Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• I bought the Veil during the artifact promotion, because I got a piece and Ultrix sold me another piece, so I got it at a pretty significant discount. I primarily bought it because Team Magick was rolling Aakrin/Alvetta/Risca/Eldreth/Seraphyne and basically half of their big names were impossible to detect without one, and I said the same "I'll just use it to find them" stuff right before wearing it 24/7 anyways.

I don't wear it to hide from fights, though. I wear it all the time because it hides me from Foreboding Stones and traces and other such things, and that's basically the best thing ever. I mean, let's be honest here. I own a Foreboding Stone and that means that you couldn't jump me anyways, because I'd just avoid the fight if I didn't want it. The only real way you could successfully jump me would still require you to own a Veil to bypass my Stone. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited October 2015
    Dicene said:
    Went ahead and IDEA'd this, even though I'm fairly certain someone else has already done that.

14:19:33 (Ring): Wysrias says, "You know what would be a really nice QoL thing."
    14:19:48 (Ring): Wysrias says, "If you could toggle pathfinding for all members of your 
    circle regardless of ally status."

I'll add to this that having a way to toggle the concealing effects of a veil on allies would be great. Something like CONFIG VEIL <ALL|ENEMIES|OFF> would be a really solid QoL change for the owners of(and allies of) people who own the particularly expensive artifact. Plus, those people who say "I just own the veil to find other veil-owners" could actually do what they claim they'd like to do and make it easier for fights to come to them. =D
    If they were really your ally, they would have set up a trigger to respond with their room number when you asked them for their location! :)
  • Let me attach bootspikes to sandals plx. It'd be good for the sole
  • Token ware artifact that lets you have a mount + animal at the same time mb?
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • May I pleaaaaaaaaase get a specific message when farsee fails due to soulmask/covertracks/etc as compared to when it fails due to them just not being around? Right now they are identical and that is awful.

H:669/669 M:479/480 B:0 <eb pp> <fdb> K:0 R:0 farsee risca
    You can see nothing but darkness.
    Equilibrium Taken: 1.05s
    H:669/669 M:478/480 B:0 <-b pp> <fdb> K:0 R:0
    You have regained your mental equilibrium.
    H:669/669 M:478/480 B:0 <eb pp> <fdb> K:0 R:0 farsee syric

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:

May I pleaaaaaaaaase get a specific message when farsee fails due to soulmask/covertracks/etc as compared to when it fails due to them just not being around? Right now they are identical and that is awful.

H:669/669 M:479/480 B:0 <eb pp> <fdb> K:0 R:0 farsee risca
    H:669/669 M:478/480 B:0 <-b pp> <fdb> K:0 R:0
    You have regained your mental equilibrium.
    H:669/669 M:478/480 B:0 <eb pp> <fdb> K:0 R:0 farsee syric

This is deliberate. While the fully-hidden functionality of the gem of cloaking is used more rarely, it still exists, and this change would allow it to be trivially bypassed.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Could the "bucket of wheel grease" go by the keyword "grease#####" instead of "bucket#####"?

It is very frustrating to be trying to douse firewalls with a bucket full of wheel grease, because I keep trying to fill the wrong bucket. :(

• It previously responded to both "bucket" and "grease". However, since its effect is passive and you rarely need to reference it directly anyway, I see no harm in making that change. The "bucket of wheel grease" will now only respond to "grease".
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Thanks! The problem came with "FILL BUCKET" hitting the wrong bucket. :(

• Show ring chat to and from everyone, even if they're phased. Spamming ringtells and people's message folders gets old.
  • On the general topic of 'Improving Imperian', I really think the documentation on the game, particularly the information lacking in several AB and regular helpfiles could do with some improvement. Things are changed or stated in Announce posts, and I haven't played for several years, and then I'm expected to know them by combing through announce posts instead of just reading the helpfile or ability file for them. Two examples from the last 24 hours: Enhancements not working on sabres or claymores(not listed in AB ENHANCEMENTS), and Shardfall zones being Open PK(Not listed in help shards).

I think if the game wants to get new players or old players back, you need to have accurate information presented as simple as possible.
  • Berserkers have an issue where the ATTACK verb with rage activated generates rage without ever spending it, which means that if you try to bash just using 'attack' you hit 80% rage and then end up getting perma-reckless. Berserkers end up having to code their own ATTACK variant to burn rage, and this is irritating.

It would be nice if the ATTACK verb would burn rage as it's generated somehow. Thunder at 30% or something.

