Skip to content

Khizan's Classlead Repository

Comments

• Absolution should be changed to an entirely different skill. It doesn't cure enlighten anymore, doesn't need to cure undeath, and damnation is on a timer now so it doesn't need to cure that either.
  • VelionVelion California, USA
    While we're on the subject of Devo, cleansing should be changed or deleted. I thought passive def strip was going to die a few rounds ago?
  • It went from invisible and absurdly slow to visible and only vaguely slow, while keeping its reasonably high devotion cost and short duration. What went away were the god awful lemming pets that would strip every 4 seconds.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2013
    Velion said:
    While we're on the subject of Devo, cleansing should be changed or deleted. I thought passive def strip was going to die a few rounds ago?
    Oh, classlead for devotion.

Gravehands/Piety and vibes get nerfed when you're not in-room/adjacent. This should be applied to all rites, except maybe all sight.
  • I'd be mostly comfortable with that.

It'd change healing, revitalization, condemnation, cleansing, banishment, and probably truth. Allsight, convocation, and pilgrimage would have to function like they currently do. I'd even agree to change seance as well if it worked instantly and immediately like the defiler one - obviously a 3s tick would never work if you could only have one.

edited February 2013
    Also for devo, increase the amount of devotion gained from last rites. Or, make it be able to use all the corpses in your inventory, rather than just one. It's useless as is, and devotion is hell to get back
  • Now that ciguatoxin has a cool down and paralysis locks aren't the go to tactic and sap builds a silly amount of fanatism...classleads!

With a lightning-quick motion, you slash Michiko with a Souledge Sabre.
    Michiko's body ceases to move as her body stiffens into paralysis.
    Balance Taken: 2.09s

Michiko's holy seraph casts a piercing glance at you.

Michiko calls upon the Gods and her seraph suddenly reaches for your chest.

TL:DR: Classlead the clerics to not be able to use the seraph while paralysed (since paralysis isn't an issue anymore)
    Do the same thing to ouroboros (except you can't demon blast/demon catharsis while paralysed, but you can seraph absolve)

Ahkan said:
    Now that ciguatoxin has a cool down and paralysis locks aren't the go to tactic and sap builds a silly amount of fanatism...classleads!

With a lightning-quick motion, you slash Michiko with a Souledge Sabre.
    Michiko's body ceases to move as her body stiffens into paralysis.
    Balance Taken: 2.09s

Michiko's holy seraph casts a piercing glance at you.

Michiko calls upon the Gods and her seraph suddenly reaches for your chest.

TL:DR: Classlead the clerics to not be able to use the seraph while paralysed (since paralysis isn't an issue anymore)
    Do the same thing to ouroboros (except you can't demon blast/demon catharsis while paralysed, but you can seraph absolve)

I'd definitely like to see that. Hindered - you shouldn't be able to sap/leech/whatever. Absolve/catharsis, maybe. But only because Priest is a slower class, and if they're mass-burning mana to hinder you, they should die anyways.

•  Ozreas says, "Give Rafe/Balan bloodfreeze imo."
  • We can eat herbs, drink vials, touch tattoos, smoke pipes, and apply salves all while swinging blades and stinging and casting and throwing pheromones. It doesn't really break RP to input a mechanic. True-to-life RP is largely thrown out the window for combat, replaced by "let's make this functional and awesome" instead.

Because let's be honest, I don't know how a diavlous could vivisect you in a split second even if your limbs are broken. But functionally, it works, and it's really awesome imagining it. Works fine.
  • Priest is a momentum class that has no 'window' in the traditional sense. They don't get hinders, they don't get a proper way to exploit limb damage, they don't get reliable afflictions of any consequence - the only way that they have to build their momentum and then exploit it is to grind very slowly toward it with basic attacks.

Sap bypassing paralysis is a design consideration, just like pre-Kanai having it bypass shield was a design consideration. The class is not set up to open up an offense, it doesn't have the tools - so in the long slow climb up 'maybe I can kill them eventually' mountain, certain considerations had to be made.

Their actual kill moves are incredibly trivial to avoid, but building up fanatism is one of those things that is going to occur if you sticking around.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2013
    ^This is all wrong.

