Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Add a 5c stand-alone dailycredit to helping to bind a plague. Share the plague love!

• I'm surprise no one mentioned it.. but monk and pred are the two best, imo. 4 BLP punches as monk while in dragon stance at 2.00 balance. Pred is just as fast if not faster.

Ranking IMO for bashing classes is:

1. Monk
    2. Pred
    3. Berserker

But basically anything with multi-hit is good, because you are hoping to crit with each punch, potentially killing things with 1 hit when you are Aspect. Your crit rate increases as you level. If you have earrings + critting artifacts, it is great.

Now.. I see some people are complaining about Aspects clearing out area and potential newbies leaving because they can't keep up/compete. I'm not sure what you want people who have artifacts or that hunt a lot to do. Never go into a low level area because newbies might want to go there?

The game is 'free' now. You can earn 20 credits a day. It's going to take them time to catch up. Sorry, but that's just how it works. People with artifacts that make hunting faster/easier aren't going to disappear. At this point so far in the game, you also can't really take those things away from them either. If newbies don't want to stick around because hunting areas are crowded, then so be it. Once they hit 80+, they are going to feel the overcrowding of DP, UW, and Necro. A simple solution to overcrowding is more areas to hunt, but until that happens, just deal with it.

You also can't make a new char, play it for a month and expect to catch up with people who have been collecting artifacts for quite literally RL years. But newbies have an advantage now and that they can earn 20 credits a day, participate in city blah blah and get those sweet org credits too. Or drop some cash, support the game, and then catch up without the time sink.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • edited October 2018
    As someone who's played all 3 at Aspect, Zerker is better than all of those. You can't base a class being a strong bashing class, around the assumption you're killing everything in 1 combo. For that reason, Zerker is better than both of those. I would even go as far to say that Diabolist is as well with burning/freezing on every single combo.

Personally (not counting any class with scepter) I would say (from an overall standpoint, not just dps)
    1. Berserker,
    2. Diabolist / Knight (in no real order),
    3. Shaman (1 hit, but it's less than half the speed of pretty much everything else bar Predator),
    4. Pugilist-spec Monk (possibly, only because of Transmute/numb, maybe 3rd with Shaman),
    5. Probably Predator; it'd be higher if its tanking ability didn't get neutered hard. Otherwise I wouldn't really put it higher than most classes right now. It's fast, but its attacks don't hit all that hard. So unless you're someone like Tikal with 70-odd% crit chance and every arti, I wouldn't rate it particularly highly anymore for new people to bash with.
  • Add in bards as one of the top bashing classes 

With magick’s extra critical rate they are amongst the best bashing class. Over the years bards are represented very well  in great hunts and such
  • @Kalynthari - I'm basing it on speed, which means the faster you hit + the more times you hit = the more chance to crit. I'm also basing it on balance times. You have 2.00 with pred and Monk, and you're 2.00+ with Berserker. Knights are 2 hits with a longer balance time.

I've bashed as Aspect Shaman, Monk, Berserker, Runeguard. The only class I can't personally speak on is pred, but I bash with Zerin and she's a beast who is much faster than my monk.

This is with me changing statpacks to suit the class. If you're ranking bashing classes on survival as well, then knights absolutely belong up there at the top. But if you're in and out killing things quickly, it doesn't matter what your health is.

At this point bashing is a chore for gold/credits after Aspect. Speed is absolutely important. I get that this is all opinion anyway, but I can't stand that you put knight up there. It's not the worst class in the world to bash with, but monk > knight. If you combo monk + spinel earrings + ruby earrings.. you don't even have to worry abut surviving DP.
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • edited October 2018
    Wyll said:

At this point bashing is a chore for gold/credits after Aspect. Speed is absolutely important. I get that this is all opinion anyway, but I can't stand that you put knight up there. It's not the worst class in the world to bash with, but monk > knight. If you combo monk + spinel earrings + ruby earrings.. you don't even have to worry abut surviving DP.
    Sure, if you're basing it purely around crits then there's gonna be a lot who're better than knight. Crits are still RNG, however, I had 74% crit chance when I was diabolist with Tikal's arties, yet there were still plenty of times I went upwards of 10 combos without a single crit. As the saying goes, "You do zero damage when you're dead."
    Also if you're speaking from an artied standpoint (I'm gonna assume you are, given a lot of things you've said) then you can bash with longswords/sabres as knight, and mow shit down fast. I tried it for a bit with Arakis's arties and a borrowed long from Felton, it was pretty okay. Raw dps was less than broadswords, but the speed and crits made up for it considerably. Knights are never gonna be a bad choice for bashing. I've yet to even see them be an 'average' choice across all of IRE.
  • Add 5 new scepter levels, each splitting the attack evenly into a combo.

