Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• I honestly don't care much for this event. Maybe it's cause I haven't really participated, but I'm not hearing anything about storyline or plot or anything interesting out of it. I'm hearing "Oh man, this is a lot of quest exp!" and similar.

I am unenthused.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited May 2013
    Khizan said:

I honestly don't care much for this event. Maybe it's cause I haven't really participated, but I'm not hearing anything about storyline or plot or anything interesting out of it. I'm hearing "Oh man, this is a lot of quest exp!" and similar.

I am unenthused.

There is a 'story', but it isn't really composed well and it doesn't have much to do with Imperian's 'grand scheme'. I have barely been paying attention. Really, I can't say this event is engaging whatsoever. I mostly just look back from my textbooks to see assassins or bloated zombies killing people in the Shuk.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • This was not really meant to be a major event. More on the minor side, but with a large content release. If we just dump content into the game like this, without any story or progress, people get mad. Fear not, we will do a regular event in the near future.

• Eusto said:
    I heart knowing that cool stuff is coming.
    You know, these Strigoi would make nice custom soaps. =P
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited May 2013
  • I really like this style of releasing content over a lengthy period of time. Leads to a little of that elusive cross-circle RP and it gives me a reason to log in every day other than just idling for shardfalls.

Also, AREAS gets a thumbs up from me. Eor'gahl seemed a little lower level than it should have been, but I've not been there in a while, so I could be wrong.
  • You drop three pulsing black moroi hearts.
    Balance Taken: 1.10s
    Slavering and panting, Wyr the white enters, drawn to the pile of bloody hearts. He hunkers down
    over them, grabbing each one and tearing large chunks of flesh off with his teeth.
    You have completed the quest named 'Summon the Strigoi'!
    Excellent! Now SHOCK the WEASEL to trap him!

I have no idea what that meant, but it made me lol pretty hard. These Strigoi are fun.
  • VelionVelion California, USA

A rainbow crosses the sky for the briefest of moments. You can almost taste the rainbow.

• Velion said:

A rainbow crosses the sky for the briefest of moments. You can almost taste the rainbow.
    I'm assuming it had to do with that vote reminder that referred to shards as Skittles. I thought that someone was just having fun with their new Renegade class.

• Yeah, they're great.

But it is soul-crushingly depressing to bash through Necropolis and then not get anything for summoning them. :(

Or that one time I went 0/19 on good hearts, I almost suicided on the spot.
  • Glad you like them. We are going to try to add them to as many areas in the game as possible, especially the top end areas. @Jesse has actually done all the code and design on them.

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I'd like to fight a metal-skinned leaping unicorn full of a prism of colours smashing through things like a never-ending onslaught of rainbow magnificense.

• Mathiaus said:
    I'd like to fight a metal-skinned leaping unicorn full of a prism of colours smashing through things like a never-ending onslaught of rainbow magnificense.
  • Rinnr is my new favorite.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • A rainbow-colored sieve (250cr)
    - Carrying this multi-colored sieve allows a Wytch to colorize bone dust without needing inks.
    - Additionally, colorizing bone dust takes no balance!

New Wytch artifacts! Now with the added bonus of making Kanthari appear even manlier?

:(

(I'm frowning but I still love this)

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • I'm honestly not a huge fan of the bosses in retrospect.

I had fun opening the demon gates, and I've had fun with the two strigoi I've been in on, but overall? Hit the thing over and over. Watch for the telegraphed move. React to it.  In many cases, that last one can be handled by somebody who tags the mob once and then just sits back and does nothing with triggers up to unentangle people, pull them free, whatever. In other cases, it's "change targets(which means do 'attack ice|attack utoxor' as your attack)" or "stop hitting until a debuff wears off".  Repeat this.

And then one person gets a reward. Wheee. I see them being less of a "Let's go kill a boss!" and more of a "Who wants to help me get a <artifact>? Anybody? Anybody?"

It's not even like WoW, where you can solo old content for fun and farm for Thunderfury and such, because the design of most of the bosses enforces a minimum group size, but only one person can get the reward.

They're fun for an event, but I am sort of meh on them long term. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    Gurn said:
    The best part of the this here is where they say "blame something in the game." We've tried this....ad nauseum. The resounding reply from *ahem* was "nuhuh" followed by toxicity from the moral 'high ground'. It's such a vicious circle. 
  • There's also no such thing as "matches" for the most part in Imperian, and it's a smaller community which knows the admins pretty intimately compared to most other games, so a few things don't quite match up.

It's general tone is, hey man, don't be hatin' on other players, bitch about the game a bit if it makes you feel better. I don't think the message to take away was, "Better blame something I think is OP until the admins listen to me," but rather, "Go ahead and use the game as an outlet for your frustrations until you've cooled off."
  • Khizan said:

I'm honestly not a huge fan of the bosses in retrospect.

I had fun opening the demon gates, and I've had fun with the two strigoi I've been in on, but overall? Hit the thing over and over. Watch for the telegraphed move. React to it.  In many cases, that last one can be handled by somebody who tags the mob once and then just sits back and does nothing with triggers up to unentangle people, pull them free, whatever. In other cases, it's "change targets(which means do 'attack ice|attack utoxor' as your attack)" or "stop hitting until a debuff wears off".  Repeat this.

And then one person gets a reward. Wheee. I see them being less of a "Let's go kill a boss!" and more of a "Who wants to help me get a <artifact>? Anybody? Anybody?"

It's not even like WoW, where you can solo old content for fun and farm for Thunderfury and such, because the design of most of the bosses enforces a minimum group size, but only one person can get the reward.

They're fun for an event, but I am sort of meh on them long term. 

So what would make them better? Right now everyone get the honour line that goes toward the achievement and the eventual reward that way. 

I want to add things to the game that mobs/bosses can drop, that are valueable to players for trading with each other. Of course, in order to make that meaningful it all it has to be pretty indepth and complicated. So that is a work in progress.

• I think the horns from the promotion are a good place to start. I can see everyone involved getting an ogre horn when you take down a horde boss, for example.