Skip to content

Big changes in the Oct-Nov 2012 classlead cycle

124»

Comments

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2013
    I really don't have time to teach you how to play your class. I've manage to kill people as all flavors of knight in Imperian. It's a lot of theme and variation, but it's all easily applicable across all three classes. Switching weapons isn't forbidden, especially in 1v1.

-Oxalis isn't a pingwar. You're looking at it the wrong way. You're hitting with oxalis to make them waste two herb-balances. You should be ready to hit with useful toxins (hemotoxin) when they eat juniper or hyssop. This is a gimpy way to jump start your momentum, which you should never lose unless they get smart.

-Garrynbot applies salves before it cures butisol. If you can't capitalize on a 6-12s window...that's sad.

-Limb damage is long cure. 4-6s. That's 2-3 dsls. Can't outrift with no arms. Can't stand with no legs. That's a good spring board into other, more useful tactics right there.

-Limb counting is easy as pie now. 

-Fast statpack has been a requirement for super affliction knight for forever. With the changes you can stick afflictions at ~2.3s with a good toxin queue. Lionas does it outside of fast and without a level laser sword. However, he thinks fast is faster. <-- this is weird, citation needed.

-Denying someone a health balance is useful. I'm sorry you can't get it to work.

-Denying someone the ability to shield is useful. I'm sorry you can't get it to work.

-Denying someone the ability to use aura is useful. I'm sorry you can't get it to work.

If you really wanted, you could smith a lot of weapons and Ozreas yourself into a situation where your dsl was as closely synchronized with your flare equilibrium. Then you could really get into some annoying crap. I've done it with wytch using blight and flare and it's annoying as hell.

I'm sure you value your testing, but there's been a long list of people who have managed to kill bads, mids and goods with a variety of tools from the Knight tool belt. A knight with shadow plant, faux impatience, healing denial, transfix, shield denial, rebounding denial, off-bal prone, no damage sleep, percent health attack, and a hunger attack should not have problems getting the kb.

**If you don't like fast, save up and get a transmutation gem. It's badass to be able to switch between strong/athletic and fast/clever at will.
  • I see my points are going right over your head.
  • Gurn said:
    I see my points are going right over your head.
    Glad we're having the same problem.
  • Throwing runes out like the anti-elixir rune as they come off refresh is probably a bad move. Throwing them in as burst when you're switching from pressure to your kill shot is undoubtedly going to be more successful.
  • Juran and I agree. This is an indicator that something is amiss.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    I've accidentally killed 3 AMers in the last few days testing my dsb setup (I think it works). You even have transfix and nairat, I can't imagine it being harder than a Templar to pull off. :(
  • (Ring): Azefel says, "Septus."
    543/543h 543/543m 100e 102w bals:eb status:db arms: pp Kai: 0
    (Ring): You say, "Sup."
    543/543h 543/543m 100e 102w bals:eb status:db arms: pp Kai: 0
    (Ring): Azefel says, "Let me test?"
     <snip>
    You do not bleed my friend.
    543/543h 516/543m 100e 101w bals:eb status:p arms: pp Kai: 0
    With a vicious snarl Azefel carves a merciless swathe through your steaming guts. You gurgle and choke as he withdraws his dripping weapon, glistening with gore.
    Damage Taken: 433 unblockable (raw damage: 326)
    With an heroic effort you manage to writhe yourself free from the weapon that impaled you.
    Azefel raises his arms in a beckoning gesture as the Rite of Convocation bursts into flames and wreathes itself around you.
    The burning flames of the rite have proven to be too much for your body to handle and your charred corpse drops to the ground.
    You have been slain by Azefel.
    Damage Taken: 109 fayth, mental (raw damage: 74)
     <dead>

1. Screw you rounding.
    2. Stole my champion :(

• edited February 2013
    To be fair, going by your status, if Gurn did a similiar thing he'd DSB/sowulu me, and the sowulu would fail because I would be deaf, and then I'd stand up and heal. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Also, I'm sabotaging myself by doing this, but besides torso damage there is nothing that stops you from going "writhe impale" and getting out in two seconds besides your opponent being really bad. Just FYI.

And yes, there's what Khizan said. Sowulu would also do 10%(roughly 50-60) as opposed to the 109 you're able to do. There's some interesting things you can do with a diadem, but they still have a problem of being cool but not really being able to actually pull off the kill anywhere. There's no finish line, just a bunch of really cool acrobatics, but in the end you're just flailing around.
  • that was with 4 affs, one being sensitivity (if my maths isn't failing me, I'd have to check to be sure).

Not sure what you mean @Khizan about me being deaf, I was undeaf for the dsb in that log. (Unless you can't combo Sowulu with dsb which I'd find surprising.)

• Oh, I misread your prompt above the snip.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited February 2013
    With a vicious snarl Azefel carves a merciless swathe through your steaming guts. You gurgle and choke as he withdraws his dripping weapon, glistening with gore.
    Damage Taken: 433 unblockable (raw damage: 326)

:P

Also he was the only one I killed that actually needed the flare, and the dsb on him already did 79%~ his max hp on it's own. On the other two people I killed, they didn't even survive the dsb for me to flare cause of the little whittling down in the setup.

• knight pk is -hard-

• Gurn said:
    Also, I'm sabotaging myself by doing this, but besides torso damage there is nothing that stops you from going "writhe impale" and getting out in two seconds besides your opponent being really bad. Just FYI.
    Or you can leg break with a double opium, hit with undeaf, and then impale/bcry.
  • Kyrock said:
    Or you can leg break with a double opium, hit with undeaf, and then impale/bcry.
    Honest question, does this work without a Diadem of Quickening? I thought battlecry equilibrium time was something like 5.2 seconds. If not, it seems unfair to expect knights (of all flavours) to have an 850 credit artifact just to pull off disembowel.
  • You can DSB off eq.

• before the bcry change, disembowels were really easy to get. Just needed paralysis and undeaf and you had yourself a disembowel. Now you need prone and undeaf to stun, so you have to do a little extra work.