:3
  • Gjarrus said:
    Add 5 new scepter levels, each splitting the attack evenly into a combo.

:3
    f r e e  t o  p l a y
  • Wyll said:

Sure, if you're basing it purely around crits then there's gonna be a lot who're better than knight. Crits are still RNG, however, I had 74% crit chance when I was diabolist with Tikal's arties, yet there were still plenty of times I went upwards of 10 combos without a single crit. As the saying goes, "You do zero damage when you're dead."
    Also if you're speaking from an artied standpoint (I'm gonna assume you are, given a lot of things you've said) then you can bash with longswords/sabres as knight, and mow **** down fast. I tried it for a bit with Arakis's arties and a borrowed long from Felton, it was pretty okay. Raw dps was less than broadswords, but the speed and crits made up for it considerably. Knights are never gonna be a bad choice for bashing. I've yet to even see them be an 'average' choice across all of IRE.

I use a scepter, but if I was a monk or pred, I wouldn't be using it. That's how much more I prefer those classes for bashing.
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • Starting with the next org credit distribution, orgs will also be getting an additional prize in the form of their choice of the CTF prizes.

Can we include the Watcher Statue in these prizes, instead of that terrible Restoration Fountain that no one wants? It's the last of the legacy city prizes that haven't yet been standardized or made available.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
  • Team Bloodbath
  • Gjarrus said:
    Team Bloodbath
    A modified team Fox-and-Hound game would be awesome too, calling primaries based on which target gets you points instead of which target is the better primary.
  • In order to support guilds a little better, here is a little suggestion.

- Make 'member purchase' credits a guild only thing.
    - Increase the amount of credits generated by 5x (or even 10x)
    - Generate 'member purchase' credits even on buying promotion items from the website

Since cities now generate sufficient credits every two weeks this change shouldn't impact cities too much.
  • Sure must be fun being a pessimist about literally everything.

Would it be possible to have some sort of counter on DOUBLOON AREAS that show when an area is gonna be available to get a doubloon? Rather than just showing either a yes/no value on if you'd obtained one in the past 24 hours.

eta: Or even add it to COOLDOWNS, so as to not bloat up the doubloon display even more!

I would be in favor of having a message in SURVEY similar to that with fishing and ratting that says a spawnwaves is ready, in progress, or on cooldown. 
  • Just came back after a few months away. Some kind of brief summary of how stuff works + what's new would be great (for all IRE). WoW does this, updates it each expansion.
  • I appreciate the Classlead approval #639 that is slated to remove Veil and agree with all of the arguments made within. But there is something to be said for situational non-detection and the ability to bypass mindnet for the purposes of infiltration and surprise. As a concept it should exist, it just shouldn't be gated behind a 2000 credit investment.

So I propose one of two ideas:
    Cloaking Orb - Engineering Research 10
    For the next 5 minutes after activating this orb for the cost of a Red Shard, the bearer and all those in the room with them act as if concealed by Grove Conceal. This would functionally prohibit detection methods on anyone in the room, and also prevent detection from movement effects as long as they were in in the group of someone using an activated orb. 

Aryana Cloak - Sect Ritual Aryana level 4
    For the next 10 minutes after activating this skill for 40% faith, you are treated as having a Veil for the purpose of preventing detection and movement. This effect would only work on you, and provide no protection to those you are with.
  • Naruj said:
    I appreciate the Classlead approval #639 that is slated to remove Veil and agree with all of the arguments made within. But there is something to be said for situational non-detection and the ability to bypass mindnet for the purposes of infiltration and surprise. As a concept it should exist, it just shouldn't be gated behind a 2000 credit investment.

So I propose one of two ideas:
    Cloaking Orb - Engineering Research 10
    For the next 5 minutes after activating this orb for the cost of a Red Shard, the bearer and all those in the room with them act as if concealed by Grove Conceal. This would functionally prohibit detection methods on anyone in the room, and also prevent detection from movement effects as long as they were in in the group of someone using an activated orb. 