• edited October 2015

Items

156 Metalworking pole

167 Metalworking glasses

172 Metalworking cane

168 Metalworking coin

177 Metalworking handmirror

199 Metalworking crest

208 Metalworking bell

214 Metalworking lantern

388 Metalworking wand

215 Metalworking candlestick

232 Metalworking pipe

360 Metalworking shovel

362 Metalworking fishingpole

392 Metalworking badge

419 Metalworking pocketwatch

429 Metalworking teapot

442 Metalworking tinderbox

Furniture

394 Metalworking rack

475 Metalworking stairs

397 Metalworking bathtub

363 Metalworking table

446 Metalworking stool

427 Metalworking throne

386 Metalworking mantelpiece

132 Metalworking armoire

137 Metalworking chandelier

139 Metalworking counter

178 Metalworking bed

181 Metalworking bench

146 Metalworking brazier

194 Metalworking desk

196 Metalworking shelf

206 Metalworking screen

207 Metalworking mirror

234 Metalworking chair

212 Metalworking sculpture

Containers

129 Metalworking mug

145 Metalworking drinkinghorn

152 Metalworking canteen

157 Metalworking flask

142 Metalworking vial

164 Metalworking chalice

183 Metalworking flagon

202 Metalworking goblet

204 Metalworking plaque

217 Metalworking bowl

231 Metalworking cup

205 Metalworking pitcher

233 Metalworking glass

364 Metalworking bucket

424 Metalworking flute

211 Metalworking pot

460 Metalworking bottle

144 Metalworking chest

389 Metalworking box

Decorations

463 Metalworking figurine

468 Metalworking letterholder

141 Metalworking burner

149 Metalworking trophy

151 Metalworking vase

158 Metalworking candelabra

165 Metalworking sconce

Clothing

368 Metalworking scabbard

371 Metalworking quiver

374 Metalworking dartsheath

417 Metalworking hat

376 Metalworking sheath

169 Metalworking monocle

174 Metalworking armband

465 Metalworking belt

189 Metalworking spurs

195 Metalworking mask

167 Metalworking glasses

Layouts

130 Metalworking-L leatherhelm

131 Metalworking-L buckler

133 Metalworking-L scalemail

134 Metalworking-L hammer

135 Metalworking-L fullplate

136 Metalworking-L tuningfork

138 Metalworking-L leathervambraces

140 Metalworking-L jigsaw

143 Metalworking-L scimitar

147 Metalworking-L leatherarmour

148 Metalworking-L lapidary

150 Metalworking-L flintlock

153 Metalworking-L blunderbuss

154 Metalworking-L sitara

155 Metalworking-L fieldplate

159 Metalworking-L lance

160 Metalworking-L lance

161 Metalworking-L ringmail

162 Metalworking-L dirk

163 Metalworking-L morningstar

166 Metalworking-L pan

170 Metalworking-L cavalry

171 Metalworking-L shortsword

173 Metalworking-L sewingmachine

175 Metalworking-L platevambraces

etc...

I have to open this in a text file every time I design because ARGLBLARG  =)
  • Oystir said:

<bunch of crafting patterns list>

I have to open this in a text file every time I design because ARGLBLARG  =)
    Why don't you just use PATTERN LIST NAME <SEARCH STRING> to get the design pattern number?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    MORE FREE TOKEN QUESTS.

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Can autocuring status command also show which autocuring priority group you currently have set?

• edited October 2015
    Wielded:
       Left Hand  :  quarterstaff316422       a pinewood quarterstaff of lightning
       Right Hand :  dagger35669              a gold and ivory stiletto dagger

sheath dagger sheath\sheath quarterstaff scabbard
    You sheath a gold and ivory stiletto dagger into a chained sheath of gold and ivory with your right
    hand.
    That is not a weapon you may sheath.

Why? The scabbard is special-designed. :(
    its so pretty

Edit: And @Ultrix Syntaxes that don't spoonfeed me commands when I do them wrong fly right above my head. Especially when trying to deal with metalworking vs metalworking-layouts.

• Just do something like "setalias searchpatterns patterns list name" and then you can just do "searchpatterns <thing>".

H:610/637 M:448/449 B:1 <eb pp> <db> K:0 R:0 setalias searchpatterns pattern list name
    Alias "searchpatterns" will now execute: "pattern list name"
    H:610/637 M:448/449 B:1 <eb pp> <db> K:0 R:0  
    searchpatterns lance
    Showing designs with name "lance".
    *******************************[ Pattern List ]********************************
    ID Tradeskill Name
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    159 Metalworking-L lance
    *******************************************************************************

• I remember Khizan once saying that mentioning on forums about a customisation waiting for approval was helpful in getting things approved in a timely fashion.

It would improve my Imperian so much if my vialbelt didn't clash with my outfit. =DD
  • Is there only one person who checks customisation queues? I have noticed tremendous variability, where I have waited weeks...or an hour.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Eldreth said:
    Is there only one person who checks customisation queues? I have noticed tremendous variability, where I have waited weeks...or an hour.
    I apologize, I'll get to it today, I've had my hands tied with Halloween, but it seems to be running smoothly now.
  • As you tentatively open the small box, it bursts into brilliant golden light that blinds you completely. As your vision slowly
    clears, a weak, quavering voice says, "I may be gone, Khizan, but you shall take a piece of me with you..."
    You have been granted a tattered map of the Trabine Reserve and an extra clan slot.