Kanai is amazing. Kanai is the bomb. There's this skill in fanatism called shatter. The more fanatism I have, the faster it works. The way cleric combat works, you produce so much fanatism it's CRAZY. I always pictured my mace catching fire when I got rolling, it was awesome. Irc, I had a 1.2s shatter @100%. Way before that, my shatter became faster than your shield tattoo/mechanic. I pressured someone into a kill window so they turtled. I blew purification and kept up my fanatism sapping through shields. I got him low again. He shielded. I had full fanatism. 1.2s shatter, absolve before he had eq back. Fin.

Supremacy helps down squishies if you want to go this route. Gold-ink/Yellow-ink, pick your poison, both work. (Both are useful)

Firebrand+Burn is awesome, especially since you can fire/cold it.

Alacrity is awesome for raining unnecessary terror down upon bads.

Purification is the gift that keeps on giving. At a certain point, this becomes almost unstoppable.

Passive heal? Check. Passive heal x 2? Double check. Tanky? Got it. 

Solid afflictions? Masked stupidity and reckless. Omg, yes plz.

Entangle? Yep!

I won't even go into detail of how awesome clerics are in teams. (They are. A lot) Mind crush? (Yeah, you've noticed. Don't lie.)

Cleric has many tools to keep up mana/health pressure. Being able to attack, keep up pressure through shield is more than enough. Being able to attack, pressure and insta-kill while paralysed? Go home, Juran. You're drunk.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2013
    Also: 

Someone class lead this.

Problem: Clerics can sap and absolve while paralysed. Malignists cannot catharsis while paralysed. Malignists lack the mana pressure and shield breaking mechanics of cleric. Malignists also lack reliable afflictions, entangles, limb damage...let's be honest, they lack everything reliable. Malignist is not set up to be offensive class (anymore). Paralyse is a hard cure to enable.

Solution 1: Malignists can absolve while paralysed.
    Solution 2: Creativity!
    Solution 3: Creativity!
  • So-- I suspect there's something up with triggers, but I'm not quite sure how to go about classleading or even really testing it.

At times, Trigger won't fire for some five, even ten seconds, despite the cooldown being about 2 seconds or so. This is repeatedly giving them that affliction in hopes it'll fire and watching them cure(as I only use one orphine thing in my stack, which is stupidity).

Sometimes it'll work just fine and you'll have triggers firing perfectly after 2 seconds, sometimes it decides to flip you off and not fire for the entire duration of one, even sometimes two combo sets.

Any help with this?
  • Log it. Drop it on paste bin. File a bug and include the paste bin link. We did the same thing with infirmity, which had an atrociously overpowered bug we could have used to kill all the things. We didn't. :(

Ahkan said:
    ^This is all wrong.

Kanai is amazing. Kanai is the bomb. There's this skill in fanatism called shatter. The more fanatism I have, the faster it works. The way cleric combat works, you produce so much fanatism it's CRAZY. I always pictured my mace catching fire when I got rolling, it was awesome. Irc, I had a 1.2s shatter @100%. Way before that, my shatter became faster than your shield tattoo/mechanic. I pressured someone into a kill window so they turtled. I blew purification and kept up my fanatism sapping through shields. I got him low again. He shielded. I had full fanatism. 1.2s shatter, absolve before he had eq back. Fin.

Supremacy helps down squishies if you want to go this route. Gold-ink/Yellow-ink, pick your poison, both work. (Both are useful)

Firebrand+Burn is awesome, especially since you can fire/cold it.

Alacrity is awesome for raining unnecessary terror down upon bads.

Purification is the gift that keeps on giving. At a certain point, this becomes almost unstoppable.

Passive heal? Check. Passive heal x 2? Double check. Tanky? Got it. 

Solid afflictions? Masked stupidity and reckless. Omg, yes plz.

Entangle? Yep!

I won't even go into detail of how awesome clerics are in teams. (They are. A lot) Mind crush? (Yeah, you've noticed. Don't lie.)

Cleric has many tools to keep up mana/health pressure. Being able to attack, keep up pressure through shield is more than enough. Being able to attack, pressure and insta-kill while paralysed? Go home, Juran. You're drunk.
    Shatter is around 0.7s at 100% in Athletic. What @Juran said is true, it's a momentum class that relies on basic attacks to get momentum to start out. His line of "in the long slow climb up 'maybe I can kill them eventually' mountain" is accurate. If Priest couldn't sap through hinder, their momentum goes from good to bad. Fanatism degrades after 5 seconds of no attacking, after that, it degrades at a rate of 2 per second. Priest doesn't need any more than it has, but it doesn't need any less.
  • Honestly, that's a problem every class faces. If you hinder me while I'm spamming curse/dsl/dstab, my affliction rate drops and my progress killing you takes a step back or resets. Sadly, it's not a problem unique to cleric. The most effective cleric mechanic doesn't deserve to be immune to hinders. A good chunk of your abilities are passive. Some of your best abilities bypass shield and hand out masked afflictions. Based on my experience in cleric and general knowledge, I have a hard time seeing put away opportunities. I was able to ko a metrazol/ciguatoxin deathknight with a web pet and he couldn't stop it. (x3) I wasn't paralysed when I absolved him.

