switch to Athletic Hunter and take 3 minutes to relearn the class in that statpack, take the time to re-def, and make a better showing at the shardfall. This keeps the current class changing restrictions in place and applies them to statpack swapping, which seems pretty reasonable to me. Statpacks can cost 100C(or 150C if 100C seems too cheap(it doesn't)) each. Existing gems can grant all statpacks(11 for the price of 10) to the owner, and/or could be turned into a cheaper artifact(say 300C or 400C) allowing you to change race on a daily basis, potentially seeing more purchases for use with the new races(and potentially stimulating race purchases in future events).

Right now, I have 3 classes but never get to use Mage and can't use Hunter like I want to. I'm not likely to ever spend 1000C on a gem just to use those classes regularly, and I'm not going to be buying more than 1 dagger every few months because I don't like disposing of credits when there are permanent credit purchases I actually need for this character. That means I'm going to stick with using Moradeim to get a chance to use my other classes in whatever limited capacity it allows, and I'm not going to be spending credits when I could. With a system like I outline above, rather than not spending any credits and being dissatisfied with my inability to use my learned/purchased classes, I would simply spend 100C at a time to unlock the statpack/class combinations that I've had a chance to sample with Moradeim Reincarnation, then possibly purchase the gem at a later date to make use of the 4 new races I have actually already purchased but also can't make use of in any real capacity.

Last thing. I seems to me that most of the time when I see someone learn a new class, they end up forgetting their old one for half the lessons, then purchasing a dagger. That's 450+100=550C total spent on switching classes. Instead of that, with a new system they would be more likely to hold onto their current class and spend 900C-1200C on a new class(depending on 0-2 statpacks to go with it). Even if some people still just traded class each time, the ones that choose to purchase additional classes will be spending a healthy chunk more(and gaining more usability in exchange).

tl;dr - 100C permament statpacks that you can switch when switching professions + 400C gem of transmutation to change race -> More fun for players + More variety in shardfalls + More credits spent for IRE
  • edited September 2014
    Not that I'm against the idea, but historically, suggestions for improvement that essentially revolve around lowering the price of artifacts (and gem of transmutation is already a very popular purchase) fall on deaf ears.

• I definitely get that. I also get the value that current gem owners place on the gem. I'm just hoping that in the case of this outdated system that has no real reason to work the way it does, something has eventually gotta give, and that some kind of system could be implemented that didn't render the gem useless, while still updating the system to work in a manner consistent with the design of the professions system.

I long for Magick and Demonic to experience the freedom that AM has to change class as often as they want without ever being stuck as a Wise Ranger or any such nonsense, and that's something that no amount of gems will ever grant.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited September 2014
    Wysrias said:
    Not that I'm against the idea, but historically, suggestions for improvement that essentially revolve around lowering the price of artifacts (and gem of transmutation is already a very popular purchase) fall on deaf ears.
    Agreed. But I think administration should look at it this way: in a world of 5 minute attention spans, and $2.49 decent value games, I honestly would suspect that asking for $200 to play ONE class is a bigger ask than before: locking it into ONE statpack makes that $200 even less attractive.

E: One could argue that a business could chase the 'premium' and 'exclusivity' price tag, which is what IRE has done admirably, but when population growth is so low, this is, in my opinion, a difficult model to sustain. -- Maybe, idk.
  • Haha, you're asking Iron Realms to adjust their business plan which has remained unchanged and price gouging for like ten years. Regardless of the validity or logic of your argument, there is zero incentive for them to change horses at this point. People can and will pay for the competitive edge. Just take a quick survey of the artifacts owned by the Bellatores clan. There is no impetus for them to change. There is no necessity for them to change.

Nevermind the fact that you get into the whole devalue argument when we institute the new $2.50 Imperian.

Honestly, if you are seriously into Imperian you need to sign up for Iron Elite. After that, show a little bit of self control and you're able to buy big item purchases. You need to treat Imperian and the power creep as a long-term game. Then Khizan's dr. pepper plan is much more reasonable.

• Not really much of a competitive edge at stake here, just a significant non-combat(in that it doesn't help you in single fights or in shardfalls in the way that a defense artifact(for instance) does) disadvantage. The system works like it should for AM. You can be Fast or Athletic and make use of every single class that you have access to, whenever you want, as often as you want. If you're in Magick or Demonic, you just can't do that. A gem doesn't give you that capability, ever.

As far as them not really having any real reason or need to change, they also didn't have a need to introduce vialbelts, or to raise the lessons earned in levelling to aspect, or rework the death system or the pk experience system. Sometimes they're good about just doing things that need to be done for the quality of the game and for the experience of the player-base overall, even if these things don't mean immediate fiscal reward. On top of that, I'm of the belief a system similar to the one I mention would lead to a healthy increase in the number of players purchasing second/third/etc classes, as a result of learning one new class not reducing your ability to use a currently owned class.