Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• I always though metalworking or woodcrafting should be able to make layouts for the Bard instruments as well.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    Considering city defense and siege is one of the largest pack rat, item hogs in the game can we have:

city guard drop all....actually drop all? It drops them one at a time

combine cannonball
    That is not the sort of thing that can be grouped

Can we be able to combine groups of siege?  (bolts, nets, cannonballs, shot)

Just wondering if something that sucks so much could be an teeny bit more intuitive and user friendly.
  • VelionVelion California, USA
    Could we get a message for body/armour runes wearing off?
  • There is one.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

Since I can't edit - yes, there is. Ignore that last post, I missed it somehow. Happy there is one, sad that I actually missed it.
  • Here's an idea for the newbies: When they come through the intro, and they are picking their profession to get tossed into the random pile of cities and guilds which own that profession, a small blurb as to the purpose of the guild/council they are end up being in would be useful for some guidance.

I find that the intro does a good job of getting you to the action of bashing your way to level 30, but a bad job of setting you up as to why you are suddenly thrust into the novice area in the first place. Why should a newbie care about x dude in the deadwoods wanting to kill the scouts without some introduction to the area and their place in the world without having to browse through 30 help files.

Essentially, you could have player submitted/change-able intros (similar to what HELP GUILDNOVICES (GUILD) is, even though no one has changed any of theirs, and the new guilds don't usually have one) for their novices.
  • Within the past couple of weeks, we actually added a few sentences in character creation (after the popups and just before they're told to PORTAL TO HUNTING) to kind of set the stage for why they're going to the newbie area to do some questing/hunting.

If you haven't already seen those, give it a look and see if that's what you were thinking about.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Could we please please please have a dummy character who sits there and lets us test combat and things on it that autoresurrects?
  • Mathiaus said:

Could we please please please have a dummy character who sits there and lets us test combat and things on it that autoresurrects?

This is easier said than done. But it has been on the bottom of my to do to look into.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Svorai said:

Mathiaus said:

This is easier said than done. But it has been on the bottom of my to do to look into.
    With fairly short scripts I turned Iniar into a DPS/diagnosing reporting robot which quite a number of people have used.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iniar said:

Svorai said:

Mathiaus said:

With fairly short scripts I turned Iniar into a DPS/diagnosing reporting robot which quite a number of people have used.
    It is a bit more than that when you are using a mob as they are more restrictive than players.I have a few ideas, but more pressing projects before it.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Mkay. Is it possible to use a dummy player 'logged in' serverside rather than a mob? Anyway, I trust you (will complete this some time. I don't feel like being Mr. Defiler's punching bag all the time). :D
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Iniar said:

Mkay. Is it possible to use a dummy player 'logged in' serverside rather than a mob? Anyway, I trust you (will complete this some time. I don't feel like being Mr. Defiler's punching bag all the time). :D

This is what I was thinking, more "afk player" based than "super scripted mob".
  • Again, I'm not sure what magick is like but.

In Room : Bathan, Caelya, Velion, Katalina, Eldreth, Ike, Khizan.

Everyone in this room is ok being a test dummy. Three of them you don't even have to ask first.
    edited December 2013
    Maybe everyone in Magick hates each other. Wouldn't surprise me.

Edit: On topic - hate to beat a dead horse, but I would love to see balance-taking pets(or at least the balance-taking effect) removed for good, like they were supposed to be.
  • Put a cooldown on lending artifacts.

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited December 2013
    Don't lend most artifacts imo.

E: don't lend active skills/defences.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    I dunno. I'm kind of big on "Hey I'm quitting. Where is some random lowbie who is bashing that would enjoy enjoy this heroic garb?"

1. It helps them bash.
    2. It starts the cycle of addiction. They'll want it more.
  • I'm fine with that, but things like passing around twist rings, veils, and lyres can be obnoxious.

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited December 2013
    Yeah just the active ones - lyre, rings... I mean I can't share my numbness/torc and my scepters and they're on a 1 day cool down.
  • I don't mind lending artifacts, as long as the artifact needs to be worn/held to be used. The 'def up and hand back' artifacts either shouldn't be tradeable, or the buff should be changed to be stripped when the artifact is removed.
    It's a little thing, but can we get a decimal value on experience in GMCP? Whole numbers don't mean much after Aspect.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Please can we have an auction? I want to bid on something :S
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Limb counter = 60 s / limb 
    Hammerfist (fast) = 2.6
    Dsl (fast) ~= 2.2

Pr( successful reset ) = 0.2^(60/2.6) = 0.02 = 2%
    Include torso and Pr() = 1.7%
    Include feint and Pr() = 0%

In my humble opinion, that Pr() should approximate 20-40%
    Also in my opinion, if you change it too drastically, the limb classes will have almost no way of dealing with artifacted players.

• When Ironbeard gives me a load of vials, I can't be bothered to take them out and try to manage them in my inventory/transfer them into my vialbelt because in this day and age, that's just way too inconvenient. In the future, it would be awesome if he gave us these toxins and elixirs in a generic vialbelt, for quick and easy transfer. Then I wouldn't be tempted to pick out my atlas page and throw the rest of the bag in the garbage.

• I work hard to AFK in these trying times of war. Stop punishing me with vials! :<
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
    Okay, on channeled actions such as monolith capture, can we have failed actions not stop the channel? (e.g., "cltyeah", "saysure")
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Bathan said:
    I work hard to AFK in these trying times of war. Stop punishing me with vials! :<
    I don't even AFK –  that douchebag Ironbeard waits for me to log on and within minutes gives me his shitty vials