If there is a problem with you being hindered, I'd say it's probably in automatic kanai degeneration. 
  • So, there's a typo in my post I just noticed it. It should be, "Lack of put away opportunities." Shatter/absolve is gross. Anyways! My bad.
    @Ahkan hit the nail on the head. While I'm not so sure about taking out fanatism degeneration altogether, reducing the rate at which it decays would be good. Assuming sap is changed and is unusable while hindered.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    not like masked stupidity or reckless is a problem for you any longer :V
  • Azefel said:
    I had masked reckless on lockdown! I should thank Gurn, though. HIs sacrifice will not be in vain.

IluFaz.
  • I never understood the point of recklessness. A fighter that knows what they're doing will be able to notice it easily and still be sipping/eating toadstool through it.

If you want to make it effective, then make it so that it makes your health/mana appear as it was before the affliction, rather than at full.
  • edited March 2013
    Abigail said:
    I never understood the point of recklessness. A fighter that knows what they're doing will be able to notice it easily and still be sipping/eating toadstool through it.

If you want to make it effective, then make it so that it makes your health/mana appear as it was before the affliction, rather than at full.
    The point of recklessness is that a lot of people still don't have recklessness watchers set up. You might also get lucky and catch people at max health/mana with it so it's not as detectable. Some people in the top 100 can still get caught by masked recklessness. It's like how I can tfix loop people at shardfalls all day long because you've got 20th-100th ranked pker's entering combat without outr'ing their herbs first.
    That said, with Endurance/Willpower on their way out, you're just watching two stats for sudden jumps. Between that and CONFIG HEALTHINFO and CONFIG MANAINFO, it's not that complicated, people are just lazy. Only exception being when blackout is involved, and that's when you diagnose on BALEQ. Problem solved.

Edit: Also wanna point out. If recklessness just locked hp and mp at their current value, if they were damaged at all in the first place, they would keep sipping and/or eating toadstool. Might be more useful for Cleric/Malignist so they could mask if they're focusing on hp or mp, but it'd become useless for every other class and for mobs, where it's meant to stop sipping/toadstool until they catch it. It'd also be just as easy to detect because you're ideally watching Health Gain/Lost and Mana Gain/Lost and catching recklessness as soon as those numbers don't match the changes in your prompt/GMCP.Char.Vitals.
  • Ahkan said:
    Azefel said:
    I had masked reckless on lockdown! I should thank Gurn, though. HIs sacrifice will not be in vain.

IluFaz.
    I don't even know what I did. I haven't used masked recklessness since... Ever.
  • It probably procced off of instability or something.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• The great Azefel emotion parser that lagged the game for six seconds. He was using it to make a masked stupidity detector.
  • edited March 2013
    Dicene said:
    The point of recklessness is that a lot of people still don't have recklessness watchers set up. 
    If recklessness just locked hp and mp at their current value, if they were damaged at all in the first place, they would keep sipping and/or eating toadstool. Might be more useful for Cleric/Malignist so they could mask if they're focusing on hp or mp, but it'd become useless for every other class and for mobs, where it's meant to stop sipping/toadstool until they catch it.
    Could make the affliction cause your perceived health/mana levels to fluctuate randomly between, say, 85% and 100%. I don't know. While the idea of an affliction that actually targets the player rather than the character is pretty neat, it just seems silly to me that an affliction's success relies solely on the player being bad rather than having an actual hard effect.

I bet that latter bit would make an interesting affliction. Opposite of recklessness? You're forced to sip health whenever your elixir balance is back until the affliction's cured?
  • Abigail said:

I bet that latter bit would make an interesting affliction. Opposite of recklessness? You're forced to sip health whenever your elixir balance is back until the affliction's cured?
    If I'm not mistaken, I think that's elixir addiction.
  • Gurn said:
    If I'm not mistaken, I think that's elixir addiction.
    I've never seen anyone use it.