Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Fear not, his posts will return in a couple weeks.

• behold, @Khizan has returned. At least that is what I would say if he were here.
  • edited September 2016
    As someone who once spent more than 50% of the lifespan of the old Invision forums under probations, you should *really* stick with the temp-bans. Shadowbans work on purely disruptive posters whose absence doesn't merit notice. Not so much on old, prolific posters whose absence will be noticed and destroy the flow of conversation, which is exactly the sort of thing you punish people to prevent. It's doubly ineffective on the sort of posters who link other posters to their posts. (Hi, Juran.)
  • Eh, now that we know the deal, I think it's fine. I don't think anyone had ever seen this before though, and it looked like a permanent deletion. The posts will be back fairly shortly, and certainly aren't gone forever (which would have been pretty bad in this case), and in the meantime, the more recent conversations don't have this long shadow cast over them.
  • Jules said:

Eh, now that we know the deal, I think it's fine. I don't think anyone had ever seen this before though, and it looked like a permanent deletion. The posts will be back fairly shortly, and certainly aren't gone forever (which would have been pretty bad in this case), and in the meantime, the more recent conversations don't have this long shadow cast over them.

Which shadow is that? The one where he helped you with Runeguard, or the one where he constructively suggested alternative ways to improve caravans?
  • edited September 2016
    The one where he's one of a very small number of very domineering posters.

The help with Runeguard was very much unexpected, and is part of why it wasn't an easy decision to say "nope, I will never ask this dude for any help directly again" (which is part of why I was asking on a forum in the first place). It's great, and unexpected that he decided to chime in there, but it doesn't mean that all of the other things about him aren't also true.
  • Alright, this conversation is over.

• Heh. SOMETIMES DUDES JUST TOTALLY HAVE TO HAVE WAFFLES WITH SPRINKLES TOO. >.>

http://ifunny.co/fun/rGjXHfrJ2
  • We should have an imperian house of pancakes
  • edited September 2016
    For some reason I feel like this is going to accurately describe Team Magick in the near future (rawr):

• Let's try to move this thread back on topic, please.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited September 2016

I want these off topic posts and personal attacks to cease immediately, please. I don't want to have to delete any more posts.

• DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    World map. There used to be one apparently, and there's a deviant art room grid map kicking around that i found by google sorcery.
    Any chance one can be dredged up for those of us who like to know where we stand? Even if it's just a general area border map like 'this blob here is sienna, this blob here is Shaahri Desert' etc.
  • edited September 2016
    This is the only "official" world map I'm aware of, archived from the old website.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
    ...Oh man. I was waaaay wrong in my mental map.

Is that even possible in Imperian? I mean it's technically soup...
  • Returning from a years-long absence, I encountered a problem and bugged it. But then thought I should have perhaps issued myself instead, given the severity of this. So, my question is - should I issue or just leave it (to not be irritating and redundant) and idle while I wait for the bug to be looked at?
  • If you feel it's urgent, you should probably go ahead and issue yourself. They'll just have to input a couple more commands to delete both the issue and the bug once it's resolved, anyway.
  • EvaldirEvaldir United States
    So, now that there's those new promotion things on the wheel for october, I decided to go and buy some spins. I know it's not a lot, but I bought ten(maybe fifteen?) spins and got -only- the new promotion items that only tradein for 5 credits. Kinda feel ripped off with it. Should they be hitting so much more often than all the other stuff available from paid spins?
  • Evaldir said:

So, now that there's those new promotion things on the wheel for october, I decided to go and buy some spins. I know it's not a lot, but I bought ten(maybe fifteen?) spins and got -only- the new promotion items that only tradein for 5 credits. Kinda feel ripped off with it. Should they be hitting so much more often than all the other stuff available from paid spins?

I haven't not gotten an october promo thing off a paid spins. I am not sure if this is intentional or not but I can chip in to say that you're not the only one.
  • EvaldirEvaldir United States
    Anette said:

Evaldir said:

I haven't not gotten an october promo thing off a paid spins. I am not sure if this is intentional or not but I can chip in to say that you're not the only one.
    I'll sell you mine! 20 credits! lol
  • Don't get me wrong, I like the October goodies! I just think, if they're all you get, it devalues them really quickly. We saw this happen with ethereal things as well.
  • if you buy a lottery ticket and lose, you can't just give it back and expect to be reimbursed. at least you can trade-in a promotion item. a lottery ticket just goes into the trash.
    fifth elephant - terry pratchett
  • what determines the forum avatar you get when you don't pick your own? how do i get a different face?
    fifth elephant - terry pratchett
  • I am pretty sure it's your e-mail address. Every once in awhile there is a hiccup, but it's extremely rare. But, for example, I have a different default avatar on Aetolia (but most people do not).
  • fifth elephant - terry pratchett
  • edited October 2016
    I know that there's reference art for the existing established races (sidhe, sylayan, xuir, kohdon, etc etc), but is there reference art for the ancestral stone races, anyone know? @jeremy?

edit - I mean I ask specifically so I can give the artist for Anette a selkie reference if there is one, but I mean, any would be neat and I'm curious :v
  • I have never submitted an issue, but if I do at some point, I do not want to submit an issue that doesn't pass muster. I issued myself and asked some specific questions about scenarios and the only information I got was "We do case by case basis and we also look to see what happened that caused the issue" :( Why so mysterious? But seriously, that was all I got...

There are definitely criteria and thresholds for "this is issuable" but I will just be honest and say I am unsure of where they are. So, you need to know where the threshold is and then, of course, write a good issue. But the basis has to be there to begin with.

So first, there has to be more than one death where there wasn't justification. So you actually can kill people without justification... to a point. So my first question is "one death over how much time"? One death every day? every few days? One death per week? One death per month? And so forth. Also, I need to know if admin recognizes stuff like... say several friends jump a target "just once" separately. Does admin recognize "oh yeah, those guys are buddies" and take that into account?

Finally, the PK rules want you to try to interact with your attacker IC. ALL of the sage advice I have ever got on this says not to do that - and it's probably because most attacks like that are totally OOC motivated ("it's noob for lunch time, and you're on the menu" or "I hate you", whatever). I am really not sure how to handle that part, either.

I may not even be asking all of the questions I should, because I might not know the right questions to ask, but those are the ones I have for now. Thanks.
  • KyraicKyraic USA
    edited October 2016
    Kiskan said:

Finally, the PK rules want you to try to interact with your attacker IC. ALL of the sage advice I have ever got on this says not to do that - and it's probably because most attacks like that are totally OOC motivated ("it's noob for lunch time, and you're on the menu" or "I hate you", whatever). I am really not sure how to handle that part, either.

Professional Issue Lawyer here.

You should always make an attempt at IC resolution. Always. This is because if you go directly to issuing me without that attempt my response will start with the phrase "No in-character resolution was attempted before they issued me. If they had attempted to talk to me about it, they would have learned..." and at that point I can give basically any damn half-reasonable reason at all and I will win the issue because you didn't perform your due diligence and attempt to resolve it and they're not going to go history-diving over it.

The only exceptions to that rule are issues over harassment of various types. Somebody dropping racist/sexual/homophobic slurs on you, bypassing snub for harassment purposes, intentional spamming, etc. PK issues should always attempt IC resolution first, though.

That aside you are asking a crazy complicated question. They are telling you that issues are handled on a case-by-case basis because they are handled on a case-by-case basis and there are no firm rules on how they will be handled.