Aryana Cloak - Sect Ritual Aryana level 4
    For the next 10 minutes after activating this skill for 40% faith, you are treated as having a Veil for the purpose of preventing detection and movement. This effect would only work on you, and provide no protection to those you are with.
    Agree that it would be good to have some temp stealth of that sort, but 5 minutes for an entire group at the cost of 1 red shard is a bit much I think. Personally I like the second idea more, but maybe another solution possible too.
  • I'm flexible on timers and/or durations. You could make the orb of cloaking 1 minute and I would still use it.

I am also a pretty big fan of sticking it in Aryana, because otherwise Aryana is a terrible ritual list.
  • Serious question: Why does every class need access to some sort of anti-detection? Timed or otherwise.
    Surely if the admin thought it was needed, they'd have repurposed it and not gone with outright removing it.
  • Serious question: Why does every class need access to some sort of anti-detection? Timed or otherwise.
    Surely if the admin thought it was needed, they'd have repurposed it and not gone with outright removing it.
    There are a LOT of secondary or passive detection methods that we don't give a lot of thought because they're unreliable due to veils. Having the ability to move across the map or enter areas without immediately attracting attention from everyone in the area has tactical benefits. Most notably, it mitigates some of the advantage of showing up first - the person still has to fight into you and your static room defenses like totems, but they can come with more situational awareness of targets.
  • Add in an Engineering item that ignores veil effects for 5* minutes at the cost of a red shard.

* being the same time as the cloaking orb
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • edited November 2018
    Naruj said:
    Serious question: Why does every class need access to some sort of anti-detection? Timed or otherwise.
    There are a LOT of secondary or passive detection methods that we don't give a lot of thought because they're unreliable due to veils. Having the ability to move across the map or enter areas without immediately attracting attention from everyone in the area has tactical benefits. Most notably, it mitigates some of the advantage of showing up first - the person still has to fight into you and your static room defenses like totems, but they can come with more situational awareness of targets.
    Right but why does every class need to be able to do it similar to what veil does? That's what the cloaking change proposes, is it not? A temporary veil effect, that every class can do, when there's already classes that can do infiltration stuff on every faction.
    That's what my question was. Why does every class need to be able to infiltrate?
  • Naruj said:
    Serious question: Why does every class need access to some sort of anti-detection? Timed or otherwise.
    Right but why does every class need to be able to do it similar to what veil does? That's what the cloaking change proposes, is it not? A temporary veil effect, that every class can do, when there's already classes that can do infiltration stuff on every faction.
    That's what my question was. Why does every class need to be able to infiltrate?
    That’s a really fair point. Stealth and infiltration should be unique to the various “sneaky classes” like Assassin, Renegade, and Predator. Limiting stealth to stealthy professions is not only thematic, but adds a unique element to the play style that could be fun and challenging. 
  • For the same general reason that Shard Mark exists as a short term raido, and Shard Observe replaces seraph seek.

With the proposed system, the only class that will be able to even move around an area without being detected is an Assassin using phase, and even then only if they use balance to evade every single movement. Veils need to go because the credit investment is unfair, but the pendulum swings too far the other way without some method to stay hidden.
  • For continued discussion, please make a new thread rather than further derailing this one.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Seems like a more fitting place to post it.
    Gjarrus said:
    Autocuring not forcing sip/toadstool while reckless + being unable to set the threshold to 100% to make it happen myself.
    Can we please have this. Sure I could make a script to do it myself like I have with the past few SSC hiccups, but I didn't even know this was a thing since all the other games do it already, so I assumed Imperian did as well.

• Would it be possible to move the Doubloon area timer from 24-hours to 23-hours?

I would like to get home at a consistent time and do areas, but the way it works now is that I can't start an area until 24 hours after I previously finished it - pushing back the start time incrementally every day just a little bit. This means that I either need to stay up incrementally later, or skip a day to reset the counters.
  • Also related, would it be possible to reset the leaderboard? Even once a RL year or so, to give plenty of time for bragging rights and crowing about how great you are at bashing.
  • Naruj said:
    Also related, would it be possible to reset the leaderboard? Even once a RL year or so, to give plenty of time for bragging rights and crowing about how great you are at bashing.
    I think of-all-time should remain, if not for the express purpose that some people are competing to beat them.
  • Rokas said:
    Naruj said:
    Also related, would it be possible to reset the leaderboard? Even once a RL year or so, to give plenty of time for bragging rights and crowing about how great you are at bashing.
    I think of-all-time should remain, if not for the express purpose that some people are competing to beat them.
    This might or might not be true, but several people have told me that a lot of those all-time records were set when the system was still buggy and aren't achievable anymore.