Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Eldreth said:
    Labil said:
    Then comes Bathan's rhino, and all bets are off.

And we have had the evidence emerge in a previous debate on this issue to support your statement (much to the shame of my owl)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8BF0dl3SAs

It was the Owl's rookie season. They'll get better.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited February 2013
    I heart my serious face.

You say, "I'm serious. Look, this is my serious face."

You are now wearing a serious face.

You point accusingly at a serious face.

A face for the discriminating face connoisseur, this serious face exudes pure seriousness. It is not a face to be trifled with. Although speaking of truffles, it does seem to be discretely chewing on one at the moment. That doesn't seem very serious, does it?
    It weighs about 1 pound.
  • Gift from Malkav. He was a cool dude.
  • What was so bad about Malkav?
  • You are just infidels! BUUUUUURRRRRNNNNNN

• His persona was swathed in hard rock references, White Wolf fanboyism, and really just a large amount of irritation. Every single player of Malkav used the opportunity of 'insanity' to go out of their way to break the immersion of everybody around him in awkward ways, most of which were blatant - such as Metallica lyrics in one of his prayers.

The god had a lot of baggage that made it difficult NOT to be glad he was dead.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    His persona was swathed in hard rock references, White Wolf fanboyism, and really just a large amount of irritation. Every single player of Malkav used the opportunity of 'insanity' to go out of their way to break the immersion of everybody around him in awkward ways, most of which were blatant - such as Metallica lyrics in one of his prayers.

The god had a lot of baggage that made it difficult NOT to be glad he was dead.
    Considering many people equated "insanity" with "OOC", the thing was really a letdown. Insanity, as a concept, can be ridiculously fun to explore and can get pretty twisted and messed up, but most people decided they'd just make bad OOC jokes with it instead. I've personally never viewed insanity as "haha look how funny stupid crazy they are" but rather the kind of spiraling irrational thought that produces some of the most memorable and scary characters ever created.

Though I guess to be fair, some of those characters believe themselves to be sane, and wouldn't join an Order devoted to insanity. Though, some, like the Joker or Vaas...

Originally, I wanted to make a character devoted to explore what it could mean to be insane, but how the Order conducted itself was offputting. Sadly, there's no real place to really do that anymore-- Not that there really was.
  • From what I've seen of Malkav in logs, he needs less Sheogorath insanity, and more Heath Ledger as Joker insanity. Less saying things that don't make sense, more saying things that scare you. It might just be me, but I imagine a certain amount of brutality in insanity, a certain amount of sadism to it. Like the guy in Reservoir Dogs cutting the cop's(I think? It's been a long time since I've seen it) ear off, the French general dude in Pan's Labyrinth that smashes a guys face in with a bottle, or the homunculus Gluttony in Fullmetal Alchemist(I know, high school reference). I'm right there with Gurn, there is so much potential psychological depth to be found in people losing their grasp on reality, that depth apparently wasn't to be found in Malkav.

Back on topic. Now that's I've kinda figured it out a little, I heart Demon's Pass. I like roaming mobs, the lack of crazy clots(in all but like, one room), and the convenience of having mobs come to you. I'd love to try out Khous but I'm about 100 health and 3 arti's from attempting that. A lower level wave-style bashing area would be amazing for us low/midbies.
  • Next thing you are going to say is you do not like talking to Omar :<
  • Omar is funny, but I can only spend approximately 10 seconds interacting with him before I lose interest. And like Lothesh, I could care less whether he was alive or dead.
  • I support the implementation of Heath Ledger Joker into Imperian.

• In the early early days, his first player had him walking around in vinyl pants and a fishnet shirt with vampire fangs and similar things, and the God's public RP/conversation has always tended towards the madness-via-randomnness and "since I'm mad, I can be OOC, and it's just me being insane, so have some recognizable song lyrics" schools.

Madness is a tricky thing to get right in RP and stories. The best examples of it being done right are probably the Malkavians from VtM: Bloodlines. They're clearly mad, and their speech absolutely reflects this, but they get the whole oracular/prophetic 'cracked mirror' thing right. Their random seeming sentences are laden with meaning, and it's meaning that becomes apparent as things progress. If one of these Malkavians answers a throwaway question with a stupid song about fish heads, it's because you're going to find out 3-4 quests from now that the dude you've spent an entire Act looking for is hiding out in a cat food factory. 

Imperian's not the best environment to play the type ofof insight/perception madness he always talked about, because it's not scripted. Malkav didn't even try, though. At least, none of the ones I encountered ever did.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Welam is good example of someone who did Malkavian RP right in my opinion. Also, the order was horrible because it was stuck with Elizabell forever.
  • Iluv said:
    Also, the order was horrible because it was stuck with Elizabell forever.
    Because he stuck it to Elizabell forever, and she wasn't afraid to admit it.
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah, the madness-via-randomness thing is dumb as hell, but to be honest I have -never- noticed that happening with the Malkav that I experienced, and being stupidly random was never Kanna's real shtick. If you ever RP'd with her in-depth (and no, you haven't,) you'd figure that out pretty quickly.

The biggest reason why Malkavians were seen as the 'lol random' type is because silly pranks are their way of basically preaching insanity to people. By challenging the way someone sees the world, they find a new insight in it, blah blah blah.

The RP just doesn't work in Imperian because everyone's reaction to pretty much anything is either 'can I kill it?' or 'lol IDC.' Nobody fears anything because death is a slap on the wrist and injuries can be healed instantaneously, and nobody is inspired or mindblown because it's just text in a video game.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I don't miss the market tells for Malkav recruiting.

Also, I heart the loss of endurance.
  • edited March 2013
    Mathiaus said:
    I don't miss the market tells for Malkav recruiting.
    From my experience, Imperian is mostly hardcore PKers who consider having a sense of humour as a liability that can get you PK farmed.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Death is Life, Life is Death. I'm not talking about the new shit either. RIP. I heart the reason I even kept playing this game, and I refuse to put it on I hate that that reason isn't around anymore and never will be. I'm not even going to talk about the ones that came after.
  • I heart that the next time I go on a bashing spree, I will be able to use autoloot.
  • Autoloot. Much love.
  • If only it put it into your pack.

• edited March 2013
    Ragnar said:
    If only it put it into your pack.
    And ran to altar/generator to offer corpses. Right?

("queue eqbal put gold in pouch" is your friend)

• And auto-attacked things for you, auto-sold corpses to their respective buyers, and then auto-pathfinded you to the next bashing area once you're finished up at the current location.
  • I heart the apparent swarm of changes that are happening and I can't wait for more. Also I heart anyone who actually takes the time to vote and show their appreciation.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
  • Abigail said:
    And auto-attacked things for you, auto-sold corpses to their respective buyers, and then auto-pathfinded you to the next bashing area once you're finished up at the current location.
    Yes!

• edited March 2013
    While it's definitely the cool thing to do to hate on every song made after the year 2000, I still heart the crap outta this song. It's just so fun to listen to.

• I heart Archer references