Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    One rez per hour per terror aspect.
  • Inhume is not removed upon death, it lasts the entire hour.
  •  Khizan said:

Speaking of battle-rez, I'd like to get that changed somehow. Having fights determined by "Who grabs the body first" is kind of stupid, as is having to kill the same person several times over the course of a fight because their side wins the balancefight for the body.

TBH, I'd much rather have some other team-synergy skill at the top of Supremacy other than resurrect. It always seemed a bit odd to me that a basilisk could do resurrecting in any case. If not that, something that does some synergy with poisonmind or bloodpoison(not that I can think of anything right now), because I wanna poison people to death.
  • I want real support tanks. Templar kind of does it now if played that way, but eh. It'd be a cool combat role.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    More cowbell.
  • VelionVelion California, USA
    Just noticed today - classlead 89 would improve Imperian. Was it looked at and decided it wasn't needed? It's not a huge problem, but when it happens it's -extremely- annoying.
  • - Satiation (Survival) now blocks drinking of non-curative liquids
  • edited May 2013
    A command to allow guild masters, city leaders, and other sect or even cult leaders of a circle to comment on pending charters for new cults in their circle - specifically so the administration can get some feedback instead of pretty much approving everything.

EDIT: Can we also get around to improving Imperian by adding that thing that makes inactive cults or cults that clearly have no hope of continuing without reform feel some pressure or danger? For good examples, see: Cult of Contention at literal 0 members, Whispers at 1 with no leader.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Yeah, we will be removing inactive cults.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    Could we get the 'areas' command from Aetolia? Basically you type 'areas' and it lists areas by level, area name, and the Vnum for the entrance to the area.
  • We are putting in an addition to survey this week, and next week we will probably add something like that. We talked about that on Monday.

• edited May 2013
    I don't actually own a lot of artifacts so this might already exist in some form, but add a tag or something to each artifact, maybe viewable in ARTIFACT LIST,  but at least in ARTIFACT SHOW and ARTIFACT LIST OWNED, which simply notes whether or not the effects of the artifact are share-able (i.e., you can give the artifact to another person and they can gain benefit from it). This might be too nit-picky to warrant being done, but I wanted to post it anyway.

• INVENTORY STORED.

Shows you all of the items you have on your person, displaying by what object they are stored in.

You are holding:
    You are holding in pack284858:
    You are wearing:

etc etc
  • Change the Moon tattoo to only cure mana when it's below a certain threshold? You could have it only tick when mana is below a set point like 85%, when mana is below your mana sipping threshold(which means it will only trigger if you're actively sipping), or have a separate, configurable threshold for it ala AUTOCURING MOON 85. All of these solutions would mean I'm not redoing moon every few hours, since I don't need them to deal with my def drains, just with mana kill classes.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    I wish tick tats, moon, boar, moss, were pausable. Touch once to initiate ticking, touch again to halt/deactivate it.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Asked for that several for several classleads and keeps getting rejected :(

Claims the shard research is supposed to somehow address the problem.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    Speaking of Improving Imperian and the artifact auction

Ring of Returning:
    -Can it have a cooldown? Once per hour? Once every 30m? Once every real life year?

• I'd really like culture to get the priv to hold impromptu quizzes (HELP QUIZ). The only time we get to do them are the ToA, and I could have a ton of fun running these for an org when we're running events for ourselves.
  • Aleutia said:
    I'd really like culture to get the priv to hold impromptu quizzes (HELP QUIZ). The only time we get to do them are the ToA, and I could have a ton of fun running these for an org when we're running events for ourselves.
    I used to think I wrote top-notch propaganda, but after seeing the winning Arts Bardic entry, I might have @Saivash write my quiz question.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Lionas said:
    Aleutia said:
    I'd really like culture to get the priv to hold impromptu quizzes (HELP QUIZ). The only time we get to do them are the ToA, and I could have a ton of fun running these for an org when we're running events for ourselves.
    I used to think I wrote top-notch propaganda, but after seeing the winning Arts Bardic entry, I might have @Saivash write my quiz question.
    When in doubt, the answer is Sol'Anlumaire. If the answer isn't Sol'Anlumaire, you're doing it wrong.
  • I'd like to see a city Lastlogin privilege.
  • It would be nice if the elite membership credits also gave you the bonus conversion lessons when you transfer them to a character.

