Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    attach key to keyring
    You attach a key-shaped sigil to a silver keyring.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • @Jeremy @Svorai @garryn

New TOKEN item

A magic lasso!

Increases the chance to successfully befriend an animal.

The way it works now (i think) is that nothing can break a level 100 tame, so it's just a RNG battle to get a pet. This would be a perk to reduce the time it takes to 'tame' something.
  • Ahkan said:
    @Jeremy @Svorai @garryn

New TOKEN item

A magic lasso!

Increases the chance to successfully befriend an animal.

The way it works now (i think) is that nothing can break a level 100 tame, so it's just a RNG battle to get a pet. This would be a perk to reduce the time it takes to 'tame' something.
    I'd buy this so fast you wouldn't even have a chance to blink :(
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Can we kindly add an in-line message for a successful Hecate embed?

Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    You have lost the anti-weapon field defence.
    You point an imperious finger at Ario, invoking the curse of clumsiness.
    Mana Lost: 9
    The Mark of Hecate on Ario's body flares briefly. -> ? What is this? I can track it but, given we're doing inline stuff now, would be nice. :<
    Balance Taken: 2.36s
  • How about making the phial of waterwalking into something I'd pay more than 500 gold for and on par with the other phylactery items.
  • Cassius said:
    How about making the phial of waterwalking into something I'd pay more than 500 gold for and on par with the other phylactery items.
    Any sort of waterwalking artifact is an awful idea.
  • Maybe he means remove the artifact entirely and replace it with something more interesting/useful.

• There's a lot of awful ideas flying around imperian right now. "Awful" hasn't really stopped anyone from anything, ever.
  • I'd just like to see it be something of equivalent worth really. Something worth the cost of the phylactery. It's easily the worst thing you could get. And now people will get stuck with it in their Elite too.
  • I've never understood the water walking hatred. Removing the delay of swimming is really a quality of life adjustment. I understand that it's a 'peekay' inhibitor too, but that's so easy to code for around. Game needs more things to spend tokens on, waterwalking phial was a solid solution. It's not like waterwalking is the holy grail of defenses. It's pretty easily accessible through rituals, class defs, and taming. The selling point here is that it's a luxury def that lets you prioritize something else in the place of waterwalk, which is completely sensible.

Best combat balance solution. Mass > waterwalking phial. Fin.
  • It's still just about the worst thing you can spend money on.  Mainly because it's a one time use artifact.  IMO, it would be a little more bearable if it at least was a permanent artifact that maybe only gave 15 minutes or waterwalking once a month or something.  

Maybe they were looking to devalue phylacteries or something.
  • Looking to devalue the phylacteries what?

The waterwalking vial was an addition  to the phylacteries. It took absolutely nothing away. For them to devalue the phylacteries they'd have to be a net negative, and that is clearly not the case.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I'd be disappointed if I got phial pieces over pretty much anything. What's the lowest award? 5cr? I'd take that for one of those pieces any day.
  • The point that Khizan made is that the phial pieces are in addition to anything else that will be in your phylactery. You will never lose a chance on 5 credits because you got a phial piece. You will get 5 credits and the phial piece.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Your argument Cassius is put in the wrong place. It is not a devaluation of the phylactery, it's an assuagement (who knew there was such a word). The devaluation has already occurred.
  • Ah, I thought you got a phylactery piece or one of the normal phylactery contents. I still don't like it anyway.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    They'll add an arti to make you immune to radiance when afk
  • What they did was 'dilute' the output for phylacteries. The past couple of years, phylacteries were freaking amazing. I think Selthis netted 2-3 level 3 artifacts. Sarrius went from 0 to hero using level 3 gauntlet pound. There was just too much awesome in phylacteries. This year is much more tame, even if there's weird shit like sigils, who knows why those are there. Most of the phylactery items are pretty cool. I think the warhorn is effing amazing. I've broken even on the batches I've bought this season, so I really have no complaints.
  • edited January 2014
    Now I'm confused. @Jesse said you get them on top of the normal phylactery prizes. Is that true or not?

I understood it to be as @Ahkan wrote. I just used the term devalue rather than dilute. Same thing IMO.
  • You get a shot at getting a random phylactery item in a phylactery.

On top of that you ALWAYS get a random waterwalking phial piece.
  • Ahkan said:

You get a shot at getting a random phylactery item in a phylactery.

On top of that you ALWAYS get a random waterwalking phial piece.
    Missed that somewhere along the way...

• I don't know if this is a thing and I am just not seeing it, but it would be nice to be able to use a config to color custom emotes. Eg EMOTE IS DOING A TEST EMOTE just shows up in the basic grey even after setting config color emotes to a different color. Says within custom emotes are colored, just not the rest of the emote. Is this a config option I'm just missing?

• Leikara said:
    I don't know if this is a thing and I am just not seeing it, but it would be nice to be able to use a config to color custom emotes. Eg EMOTE IS DOING A TEST EMOTE just shows up in the basic grey even after setting config color emotes to a different color. Says within custom emotes are colored, just not the rest of the emote. Is this a config option I'm just missing?
    You should be able to. When you do CONFIG COLOUR this should pop up:

Your current colour configuration is as follows:
    Channel        FG BG  Sample
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Communication:
    Says           14  0  You say, "Blah."
    Shouts          6  0  You shout, "Blah."
    Tells          11  0  You tell Jeremy, "Blah."
    Emotes         13  0  Jeremy waves hello.

You would then need to check the available colors which are:
    Available colours:
    FG: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    BG: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

And then CONFIG COLOUR # #

If it's messing up after that I'm not sure. It could be something on your end gagging the colour. I do know with CMUD, if you're not logging into the same session each time the colours will revert back to default.

• Normal emotes color fine. It's just the custom ones.

• I think it comes out in the colours which the other people in the room have assigned to their colour for emote/speaking?
  • It would be awesome if we could have a new updated World Map, something along the lines of the new prof art Chris has drawn.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited January 2014
    What's the point of colored emotes? "Mudsex, now in technicolor." I've never had any problem distinguishing emotes from anything else.
  • For newbies, I'm assuming it would be for ease of telling when it's an NPC emoting and when it's a player emoting. I know when I started I had the hardest time telling what was an NPC and what wasn't, especially from folks who were hidden in the room.
  • Yes, mostly to be able to be more easily seen. If they are a consistent color, it's easier to capture it to another channel window, too. Anyways, it looks like it's just when it's one you do, not emotes other people do, so that's easily bypassed with a simple color trigger. Sorry to have wasted time/space!