That is an incredibly crappy phylactery reward. It can't be traded in and it's useless for people without 10 clans.

• Can there be a config option to remove third party wielding messages? Every fighter I know seems to quickdraw before every attack and it's so spammy. 

Every little bit to cut down 23 lines of text between prompts will be helpful =(

<512/512h 637/637m 0b 21.50x 0k <eb db > 
    Wysrias barks at a hideously warped treant, ordering it to attack you.
    Wysrias secures his previously wielded items and instantly draws a flail 
    adorned with black-limbed deer into his left hand, with a war-battered Aesirian
    shield flowing into the right.
    Wysrias razes your aura of rebounding with a flail adorned with black-limbed 
    deer.
    Wysrias swings a flail adorned with black-limbed deer powerfully at you, 
    ravaging your flesh.
    Damage Taken: 27 blunt, physical (raw damage: 71)
    As Wysrias attacks, the swirling bileshroud seeps into his lungs, causing him 
    to cough violently.
    Your ability to digest elixirs seems off for some reason.
    You are afflicted with slow elixirs.
    Sudden pain washes over you as the torment strikes you.
    Damage Taken: 3 psychic (raw damage: 6)
    As Wysrias attacks, the swirling bileshroud seeps into his lungs, causing him 
    to cough violently.
    You wince as the curved thorns on a flail adorned with black-limbed deer tear 
    lacerations into your skin.
    Wysrias rubs a shadowgem and as shadows appear in front of your eyes, you feel 
    an alien presence whisper urgently within your mind.
    You take a drink of an elixir of mana from a ruby vial.
    Your mind feels rejuvenated.
    <481/512h 637/637m 4b 21.50x 0k <eb db > 

• Risca said:
    Can there be a config option to remove third party wielding messages? Every fighter I know seems to quickdraw before every attack and it's so spammy. 

I'd like it if quickdraw just failed quietly if you were already wielding the things in question for just this reason.

I get upset with Ultrix over this all the time. :(

• This is probably a classlead, but can bandages soak up a set amount of bleeding? This all happened in the same second.

You remove 2 cloth, bringing the total in the Rift to 713.
    <447/480h 635/637m 4b 21.50x 0k <eb db > 
    You unroll two spools of cloth and tightly bandage them around yourself.
    Balance Taken: 2.90s
    <447/480h 635/637m 4b 21.50x 0k <e- db > 
    Loaded with your blood, your bandages have become useless.

• edited November 2015

Alekmanhala the King of Flames crashes into the icewall, stopping his motion and hurting himself in the process.
    Alekmanhala the King of Flames delivers a blow which almost slices off one of Alekmanhala the King of Flames's limbs.
    The water flooding the room hisses as it is boiled off into nothing.
    H:637/637 M:448/449 B:0 <eb pp> <db> K:0 R:0
    Calais rakes Alekmanhala the King of Flames across the body swiftly with the tip of a blade-tipped glaive.
    H:637/637 M:448/449 B:0 <eb pp> <db> K:0 R:0
    Alekmanhala the King of Flames begins burrowing frantically.
    Alekmanhala the King of Flames burrows out to the south, leaving behind a wall of flames.
    That wall will only help Alekmanhala the King of Flames! Destroy it or replace it with something that will cool his attack.

This is awful, can he please not do this anymore? I don't mind this attack in and of itself, but I hate it when he chains this thing endlessly and you get to hit him like once a minute. It's easily taking well over half an hour to kill him because he's never in the freaking room.

• Khizan said:

I'd like it if quickdraw just failed quietly if you were already wielding the things in question for just this reason.

I get upset with Ultrix over this all the time. :(

Let's be honest here. I only quickdraw all the time right now because I am too lazy to implement my "am I wielding the correct morphing form" notwithstanding the fact that @Garryn was very kind and implemented a longform check in gmcp for my first world problems.

On the other hand, I do find it hilarious when you see someone spam quickdraw a dozen times in a row -- you know someone hit the lag monster hard and everything just went through all at once.
  • The change to quickdraw is awesome, but it seems to be bugged now.

You are holding:
    Wielded:
    Left Hand : glaive278264 a blade-tipped glaive
    Right Hand : kite shield247711 a kite shield

H:669/669 M:444/449 B:0 <eb pp> <db> K:0 R:0 quickdraw bow
    You must have both hands empty to wield a two-handed item.
    Your attempt to quickly draw and wield your items has failed.

You are holding:
    Wielded:
    Right Hand : kite shield247711 a kite shield

It's not clearing the right hand when you try to quickdraw a 2h item with both hands full, and then it fails because you don't have two empty hands.

• Should be fixed.