Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• When it comes to abilities with a cooldown - refresh in predation and vitality, for example - it would be nice to know how long the cooldown is, rather than the AB file saying "This can only be used infrequently."  Well, what's infrequently? 20 minutes? An hour? Once per Imperian month?
  • I say 'baldric' and 'sling' because they aren't really designed for specific weapons like sheathes/scabbards. In the vaguest sense, they're just strips of leather or cloth slung over your shoulder what you carry stuff with. So, you could probably literally holster any large weapon -- bardiche, spear, claymore, battleaxe, etc -- in them.
  • Good luck. I've idea'd it about once a year for the last five. :|
  • Assuming newbies even still use the HELP GUILDNOVICES <guild> files, could we simplify that syntax a little? Maybe something like GNHELP <guild>.

• Menoch said:
    Also, list current player's profession on cwho as well as gwho?
    If not profession, at least list their guild, please.

• edited February 2013
    So you want to set up a 'novice shelf' that only novices can purchase from, or a 'guild shelf' that only your guild can purchase from, and things like that? I like this idea.
  • That is the idea, yes. It would give guild/org owned shops a little more functionality as well.
  • Plucking eagle feathers takes forever, could something be done to make it less tedious?
  • Well I'm glad that's all clear, then.

I agree with Aleutia about expanding shelf capability. I'd like to be able to add surcharges to shelves. Demoners who want ruffles pay extra, and etc.

I'd also like the ability to have someone see a note, a la the log-in announces, if they type WARES in my shop. For example, I might discount something and then write a note like "For the next 3 months, shoes are on sale!" or "New this month: men's boots!"
  • Lalitana said:
    Well I'm glad that's all clear, then.

I agree with Aleutia about expanding shelf capability. I'd like to be able to add surcharges to shelves. Demoners who want ruffles pay extra, and etc.
    - Shelves may also have discounts and surcharges set on them up to 25% each with SHELF <shelf> <DISCOUNT|SURCHARGE> ADD <rate> <permission>. You may also REMOVE, CLEAR, and LIST permissions. Typing SHELF by itself will list the proper syntaxes for these commands. You can read more about what permissions may be set in HELP PERMISSIONS.

Help permissions is pretty extensive.  So I think in theory that is exactly what you want.  i think you just need to set it up as a surcharge and add them as "haha, screw you Eldreth" settings.
  • Today I improved Imperian['s forums] by deleting a lot of really terrible posts. Seriously, kids. don't make me waste my "Days Without Ban" streak.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania

Maybe changing the rewards for the coliseum events for better incentive to join? For events that have 5 or more people and that are not team events, one bound credit is awarded to the winner? Perhaps teamffa's if that player has been part of a winning team consistantly and is still alive by the end of the coliseum event, they receive one bound credit for every 5 or 10 wins?

• Mathiaus said:

Maybe changing the rewards for the coliseum events for better incentive to join? For events that have 5 or more people and that are not team events, one bound credit is awarded to the winner? Perhaps teamffa's if that player has been part of a winning team consistantly and is still alive by the end of the coliseum event, they receive one bound credit for every 5 or 10 wins?

I can see a contrived situation where me and 5 other people queue and give the win to a guy x-thousand times.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Arena favors are not trivial prizes. They're fine as-is.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • They're arena events, they are their own reward. You don't need to get paid to win FFAs.
  • There's no need to give out further rewards for the arena events when the arena favours are as strong as they currently are

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

True enough. I just haven't seen arena combat in months is all. Been missing it a little, but the big shard battles and such have been making up for it. Tried at least.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    #regex {^\(Market\)} {#if (%regex(%line,(queue|freeforall|ffa|teamffa|arena)) && !@beheading) {#sendraw {join queue deathball}}}
  • if (not aeon_test) and (healmode ~= 0) and (not instakill_pause) and (string.match(line, '^%(Market%)%: .+[qQ]ueue.+%"')) then do_send ("join queue deathball")  end
  • Something I would like to see is a way to tell what an emote does before you do it.

For example:
    INFO COMFY
    Targetted- You lean comfortably against $tar.
    Untargetted- You hug yourself comfortably.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    If there was a config to strip titles when sending tells to someone.

Also for names on seraph seek and stuff.
  • Aulani said:
    Something I would like to see is a way to tell what an emote does before you do it.

For example:
    INFO COMFY
    So many potential RP disasters could be avoided. Maybe just list the messages of anything found using EMSEARCH?
  • Aulani said:
    Something I would like to see is a way to tell what an emote does before you do it.

For example:
    INFO COMFY
    What I want is for some emotes to stop being so radically different when you use them untargeted, as opposed to when you use them with a target. Take one of my favorite emotes, for example. "Suck."

When used untargeted: "You suck thoughtfully on your teeth."

Now, from this, you might assume that "suck aulani" will give you something like "You look at Aulani and suck thoughtfully on your teeth." And so you might use this at a meeting somewhere, when she says something that you're considering. 

Haha, nope. You suck thoughtfully upon Aulani. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Juran said:
    if (not aeon_test) and (healmode ~= 0) and (not instakill_pause) and (string.match(line, '^%(Market%)%: .+[qQ]ueue.+%"')) then do_send ("join queue deathball")  end
    /action {(Market): %0 says, "%2"} {/if {@StrStr(@Lower($2),queue) != -1} {join queue deathball}} {active}

• Notifications when you rise(or fall) a rank in Exploring. 
    Ex: You have risen to the rank of Surveyor of the Heartlands in the Fellowship of Explorers.

And maybe an easier way to check exact ranks for yourself/others.
    Ex: EXPLORERS <person>/ME.
    As far as I know, the only way to find yourself or others currently is trial and error via EXPLORERS <number>.

For raids on cities, I was rolling around the idea of possibly making certain items for each city that can be retrieved through difficult but possible means over time. Using siege rams among other things to acquire them, which would take a great amount of time, the raiders could then use said item(s) by taking it out of the city raided. By doing this, it would cause a decline in something, possibly workers unable to produce comms as effectively or the guards' moral being less so they don't hit as well or something along those lines. I feel it would push the city to then attempt to get their said item(s) back whenever possible.

More than likely a long shot, but it's what I came up with at 12:11 am after a tiring day.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    to gain/lose something when having/not having presence in a shardfall being able to use it to shit on other circles' affinity or something else that matters :(

trying to get some incentive for people to show up here :(
  • Azefel said:
    to gain/lose something when having/not having presence in a shardfall being able to use it to shit on other circles' affinity or something else that matters :(
      I am trying to parse this sentence and I am totally failing.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    me too now that I'm actually reading it :(