• People might disagree, but I think making rings only last until logout(like Webs in Aetolia) would be a decent way to push the world back to RP a little. I'm of the opinion that part of the reason I don't see as much RP is because half of Imperian are in OOC rings or OOC clans and can avoid RP very easily. It's unfortunate to me that the little RP I've seen since I came back to Imperian has been exclusively when I was just starting back or when playing as alts. Seems like the more established you become as a character, the less RP you do, and that's disappointing to me. Until-logout rings would hopefully also make people less centered around little niches, and might contribute to more cross-niche roleplay among people that don't normally interact, but share a council/city/guild with each other.

Not completely against OOC communication or OOC clans or whatever(as much as Burt/Bellatore/Illuminati/Bilderburg Group are annoying to me), but the further detached this OOC communication is from our everyday Imperian lives, the more RP you'll see pop up. And I, for one, am really getting discouraged by the lack of RP and IC communication I see and would welcome any increased amount of RP, no matter how trivial or self-masturbatory.
  • edited May 2013
    Burt at least has been pretty much dead the last few times I've logged on. An any communication do e there is usually not even imperian related, so not the highest chance of meta gaming. None the less the lack of rp largely stems from, in my opinion, the fact that it takes most people an hour or more to have a simple conversation about anything IC related. Couple that with the fact that shards tend to fall during that hour long spell, and you have an unfriendly IC environment. It's largely up to the players, as always, to not drag out simple interactions so I'm more inclined converse with you again later, rather than bash my head against my keyboard while I wait for you to respond for five minutes with a two word sentence.

Note: the 'you' in this sense is ambiguous and not targeted at your character specifically.

• As I said, I know a lot of people will disagree. On a similar note, I feel like Demonic needs to move over to using an IC Clan for shardfalls. When I was active in shardfalls as Dicene, I felt like I wasn't the only one that didn't want to have to stay in an OOC ring all the time. Trying to keep clantells off between the shardfalls could lead to you missing the actually shardfall(announced on clantell) and not being able to participate. There's even a military clan already in place. I know it's a hassle to move over, but I think it'd be worth it to support those that want to avoid the OOC of a ring. Plus, you actually have a way to kick members without starting a new ring and manually re-inviting every single person. There's someone meta-gaming and they refuse to RING QUIT? Kick.
  • edited May 2013
    Noone forces anybody to stay in the ring.People come and go when they want, and if you leave it, you can be re-invited. Personally I think ring is more convinient because it is less confusing to announce things to RT rather than search for the right clan in the list.By the way, in Achaea rings are IC often, I had hard time getting used to it when playing it for a bit last winter (at least Mhaldor does).

Edit: Their rings are not rings, but I can't remember right now what they are. Party probably, since they call players adventurers (totally gives me mental images of OOTS too.)
  • IniarIniar Australia
    rt < clt
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Change all your raid triggers from RT to CLAN MILITARY TELL.
    #ALIAS CMT {CLAN MILITARY TELL %-1}

Also, didn't say anyone was forced. You could hypothetically RING QUIT and ask for an invite every time you find out that a shardfall is going down, but tell me how appealing that idea sounds two-five times a day just to be able to avoid OOC when you can.
  • Well I guess what I am trying to say is I don't really see a problem with quitting the ring when you don't want to be in it, and rejoining for a shardfall. Then again it is my personal opinion and I am not imposing it on others. I just really don't see any difference in doing it in ring or in clan, I thought the major opinion was ring is fine for it and everyone is sticking to it because of it.